PDA

View Full Version : SUPERNATIONALS - Thoughts. Would be cool to have something like this in UMP country.

HoosierDirtFan
09-08-2015, 10:42 PM
I've been keeping up on the updates on the IMCA Supernationals at Boone, IA and it got me thinking that it would be cool to have some thing like that here in UMP Country (Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Eastern Missouri, Northern Tennessee, Western Ohio, ect...)

I know we already have the UMP Nationals at Eldora but that's only for Late Models & Modifieds.

This should be for all UMP Classes:
UMP Late Models - UMP Modifieds - UMP Pro Crate Late Models - UMP Pro Modifieds -
UMP Sportsman - UMP Street Stocks - UMP Sport Compacts.

*NOTE* - (For those that don't already know World Racing Group / UMP are starting a Crate 602 Wing Sprint class in 2016. The 1st track racing them will be the Plymouth, Indiana Speedway with a bunch already being built. Gearte Engines will be the builder. This is being lead by Larry Kemp and the World Racing Group along with Hoosier Racing Tire).

Maybe we can get something like that in this area.

This biggest problem I see with trying this is you would need an absolutely HUGE pit area and good track prep along with a huge payout.

The difference between UMP and IMCA is they tech the sh!t out of them IMCA cars <> Not so much in UMP Ccountry.

The Modified winner only gets $2,500 to win and they pull the motors of the top 3 / 5 cars and those get auctioned off <> a lot of guys wouldn't like that.

Any ideas?

fryefan
09-08-2015, 10:54 PM
No other track currently has the track prep equipment that they have at Boone. They can totally rework the track in 10 minutes.

HoosierDirtFan
09-08-2015, 11:02 PM
No other track currently has the track prep equipment that they have at Boone. They can totally rework the track in 10 minutes.

I know I thought about that. Would love to see it happen though.

J20in1st
09-09-2015, 12:23 AM
There's not enough cars to pass tech the same way to put on a show lol. Every track has their own tweeks

moyerfan1
09-09-2015, 01:26 AM
Tri state speedway would be a great place for this idea..Great track prep there..

HoosierDirtFan
09-09-2015, 01:29 AM
tri state speedway would be a great place for this idea..great track prep there..

but small pit area.

moyerfan1
09-09-2015, 01:39 AM
Maybe get the farmer that owns the land behind the track and see if they could use that for parking...

Wheelman33
09-09-2015, 11:26 AM
Mod Mania is already a mini version of this.

Barbecueboy
09-09-2015, 11:35 AM
That is a great thought, I think practicality would most likely get in the way.........and your right on the pulling motor deal, doubtful many racers will be willing to go that route.

vande07
09-09-2015, 11:51 AM
That is a great thought, I think practicality would most likely get in the way.........and your right on the pulling motor deal, doubtful many racers will be willing to go that route.

Especially since IMCA splits the $$ earned from auctioning off the winners motor to give bonuses to 2nd place on back. The winner gets screwed royally everytime.

You see less and less of the really good IMCA guys running the SuperNationals these days. Equipment gets torn to pieces, if they run good and win, they lose their motor and the only person making any $$$ that week is the promotor. Even the winners of the events are losing $$$.

Barbecueboy
09-09-2015, 11:57 AM
Especially since IMCA splits the $$ earned from auctioning off the winners motor to give bonuses to 2nd place on back. The winner gets screwed royally everytime.

You see less and less of the really good IMCA guys running the SuperNationals these days. Equipment gets torn to pieces, if they run good and win, they lose their motor and the only person making any $$$ that week is the promotor. Even the winners of the events are losing $$$.

So when they auction off the motor, the team the motor comes from doesn't get the money???
I had no idea that's how they did it........that kinda sux.

plunks7
09-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Like I have said on numerous occasions IMCA laughs all the way to the bank. Whether it's a weekly show or big event. The pay outs SUCK!!!!! IMCA has not raised their purse in 15 + years. For example the weekly pay out for 1st place in Late Models pays $600.00. Like my Dad said back home, he wouldn't even unload the car for that much!!!! The only good thing about IMCA is they do tech. But not as good as some people think.

You have 200 + stock cars show up to Boone. And the winner only wins $250.00. What a joke!!!!!

vande07
09-09-2015, 02:39 PM
So when they auction off the motor, the team the motor comes from doesn't get the money???
I had no idea that's how they did it........that kinda sux.

