PDA

View Full Version : Knoxville LM Nationals Drivers List

wuss
09-14-2015, 02:20 PM
Here's what was posted so far on the Knoxville web site for pre entries: 0 Bloomquist 1-Pearson Jr. 1M-Moss3 X-Frey 5-Oneal B5-Shepherd 6-Davenport 8-Findling 15-Francis 17M-McDowell 18-Junghans 20-Owens 21-Moyer 21B-Bell 25-Chad Simpson 28-Erb Jr, 28-Carrier Jr. 28M- Mars 31-Utter 32-Chris Simpson 50-Eckrich 54-Fryer 56-Speaker 58-Guss Jr. 59-Eckrich 91P-Papich 777-Landers Who else?..... I'm sure there are many more names to add to that list. Gettin close folks.

BadlandsBandit12
09-14-2015, 10:30 PM
0 Scott Bloomquist -Mooresburg, TN
1 Earl Pearson, Jr. - Jacksonville, FL
1M Robert Moss - Iowa City, IA
1R Josh Richards - Shinnston, WI
3 Sterling Perkins - Kellerton, IA
3s Brian Shirley - Chatham, IL
3x Skip Frey - Swisher, IA
5 Don O'Neal - Martinsville, IN
B5 Brandon Sheppard - New Berlin, IL
6 Wendell Wallace-Batesville, AR
6 Jonathan Davenport - Williamston, SC
7R Kent Robinson - Bloomington, IN
8 Sonny Findling - Kirksville, MO
15 Steve Francis - Ashland, KY
17m Dale McDowell - Chickamauga, GA
18 Shannon Babb - Moweaqua, IL
18 Chase Junghans - Manhattan, KS
20 Jimmy Owens - Newport, TN
21 Billy Moyer - Batesville, AR
21 Chris Brown - Spring, TX
21B Rich Bell - Sheffield, IL
21JR Billy Moyer Jr. - Batesville, AR
22 Gregg Satterlee - Indiana, PA
24 Ryan Unzicker - El Paso, IL
25 Chad Simpson - Mt. Vernon, IA
25 Jason Feger - Bloomington, IL
28 Dennis Erb Jr. - Carpentersville, IL
28 Eddie Carrier Jr. - Salt Rock, WV
28M Jimmy Mars - Menomonie, WI
29 Darrell Lanigan - Union, KY
31 Jason Utter - Columbus Junction, IA
32 Chris Simpson - Oxford, IA
50 Denny Eckrich - Tiffin, IA
54 Mike Fryer - Freeport, IL
56 Chris Spieker - Massena, IA
58 Ray Guss Jr. - Milan, IL
58 Dave Eckrich - Oxford, IA
91P Jason Papich - Nipomo, CA
99M Devin Moran - Dresden, OH
99 Frank Heckenast Jr - Frankfort IL
157 Mike Marlar - Winfield, TN
777 Jared Landers - Batesville, AR

Possibilties that are not listed

Jason Rauen
Charlie McKenna
Joel Callahan
Josh Rice
James Rice
Matt Westfall
Ryan Gustin
Brian Harris
Justin Kay
Tyler Bruenning
Nic Marolf
Ricky Weiss
RC Whitwell
A.J. Diemal
Donny Shatz

BadlandsBandit12
09-14-2015, 10:32 PM
I was going to create one tonight then saw yours, anyways there is 38 cars so far. I do not think it will get to 80 like last year for some reason. I certainly hope i am wrong!

huskerdirt
09-14-2015, 10:41 PM
I was going to create one tonight then saw yours, anyways there is 38 cars so far. I do not think it will get to 80 like last year for some reason. I certainly hope i am wrong!

I think it'll be a few short of 80 also. A lot of regional shows going on that weekend. Still I think it'll be around 70-75.

Shannon Babb
Frank Heckenast Jr
Wendell Wallace
Ryan Unzicker all have the race in there schedules.

71PRPFan
09-14-2015, 10:59 PM
I doubt you'll see Moran

BadlandsBandit12
09-14-2015, 11:07 PM
I hope your right, I know USMTS will be taking a few guys away because of the stupid scheduling of the Jamboree. Knoxville is a way bigger show then that one too. Also wanted to point out they have had 2 weeks off!

