PDA

View Full Version : Davenport Suspension Pictures

00Hdmn
09-16-2015, 10:36 AM
I cant believe that someone hasn't posted the infamous picture taken in Victory lane of the 6 cars left rear suspension........

hall99
09-16-2015, 10:39 AM
it was on Facebook the other day.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-16-2015, 10:56 AM
There isn't enough info there.

smoothoperator32
09-16-2015, 11:52 AM
I got a screen shot of it before it was deleted.

GRT62
09-16-2015, 12:12 PM
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=930490913656339&id=100000863184866&set=a.127071483998290.9828.100000863184866

chupp n bloomer fan
09-16-2015, 12:16 PM
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=930490913656339&id=100000863184866&set=a.127071483998290.9828.100000863184866I'm sure I'll be attacked for this, but is it legal?

cjsracing
09-16-2015, 12:40 PM
I have the pic saved on my phone that I downloaded from facebook

DoubleZero
09-16-2015, 12:50 PM
The top guys have had to have known about the Rumley suspension for a while now. Tough to keep racing secrets. Kevin's indicated just because they used this device at Eldora, it won't be necessarily used be used at the next race. The handling stance/posture of the 6 car is unique. driving off the right front. Knowing how to fine-tune this device, and orienting the car's overall suspension to it, is the real secret. As Kevin has essentially developed this entire concept, he's way ahead of the learning curve.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-16-2015, 01:15 PM
I'm sure I'll be attacked for this, but is it legal?

Nothing in that picture is illegal.

billetbirdcage
09-16-2015, 02:12 PM
That picture is from April and is very old and 100% not from the world 100.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-16-2015, 02:27 PM
Nothing in that picture is illegal.Then I guess they better make a rule to make it illegal to level the playing field again.

TALON75
09-16-2015, 02:29 PM
Funny how they all think this is from Saturday night! Billet is correct, old pic .

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-16-2015, 02:52 PM
Funny how they all think this is from Saturday night! Billet is correct, old pic .

I think the folks who visit the tech section know that. lol. The pic has apparently gone viral lately. The photographer should have kept it a little closer to the vest. I would have. It seems every car builder has had these for a while.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-16-2015, 02:53 PM
Then I guess they better make a rule to make it illegal to level the playing field again.

No. People need to get to work.

But, just because nothing in that pic is illegal doesn't mean there isn't something under there that is either.

lmfan71
09-16-2015, 08:59 PM
This picture maybe going viral but you have to know how to use what's in the picture for it to do any good.
This is asphalt racing technology here.

Austin34471
09-16-2015, 11:29 PM
Yeah guys that pic is from the Oshkosh Lucas race in May. Have any new ones come out since then? You can tell from recent action shots that he is running some sort of different variations. I've looked at the oshkosh pic for days and still haven't figured it out

zyoung25
09-17-2015, 01:46 AM
I would imagine there are several different ones, depending on what type of track they're going to.

Josh Bayko
09-17-2015, 05:16 AM
The average racer could look at that picture, or any other picture of Davenport's left rear and replicate it, but the average racer still isn't going to win as many races. The other three corners of the car are just as important, and it's fast because of the total setup.

hucktyson
09-17-2015, 06:32 AM
At Pittsburgh .... Big glassy slick momentum track that requires throttle control and being smooth , davensnort had a much faster car than bloomquist but the GOAT used his far superior car and throttle control to pass the faster car and put it on him. Davensnort has a ballistically fast race car but is no where near Bloomquist on the wheel. I don't care what any davensnort nutt huggers tell me . Out davensnort back in the CBR car without rumley around and you show me all of the Crown Jewels he racks up. Bloomquist doesn't need a rumley ....

davis2902
09-17-2015, 07:01 AM
At Pittsburgh .... Big glassy slick momentum track that requires throttle control and being smooth , davensnort had a much faster car than bloomquist but the GOAT used his far superior car and throttle control to pass the faster car and put it on him. Davensnort has a ballistically fast race car but is no where near Bloomquist on the wheel. I don't care what any davensnort nutt huggers tell me . Out davensnort back in the CBR car without rumley around and you show me all of the Crown Jewels he racks up. Bloomquist doesn't need a rumley ....

