PDA

View Full Version : usra bmod crate vs open

porkchop4
09-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Don't want to sound like a broken record but I've been wandering wether I should change from my open motor to a crate motor next year the open is just a 40 over 350 with 882 heads highrise intake and a 2 barrel the biggest reason I was wondering ia because no one around me really runs one and also the you have to weigh I think 50lbs more when you have to run a crate didn't know if it was worth the money to buy a crate and a 4bbl and a coupler to run one thanks y'all for all the help

ride height
09-14-2015, 02:37 PM
Crates win most all the time in our area. Some crates obviously have been tampered with. Im not saying that because they win every week. Anybody with half a brain can see and hear some of the crates are in no way within the spirit of the rules. They neve get teched here and theyve figured that out. No serious tech is whats killing the sport. Not the crates themselves. If everyone had a legal crate the racing would be much more even. One thing for sure, with a spec, you got to have some serious skill. The crate, you just drive it around like your grandmas buick. JMHO. He slicker the track, the crates cant be beat. Alot of tracks let it slick up on purpose because the goal is to have all crates. Im sure e track owners get something out of it from crate dealers. Follow the money. Just like everything else in the world.

bentfender
09-15-2015, 07:42 AM
I have won races and championships with both but I like the open better but you need a good open get some dart heads for yours that will help a lot

sirleafalot
11-12-2015, 09:02 PM
here are some sweet sealing bolts for you crate lovers http://www.ebay.com/itm/602-Crate-engine-bolts-/321912702609?roken=cUgayN

dirtracer07x
11-13-2015, 01:48 PM
i run usra in okla and the guys that won 2 track championships and the state championship runs a open motor, powerglide and TRE chassis. plus on crates is that they are easier to drive when tracks get slick. imo

mod11h
11-15-2015, 06:44 PM
with USRA i think the tire is better for the open motor because of groving and siping. In Northeast iowa crates just dont keep up. In IMCA i think the crate is better

SRXSRULE
11-15-2015, 10:49 PM
It takes a GOOD open motor to out run the crate. Nothing even close to the parts listed in the Original post. Plan on spending 2-3,000 more on the open motor then the price of a new crate. Eric