PDA

View Full Version : Eldora is awesome but.....

dirt crow
09-11-2015, 10:59 AM
The dust is getting bad. This is my 25th world. And I'll come for 25 more. I love the place. It's like no other. But the dust is worse than ever. Noticed it last year. Thought it was just a one time thing. Pretty bad this year. Don't get me wrong. Racing is great. Multiple grooves. It's great. But it's getting hard to see. Never was like this when Earl was in that water truck. Glad I'm under the shed. I can't imagine what the folks in turn 3 and 4 look like afterwards. ....hope I put this in a way I won't get slammed. Just being honest.

UMPDream
09-11-2015, 11:07 AM
The dust is getting bad. This is my 25th world. And I'll come for 25 more. I love the place. It's like no other. But the dust is worse than ever. Noticed it last year. Thought it was just a one time thing. Pretty bad this year. Don't get me wrong. Racing is great. Multiple grooves. It's great. But it's getting hard to see. Never was like this when Earl was in that water truck. Glad I'm under the shed. I can't imagine what the folks in turn 3 and 4 look like afterwards. ....hope I put this in a way I won't get slammed. Just being honest.

No one should have any reason to slam you. Aside from the fans in attendance, there are thousands of people who are streaming in the video as well. It was poor quality as a result from the dust.

th3Swami
09-11-2015, 11:19 AM
twice the dust, half the cars...

GEAR_HEAD
09-11-2015, 02:58 PM
It's a dirt track, who cares about dust? As long as the racing is good let the dirt rain down!

dirt crow
09-11-2015, 03:17 PM
What's wrong with seeing it clearly like it once was. Barely can make out the action in 3 from 1.

golddirt
09-11-2015, 03:24 PM
The. Usual complaining

Dizzy Joe
09-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Yea I think the new clay is great but seems to blow a fine dust instead of sandy dust like in the past.

Nasty55
09-11-2015, 04:13 PM
The. Usual complaining

So you would rather see a dust cloud rather than the races themselves is what your saying?

golddirt
09-11-2015, 04:49 PM
No I am saying it's the usual complaining

Dante Toledo, OH
09-11-2015, 04:49 PM
The good thing about Eldora is you can move. Sometimes the front stretch is the worst place to sit. Play the wind. I have sat on the front stretch before and been hit with rocks dirt and moved to turn 3 and never put my glasses on the rest of the night. Sometimes turn one is the best place. Its one of the few tracks where you can sit all around it or in the middle if you choose. A few years ago not sure the year(the year Scott James was in the Warrior house car) it was tackey, the coushin got so bad and the speeds are so high everyone was ripping the body panels and nose pieces off just from hitting the track. I think after that they keep it dryer.

dirt crow
09-11-2015, 05:03 PM
The. Usual complaining

A true statement. Complaint in it yes. But more positive words with it. You don't like it, I don't care. ....as a matter of fact, just go to he||.

plunks7
09-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Racing #1 View Post

How is the picture quality on the world 100 pay per view in past years? I plan to hook computer up to tv. So I can watch it on the big screen tv.

I will put it this way. Its 1 race to attend if you have never been there. And once you have been there, the best picture your going to see is at home. Unbelievably DUSTY from start to finish. Its well worth the money on DOD

golddirt
09-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Hahaha!!! I done got my shovel pal!

b1eagle
09-11-2015, 06:37 PM
We love Eldora but this is the second year we are watching ppv.The last time we were there we had to take the kids because the sitter let us down.The 4 yr old like Thurs and Fri night from turn 1.Sat we moved to our seats in turn 3 and when the race action started he said I hate this place and wanted to leave.My wife had watch spongebob in the car.The 13 yr old and I enjoyed the dusty race.We will be back without the kids.

Clayton_Wetter
09-11-2015, 07:57 PM
What's wrong with seeing it clearly like it once was. Barely can make out the action in 3 from 1.

Nothing wrong at all. Wonder why we can't have it like it used to be also. Not good for people to breath too much dust and rubber oxides all the time. Would be nice to be able to see and breath. And also see a tacky surface.

Dirt Racing #1
09-11-2015, 08:30 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Racing #1 View Post How is the picture quality on the world 100 pay per view in past years? I plan to hook computer up to tv. So I can watch it on the big screen tv. I will put it this way. Its 1 race to attend if you have never been there. And once you have been there, the best picture your going to see is at home. Unbelievably DUSTY from start to finish. Its well worth the money on DOD I've been to the dream and world several times. Plus I was at the million.

fryefan
09-11-2015, 11:06 PM

There were plenty of dusty nights there even when Earl ran the place.

fastford
09-12-2015, 09:58 AM
well, looks like ole dirt crow has got something to complain about instead of bashing TST.....good job Eldora.....