Yep, horrible for the winner. Many years the 2nd place guy (who kept his motor), gets more $$$$ at the end of the week.

J20in1st
09-09-2015, 04:05 PM

Who are these really good guys not showing up?

Prestige is the win at Boone. You're forgetting the free crap they get with the win also. Might not be a ton of cash but they're getting tons of equipment. I believe if you win with a crate you get a free new onw

BadlandsBandit12
09-09-2015, 05:35 PM
Til I saw this I was thinking of going there this weekend. I guess I will either watch the world 100 on pay per view or go to the B-mod nationals at Mississippi Thunder speedway for 20 g to win.

hmm not sure at this point!

bullring
09-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Cut a smaller track at Route 66 Speedway. Acre upon acre of room and plenty of seating. Oh yeah, and fix the concession prices.

fryefan
09-09-2015, 09:55 PM

It is obviously not as bad as you let on, because they have TONS of cars (from coast to coast).

fryefan
09-09-2015, 09:57 PM
Who are these really good guys not showing up?

Prestige is the win at Boone. You're forgetting the free crap they get with the win also. Might not be a ton of cash but they're getting tons of equipment. I believe if you win with a crate you get a free new onw

I have not been there yet this year (going tomorrow if the weather is okay), but last year there were PLENTY of "big dogs" in the house.

fryefan
09-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Til I saw this I was thinking of going there this weekend. I guess I will either watch the world 100 on pay per view or go to the B-mod nationals at Mississippi Thunder speedway for 20 g to win.

Ignore scrooge. If you go, you will have a blast. Also, if you have never been there, you definitely want to go.

WisWildManFan
09-09-2015, 10:18 PM
Just add ump mods and street stocks to world finals. With payouts that would get some travelers from up here.

Barbecueboy
09-09-2015, 10:23 PM
I have not been there yet this year (going tomorrow if the weather is okay), but last year there were PLENTY of "big dogs" in the house.

Great, I'm riding with the southeast swarm again this year.......Hoffman....cook....strickler.

Bring home the bacon boys.

cgrace
09-09-2015, 10:39 PM
party at pevely

fryefan
09-09-2015, 11:30 PM

http://www.raceboone.com/2015/09/09/day-three-brings-another-car-count-record/

https://www.facebook.com/boonespeedway

fryefan
09-09-2015, 11:50 PM
Here is what is happening tomorrow (Thursday):

http://www.raceboone.com/supernationals/schedule/thursday/

vande07
09-10-2015, 09:42 AM

Never said there wasn't plenty of big dogs, but driver/owners have been figuring out even the "free stuff" isn't worth it.

It's about the prestige of winning and that's it. Since most cars are family owned, it's harder to justify (pretty bad when local cars that are winning track titles and the Karl Cup down the road 25 miles don't attend don't you think?).

ModH7
09-10-2015, 09:49 AM
Didn't Pevely try this a couple years ago with the I-55 Round Up and it rained out I think???

As for the mods at the Super Nationals it has gotten better. The winner earns $2,000 plus another $100 for each of as many as 50 IMCA sanctioned starts during that season, resulting in a potential $7,000 payday. Then if they do lose their motor, they end up getting a new motor either a crate or open.

Plus they get numerous contingencies and cash bonuses that could almost put together a turn key car from winning the event. Then if you win with a certain chassis, you get a chassis. If you win with a certain set of shocks and springs, you will get a set.

Josh Bayko
09-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Lernerville runs the Steel City Stampede every October that is pretty similar. They run UMP late models, modifieds and stocks, along with 410 sprints, DIRTcar big block modifieds, Rush crate lates and mods, 4 cylinders and an enduro. This year they're having the BOSS non-wing sprints too.

fryefan
09-12-2015, 08:27 AM
Never said there wasn't plenty of big dogs, but driver/owners have been figuring out even the "free stuff" isn't worth it.

It's about the prestige of winning and that's it. Since most cars are family owned, it's harder to justify (pretty bad when local cars that are winning track titles and the Karl Cup down the road 25 miles don't attend don't you think?).

Well they set a record for car count, so the drivers are not listening to your agenda.

http://www.raceboone.com/2015/09/11/car-count-record-reaches-876-at-super-nationals/