Bloomquist's does have a Rumley, his name is Ronnie Crooks.

lmfan71
09-17-2015, 07:27 AM
If the average racer can replicate this, why is it that more cars do not have this set up. Because it take someone that knows how to use them. Or even what this system is called. Like it or hate it, it comes from asphalt racing. And these cars are driving more like asphalt cars everyday!

Barbecueboy
09-17-2015, 07:41 AM
Bloomquist's does have a Rumley, his name is Ronnie Crooks.

And huck has SERGE............

fastford
09-17-2015, 07:46 AM
I still say its all a decoy.......

davis2902
09-17-2015, 07:49 AM
All jokes aside, the older guys on this forum are the only ones that know how this works, any 80's Rayburn come to mind?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-17-2015, 08:03 AM

Unlike you hucktyson bloomers not doing it by his self.

CBR was the problem why jd never went any place w that program. If you were put in that car it would be going in reverse at high speed. Just cuz you invented the nuthugger program w bloomer doesnt mean jd fans are the same but call them what you want.

Im sorry you are disgruntled over jd crashing your boys show but get over it.
This will make your day, after the world race jd said he was only running at 80%.

dirty bert
09-17-2015, 08:27 AM
davis2902,If I rember right I saw something like that on a howe car a a ndra race at bulls gap.

hucktyson
09-17-2015, 10:06 AM
People keep calling this a cantilever .... I'm not seeing how your coming up with that

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-17-2015, 10:22 AM
People keep calling this a cantilever .... I'm not seeing how your coming up with that

CJ is back in business! Lol

Barbecueboy
09-17-2015, 10:51 AM

And that makes them all incorrect..........fiction and fact from huckys almanac, it's a good read.

25drtrkr
09-17-2015, 11:56 AM

CBR was the problem why jd never went any place w that program. If you were put in that car it would be going in reverse at high speed. Just cuz you invented the nuthugger program w bloomer doesnt mean jd fans are the same but call them what you want.

This will make your day, after the world race jd said he was only running at 80%.

FYI.....most dlm features are won when drivers are only running 50-80%!

nuff said
09-17-2015, 12:04 PM
NOBODY has done very well at CBR Racing,not just Davenport.JD was up front at some big races and winning more than his share of regional one's with Barry before they made the move to CBR.

hucktyson
09-17-2015, 12:08 PM
Pretty sure CBR won the 2014 Lucas oil title .....

Highside Hustler25
09-17-2015, 12:22 PM
Pretty sure CBR won the 2014 Lucas oil title .....

lmao! Oh how some forget:Dand it hasn't even been 12 months.

JustAddDirt
09-17-2015, 12:24 PM
what has he done since then?
If bloomer would have been as hot at the beginning and middle of the year, it would have been a different story.

hucktyson
09-17-2015, 12:35 PM
Now that davensnort won the world were back to the whole
Scott Bloomquist never was and never will be (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) thing again ....

25drtrkr
09-17-2015, 01:00 PM
Now that davensnort won the world were back to the whole
Scott Bloomquist never was and never will be (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) thing again ....

Easy Huck......ur comparing the nuthugger crowned Prince to the alltime KING of dlm racing!

btw......The KING will win the Lucas points!....Guaranteed!

hucktyson
09-17-2015, 01:08 PM
75% of this board would drink 7 loads of davenports skizz off a Jackie Boggs $hit sandwich ... You would think these people get a cut of each win with how over the top they react .... I hear the trick is to rack lines of coke up on your schmed and let davensnort remove them ......

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-17-2015, 01:24 PM

Ok so when they interview a dr in win circle and he tells u thats all i had then hes bs us.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-17-2015, 01:25 PM
lmao! Oh how some forget:Dand it hasn't even been 12 months.

No i dnt forget it but look at oneil today you would never knew he ran good last yr.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-17-2015, 01:55 PM

Thats why you got to dope ur tires to win when you race.

25drtrkr
09-17-2015, 01:58 PM
Ok so when they interview a dr in win circle and he tells u thats all i had then hes bs us.

Seriuosly, have you ever worked on a dlm before?

When a driver tells you that, he generally means that's all the throttle % he was using! NO ONE, not even Bloomer, will tell you he uses 100% throttle in a feature! You can only use all of that 900hp when the track is wet and tacky.

fastford
09-17-2015, 04:15 PM
CJ is back in business! Lol

you may be correct , I remember a post on here a few months back about a new gismo cj was working on. I think it was from one of his helpers. recon he or someone else sold out??????

