PDA

View Full Version : The World 100

chupp n bloomer fan
09-13-2015, 09:03 AM
Was going to post in Hoosier Dirts thread, but wanted to touch on more than just JD's great drive.

I figured JD would be in the hunt, but overdrive it and trash it before he got up there. He didn't, and he drove a great race. Showed patience with lappers, and passing people. When he slid Moyer, who was in the dang way, much congrats. Moyer is the first one to b!tch about lappers and there he was holding up second and third at the time.

Landers ran a good 50 lapper. Bobby, heck of a job getting second, and drove a great race. Also a good interview. Bloomer, did well, but just wasn't the fastest. And his interview was mediocre.

The way they did it sucked, no time to walk through the pits and get shirts too, but they made the most of it. And track was pretty good. Though the dust outta 4 was the worst it has ever been. To where the majority of the time you couldn't see them coming outta 4. Which I never remember it being that bad. But props to Tony and staff, new infield deal looks beautiful, and they always bust their butts.

Watched them haul out some kid some dum dums let get drunk in the stands, maybe 15-16.

And whoever was driving Josh Richards hauler is a dumb motherfuker. Period. He about owed me a new truck and more.

Again, serious congrats to JD. I haven't been one to congratulate him, but I haven't said all that sh!t talkin Bloomer/JD crap most have either. Simply because I think most of the credit goes to Kevin and Lee Roy. They have given him an excellent piece that doesn't blow up or break. And he drives balls out too often and screws up. But last night, they built him an excellent piece, and he drove an excellent race. Because, just like those who dislike Bloomer, but watch his every move. I knew JD and 18th meant nothing. He did a great interview, and it was a good race behind him. He just nailed it last night, enough that I'll tell him so next race I see him. Not that he cares, but I don't do that for any driver. But he impressed me last night by just maturing so much and driving a great race.

I'm anxious to see what happens with him next year, I really am.

Highside Hustler25
09-13-2015, 09:20 AM
Casey Roberts drives the Shinston W.V. hauler nowadays. Serving his sentence from earlier in the year. You should have climbed up on the cab, reached thru the window and sucker punched him.:D

chupp n bloomer fan
09-13-2015, 09:29 AM
Casey Roberts drives the Shinston W.V. hauler nowadays. Serving his sentence from earlier in the year. You should have climbed up on the cab, reached thru the window and sucker punched him.:DLol. No sh!t.;)

On 70 in the construction zone, dudes trying to run 70 mile an hour. Which I don't care, run 80. But it's temporary pavement, not smooth, and narrow. So instead of slowing down to be able to maintain your lane, he just drives in a foot plus of the left lane. Before me he tried to clear a Transit type van off the road. Must have still been butt hurt, but dumba$$, it has the red number one on the back of it.

JK4745
09-13-2015, 10:54 AM
Great post Chupp. I agree with all of what you said but will add a few things. It was great to see Chub Frank back at Eldora being racey and putting it in the feature. Also the race between Pierce, Bloomquist, Landers the last few laps was spectacular. Steve Francis had a good top 5 run and its good to see him back towards the front. It was nice to see Madden back racing this weekend. Tough week for the Rices, they had 2 cars destroyed this past week. Hate to see things like that especially to such nice people. Great runs for Doug Drown and Jon Henry in the Friday portion of the program. Probably would have been good top 5 finishes for both if not for pretty hard contact with the wall ( Jon got run over by O'Neal while running 2nd and Doug jumped cushion). It was also great to see all the racers who made it to Eldora for the first time. I love the World 100 but sadly it means the racing season is coming to a close.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-13-2015, 12:19 PM
Great post Chupp. I agree with all of what you said but will add a few things. It was great to see Chub Frank back at Eldora being racey and putting it in the feature. Also the race between Pierce, Bloomquist, Landers the last few laps was spectacular. Steve Francis had a good top 5 run and its good to see him back towards the front. It was nice to see Madden back racing this weekend. Tough week for the Rices, they had 2 cars destroyed this past week. Hate to see things like that especially to such nice people. Great runs for Doug Drown and Jon Henry in the Friday portion of the program. Probably would have been good top 5 finishes for both if not for pretty hard contact with the wall ( Jon got run over by O'Neal while running 2nd and Doug jumped cushion). It was also great to see all the racers who made it to Eldora for the first time. I love the World 100 but sadly it means the racing season is coming to a close.Yep, and thanks.

