PDA

View Full Version : Track prep 2015 @ Brownstown Spdwy !!!

wfofan
09-17-2015, 01:57 PM
How's the track prep been this year, attended both Icebreaker & Jackson for several years straight but have not been in a few years due to the lack of track prep that become to common... Hope they aren't doing SOS...

ChrisNunn
09-17-2015, 02:53 PM
www.inthefastlaneproductions.com has all the races from there this year.

youll get differing opinions depending on different tastes. But what it all boils down to is there has been multiple grooves all year long, and some great racing.

Clayton_Wetter
09-17-2015, 03:03 PM
How's the track prep been this year, attended both Icebreaker & Jackson for several years straight but have not been in a few years due to the lack of track prep that become to common... Hope they aren't doing SOS...

The track has been as hard as a rock and pretty dusty, and blacker than the highway almost every week. If you like that kind of track prep then you will be pleased. If not, then you may well need to settle for that. Rain is forecasted for Saturday, so there may be hope after all.

Certain drivers and owners seem to keep winning the track prep squabble. They want it hard and slick. The paying fans should have the final say so, they foot the bill and deserve much better.

Hoosier_Dirt
09-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Watch www.inthefastlaneproductions.com videos and you can see for yourself. other than the Icebreaker it has been really good a racey.

Jeep_55_Wormer
09-17-2015, 03:19 PM
I go to the Icebreaker and Jackson every year. The track prep is hit and miss. The heats are usually the best racing of the night. Track locked down big time at the Icebreaker back in March. The track was multiple grooves at last year's Jackson but Bloomquist ran away with it. The forecasted rain Saturday morning is very interesting

wfofan
09-17-2015, 04:41 PM
Clayton, you sir are more than likely, the winner of this post... get fans n the stands and the h3ll with the rest... sad that promoters have lost sight with track prep...

luv racin
09-17-2015, 04:56 PM
Headed to the Jackson saturday if it doesn't rain it out. I was there in June I believe for the Summernationals race and it was an awesome race. Multiple grooves, passing everywhere, and program was ran good that night. Hoping for the same saturday

Clayton_Wetter
09-17-2015, 05:31 PM
Headed to the Jackson saturday if it doesn't rain it out. I was there in June I believe for the Summernationals race and it was an awesome race. Multiple grooves, passing everywhere, and program was ran good that night. Hoping for the same saturday

That race was the best one of the season. You did not see black from top to bottom that night did you?

In The Gas
09-17-2015, 08:24 PM

I agree the summer natl race was awesome. There was a 1 foot cushion at the top which was fast but if my memory serves me correctly Erb won it on the bottom. I don't see Lucus allowing this type of track but it sure would be nice if they could duplicate it.

hausman
09-17-2015, 08:45 PM
Guys - based on my research there will be like 17 cars in Brownstown this weekend…whats up?

Rollover
09-18-2015, 05:48 AM
Id say more then 17 cars will be there. My guess would be 30-35 cars

Clayton_Wetter
09-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Clayton, you sir are more than likely, the winner of this post... get fans n the stands and the h3ll with the rest... sad that promoters have lost sight with track prep...

WFOFAN did you make it to the race? Was that not disheartening to say the least?

ChrisNunn
09-20-2015, 03:49 PM
Yeah the winner came from 14th with cars using every inch of the track. God how disheartening. Now that I dont work there anymore, I can freely say youre a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ing idiot.

wfofan
09-20-2015, 07:45 PM
Wasn't as disappointing as most, track prep was as big of joke as ever, but JD and LiL Moran managed to get to the front, pretty much everyone else was holding check... they sprinkled ill water on the usual black surface and scratched bout half of the turns... 13 flat laps turned in hot laps when track was prepared as it should be but that went to hail quickly... tho I was more amazed by all the drivers that took the lead by go n high when everyone else was jus following the leader on bottom, then go n to bottom and losing the lead... happened n several heats, concys, and features in all divisions... but track was dusty and a mess as usual, but as Nunn said...JD made em think they did jus fine on not do n
Jack chitt to the track... so that will serve as the game plan again next time... Clayton, you won...Nunn close 2nd!

Kwd1253
09-20-2015, 07:53 PM
Did the mods and super stock race after the jackson 100? If, they did how good was the racing?

Clayton_Wetter
09-20-2015, 09:39 PM
Wasn't as disappointing as most, track prep was as big of joke as ever, but JD and LiL Moran managed to get to the front, pretty much everyone else was holding check... they sprinkled ill water on the usual black surface and scratched bout half of the turns... 13 flat laps turned in hot laps when track was prepared as it should be but that went to hail quickly... tho I was more amazed by all the drivers that took the lead by go n high when everyone else was jus following the leader on bottom, then go n to bottom and losing the lead... happened n several heats, concys, and features in all divisions... but track was dusty and a mess as usual, but as Nunn said...JD made em think they did jus fine on not do n
Jack chitt to the track... so that will serve as the game plan again next time... Clayton, you won...Nunn close 2nd!

Did you notice how Davenport was almost idling around the inside while most of the others were screaming high RPM down the straightaways? It seemed like a bunch of cars fighting a losing cause against the track. Got home looking like I just fell down a coal shaft also. lolha Feeling like sh!t today also.

noballsnobabies
09-21-2015, 06:36 AM
Moran from 18th to 3rd

luv racin
09-21-2015, 08:59 PM
NO the race wasn't like the summernationals race but it sure wasn't follow the leader either. Marlar and Moran was running down Davenport at the last just didnt have enough laps to get to him. Moran was flying around there at the end. Glad I spent the 30 bucks plus eating and gas to go there. Will certainly be back next yr.