PDA

View Full Version : World 100 post race tire samples

deez lug nuts
09-12-2015, 11:59 PM
Who all got their tires sampled for lab testing after the 100 lapper???? :confused:

gorj
09-13-2015, 07:08 AM
Does LOLMDS and WoO take tire samples every weekend?

deez lug nuts
09-13-2015, 11:20 PM
Well, did any tires get sampled or not???? :confused:

deez lug nuts
09-14-2015, 12:05 AM
Does LOLMDS and WoO take tire samples every weekend?

I'd like to know the answer to that too. Seems that tire cheating has started to almost become okay due to some of the chemicals being undetectable during lab tire testing.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-14-2015, 07:42 AM
Jd is running a chemical called "MASHING GAS".
It seems to be working fairly good

25drtrkr
09-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Jd's tires wont pass tech. That is if they're checked properly. Anyone with any dlm experience, knows the top guys are treating their tires!

Clayton_Wetter
09-14-2015, 02:07 PM
Jd is running a chemical called "MASHING GAS".
It seems to be working fairly good

And you are spewing a chemical called "PASSING GAS" out your pie hole again!

Clayton_Wetter
09-14-2015, 02:09 PM
Jd's tires wont pass tech. That is if they're checked properly. Anyone with any dlm experience, knows the top guys are treating their tires!

Good chance you are right, but nobody is getting their hands slapped by Lucas this year concerning tires.

25drtrkr
09-14-2015, 02:12 PM
Good chance you are right, but nobody is getting their hands slapped by Lucas this year concerning tires.

LOL.....not UMP either, esp with SCALEgate still lingering on!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-14-2015, 02:22 PM
CW sorry your pantys are all in a wad from jd stompn ur boys a$$. But he said he was comn back for redemtion.

So pucker up cuz its only the beginning

nuff said
09-14-2015, 02:28 PM
The only tech they have to pass is the sanctioning body of the race they won.If they passed that,how can you say the won't pass tech ?Virtually everybody does something to their tires,whether it's goat piss,monkey snot or something NASA developed for the moonmobile doesn't matter as long as it passes the test.

Clayton_Wetter
09-14-2015, 02:55 PM
CW sorry your pantys are all in a wad from jd stompn ur boys a$$. But he said he was comn back for redemtion.

So pucker up cuz its only the beginning

I'm not upset with who won the race. It's not about taking sides and playing "my guy is the greatest and your guy uses FUNNY tires, throws screwdrivers to win and all of that utter nonsense. You are not being a grown man, you are playing childs games on here. And it is the nonsense that is straining my panties!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-14-2015, 03:35 PM
I'm not upset with who won the race. It's not about taking sides and playing "my guy is the greatest and your guy uses FUNNY tires, throws screwdrivers to win and all of that utter nonsense. You are not being a grown man, you are playing childs games on here. And it is the nonsense that is straining my panties!!

I never said jd was the best. He just one of the best!

JTB75
09-14-2015, 03:42 PM
I don't think the tire Doctoring goes on as much as everyone thinks, I think it's talked about by the fans looking for a excuse as to why there idols flat got out ran. also the amount of time and effort that goes into prepping tires is not worth the hassle for the little performance gain, and with all the other compound options in late models. I'm pretty sure that tire doctoring really only helps the USMTS mod series because they all run the same tire that is hard as a brick and glazes over after the first 10 laps. There's a lot better options and a lot less work for late models to cheat, using a tire rotisserie stinks and labor intensive

plunks7
09-14-2015, 03:45 PM

Not yet!!! Just having a stellar year. He will have to prove himself, to be on the list of best driver. With multiple years. JMHO I will list him as Good.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-14-2015, 03:59 PM
Not yet!!! Just having a stellar year. He will have to prove himself, to be on the list of best driver. With multiple years. JMHO I will list him as Good.

I understand your opinion plunks

zyoung25
09-14-2015, 05:24 PM
I don't think the tire Doctoring goes on as much as everyone thinks, I think it's talked about by the fans looking for a excuse as to why there idols flat got out ran. also the amount of time and effort that goes into prepping tires is not worth the hassle for the little performance gain, and with all the other compound options in late models. I'm pretty sure that tire doctoring really only helps the USMTS mod series because they all run the same tire that is hard as a brick and glazes over after the first 10 laps. There's a lot better options and a lot less work for late models to cheat, using a tire rotisserie stinks and labor intensive

Finally someone who gets it.....