PennDirt
09-12-2015, 10:16 AM
Even though I'd never wish to go back to the day racing, those were my best Eldora memories. Watching Earl go from mud pit to concrete in the span of 8 hours was simply amazing. Hearing right rears screaming out loud are all but a distant memory now.

deez lug nuts
09-12-2015, 10:54 AM
It's a shame that "The World's Greatest Dirt Track" has one of "The Worst Chasing Surfaces." :(

dirt crow
09-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Looks like the majority is siding with me fastfordy. Kiss it.

Barbecueboy
09-12-2015, 12:11 PM
Just comes with the territory........I have no problem with the dust this year.............watching it from the recliner on the big screen this go round.

fastford
09-12-2015, 12:43 PM
you should know by now crow bait, I don't give a sh!t about the majority, but you and the majority know im right. oh by the way, send me a picture of your ole lady, I might take you up on the kissing thing.

dirt crow
09-12-2015, 12:59 PM
LOL! She only likes a real man. You don't qualify. ...I'm done with you, on at least this thread. So I will allow you to have the last word.

Clayton_Wetter
09-12-2015, 04:45 PM
A true statement. Complaint in it yes. But more positive words with it. You don't like it, I don't care. ....as a matter of fact, just go to he||.

http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/clapping-crowd.gif

Clayton_Wetter
09-12-2015, 04:48 PM
It's a shame that "The World's Greatest Dirt Track" has one of "The Worst Chasing Surfaces." :(

Yes sir it is.But they do it because they CAN get away with it.

PennDirt
09-12-2015, 04:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/M5aqT2l.png?1

NEVER FORGET

And I'm giving Clayton a big 'AMEN !!'

BadlandsBandit12
09-12-2015, 11:42 PM
I will take your word, I don't plan on going there now. I saw it on pay per a view and it look like a sand storm. I don't care for dust bowls and sometimes when I go to Cedar lake speedway it happens. I am only an hour and twenty mins away so I can't complain about that. If you want good racing with no dust, Knoxville is the place to be hands down!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Racing #1 View Post

How is the picture quality on the world 100 pay per view in past years? I plan to hook computer up to tv. So I can watch it on the big screen tv.

I will put it this way. Its 1 race to attend if you have never been there. And once you have been there, the best picture your going to see is at home. Unbelievably DUSTY from start to finish. Its well worth the money on DOD

RJ7171C71R
09-13-2015, 08:09 PM
I have been to every World 100 since 1996 and Ive only missed one Dream since 1996. Anyhow me and my group of about 15 sat in the middle of turn 3 and we could see fine and the racing was great . So I say moving may help but its hard to move on Saturday when there are tons of reserved seats. But Id say Turn 3 is the best place to get away from the dirt. We sit in front of the Suites in Turn 3. But it was awesome racing and I will probably go til I die and will my seats to someone lol

Pennsboro23
09-13-2015, 08:18 PM
I have been to every World 100 since 1996 and Ive only missed one Dream since 1996. Anyhow me and my group of about 15 sat in the middle of turn 3 and we could see fine and the racing was great . So I say moving may help but its hard to move on Saturday when there are tons of reserved seats. But Id say Turn 3 is the best place to get away from the dirt. We sit in front of the Suites in Turn 3. But it was awesome racing and I will probably go til I die and will my seats to someone lol

You weren't too far from me then. Dust wasn't bad at all.

Dirtlatemodel
09-13-2015, 08:54 PM
I have been to every Dream, the MILLION, & every World 100 since 1989!

I agree with dirt crow it seems to be getting worse every year!!!

ukdirt
09-13-2015, 09:06 PM
NG section seats 1,2,3 next to suites no winds and no dust.

dirt crow
09-14-2015, 08:49 AM
Wow! I believe yall but from my seats that's hard to believe. Lol. My bunch is top row, section H, under shed, between flag stand and turn 1. The cars disappeared most laps between 3 and 4. But that wind was at yalls backs so guess that helped your view. Turn 1 and 2 folks had to been covered up. ....watch the DoD video. You'll see what I mean.

dirt crow
09-14-2015, 08:54 AM
You weren't too far from me then. Dust wasn't bad at all.