I think it'll be a few short of 80 also. A lot of regional shows going on that weekend. Still I think it'll be around 70-75.

Shannon Babb
Frank Heckenast Jr
Wendell Wallace
Ryan Unzicker all have the race in there schedules.

huskerdirt
09-14-2015, 11:11 PM
I hope your right, I know USMTS will be taking a few guys away because of the stupid scheduling of the Jamboree. Knoxville is a way bigger show then that one too. Also wanted to point out they have had 2 weeks off!

lol........ Don't get me started on that deal. I completely agree with you. Sanders, Payne and Phillips are running Deer Creek.

I can add them to the list of organizations that don't own a calendar.

huskerdirt
09-14-2015, 11:45 PM
I doubt you'll see Moran

Why is that?

His pre entry was just posted late last week.

BadlandsBandit12
09-14-2015, 11:50 PM
Yea they usually do pretty well, USMTS has had their big show and that is in July for 25 grand to win.

Sanders has to be there if he wants the shot at 125,000. I think he is just a few points off.

anyways just bull crap they would pull that stunt because Knoxville announced it right away last year!!!!

lol........ Don't get me started on that deal. I completely agree with you. Sanders, Payne and Phillips are running Deer Creek.

I can add them to the list of organizations that don't own a calendar.

huskerdirt
09-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Yea they usually do pretty well, USMTS has had their big show and that is in July for 25 grand to win.

Sanders has to be there if he wants the shot at 125,000. I think he is just a few points off.

anyways just bull crap they would pull that stunt because Knoxville announced it right away last year!!!!

I don't blame them for going... Better shot at making some decent money.

The thing that bothers me is Knoxville has been on the same weekend the last 3-4 years. And deer creek has always been the third weekend in September for as long as remember. Then magically it moves to the same weekend as Knoxville. I'm sure some TP and Sanders don't like it. And I know some fans are upset about it.

I really don't see any reason for it. Like you said USMTS has been off for two weeks already.

BadlandsBandit12
09-15-2015, 12:42 AM
Yea I gotta say bad marketing on USMTS just for the fact they will lose some fans to that race too. I talked to some of the drivers that race mods and they said they are not happy either because they want to be there to watch the Kville nationals!

The thing that bothers me is Knoxville has been on the same weekend the last 3-4 years. And deer creek has always been the third weekend in September for as long as remember. Then magically it moves to the same weekend as Knoxville. I'm sure some TP and Sanders don't like it. And I know some fans are upset about it.

I really don't see any reason for it. Like you said USMTS has been off for two weeks already.

bloomy18018
09-15-2015, 05:34 AM
Knoxville changed their dates... Not Deer Creek,, the Fall Jamboree has been that weekend forever,, Knoxville's loss

Racing
09-15-2015, 08:51 AM
Knoxville changed their dates... Not Deer Creek,, the Fall Jamboree has been that weekend forever,, Knoxville's loss

How do you figure Knoxville changed their dates? Knoxville has always been on the last weekend of September for least few years now.. Last year the Fall Jamboree was September 18th to 20th... So Knoxville didn't move their date....

Josh Bayko
09-15-2015, 10:35 AM
Let's be honest here, the USMTS race isn't going to take a ton of cars or fans away from Knoxville. They're two different divisions.

huskerdirt
09-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Let's be honest here, the USMTS race isn't going to take a ton of cars or fans away from Knoxville. They're two different divisions.

Around here there are a lot of guys that run both USMTS and late models.

While it doesn't take a ton of cars away. It will take two away atleast. Fan wise a lot more are conflicted than just a few.

These two races are less than 250 miles apart.

Josh Bayko
09-15-2015, 01:10 PM
Around here there are a lot of guys that run both USMTS and late models.

While it doesn't take a ton of cars away. It will take two away atleast. Fan wise a lot more are conflicted than just a few.

These two races are less than 250 miles apart.

Two whole cars. The racing world is more than big enough for both races.

speedemon3b
09-15-2015, 01:11 PM
This might help here is a list of drivers that are pre entered for deer creek that also run late models
Tommy Weder Jr
Jeremy Payne
Austin Siebert
Terry Phillips
Rodney Sanders

huskerdirt
09-15-2015, 01:29 PM
Two whole cars. The racing world is more than big enough for both races.

