PDA

View Full Version : Why is it?

Hoosier_Dirt
09-07-2015, 04:23 PM
The first words out of some fans mouth is "how many cars do they have", or who all is there? I go to watch a race! I've saw plenty of good races without the "Moyers,Oneals etc.... and not every race is gonna be a barn burner of 24 cars battling for the lead on a hammer down track!! Just not gonna happen! My point is go the races, support your local tracks, and enjoy!!!

Hoosier
09-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Racing and life is not fair. The NY Yankees draw more fans that the miserable Braves. Obama draws more than Biden. We vote with our money, hoping for big strong fields and a decent track.

WVRACEFAN
09-07-2015, 05:23 PM
How many cars & what drivers are there is part of what makes dirt racing exciting. I go regardless but its fun too see & hear who is at the race.

Kwd1253
09-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Only time i ask who going be there is when i make wkly group 4 pick .. i got screwed on all my lucas group 4 picks this week. Someone told me marlar going be at 3 lucas races. So i got screwed first night 4 group.. so i picked chris ferguson for portsmouth, someone did try msg me tell me had water pump problem wouldnt make it. By that time it was past the dead line. Then good ol billy moyer sr. said was going to hillbilly 100, Nope no show! He went to eldora pick up a check and get a feel of the track. But that only time i ask who going when im making picks who dont have web site with a schedule for the wkly picks. Local & regional races i dont ask, ill go look at drivers sites sometimes or just go see who show up that night. But its good to know if that night going have good car count sucks when 50 car "all classes" show up because different regionals or national are close by.

25drtrkr
09-07-2015, 06:23 PM
Its kinda like when I tell my wife Im going to the races. She always asks, well who do you know that will be racing. I always respond, I'll know several, but it doesn't matter, Im goin to watch a race!

Highside Hustler25
09-07-2015, 08:48 PM
Do you want to pay 20-25 bucks for 3 heat races or 4-6 heats and a b main? Not a deciding factor but I do check car counts before deciding what venue to spend my $$ at.

fryefan
09-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Quality over quantity any day. With that being said, the most important factor is the racing itself. If there is a lot of side-by-side racing then I am a happy camper.

golddirt
09-07-2015, 10:23 PM
I agree. Don't want to spend twenty bucks to watch twelv cars

J20in1st
09-08-2015, 08:49 AM
First off the closest dirt track to me is LaSalle over an hour away. Outside of that next closest is about 1.5 hrs, (Darlington, Beaver Dam and Wilmot) after that we are out to 3-4 hrs Id much rather travel the 3-4 hrs for a full filed of cars and maybe some b mains over a show at LaSalle that can no longer fill a class.

Same reason I don't go to Rockford Speedway which is 10 min from my house and go to Jefferson Speedway which is just over an hr away. FULL FIELDS AND B MAINS vs 8 cars in each class!

JimBo
09-08-2015, 10:03 AM
I went to a MARS race at Monett Speedway Sunday night and it was some of the best Late Model action I have seen all year. 24 cars present with no huge national touring series names but there were some of the best regional talent there. Terry Phillips, Jessie Stovall, Tony Jackson Jr, Justin Wells, Brandon McCornick, Payton Looney all put on a great show. My point is you don't need a National Touring series name to have a good time at your local track.

jlacey
09-08-2015, 11:42 PM
Ill take quality over quantity any day, ive seen some good races with under 10 cars and ive seen bad races with a full field. But it is always a bonus to see the big names show up. I went to the clash races over the weekend and we definitely would have been disappointed to drive that far and not see some of the big dogs. Other side of that is my local track is Potomac and the biggest names that might drop in once or twice a year are Satterlee and Hubbard, but i know ill still see a good race between the strong local cars we have.

Clayton_Wetter
09-09-2015, 07:04 PM
It's time to start asking how many bathroom stalls there are instead!!!!

th3Swami
09-09-2015, 07:25 PM
"The first words out of some fans mouth is "how many cars do they have", or who all is there?"

For the same and simple reason tracks post results and press releases. But I'm just a race fan.

plunks7
09-09-2015, 07:29 PM
It's time to start asking how many bathroom stalls there are instead!!!!

I see some real truth in this statement. Very good facts their CW. :)

kidrock
09-09-2015, 07:44 PM
I don't need to see ant stars or top notch racers. All I care about is it good racing no matter who is there. I've seen plenty of good racing without one big name racer in attendance.

plunks7
09-09-2015, 07:47 PM
I don't need to see ant stars or top notch racers. All I care about is it good racing no matter who is there. I've seen plenty of good racing without one big name racer in attendance.

I agree kidrock.