PDA

View Full Version : Interesting interview with Chub re chassis switch

RoadtoPennsboro
09-03-2015, 07:13 AM
Randy Anderson did several interviews with guys at the Eriez WoO show. I thought Chub's was interesting. You can see he's holding back lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVHxqxb8Obw

Also, being there in person, the heat race he and Heckenast put on was great.

Barbecueboy
09-03-2015, 07:14 AM
Good for chub, ........hopefully he won't get banned.

Highside Hustler25
09-03-2015, 07:21 AM
old news.............................

RoadtoPennsboro
09-03-2015, 07:22 AM
Sorry Highside. I don't come here too much.

The Max Blair interview was good too. Someone needs to put him on tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mjKHqckLOU

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-03-2015, 09:52 AM
Too bad he will have to go back to Rocket to get the Rumley suspension...

Barbecueboy
09-03-2015, 10:16 AM
Too bad he will have to go back to Rocket to get the Rumley suspension...

Why get it from a distributor when you can get it from the guy that builds it?

Barbecueboy
09-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Like he did with his fuel injection , I hope Kevin breaks the bank with his suspension tweak idea......smart guy, great for the sport.

Highside Hustler25
09-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Sorry Highside. I don't come here too much.

The Max Blair interview was good too. Someone needs to put him on tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mjKHqckLOU

No apologies needed Sir. Max and Briggs interviews were good.

Funny thing, out of all the interviews done by that fella, when the racers were asked, including Ron Davies, who's the guy to beat? It wasn't Clanton the current points leader but the guy in the blue car that everyone wants to bash.

25drtrkr
09-03-2015, 02:37 PM
No apologies needed Sir. Max and Briggs interviews were good.

Funny thing, out of all the interviews done by that fella, when the racers were asked, including Ron Davies, who's the guy to beat? It wasn't Clanton the current points leader but the guy in the blue car that everyone wants to bash.

You're right HH25!....that's because some have so much hatred for his dad and his chassis choice, they are blinded to the heckuva wheelman that Josh is!

chupp n bloomer fan
09-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Like he did with his fuel injection , I hope Kevin breaks the bank with his suspension tweak idea......smart guy, great for the sport.Welcome back BBQ. I thought fuel injection was illegal?

Barbecueboy
09-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Welcome back BBQ. I thought fuel injection was illegal?

It's not in NASCAR.......and thanks.

Barbecueboy
09-03-2015, 04:54 PM
You're right HH25!....that's because some have so much hatred for his dad and his chassis choice, they are blinded to the heckuva wheelman that Josh is!

I don't think anybody is blinded to Josh's ability.............the first part of your statement is spot on though.

25drtrkr
09-03-2015, 05:24 PM
I don't think anybody is blinded to Josh's ability.............the first part of your statement is spot on though.

I don't disagree that he's been over-aggressive at times, door slams and bad sliders. He seems to have calmed down since the early part of the year. I think they have the car setup to his liking now.

BTW......good to see you back!

Barbecueboy
09-03-2015, 07:57 PM
There is possibly another very good reason he has calmed down since earlier in the year ......reality check 101.

And thanks.

deez lug nuts
09-03-2015, 08:51 PM
Took some time for Rocket Josh to find the comfort zone behind the wheel once again and he sure has found it. :D

Perhaps it's time for Rocket Chassis to hire a full time car tech support person or two or three to help customers with car tech support issues. Rocket Chassis' healthy business dollars would pay the wages no problem and the increased sales due to customers having good car tech support would be a win. :cool:

Josh Bayko
09-03-2015, 09:22 PM
Double post.

Josh Bayko
09-03-2015, 09:24 PM
There is possibly another very good reason he has calmed down since earlier in the year ......reality check 101.

And thanks.

He was pretty calm in 2013 before he went on the shelf. I think when he got back in the car he was trying a little too hard to get back to form. If it wasn't Roberts that he ran over, it would have been somebody else.