I said two drivers atleast. The others I can't speak for because I don't know if they would actually have went to Knoxville or not. My point is that these two races have never been conflicted before. Fan wise, both crowds will be down(I hope not) due to the fact that fans like to attend both.

wuss
09-15-2015, 01:33 PM
I know where I'm gonna be and I would think most race fans would think the same way. The late models at Knoxville ALWAYS race hard and put on a heck of a show....all three days. I've never been to the LM nationals and walked away wishing I wouldn't have gone. Just the atmosphere there is worth the money, just to start with. If you can't have fun at Knoxville, I'm not sure you can have fun anywhere. It seems to grow bigger and bigger every year. "Doesn't really matter if there are 50 or 60 or 100 cars there, it's the quality, not the quantity. I'd leave for Knoxville today if I could, yep.

huskerdirt
09-15-2015, 01:34 PM
Donny Schatz plans on racing his late model Thursday night.

fryefan
09-15-2015, 07:00 PM

Several events, not just the ones at Deer Creek, were moved back a week this year because of changes in the calendar. Other tracks did not move their events, so there are some overlaps. It also overlaps with Modified Mania at Granite City, IL this year.

While I would like to see Sanders and Phillips at Knoxville, there will be plenty of cars and fans for both events.

WRC11
09-15-2015, 09:41 PM
Add Josh & James Rice

bloomy18018
09-15-2015, 10:05 PM
How do you figure Knoxville changed their dates? Knoxville has always been on the last weekend of September for least few years now.. Last year the Fall Jamboree was September 18th to 20th... So Knoxville didn't move their date....

And this year it would have fallen to the first weekend in October, also because last year @ the race they said they were going to switch the date to the weekend earlier next year.... Therefore conflicting dates with Deer Creek, don't matter to me they are only losing 3 decent drivers in Phillips-Sanders&Gustin

huskerdirt
09-15-2015, 10:22 PM
Several events, not just the ones at Deer Creek, were moved back a week this year because of changes in the calendar. Other tracks did not move their events, so there are some overlaps. It also overlaps with Modified Mania at Granite City, IL this year.

While I would like to see Sanders and Phillips at Knoxville, there will be plenty of cars and fans for both events.

After cross checking some schedules in the past years. Then counting the weekends after Labor Day, you are right. It's something we as fans we really don't think about at the time.

I'm not if Lucas or Knoxville did it on purpose. Hopefully next year it'll line up better.

vande07
09-16-2015, 08:16 AM
Late Model Nationals Dates

2004 -- Oct 14,15,16
2005 -- Sept 29, 30 and Oct 1
2006 -- Sept 28,29, 30
2007 -- Sept 27,28, 29
2008 -- Sept 25,26,27
2009 -- Oct 1,2,3 and (4) -- all 3 nights rained out, they ran on Sunday
2010 -- Sept 30, Oct 1 and 2
2011 -- Sept 29,30 Oct 1
2012 -- Sept 27,28, 29
2013 -- Sept 26,27,28
2014 -- Sept 25,26,27

Personally, I have no issue with it being in September every year (you've got to remember, Knoxville (and every other track for that matter), have more than just other racetracks to compete with for entertainment $$$'s).

Holding it September 24,25 and 26 means a BYE Week for Iowa State Football (70 miles from Knoxville), a mid-morning Iowa Hawkeye Football Game (2:30 kick vs North Texas which should be a guaranteed win).

Moving it to the following weekend puts you against a HOME Iowa State Football Game vs Kansas (a winnable game for Iowa State) and Iowa at Wisconsin (so you lose fans coming from Wisconsin and Iowa fans that will want to watch that game or will head to Madison to watch in person (compared to watching North Texas at home the week prior).

Nothing will ever be perfect, but race schedules at other tracks 200+ miles away are probably the last thing looked at. You have to look at the fanbase that comes to your track and what could keep them away from your event.

I think both tracks will have a successful weekend. I hope Minnesota doesn't have a home game that Saturday competing against Deer Creek (Minnesota FB is trending upward) and hurt their crowd.