RoundNrOUND
09-14-2015, 08:33 PM
Gets it? Gets what? You're both dead wrong if you think there isn't huge and worthy advantages in the chemical aspect. It's not all there is by any means but it's worth doing.

25drtrkr
09-14-2015, 08:38 PM
Gets it? Gets what? You're both dead wrong if you think there isn't huge and worthy advantages in the chemical aspect. It's not all there is by any means but it's worth doing.

You def get it. Remember this, most posters on here are keyboard racers. They wouldn't know where to begin treating tires.

As to having all these compounds, they only had 2 at the World: LM20,40....which makes it all the worthwhile to treat them. Treating tires correctly improves traction and reduces wear when done correctly.

dirtdobber45
09-14-2015, 08:55 PM
Like I said in another thread Rumley has engineered a new and improved formula thats why they were one of the last to get there they had to doctor enuf up for the wkend lol like I asked once before how does a regional driver become a superstar(in sum eyes) overnite?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-14-2015, 09:00 PM
Like I said in another thread Rumley has engineered a new and improved formula thats why they were one of the last to get there they had to doctor enuf up for the wkend lol like I asked once before how does a regional driver become a superstar(in sum eyes) overnite?

Keep fooln your self on why they were late getting there

I know for a fact why they were late and it wasnt what you described thats for sure.

Josh Bayko
09-14-2015, 09:22 PM
I just think tire doping should be made legal. Do whatever the he*l you want to the tires as long as they pass a durometer test. It takes all the guesswork and innuendo out of the sport. It would also help the small budget teams way more than it would help the big budget teams.

But it never will be legal. It ain't about the carcinogens or any of that stuff. It's about the tire companies whining that they won't sell nearly as many tires.

Barbecueboy
09-14-2015, 09:36 PM
I just think tire doping should be made legal. Do whatever the he*l you want to the tires as long as they pass a durometer test. It takes all the guesswork and innuendo out of the sport. It would also help the small budget teams way more than it would help the big budget teams.

But it never will be legal. It ain't about the carcinogens or any of that stuff. It's about the tire companies whining that they won't sell nearly as many tires.
This is like the " holy grail" of straight up factual , no bullsit post on the subject of tires!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicely done and very keen observation....... Million percent agree.

25drtrkr
09-14-2015, 09:37 PM

Good post Josh!.......Theres something wrong if you're allowed to spend: $45,000 for a complete roller, $50,000 plus for an engine, $7500 for shocks....but....you CAN"T spend $200 for a gallon of prep to improve the total traction capabilities of your racecar. Yet, it improves the racing and reduces tire costs for the local racers!.....SMH

Barbecueboy
09-14-2015, 09:39 PM

Exactly the same way a no name regional guy comes from Bakersfield California to his first ever world in the 80s and wins it and immediately puts everybody else on notice.

When you ask the question of how, do you mean like that?????

Clayton_Wetter
09-14-2015, 09:41 PM

And Bloomquist is just the FUNNY tire guy. I see.

HoosierDirtFan
09-14-2015, 11:38 PM

I know for a fact why they were late and it wasnt what you described thats for sure.

The Rumley Team had Hauler problem on the way there. I asked my self and it was stated over the ELDORA PA system on Thursday evening during Qualifying.

zyoung25
09-15-2015, 12:23 AM
The reason they probably don't allow the stuff on the tires.....health hazards. Some of that stuff will eat the skin right off of ya.

dirty bert
09-15-2015, 01:54 AM
Josh is right, all about money for the tire company's

RoundNrOUND
09-15-2015, 09:31 AM
zyoung they aren't using something mixed up in a garage from Sherman Williams anymore.

Josh Bayko
09-15-2015, 10:17 AM
The reason they probably don't allow the stuff on the tires.....health hazards. Some of that stuff will eat the skin right off of ya.

While it's true there are nasty preps out there (but they're not as rampant as you'd think), it really isn't about that. It's not legal because one of the primary uses for tire juices is extending the life of a tire. Hoosier and American Racer would take an extreme beating on tire sales, so they lobby really hard to keep the juice illegal.

