PDA

View Full Version : New Track Record at The Big E

Slideways
09-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Chris Ferguson gets it done at Eldora!!

25drtrkr
09-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Chris Ferguson get's it done at Eldora!!

And now he's gotta run a B-main......One major reason why I hate inverts for heat races. There so critical at these Crown Jewels.

Im ok with 6 or 8 inverts for features. Theres enough laps to get back to the front.

GEAR_HEAD
09-12-2015, 02:49 PM
And now he's gotta run a B-main......One major reason why I hate inverts for heat races. There so critical at these Crown Jewels.

Im ok with 6 or 8 inverts for features. Theres enough laps to get back to the front.

All he had to do was gain 1 position to make the feature. It's his fault he has to run a consi, not the format's. Chub restarted at the back of the field in his heat and he still transferred.

25drtrkr
09-12-2015, 02:58 PM
All he had to do was gain 1 position to make the feature. It's his fault he has to run a consi, not the format's. Chub restarted at the back of the field in his heat and he still transferred.

His fault???....for being fastest qualifier??.....You gotta look at the quality of drivers in each heat race. Chris had much better quality cars than Chub.

Nasty55
09-12-2015, 03:19 PM
His fault???....for being fastest qualifier??.....You gotta look at the quality of drivers in each heat race. Chris had much better quality cars than Chub.

I personally think that the inverts suck...

Barbecueboy
09-12-2015, 04:32 PM

Roger that nasty......might as well line em up by pretty car color.........They're stupid(the inverts).

Congrats to fergy for being fastest on the track again.........

Nasty55
09-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Roger that nasty......might as well line em up by pretty car color.........They're stupid(the inverts).

Congrats to fergy for being fastest on the track again.........

Fergy definately laid down a fast lap thats for d@mn sure...... And as for them pretty colors thats about right as well buddy because its just a crap shoot either way with the inverts..

Clayton_Wetter
09-12-2015, 04:40 PM

The inverts do suck. Why qualify at all if you are going to penalize the fastest. Then they wind up driving on a slick track and not even make the feature in their heats!!!

One can try to sandbag but if you don't make the fastest 36 cars, preferably 13th or more) then it can backfire on you very easily. I've seen drivers run a good lap and let off near the finish line on purpose.

gorj
09-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Chris flat out ran a great track record lap. He is rewarded with a provisional starting, 20th in the World 100 if he doesn't transfer through the heats or B mains. Josh Richards will claim provisional starting spot 19 if he doesn't transfer through the heats / B main.

Clayton_Wetter
09-12-2015, 05:16 PM
A big hand to Chris Ferguson on now holding the Eldora track record. At least that can't be inverted away from him!

SnakeX3
09-12-2015, 05:20 PM
I hate the inverts. I really don't understand the logic behind having them. I'm glad they give provisional starting spots to the fast qualifiers at the World, especially since Fergy is guaranteed to make the big show and Richards is already heading home.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-12-2015, 06:10 PM
Congrats to ferguson on track record.
Longhorn in victory lane tonight!

Nasty55
09-12-2015, 06:32 PM
A big hand to Chris Ferguson on now holding the Eldora track record. At least that can't be inverted away from him!

That's a fact Clayton.. That young man will forever be in the record books at Eldora for his record lap! Hey Eldora invert this ,,!,,

GEAR_HEAD
09-12-2015, 07:46 PM

Being fastest on a track all by yourself proves nothing. The sport is called racing, so prove that you are the best racer by passing somebody. The only people that don't like inverts are the people from the south that are used to crappy formats and freight train racing.

drano
09-12-2015, 08:08 PM
Being fastest on a track all by yourself proves nothing. The sport is called racing, so prove that you are the best racer by passing somebody. The only people that don't like inverts are the people from the south that are used to crappy formats and freight train racing.

If being fast on the track by yourself proves nothing then why do it.

dirtdobber45
09-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Congrats to Chris Ill echo the same inverts suck

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-12-2015, 08:57 PM
It sucks the track was used up before some of the fastest guys in practice had a chance to break the record.

GEAR_HEAD
09-12-2015, 09:27 PM
If being fast on the track by yourself proves nothing then why do it.

Exactly, just pull pills and run the heats. Running one fast lap the entire weekend DOES NOT entitle a driver to a starting spot in the feature, especially when they are unable to pass anybody in the prelims. Congrats to Fergy on the NTR, but he wasn't good enough to earn his way in. It wasn't the fomat's fault. He got a provisional anyway.

IceCowart
09-12-2015, 10:23 PM
Man them Longhorns are fast!

25drtrkr
09-12-2015, 10:52 PM

You don't think the good drivers are trying to manipulate the invert process. If you don't, you haven't raced much!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-12-2015, 11:15 PM
To bad ferguson broke
Would have liked to see how he would have finished!

Clayton_Wetter
09-13-2015, 04:49 PM

So how does that even apply to the cars that were inverted to the front? You tell us all cars need to pass, so what about them?

IceCowart
09-13-2015, 10:50 PM

Amazing how 2 drivers from the south going to win both touring championships.

Clayton_Wetter
09-14-2015, 02:17 PM
It sucks the track was used up before some of the fastest guys in practice had a chance to break the record.

It must have went quick. I've seen that happen too often.

Highside Hustler25
09-14-2015, 05:42 PM
Amazing how 2 drivers from the south going to win both touring championships.

I wouldn't bet on it quite yet.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-14-2015, 06:16 PM
Amazing how 2 drivers from the south going to win both touring championships.We aren't talking about wether a driver is good or not. Has nothing to do with the retarded NS crap. It's the sh!tty format most places use down there. For example, SAS and Ray Cooks Series.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-14-2015, 06:18 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the invert was 5, big deal. Drive the dam car. Jon Henry did the same stuff with the old format.