BadlandsBandit12
09-16-2015, 11:47 PM
College football is a non issue in Minnesota country for race fans. Most die hard race fans will be at the races! More people I know only care about the Vikings on Sunday!

vande07
09-17-2015, 07:36 AM
College football is a non issue in Minnesota country for race fans. Most die hard race fans will be at the races! More people I know only care about the Vikings on Sunday!

Won't dispute that, but of the 2 teams currently. I'd go watch the Gophers, they are least winning.

waaac77
09-17-2015, 10:48 AM
It's all Vikings in Minnesota no one cares about the Gopher football team they are bad pretty much every year. I think the only Gophers they care about up there is the Gopher hockey team don't they win every year? On subject.... anyone know if Jeep ever plans on going to Knoxville again?

plunks7
09-17-2015, 06:11 PM
It's all Vikings in Minnesota no one cares about the Gopher football team they are bad pretty much every year. I think the only Gophers they care about up there is the Gopher hockey team don't they win every year? On subject.... anyone know if Jeep ever plans on going to Knoxville again?

That would be the Last Team I would watch before giving up Knoxville.:) As far as the Hockey Team, No they do not win every year!!!! The only thing Minnesota needs to care about. Is black lives matter. :)

plunks7
09-17-2015, 06:15 PM
Add:
Jason Rauen #98
Charlie McKenna #22
Joel Callahan #40

Husker I talked to all 3 of these Drivers last night at the "YANKEE".

WRC11
09-17-2015, 06:44 PM
Add: Scott James Matt Westfall

huskerdirt
09-17-2015, 07:01 PM
Add:
Jason Rauen
Charlie McKenna
Joel Callahan

Husker I talked to all 3 of these Drivers last night at the "YANKEE".

Lol..... Is Chargin Charlie running that car he bought from Rauen?

I'll be coming in hot on Thursday morning. See ya down there.

plunks7
09-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Lol..... Is Chargin Charlie running that car he bought from Rauen?

I'll be coming in hot on Thursday morning. See ya down there.

No he has a open car. MBC I believe. Just don't come in to hot and pick us off. LOL See ya there.

bloomy18018
09-18-2015, 09:50 AM
Add: Scott James Matt Westfall

No Scott James... Blowed Er up at Big E

Bubstr
09-18-2015, 02:05 PM
I'll roll in some time Wednesday. Looking forward to it. I'd like to see Bobby Pierce there. I think this track is a good fit for him, but it looks like he is chasing UMP points again this year.

illowadirt32
09-18-2015, 02:26 PM
The race that is going to hurt Knoxville car count is the MARS races in Oklahoma that weekend. $3000 to win Friday and $5000 to win Saturday. I'm starting to think 40-45 late models this year at Knoxville.

illowadirt32
09-18-2015, 02:27 PM
Also I-30 Speedway in Arkansas has a Comp Cams Race on Saturday.

huskerdirt
09-18-2015, 02:52 PM
The race that is going to hurt Knoxville car count is the MARS races in Oklahoma that weekend. $3000 to win Friday and $5000 to win Saturday. I'm starting to think 40-45 late models this year at Knoxville.

Highly unlikely it'll be that low. They were schedule on the same weekend last year along with Comp Cams and 80 cars still showed up at Knoxville.

BerckFan
09-18-2015, 04:10 PM

No way that low...O/U @ 68

jrkracing54
09-18-2015, 10:16 PM
I'll be there Wednesday for the poker game that night at Dingus. Can't wait. John 1*

plunks7
09-18-2015, 10:28 PM
I'll be there Wednesday for the poker game that night at Dingus. Can't wait. John 1*

So will I.

FastEd95
09-19-2015, 05:48 AM
I know it's probably too early to be putting any trust in the weather forecast but it looks darn near perfect for next week/weekend in Knoxville - upper 70s and sunshine for Thur. - Sat. Thanks El Nino.

Highside Hustler25
09-19-2015, 06:15 AM

I wouldn't expect any race to effect car counts at Knoxville.

Feger1
09-19-2015, 01:33 PM
Add: 19R "The Reaper" Ryan Gustin

Going to be great weather

plunks7
09-20-2015, 01:06 PM
ADD:
Brian Harris #21H This will be his last race. Retiring
Justin Kay #15K
Tyler Bruenning #16
Nic Marolf #33

WRC11
09-20-2015, 01:08 PM
Add Manitoba's Ricky Weiss to the list.