Could you see turn 1 clearly?

fastford
09-14-2015, 09:08 AM
LOL! She only likes a real man. You don't qualify. ...I'm done with you, on at least this thread. So I will allow you to have the last word.

if that was true, she wouldn't be with you, cause real "MEN" don't b!tch and complain all the time, but any way, I do thank you for allowing me the last word, good day.

Bill31
09-14-2015, 11:59 AM
We have sat in front of the suites in turn three for several years now (Sec NH) and the only time we get hit with any dust is if the wind is blowing hard that way (which is vary rarely). We can see a dirt "cloud" just go past us and into the end of the turn four bleachers and nail the frontstretch people often.

Did not get any dirt or dust on me at all both shows Saturday. Could see the entire track and could see the cars real well all the way around. The Dream was actually worse fore the dust above the track this year, but could still see.

I watched the video highlights and the cars coming off turn four are hard to see on camera, and I can tell you it was no where near that from where we were sitting.

cgrace
09-14-2015, 01:12 PM
when do seats go up 4sale 4 next year

25drtrkr
09-14-2015, 01:18 PM
Boring race on a big, boring one-groove track! No complaints here, its the World 100 and I'll continue to watch the ppv, each and every year.....just sayin!

ps.....I wish they would move it to a track like East Bay!

superstock79
09-14-2015, 02:01 PM
The dust is getting bad. This is my 25th world. And I'll come for 25 more. I love the place. It's like no other. But the dust is worse than ever. Noticed it last year. Thought it was just a one time thing. Pretty bad this year. Don't get me wrong. Racing is great.
Multiple grooves. It's great. But it's getting hard to see. Never was like this when Earl was in that water truck. Glad I'm under the shed. I can't imagine what the folks in turn 3 and 4 look like afterwards. ....hope I put this in a way I won't get slammed. Just being honest.

My group sets n 3&4 every year and almost never get dusted out. This year we sat in "ng" as many others on here did and I never 1 time even put my sunglasses on my face all night. All u have to do is look at the flags. Common logic says if the flag is blowing stiff and straight towards turn 1, guess where the dust is going..

Clayton_Wetter
09-14-2015, 03:06 PM
Cut the track up 8 to 12 inches deep and water the hell out it and settle the dust issue.Car could get traction anywhere on the track and actually use their horsepower and talents, instead of winning by way of car setups.

25drtrkr
09-15-2015, 07:31 PM
I believe its an issue with track prep. The WRG guys, led by Allen Fink (I think), do an excellent job at Volusia every Speedweeks. They even come out and work the track after qualifying and heats. I was amazed to see Eldora use passenger cars and trucks to pack the track. With all that farm equipment around, surely they could find some to do a better job, and would definitely speed up the process!

vande07
09-17-2015, 12:12 PM
I believe its an issue with track prep. The WRG guys, led by Allen Fink (I think), do an excellent job at Volusia every Speedweeks. They even come out and work the track after qualifying and heats. I was amazed to see Eldora use passenger cars and trucks to pack the track. With all that farm equipment around, surely they could find some to do a better job, and would definitely speed up the process!

You do realize farm equipment is designed to not compact the ground right?

They are huge heavy machines, but they are designed with limited compaction in mind (so when they drive in the field that may be wet, they don't sink (one of the reasons why a tractor can go into a mud bog and pull out a stuck 4x4 truck without any issue (learned that one the hard way when I was younger).

Trucks and passenger cars actually compact the dirt more than a tractor ever would.

25drtrkr
09-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Yes I most definitely realize that, as I worked in the ag business for 14 years. The difference being the weight is spread more evenly with with the wide floatation ag tires. Im not an expert on track prep but the Wrg guys do an excellent job with the Terragators and roll packers they use at Volusia. Since they only do the track prep during Speedweeks, the local track prep comes nowhere close, as the equipment is brought in just for Speedweeks.

vande07
09-17-2015, 01:55 PM
Yes I most definitely realize that, as I worked in the ag business for 14 years. The difference being the weight is spread more evenly with with the wide floatation ag tires. Im not an expert on track prep but the Wrg guys do an excellent job with the Terragators and roll packers they use at Volusia. Since they only do the track prep during Speedweeks, the local track prep comes nowhere close, as the equipment is brought in just for Speedweeks.

my guess would be that they can't keep them on the banking (most tractors and terragators seem like they might be a little top heavy to be running in the high side at Eldora to me).