Barbecueboy
09-15-2015, 10:29 AM
While it's true there are nasty preps out there (but they're not as rampant as you'd think), it really isn't about that. It's not legal because one of the primary uses for tire juices is extending the life of a tire. Hoosier and American Racer would take an extreme beating on tire sales, so they lobby really hard to keep the juice illegal.

Instead of making there tires better!!!
Smfh

Josh Bayko
09-15-2015, 10:32 AM
Instead of making there tires better!!!
Smfh

To be fair, though, tire companies aren't in business to save racers money, they're in business to make money. If you were trying to sell tires, you'd want to sell as many as possible too.

Barbecueboy
09-15-2015, 10:41 AM
To be fair, though, tire companies aren't in business to save racers money, they're in business to make money. If you were trying to sell tires, you'd want to sell as many as possible too.

True, but if one of them made a better tire any team using the other tire would immediately jump ship........creating much stronger sales for the company that was innovative.

I just think it's a crappy proposition to design and sell things that you know are going to need replacing sooner than they should.

They have the technology to make about any compound and wall design imaginable......in most cases a free competitive market drives good competition between its competitors.

What you describe sounds more like collusion than it does competition......

Your 100 percent right on the tire lobby though, all profit driven.

Josh Bayko
09-15-2015, 10:53 AM
True, but if one of them made a better tire any team using the other tire would immediately jump ship........creating much stronger sales for the company that was innovative.

I just think it's a crappy proposition to design and sell things that you know are going to need replacing sooner than they should.

They have the technology to make about any compound and wall design imaginable......in most cases a free competitive market drives good competition between its competitors.

What you describe sounds more like collusion than it does competition......

Your 100 percent right on the tire lobby though, all profit driven.

I don't think either company making a "better" tire than the other would gain much headway. They're so far into the sanctions, tracks and even drivers' pocket's they all have found a way to make money off of each other.

vande07
09-15-2015, 11:25 AM
The Rumley Team had Hauler problem on the way there. I asked my self and it was stated over the ELDORA PA system on Thursday evening during Qualifying.

Funny, that isn't what JD said on Slinging Dirt on MRN this morning....

But, he did say they ran late because they were re-tooling an engine for the weekend, everyone took turns driving from the shop to Eldora and they were still almost too late.

Highside Hustler25
09-15-2015, 12:28 PM

I thought I heard they were putting in a new powerplant. Yes,no?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-15-2015, 12:54 PM
I thought I heard they were putting in a new powerplant. Yes,no?

Yes they were finishing up just before they left.

25drtrkr
09-15-2015, 05:57 PM
[QUOTE=Highside Hustler25;1955961]I thought I heard they were waiting on 8 tires to get done on the rotisserie!

Yep....that would be correct, hh25!

Barbecueboy
09-15-2015, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE=Highside Hustler25;1955961]I thought I heard they were waiting on 8 tires to get done on the rotisserie!

I was parked with a team one year that got called to the front stretch after a sanctioned heat race and they put the sniffer on him in front of the whole crowd, at his home track basically.

He failed the test and was a pretty embarrassing situation for him and the crew.

It was a motor they were buttoning up 25drt, no kidding.........

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-15-2015, 06:25 PM

Nice try w your fake post.

Clayton_Wetter
09-15-2015, 07:01 PM
The post actually appears here on 4M so it must be a real one!! :)

Highside Hustler25
09-15-2015, 07:11 PM
The post actually appears here on 4M so it must be a real one!! :)

yep, kids will be kids.

25drtrkr
09-15-2015, 07:23 PM
yep, kids will be kids.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I think Blackford is rubbing off on me! LOL

swartzman
09-15-2015, 07:32 PM
Still the cheapest tire prep I have ever seen that seemed to actually work was the year that Boggs won the Lucas race at Portsmouth. The tire sample went to several different labs before they would pay him. All that they could find was his German Sheppard's pi$$ on one of them.. So I guess everyone needs to just water the dog really well and roll the car close enough and let nature do its thing.. Lol

25drtrkr
09-15-2015, 07:36 PM
Still the cheapest tire prep I have ever seen that seemed to actually work was the year that Boggs won the Lucas race at Portsmouth. The tire sample went to several different labs before they would pay him. All that they could find was his German Sheppard's pi$$ on one of them.. So I guess everyone needs to just water the dog really well and roll the car close enough and let nature do its thing.. Lol

haha.....For years, the best prep for a wet track was Goat Piss! I guess the labs cant pickup that "all natural" prep! LOL

dirtdobber45
09-15-2015, 07:56 PM
Jus because they said they had hauler problems dnt mean they did theres a quote from JD that they were workn on the car and got a late start never did he say a thing about hauler problems. so whos telln the truth.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-15-2015, 07:59 PM
Jus because they said they had hauler problems dnt mean they did theres a quote from JD that they were workn on the car and got a late start never did he say a thing about hauler problems. so whos telln the truth.