Hawk12
09-20-2015, 03:08 PM
sad to see Harris retire. He is a great driver. Hawkeye state loses another good one.

justadirtLMfan
09-20-2015, 03:17 PM
ADD:Brian Harris #15 This will be his last race. RetiringJustin Kay #15KTyler Bruenning #16Nic Marolf #33Harris went back to his original 21H # he's with a new car owner now, for open motor.

plunks7
09-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Harris went back to his original 21H # he's with a new car owner now, for open motor.

Thanks for the correction. Glad he decided Knoxville as his Last Race.

thugcat32
09-20-2015, 09:05 PM
Best race of the year hands down

Feger1
09-21-2015, 12:09 PM
Anybody hear any updates about Tim McCreadie, Mason Zeigler coming to Knoxville? McCreadie usually runs there

MotoMatt
09-21-2015, 01:41 PM
Ryan Gustin added it to his schedule recently.

SnakeX3
09-21-2015, 05:26 PM
I'd think if the team had the money that Eckert would return. The way he's been running he's gotta at least beat the guy that keeps blowing up or wrecking his ride from last year's event. Can't really expect any of the other WoO boys to bother showing up though. They haven't been able to run with the Lucas guys all season, so why trek all the way out there to get whipped, right?

Josh Bayko
09-21-2015, 05:36 PM
I'd think if the team had the money that Eckert would return. The way he's been running he's gotta at least beat the guy that keeps blowing up or wrecking his ride from last year's event. Can't really expect any of the other WoO boys to bother showing up though. They haven't been able to run with the Lucas guys all season, so why trek all the way out there to get whipped, right?

Except Knoxville is a track where the WoO has beaten the Lucas regulars more than actual Lucas regulars have won it.

klemmabyna
09-21-2015, 05:43 PM
took a look at last years results. a bunch of names not listed as pre-entries that I fully expect to attend.

http://www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Results.aspx

dad and I haven't missed a night since the beginning. takes a lot at our age to get excited. but (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)... we get excited about this race weekend!!!

huskerdirt
09-21-2015, 05:52 PM
Except Knoxville is a track where the WoO has beaten the Lucas regulars more than actual Lucas regulars have won it.

Really???

The year Lanigan won it was basically him and Richards going at it. TMac was crap all weekend until Saturday then got 3rd.

Lanigan is the only WoO regular to win the 100 lapper. When TMac won he wasn't a WoO guy....

Since Lucas has sanctioned Knoxville the score is Lucas 2, WoO 1, Independent 1 in the 100 lapper.

Prelim nights the score is WoO 2, Lucas 1, and Independent 5.

All 3 of WoOs win came on the same weekend. So for one year.... You can say they were great. They were also the two best drivers in the country that year.

plunks7
09-21-2015, 07:35 PM
Add:
Al Humphrey"s Driver will be there. Just can't remember his Name. Huskerdirt help me out please.

huskerdirt
09-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Add:
Al Humphrey"s Driver will be there. Just can't remember his Name. Huskerdirt help me out please.

RC Whitwell.

I heard they were probably going about a month ago..... But hadn't heard anything since.

plunks7
09-21-2015, 07:48 PM
The guy I am going with pits for them.

cjsracing
09-21-2015, 08:30 PM
Jonathan Davenport's souvenir trailer is already in town, well kind of, it is parked at the Super 8 in Colfax, IA.

klemmabyna
09-21-2015, 08:45 PM
Curt: got to see you win a heat race at stuart august 2nd. didn't get to stay for the rest of the event as my dad's phone went crazy with friends worrying about him due to a tornado that hit the neighborhood (and his farm). (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) glad we were in stuart!

hope to catch you at knoxville

Barbecueboy
09-21-2015, 08:52 PM
Jonathan Davenport's souvenir trailer is already in town, well kind of, it is parked at the Super 8 in Colfax, IA.