Barbecueboy
09-03-2015, 09:25 PM
He was pretty calm in 2013 before he went on the shelf. I think when he got back in the car he was trying a little too hard to get back to form.

Good assessment.......

mud duck
09-04-2015, 01:04 AM
Mark isn't going to hire anymore tech personnel as suggested. Josh's new found speed most likely wont be transferred or communicated to other Rocketeers!! This is about making Josh fast and winning some Crown Jewels!! Rocket doesn't have to worry about car sells on the regional or local level and that's where Mark makes the most of his money!! Heck, the Conley's alone pay all the utility bills and other expenses at the shop with all cars they buy. Mark is focused strictly on getting Josh some Crown Jewels to add to the trophy case! This is what guys like Lanigan and Chub are starting to realize. Does anyone think, Mark is going to reveal his secrets to guys sitting across the pits night in and night out?? It's a fine line to walk as car builder and owning one at the level of Josh. That's why guys are going else where. You can't beat Josh running the same thing as Josh!! And I'm pretty sure guys aren't getting all the information (to have the same as Josh)!! Only one out there might be BShepp who's very close to Mark. Can't blame the guy for wanting his son to win and do the very best!! And you can't blame guys for going elsewhere when they realize they might not be getting what they used to from Rocket.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-04-2015, 03:17 AM
Mark isn't going to hire anymore tech personnel as suggested. Josh's new found speed most likely wont be transferred or communicated to other Rocketeers!! This is about making Josh fast and winning some Crown Jewels!! Rocket doesn't have to worry about car sells on the regional or local level and that's where Mark makes the most of his money!! Heck, the Conley's alone pay all the utility bills and other expenses at the shop with all cars they buy. Mark is focused strictly on getting Josh some Crown Jewels to add to the trophy case! This is what guys like Lanigan and Chub are starting to realize. Does anyone think, Mark is going to reveal his secrets to guys sitting across the pits night in and night out?? It's a fine line to walk as car builder and owning one at the level of Josh. That's why guys are going else where. You can't beat Josh running the same thing as Josh!! And I'm pretty sure guys aren't getting all the information (to have the same as Josh)!! Only one out there might be BShepp who's very close to Mark. Can't blame the guy for wanting his son to win and do the very best!! And you can't blame guys for going elsewhere when they realize they might not be getting what they used to from Rocket.Very good post. You will not get any of the chassis people's latest and greatest stuff. And if a certain someone is not working at Rocket come Speedweeks 2016 I'll be very shocked.

Barbecueboy
09-04-2015, 07:55 AM
Very good post. You will not get any of the chassis people's latest and greatest stuff. And if a certain someone is not working at Rocket come Speedweeks 2016 I'll be very shocked.

Don't stand too near any water.......

onlyfacts
09-04-2015, 10:20 AM
Don't stand too near any water.......Glad to ️see your back...everything is OK and Fine.

Barbecueboy
09-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Glad to ️see your back...everything is OK and Fine.

It sure is......madden coming to eldora in a new longhorn, it's better than fine.

And thanks for the welcome back.

Raceready
09-04-2015, 05:29 PM
Its a shame about Chub being thrown under the bus by Richards after all he did to build a thriving business for Rocket. Nearly every Rocket that raced at Stateline,Erie,McKean County,Raceway 7,Little Valley and scores of others in the mid west to north east region had some connection with Chub. At one time it was the hottest selling region. Also Mike Balzano,Steve Francis,Chub and a few other Rocketeers took Josh under their wing and nurtured him along.They did some of this at the test sessions they would hold at I-79 when it was truly a team operation and not a 1 man show as it has now become.there is the old saying about dancing with the one who brung you witch means in essence that you shouldn't forget those that got you where you are today.

Barbecueboy
09-04-2015, 06:45 PM
People may faint when I say this, but you have to give Richards and baker a thumbs up for developing a chassis that put those drivers so far ahead of the curve back then.

I agree with everything else ( and more) that you say about them taking Josh under their wing etc.....

It all comes around though, and my personal disdain for mark himself does not take away from what Josh has been able to grow up and mature into.....