Jd is! Finished up new motor that he only drove to 80% during race!

Barbecueboy
09-15-2015, 08:20 PM
The answer is for a slick promoter of dirt track racing to find a way to run a series of good or decent money races on "anything goes " tires and see who comes.

Are you hearing me bloomer????? Vic hill races and has the Nationals, Scott races and could have something very similar only more true outlaw/dodge city style with wide open , run what ya brung everything.

Do it Scott!!! Just do it!!! Everyone will pay money to see it , and you'll be great at promoting it.

Signed, a fan

And any of you that say you won't pay to see it ,your lying and should move on to the knitting thread.

zyoung25
09-15-2015, 08:30 PM
haha.....For years, the best prep for a wet track was Goat Piss! I guess the labs cant pickup that "all natural" prep! LOL

The stuff I have that's called goat pizz....you don't want that stuff ya. Its no where near healthy....I don't have any idea of what's in it, all I know is it straight stinks.

Barbecueboy
09-15-2015, 08:34 PM
Jd is! Finished up new motor that he only drove to 80% during race!

Oh lord, the last time it was mentioned that they were feathering the car to a certain percentage of performance level the whole group of 4m playground marbel experts went off the deep end.

What a cool way for Leroy to validate how great his pieces have been the whole time....and to do it on a national stage with his son at his side is borderline Hollywood kinda stuff!! The power he builds is just nasty.

Cool story in a really cool year of Dlm racing loaded with story lines.

25drtrkr
09-15-2015, 08:36 PM
The stuff I have that's called goat pizz....you don't want that stuff ya. Its no where near healthy....I don't have any idea of what's in it, all I know is it straight stinks.

Yeah I know, I was just jk. we won a 15k Havatampa race with that stuff when it first came out. A very well known chassis builder laughed at us for using it, but he didn't laugh after we got the check.....btw, it was completely legal back then.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-15-2015, 08:49 PM
The answer is for a slick promoter of dirt track racing to find a way to run a series of good or decent money races on "anything goes " tires and see who comes.

Are you hearing me bloomer????? Vic hill races and has the Nationals, Scott races and could have something very similar only more true outlaw/dodge city style with wide open , run what ya brung everything.

Do it Scott!!! Just do it!!! Everyone will pay money to see it , and you'll be great at promoting it.

Signed, a fan

And any of you that say you won't pay to see it ,your lying and should move on to the knitting thread.

Yes I would love to see a run wat ya brung show. They used to do that w the mods up to ny's fulton speedway and I used to love them.

CGF
09-15-2015, 08:59 PM
It was stated by Roger some time back that 10 g went toward tire testing at this event. It would take a fool to dope tires at this big of a race. The few times I have spoken to Roger he has shown more integrity than anyone I know. He quit a job at Charlotte Motor Speedway as director of events $$$ after Wheeler got shat on . He had a race 100 lap at the dirt track at Charlotte. Rules were run 50 and have a fuel stop .You could do anything to your car but change tires or go to the rear. ANYTHING... So Bloomer starts like 16th ''not sure on position '' you got an additional grand from the position started ..Zero blast to like 3rd place ...the crew comes out and starts bolting on lead ,,drivers go ape shat . He stood by his rules because he was out smarted .. zero won the race ....

dirtdobber45
09-15-2015, 09:06 PM
he used 80% of that Rumley 'formula'. lol. what ever will he do. lol

swartzman
09-15-2015, 10:09 PM
Slick track and 80% throttle I can see that.

RoundNrOUND
09-15-2015, 11:00 PM
What is known as "Goat Pee" is ethyl benzene, it's a bi-product. It's very bad stuff and is used in karting and very very rarely in the late model world.

zyoung25
09-16-2015, 04:42 AM
What is known as "Goat Pee" is ethyl benzene, it's a bi-product. It's very bad stuff and is used in karting and very very rarely in the late model world.