Could probably open it up and start selling shirts right there..............despite the denial ridiculousness from all of the 4m boo birds, dude is white hot right now.

tfedz
09-21-2015, 09:05 PM
Per twitter...add AJ Diemel

BadlandsBandit12
09-21-2015, 10:13 PM
I guess Bobby Pierce is not going. I am gonna have to say sorry if this offends someone but that tells me he is not for real!

He rather race a modified Tri City. whatever!

plunks7
09-21-2015, 10:19 PM
What......... No Jr. Cover on the list!!!!!

huskerdirt
09-21-2015, 10:37 PM
What......... No Jr. Cover on the list!!!!!

I'm sure his suburban and open trailer will be blowing the doors off my ride on Thursday morning.

fryefan
09-21-2015, 10:52 PM
I guess Bobby Pierce is not going. I am gonna have to say sorry if this offends someone but that tells me he is not for real!

He rather race a modified Tri City. whatever!

He is not racing a modified. He is going to be racing his late model @ Granite City (UMP National Points).

waaac77
09-21-2015, 11:32 PM
I wouldn't expect any race to effect car counts at Knoxville.I would expect car counts to affect Knoxville

justadirtLMfan
09-22-2015, 12:13 AM
I guess Bobby Pierce is not going. I am gonna have to say sorry if this offends someone but that tells me he is not for real!He rather race a modified Tri City. whatever!Not for real? Didn't he do ok at the World?Bobby didn't run Knoxville last year, this isn't new news.

waaac77
09-22-2015, 12:24 AM
You'd think since he's gonna run asphalt soon that this would be a track he'd show up at. I don't thIni he could beat Davenport or Bloomer anyways no one can touch them not even Smooth

thugcat32
09-22-2015, 06:06 AM
Per Twitter he is running a modified only he is a kid no big deal doesn't have a chance in hell of winning Knoxville people can say whatever but the difference from first and second is big balls

BadlandsBandit12
09-22-2015, 08:14 AM
Thank you Thugcat, some people on here do not get it!

Per Twitter he is running a modified only he is a kid no big deal doesn't have a chance in hell of winning Knoxville people can say whatever but the difference from first and second is big balls

BadlandsBandit12
09-22-2015, 08:20 AM
Regarding Pierce decision to run a modified, why don't he go run the Jamboree at Deer Creek instead. I am actually disappointed in him. But it is his decision, oh wait his fathers decision. There is big money to be made at both races.

Also some of you people need to get facebook or twitter. I don't post BS I post facts. :)

Whatever he did at the world is great, but if he is a for real late model driver why not show how he can stack up on a real race track at Knoxville. Just saying!!!

BadlandsBandit12
09-22-2015, 08:50 AM
I just read on Pierce's Facebook that he claimed he don't have a big enough motor for Knoxville. I thought you had to have a big motor for the World 100. Unless the engine was smoked from the World I can understand. He sure has a lot of fans and you would think with his souvenir trailer they could have made good money just by showing up and running good.

dirt FANatic 11
09-22-2015, 09:00 AM
Go re-read Pierces statement. He is going to Tri-City NOT in a modified. He is NOT pulling double duty. Going only in the Late Model. He just swept last weekend, 4 wins 4 UMP starts. Great weekend of UMP National Points. He is going for another great weekend of UMP National Points. You guys get all bent out of shape about nothing. And BTW, didn't Bobby smoke ole bloomer at the World? Last I checked, 2nd is better than 3rd.

cjsracing
09-22-2015, 09:05 AM
Klem,

I love racing at Stuart and glad you got a chance to go there. I will be at Knoxville Thrusday night helping someone, but then I'll be racing in Ft. Dodge on Friday and Webster City on Saturday. I blew my open engine at Knoxville last year and it didn't make sense to have it fixed or get a new one just to run Knoxville as that is the only open engine race I do.

TowerView
09-22-2015, 09:21 AM
Mason Zeigler and Delaware's Kerry King will be there

tfedz
09-22-2015, 10:37 AM
Add Austin Theiss

TackyTracker
09-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Bobby has plenty of time to run Knoxville... Back to Back UMP Nat'l champion has a nice ring to it...

BadlandsBandit12
09-22-2015, 12:57 PM
ahh just reread it, I looked at the Tri-Cities website and they are racing mods and late models. The late models pay only 2000 each night to win. Mods pay 3000, 4000, and 5000 each night!