Barbecueboy
09-17-2015, 06:51 PM
Easy Huck......ur comparing the nuthugger crowned Prince to the alltime KING of dlm racing!

btw......The KING will win the Lucas points!....Guaranteed!

Remember this post.......you heard it here first.

Barbecueboy
09-17-2015, 06:55 PM
75% of this board would drink 7 loads of davenports skizz off a Jackie Boggs $hit sandwich ... You would think these people get a cut of each win with how over the top they react .... I hear the trick is to rack lines of coke up on your schmed and let davensnort remove them ......

Huck ,your incessant and constant references to other guys junk has reached an all time "creepy" level............if you ain't, you sure missed a great opportunity sport.

Barbecueboy
09-17-2015, 06:58 PM
Seriuosly, have you ever worked on a dlm before?

When a driver tells you that, he generally means that's all the throttle % he was using! NO ONE, not even Bloomer, will tell you he uses 100% throttle in a feature! You can only use all of that 900hp when the track is wet and tacky.

It's more than generally speaking, it's 100 % of what he is talking about.........other than the throttle and breaking a driver has no real way of knowing how hard he is pushing any othe component of the car.

So yes, when they talk about driving it 70,80,90 percent they are talking about the gas pedal.

davis2902
09-17-2015, 07:28 PM

I guess your motor doesn't have any cantilevers in it either..............

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-17-2015, 07:30 PM
I guess your motor does have any cantilevers in it either..............

Are you talking about his pedal car?

Barbecueboy
09-17-2015, 07:47 PM
I guess your motor doesn't have any cantilevers in it either..............

Depending on how loud and forceful he makes the vroom vroom sounds while racing the jack stand 100 the jaw bone could become a cantilever I guess???

chupp n bloomer fan
09-18-2015, 09:30 AM

This will make your day, after the world race jd said he was only running at 80%.It's the same thing, no matter what you wanna call it though. You got two glory holes, ones JD for you, others Bloomer for Huck, suck n dik is suckin dik. Acting like both are perfect, it is the same thing. And making excuses when either doesn't win, same deal. Don't call it nuthuggers, call it "loyal fans" if you want, same thing.

Don O Neal's car is owned by CBR, so?

Furthermore, if it was Bloomer that ran over JDs front end at Attica it'd have been the end of the world.

I picked Bloomer in my name at first because he is such a lightening rod, and I find it hilarious. JD is growing on me, after his drive at Eldora. But I still question how much is Kevin and Lee Roy and how much is JD.

Bloomers Tshirt trailer at Eldora and the reaction he got is all you need to know as to who is still number one in dirt late models. And if he acted like Richard Petty instead of Earnhardt/Tim Richmond, he wouldn't be such a lightening rod.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-18-2015, 09:33 AM
I'm curious if this was a pic of Bloomers lr, would we be so understanding and admiring it. I mean, a fukin lexan backed window net caused you guys to cream all over your keyboards, so what would this do?

Barbecueboy
09-18-2015, 10:15 AM
I didn't notice anything similar to the 6 car suspension underneath the 1 car when it was upside down......all that rumor stuff about them having the same set up must have been false.

Barbecueboy
09-18-2015, 10:17 AM
It's the same thing, no matter what you wanna call it though. You got two glory holes, ones JD for you, others Bloomer for Huck, suck n dik is suckin dik. Acting like both are perfect, it is the same thing. And making excuses when either doesn't win, same deal. Don't call it nuthuggers, call it "loyal fans" if you want, same thing.

Don O Neal's car is owned by CBR, so?

Furthermore, if it was Bloomer that ran over JDs front end at Attica it'd have been the end of the world.

I picked Bloomer in my name at first because he is such a lightening rod, and I find it hilarious. JD is growing on me, after his drive at Eldora. But I still question how much is Kevin and Lee Roy and how much is JD.

Bloomers Tshirt trailer at Eldora and the reaction he got is all you need to know as to who is still number one in dirt late models. And if he acted like Richard Petty instead of Earnhardt/Tim Richmond, he wouldn't be such a lightening rod.

Anybody that says bloomquist isn't the best ever to date is just in denial......