Break out the smelling salts.

mud duck
09-04-2015, 07:59 PM
Great post RaceReady!! Your spot on. I think once it was realized Josh wasn't going to make it in NASCAR as was hoped and his future was strictly DLMR. Things started to focus more on just the House car and him. It took a few years for guys to start catching on to what was happening. Again, tough to walk that fine line as builder and running against the very cars you compete against.

25drtrkr
09-04-2015, 08:42 PM
Mark isn't going to hire anymore tech personnel as suggested. Josh's new found speed most likely wont be transferred or communicated to other Rocketeers!! This is about making Josh fast and winning some Crown Jewels!! Rocket doesn't have to worry about car sells on the regional or local level and that's where Mark makes the most of his money!! Heck, the Conley's alone pay all the utility bills and other expenses at the shop with all cars they buy. Mark is focused strictly on getting Josh some Crown Jewels to add to the trophy case! This is what guys like Lanigan and Chub are starting to realize. Does anyone think, Mark is going to reveal his secrets to guys sitting across the pits night in and night out?? It's a fine line to walk as car builder and owning one at the level of Josh. That's why guys are going else where. You can't beat Josh running the same thing as Josh!! And I'm pretty sure guys aren't getting all the information (to have the same as Josh)!! Only one out there might be BShepp who's very close to Mark. Can't blame the guy for wanting his son to win and do the very best!! And you can't blame guys for going elsewhere when they realize they might not be getting what they used to from Rocket.
I don't believe that based on my personal experience. My car owner and I spent 3 days with them last year. Josh answered every question asked from setup to shocks to chassis adj during a race. They allowed us to crawl under their car and look at whatever we wanted. Based on my experience, I find it hard to believe some are not getting the help they need, however If they are working on something new I can understand with the public not getting it right away.

Josh Bayko
09-04-2015, 09:51 PM
You know, even if Chub got the info he wanted from Rocket, I still don't think he'd be winning. I mean, he's not winning in the Longhorn, either. He's not the driver he was even five years ago. He's sliding over the hill.

mud duck
09-04-2015, 11:37 PM
McCreadie starts 23rd and finishes 14th. TMac has not lost it that bad? Plus, other than the regulars and Moyer. There wasn't a lot of top 25 teams there and I'm putting it nicely. Maybe they r working on things and will help their other cars eventually. But, I hope it's soon with TMac!! Josh is running lights out and TMac is just running!! I'm just using both them on the WoO. But, it's not like BShepp and Carrier are doing much either. Although, they have some good tracks coming up for them.

racer67x
09-05-2015, 02:03 AM
People may faint when I say this, but you have to give Richards and baker a thumbs up for developing a chassis that put those drivers so far ahead of the curve back then.

I agree with everything else ( and more) that you say about them taking Josh under their wing etc.....
Steve Baker has pretty much sacrificed his own driving career by constantly being a test mule,I've seen stuff under his car that nobody has.
some nights hes fast,others not so much..lol
but he always seems to be having fun and in the end thats what its all about I guess.

onlyfacts
09-05-2015, 07:34 AM
I was talking to Steve Casebolt last night at Attica and he had nothing but good things to say about Rocket. He said they have helped he a lot with a new setup. He had fast time won his heat and ran 2nd in feature to Bloomquist. Maybe the info is more about how you apply it. Not everyone in a Longhorn or a Club 29 is setting the world on fire either.

spas
09-05-2015, 08:30 PM
I was talking to Steve Casebolt last night at Attica and he had nothing but good things to say about Rocket. He said they have helped he a lot with a new setup. He had fast time won his heat and ran 2nd in feature to Bloomquist. Maybe the info is more about how you apply it. Not everyone in a Longhorn or a Club 29 is setting the world on fire either.

i thought Casebolt was in a club car.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-05-2015, 08:48 PM
i thought Casebolt was in a club car.

You are a month behind.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-05-2015, 11:02 PM
Don't stand too near any water.......Well, all I can say is wait and see BBQ.