Go re-read Pierces statement. He is going to Tri-City NOT in a modified. He is NOT pulling double duty. Going only in the Late Model. He just swept last weekend, 4 wins 4 UMP starts. Great weekend of UMP National Points. He is going for another great weekend of UMP National Points. You guys get all bent out of shape about nothing. And BTW, didn't Bobby smoke ole bloomer at the World? Last I checked, 2nd is better than 3rd.

Stand on her, lean on her
09-22-2015, 03:42 PM
how many cars do you think will show up at Knoxville? 80? 90? 100+?

TUTY
09-22-2015, 03:53 PM
If the USMTS guys wanted to come to Knoxville they could for Friday and Saturday. Sanders is behind Hugh's by 2 points and Thursday is the only night that USMTS counts points. Friday and Saturday is for money only.

huskerdirt
09-22-2015, 04:06 PM
how many cars do you think will show up at Knoxville? 80? 90? 100+?

Probably be around 70-75.

huskerdirt
09-22-2015, 04:07 PM
If the USMTS guys wanted to come to Knoxville they could for Friday and Saturday. Sanders is behind Hugh's by 2 points and Thursday is the only night that USMTS counts points. Friday and Saturday is for money only.

Knoxville says you have to enter to race on Thursday. You can skip Friday, but can't skip Thursday.

Regardless the USMTS guys that have late models wouldn't come anyway. Better shot at making decent money there than Knoxville.

Bubstr
09-22-2015, 04:19 PM
I look for 65 to 70 with quality rising to the top. Only 20 some cars will race the A main. That makes it as tough to win as any race this year, especially with the inverts in the heat races. The thing is, this is one place they invert heat races and the drivers don't complain. If they sandbag on time trials, they loose up front starting spots in the preliminary features, as there are points awarded for TT. You have to go hard, every time you hit the track. Sure, we are probably going to see the usual guys in the front several rows of the Sat. A main, but they didn't have it given to them or lucked into them. They worked hard for that spot and put on one great show, doing it. Look to see some of the best racing on the premier, well prepared track in the world. Besides that, you get a back rest on you seat and don't need a dust mask most nights. Knoxville rules, other tracks drools.

vande07
09-23-2015, 07:26 AM
The Sweetner's Plus rig was sitting outside turn #3 last night, so I'd add TMAC to the list.

klemmabyna
09-23-2015, 08:33 AM
a perfect weather forecast for promoters and race fans:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/knoxville-ia/50138/daily-weather-forecast/333026

kazual
09-23-2015, 09:17 AM
Glad for Knoxville to see them get an outstanding weather forecast. This time of year it's been a factor in some years, may run up for couple of days.

WisWildManFan
09-23-2015, 11:10 AM
Add Manitoba's Ricky Weiss to the list.Hope he used that Canadian health care to get his eyes checked in the last 2 weeks... was a weapon at Big E sat afternoon.

SnakeX3
09-23-2015, 03:22 PM
Devin Moran's website says he is going to be racing elsewhere this weekend.

SnakeX3
09-23-2015, 03:36 PM
Josh Rice's site has him racing at Knoxville. James has it on his schedule too.

Ryan Gustin's site has him racing at Knoxville as well.

vande07
09-23-2015, 03:46 PM
Devin Moran's website says he is going to be racing elsewhere this weekend.

If so, someone should tell him to let Knoxville know he isn't going to make it and they'll refund his entry fee. They updated the entry list today and he's still on it.

SnakeX3
09-23-2015, 03:53 PM
Maybe he did. I had only checked his site because one of the other threads here had him running at Ohio Valley so I checked it to see if that was true. That got me looking at some of the "Maybe" drivers' sites. I checked Justin Kay's facebook and he posted that he was heading to Knoxville.

huskerdirt
09-23-2015, 03:54 PM
Maybe he did. I had only checked his site because one of the other threads here had him running at Ohio Valley so I checked it to see if that was true. That got me looking at some of the "Maybe" drivers' sites. I checked Justin Kay's facebook and he posted that he was heading to Knoxville.

