PDA

View Full Version : lr stack spring ?

taylor2727
09-01-2015, 04:49 PM
I'm going to Try a stack spring on lr this week and wanted to know if there is a rhyme or reason to stack in a certain way (10" spring on top 4" on bottom or 4" on top 10" on bottom ) this is not dual stage Trying to load lr without putting 200 # lr in it. Thanks

TheJet-09
09-01-2015, 05:36 PM
I just went to this and really like it. All my opinion/observation, but the short spring (4") will need to be on top (assuming your running the body of the shock on top and shaft down). Reason being is the spring "slider" (between the two springs) needs to be supported by the body of the shock. You might also need a 12" bottom spring as opposed to a 10". I found that with the shorter spring, the spring slider would butt up against the shock protector (cap threaded on the end of the shock body to protect it from the spring) if I tried to add turns to the LR (say like 8 turns). What I ended up doing was changing the shock extension from a 1" to a 2" which in turn moved the entire spring assembly up the body of the shock 1". Lastly, if doing this check to make sure you won't have any bottoming out issues due to basically having one less inch of travel available on the LR. Good luck, I think you'll find that you like it over one conventional spring.

25drtrkr
09-01-2015, 08:53 PM
I cant imagine it not being way too tight without the locknut. The dual rate made a huge difference (tighter) in and off on our blue rocket.