And Doug had a new motor in the car which I'm pretty sure they toasted.

mud duck
09-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Nice post CandB!! As for the big blue hauler, Mark probably was driving last night and Josh in the passenger seat!! Mark using the hauler to show Josh how to drive!! I bet that was the fastest trip ever back to Shinnston! I did miss the feature where Josh rolled, what exactly happened there?

chupp n bloomer fan
09-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Nice post CandB!! As for the big blue hauler, Mark probably was driving last night and Josh in the passenger seat!! Mark using the hauler to show Josh how to drive!! I bet that was the fastest trip ever back to Shinnston! I did miss the feature where Josh rolled, what exactly happened there?Thanks, no idea what happened. Shame because he is starting to run better. And whoever was driving Big Blue needs to not drive again. Going to cost Mark a lot of money.

Andrews42FAN
09-13-2015, 04:49 PM
Wreck it's Rocket nose folded under the front right as he went into 1..... Plowed the wall and rolled over. Was nice to see the Big Blue doors closed up and done for the night.

Clayton_Wetter
09-13-2015, 05:19 PM
Wreck it's Rocket nose folded under the front right as he went into 1..... Plowed the wall and rolled over. Was nice to see the Big Blue doors closed up and done for the night.

Thank you sir. I just got my big laugh of the day!!!:)

mud duck
09-13-2015, 06:58 PM
Thanks Andrew. When they rolled car back over it didn't look to bad from DOD pictures. With Josh having fast time Thursday, I would have thought they'd piece it together and get out there in the feature. Must have hurt right front pretty bad.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-13-2015, 07:18 PM
Thanks Andrew. When they rolled car back over it didn't look to bad from DOD pictures. With Josh having fast time Thursday, I would have thought they'd piece it together and get out there in the feature. Must have hurt right front pretty bad.
Fastest time Thursday meant nothing. It was slower than the two fastest on Sat

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-13-2015, 09:56 PM
Really thought bloomer was going to run away with it and jd would wear his tires out. Glad to see him spank all them!

mud duck
09-14-2015, 12:45 AM
Oh my bad, there MB Racer. I thought it was fastest qualifier from both prelim night/day. That makes a lot more sense why they loaded up then and didn't try to patch it together. Thanks for the clarification!

chupp n bloomer fan
09-14-2015, 03:16 AM
Oh my bad, there MB Racer. I thought it was fastest qualifier from both prelim night/day. That makes a lot more sense why they loaded up then and didn't try to patch it together. Thanks for the clarification!Saturday morning track was hooked up. Fergy has the new track record at a 14.866. Him and Devin (15.002) got the provisionals.

Nasty55
09-14-2015, 05:36 AM
Really thought bloomer was going to run away with it and jd would wear his tires out. Glad to see him spank all them!

That's a pretty good assessment considering Bloomquist didn't even lead a lap ol buddy lol... :D

chupp n bloomer fan
09-14-2015, 05:44 AM
That's a pretty good assessment considering Bloomquist didn't even lead a lap ol buddy lol... :DYeah:). Who woulda thought Landers would lead 65 laps, no one. He ran a good race, especially for Landers. JD and Bobby impressed me the most, but Landers did pretty dang good, and I didn't realize he still got fourth.

cjp0354
09-14-2015, 06:30 AM
What about that caution with Erb Saturday night? He spins (I think due to contact) they end up giving him his spot back because he didn't stop, according to them they never should have thrown caution. My thinking is if they hadn't he would have lost many spots so why would he get them all back just because he didn't stop on track. Not bashing Eldora or UMP but I do not agree with the call. Did I understand that right or am I way off?

bigq11
09-14-2015, 07:04 AM
I have seen a similar situation where it was the leader who spun but did not stop. He eventually was placed in line where the officials determined he would have been if the yellow did not come out. 4th place, I believe.