PDA

View Full Version : Who can add a beadlock to an aluminum wheel?

Krooser
08-31-2015, 04:48 PM
I have three aluminum wheels that have some damage to the outside lip. Who can add a beadlock to these wheels at a REASONABLE cost? I talked to an off road shop and he quoted me $375.00!!!

billetbirdcage
08-31-2015, 08:55 PM
None of them want to mess with it, lol.

At one time weld sold half's but when it came time to sell them they almost won't sell them. After playing around with them about it for weeks they finally sold me new wheels for WD cost so they didn't have to sell me a few wheel half, lol.

Krooser
08-31-2015, 10:59 PM
Those off road guys will do it but I'm not spending that kind of cash… I'll keep looking. Steel kits are available but I never see aluminum ones for stock cars.

Race fan1
09-01-2015, 06:04 AM
A lot of the off road modifications I have seen done to wheels would not be true enough for a high speed application. Just something to think about. Also had a friend that tried to weld tabs in a non bead lock wheel to accept covers and the welding heat he applied pretty much ruined that wheel.

cjsracing
09-01-2015, 08:36 AM
Racefan1 I had a local welding shop weld tabs on my nonbeadlocks with no issues at all.

Race fan1
09-01-2015, 09:42 AM
I am sure some are capable of doing decent job, I just meant be careful of who you let do it. Cheap is most likely not going to be good in this case. That's not how those wheels are made and there is a reason for it. The fact that they are made from 1 piece is also why they are so much more expensive than a wheel without those 3 tabs.

Race fan1
09-01-2015, 09:55 AM
Pit stop USA, allstar and probably others as well sell an adapter that will clamp in your existing non beadlock wheel to accept a cover and is only like $30 or $40. Could even be moved from one wheel to another.