I remember in the 1980's they used them during the Knoxville Nationals a few times when we had a monsoon all week. Actually made the track rough for the racing and the pack trucks could make 4 laps in the same amount of time the terragator could make 1 lap (even in the slop) and actually did more harm than good when all was said and done (they got the top layer of dirt nice and smooth, but the cars would tear that up right away and it would get rutty and rough).

I'd think that Roger and his staff have looked at everything and they do what works best for their track (everyone's dirt is different), having been to Volusia, I'm not sure I'd call it dirt, it seemed like it was mostly sand to me.

25drtrkr
09-17-2015, 02:01 PM
my guess would be that they can't keep them on the banking (most tractors and terragators seem like they might be a little top heavy to be running in the high side at Eldora to me).

I remember in the 1980's they used them during the Knoxville Nationals a few times when we had a monsoon all week. Actually made the track rough for the racing and the pack trucks could make 4 laps in the same amount of time the terragator could make 1 lap (even in the slop) and actually did more harm than good when all was said and done (they got the top layer of dirt nice and smooth, but the cars would tear that up right away and it would get rutty and rough).

I'd think that Roger and his staff have looked at everything and they do what works best for their track (everyone's dirt is different), having been to Volusia, I'm not sure I'd call it dirt, it seemed like it was mostly sand to me.

Whens the last time you went to Volusia. They have had a brown gumbo for the last several years. I haven't been to Eldora but I bet the banking isn't that much different. The supers qualify in the 15's during Speedweek.

Barbecueboy
09-17-2015, 07:16 PM
Whens the last time you went to Volusia. They have had a brown gumbo for the last several years. I haven't been to Eldora but I bet the banking isn't that much different. The supers qualify in the 15's during Speedweek.

Spot on about the volusia track prep during speed weeks............they get it right just about every single time.

Snowmanracr21
09-17-2015, 08:24 PM
Ive been going to Eldora since 1989 and the World 100 since 1996 and there were plenty of very dusty nights in Earls days too....especially when the World of Outlaws were there.......Eldora will never be a hammer down tacky race track again....this is the way the track and the drivers prefer it, tacky hammer down is hard on equipment

hausman
09-17-2015, 08:44 PM
I wear goggles and enjoy the races

plunks7
09-17-2015, 10:52 PM
I wear goggles and enjoy the races

I had to wear them at my house it was so dusty. LOL Just making a little fummy.

dirt crow
09-18-2015, 06:59 AM
I will definitely come over to turn 3 and view the action on Thursday night next year. See if the view is clear if the sandblast type dusty haze happens. I also been to going to Eldora since 89. Always been a clear view from my front stretch seat until these last 2 years, not counting the fog world. Racing great. Just wanna see it clearly again. But no matter what, I'll be there. Ain't missing the world. Period.

lmfan71
09-18-2015, 07:40 AM
I sit in turn three and four, can see clearly and the dust is never a problem. It is a dirt track, even the day race was dusty but there was not a problem seeing. If you don't like the dust and dirt, maybe sit in one of the fancy suites.

dirt crow
09-19-2015, 02:01 PM
I sit in turn three and four, can see clearly and the dust is never a problem. It is a dirt track, even the day race was dusty but there was not a problem seeing. If you don't like the dust and dirt, maybe sit in one of the fancy suites.

ok. I know there is dust. Always going to be dust. Been dust at Eldora every year I've ever been. 26 years. And all tracks have dust. Always will. I'm saying the last two years it's become too thick. Maybe that sounds better. I've always been able to see clearly from under the front shed except last two years. It's a new problem that needs to be corrected. The dirtondirt video perfectly shows what I'm talking about. Don't need fancy suites. Lol. Just want my vision back, as does our whole upper section.

Clayton_Wetter
09-20-2015, 03:09 PM
Ive been going to Eldora since 1989 and the World 100 since 1996 and there were plenty of very dusty nights in Earls days too....especially when the World of Outlaws were there.......Eldora will never be a hammer down tacky race track again....this is the way the track and the drivers prefer it, tacky hammer down is hard on equipment

If enough fans would organize and say "ENOUGH" and start demanding a good racing surface then this dirtsphalt crap could be stopped. Sure many big series drivers and owners would like to skate around on a glass smooth surface and have little stress put on their suspensions and drive trains, but the truth is that the racing suffers badly.To top it off, the cars with the best setups will win and the potential of many to actually use the racing surface for traction is taken away.

But they will ignore those facts and tell you how good the track was every time.

Clayton_Wetter
09-20-2015, 03:41 PM
I had a dustburger with extra SNEEZE last night!!!