PDA

View Full Version : left rear drop

37mod
09-03-2015, 08:39 PM
2013 MasterSbilt Smackdown. What's everyone running for left side axle drop? (Bottom of overslung frame to top of axel). I'm at 11-3/4" but compared to what the other cars look like mine doesn't seam to hike as high. Has anyone tried running low or no bite on a slick track to tighten entry and let the left bars get the car off the corner? and would this require more left rear drop? Just an idea.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-03-2015, 09:06 PM
2013 MasterSbilt Smackdown. What's everyone running for left side axle drop? (Bottom of overslung frame to top of axel). I'm at 11-3/4" but compared to what the other cars look like mine doesn't seam to hike as high. Has anyone tried running low or no bite on a slick track to tighten entry and let the left bars get the car off the corner? and would this require more left rear drop? Just an idea.
I am usually around 13.5". Measure by jacking up car under seat area.

I typically run pretty high bite numbers. Yes, lower bite will require you to do something to wedge up on exit unless it is totally a momentum deal.

mopar92
10-14-2015, 08:28 AM

I was not getting near enough hike at 12.5. Never had a smackdown before. Went to 12.80" from 12.4" or so and it made a hell of a difference with the rear steer. I believe I need to go up in bite though. I did lose some drive but not much. I'm looking at pics of my car and others and I'd swear, some guys just letting the shocks take the fall. Some guys LR's are way up in the door.
Top to bottom - 12.25 then 12.5, then bottom is 12.80 or so. I'm out of chain. I could not get it to go to 13".

cjsracing
10-14-2015, 08:39 AM
I am like Mastersbiltracer 13.5" with high bite

hot rock
10-14-2015, 02:18 PM
I am like Mastersbiltracer 13.5" with high bite

what is high bite these days

cjsracing
10-14-2015, 03:32 PM
I start with 140 lbs and usually end up 160 - 180 once it gets slick

TheJet-09
10-14-2015, 10:12 PM
Also take into consideration you gain more rake in your J-Bar when the LR drop is more. Smackdowns have quite a bit of roll - steer (short links). You could try longer links on the LR...move the upper shock mount back too to maintain the original positioning.