I noticed his pre entry was posted about 2 weeks ago. So I guess he just decided not to come.

tfedz
09-23-2015, 05:06 PM
Looks like Rice boys will not be there either. Staying closer to home

tfedz
09-23-2015, 05:19 PM
Now 53 pre-entered on website. I'm guessing 60-70

SnakeX3
09-23-2015, 08:36 PM
Looks like Rice boys will not be there either. Staying closer to home

Yeah. Bad timing on my part I guess. I saw Josh tweeted he'd be a Florence 30 minutes ago and I checked his site and it was changed to reflect that.

hausman
09-23-2015, 08:38 PM
Would be great if 70+ drivers are there, but the quality of the field is second only to Eldora IMO

BadlandsBandit12
09-24-2015, 12:51 AM
if we get 55 cars tomorrow that will be enough. There will be a lot of good teams there. Bring it on and enjoy the races all!!!!

thugcat32
09-24-2015, 07:12 AM
Those rices kids are just field fillers only real good driver missing is Peirce

tfedz
09-24-2015, 07:54 AM
Gregg Satterlee also staying closer to home

tfedz
09-24-2015, 08:06 AM
Morgan Bagley has arrived at Knoxville

TUTY
09-24-2015, 08:35 AM
Just a suggestion but I think they need to go back to no sanctioning. I think a lot of the WOO guys and outsiders see there's only 20 spots up for grabs plus top Lucas guys. There's really no real answer but there sprint nationals there's just a gentlemanly agreement that other groups don't run that weekend. Maybe there's a little money under the table. The format they have is great but maybe a non-qualifiers feature for $3000 to win would help also.

cjsracing
09-24-2015, 08:41 AM
TUTY I'm pretty sure they start 30 cars before provisionals. top 24 in points from Thurs and Fri plus the top 6 in the B main on Saturday.

huskerdirt
09-24-2015, 09:22 AM
Un sanctioned----- 55-60 cars.

Lucas sanctioned--- over 60 cars. The last 3 years the counts have been 80, 72, and 79.

There will be just as many WoO cars in attendance as the Eldora.

vande07
09-24-2015, 09:38 AM
There is a lot more to the Lucas Oil Sanctioning than just the Late Models IMO.

Lucas Oil Sponsors the weekly racing at the track as well as provides the MavTV time for "Knoxville's Dirt Dreams" TV show every Thursday afternoon (no $$ changes hands that I am aware of), does the TV for the Knoxville Nationals (sprints) and has their signage everywhere.

I don't think it'd be good "business" to drop the Lucas Oil Sanction from the Late Model Nationals. Heck, the Sprint Nationals are "sanctioned" by the WoO even though there is no mention of the WoO brand during the entire week. Knoxville Officials run that show and the track uses it's own format (the WoO format isn't used at all in any way).

The World and Dream aren't technically "sanctioned", but UMP (ie: DirtCar, ie: World of Outlaws) does all tech and runs they show don't they? I would consider that just as much of a sanction as Lucas Oil during the Late Model Nationals is (both races use their own format no matter who is "sanctioning" the race).

TUTY
09-24-2015, 02:12 PM
That's true. You guys are in Gods Country, rained down I90 till almost Albert Lea and partly cloudy with no rain in Mason City. Herd it's even better in Knoxville.

vande07
09-24-2015, 03:05 PM
That's true. You guys are in Gods Country, rained down I90 till almost Albert Lea and partly cloudy with no rain in Mason City. Herd it's even better in Knoxville.

I know west of I35 got pounded by rain yesterday and forecast for more today.

Council Bluffs, IA got 7 inches yesterday and cancelled school due to street flooding (couldn't get buses or cars down the streets) and forecasted for heavy rain again today.

One of these years I hope they have the Late Models on a weekend where there isn't a home high school football game (concession stands won't have a lot of workers, and local fans have to choose).

Sun is out in Kville currently. Have a safe drive.

speedemon3b
09-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Not at the track but getting some updates there is a 74m there from wisconsin/minnesota area 48 of tim lance 17 of Jim Shereck

cjsracing
09-24-2015, 03:53 PM
Just a travel update. Highway 14 between Newton and Monroe is under construction and 1 lane, so be prepared for a delay.

Feger1
09-24-2015, 04:04 PM
The 74M is Mitch McGrath out of Wisconsin!!!