I wasn't saying that stuff is used, I used it on my kart stuff a few times, it junked the tires quicker than anything else I had ever used. I used stuff called track tac. There were 3 or 4 different kinds, all were different colors and different smells. I used the grape stuff more, seemed to work better than any of the others that brand produced. The salesman said it wasn't harmful, I never took any chances with the stuff cuz I didn't know.

What is it they use then now days?

Nasty55
09-16-2015, 05:04 AM
What is it they use then now days?

Donkey piss mixed with a little bit of monkey dunk...... :)

Barbecueboy
09-16-2015, 07:44 AM
I think it's actually human tears from all the crying and whining.............they pick up all the moist hankees from all of the loyalists pit areas after a race. Wipe down a couple fresh sets of tires with them and head off to the next race.

RoundNrOUND
09-16-2015, 10:28 AM
They are using high end preps that cost upwards of $200 per gallon. As far as I know there are only a couple guys out there that are even capable or spend the time at making these types of products.

Barbecueboy
09-16-2015, 04:46 PM
They are using high end preps that cost upwards of $200 per gallon. As far as I know there are only a couple guys out there that are even capable or spend the time at making these types of products.

Making deliberate false , unproven and slanderous statements about someone's business is a good way to get some litigation going........just sayin.

Hope you stand by your statement and can prove it if and when the time comes.

even though your wrong , it's ok to think what your thinking.......everybody has an opinion.

25drtrkr
09-16-2015, 05:30 PM
Making deliberate false , unproven and slanderous statements about someone's business is a good way to get some litigation going........just sayin.

Hope you stand by your statement and can prove it if and when the time comes.

even though your wrong , it's ok to think what your thinking.......everybody has an opinion.

RnR is mostly correct. He's off only on the "couple" comment. Theres a bunch that makem, some for profit, some for themselves. All it takes, is a GOOD lab test, that is rather expensive, ans some basic measuring skills. Its kinda like good bbq sauce: a lot of different products that produces a synergistic action!

Barbecueboy
09-16-2015, 06:04 PM
RnR is mostly correct. He's off only on the "couple" comment. Theres a bunch that makem, some for profit, some for themselves. All it takes, is a GOOD lab test, that is rather expensive, ans some basic measuring skills. Its kinda like good bbq sauce: a lot of different products that produces a synergistic action!

I know he is right about the " only a few are making it" , what I hope he is right about for his sake is the pointed accusation of someone using it.

It's ok to think it, it's ok to talk about it privately, it's even ok to insinuate..........but when you outright say and accuse that someone is using illegal substance or means for business or profit gain you are on a very slippery slope...........and to put it in print is just ludicrous.

Now, they fail a test, get caught or it is proven that they are using tire dope, then have at it..............until then, be very careful.

Some people have field days with that sort of stuff, longhorn group doesn't appear to be the litigious type , but when pushed into a corner and your integrity is publicly defamed, who knows????

RoundNrOUND
09-16-2015, 06:25 PM
I didn't say anyone in particular was using anything. What I'm saying is the ones who are and getting by with it for now are using a product like I'm referring to.

As far as the "couple" of manufactures that are making such products isn't false at all. Most who sell it are getting something private labeled through the same manufacturing company. There are a couple who are making something different but those guys have a tight grasp on who they are selling to or not selling the prep itself at all, only the service.

25drtrkr
09-16-2015, 07:32 PM
I didn't say anyone in particular was using anything. What I'm saying is the ones who are and getting by with it for now are using a product like I'm referring to.

As far as the "couple" of manufactures that are making such products isn't false at all. Most who sell it are getting something private labeled through the same manufacturing company. There are a couple who are making something different but those guys have a tight grasp on who they are selling to or not selling the prep itself at all, only the service.

My supplier has been making the stuff for many years. Yes, he does alter the recipe from time to time. There is also many different blends depending on your tire and track condition. He is pretty bold, literally guaranteeing you wont get caught. I know some of my tires and many others have passed many lab tests.

Some might ask why I don't make them. I have sent samples off to a lab and have the recipe, but the markup is not that great esp when there is many components per recipe.

Barbecueboy
09-17-2015, 07:38 AM
Nobody disputing it's out there...........que the Josh Bayko post about just letting then run whatever and take the inuindo completely out of the mix.

That or make the tours drivers buy the tires at the event..........the 2 simplest ideas IMO.