PDA

View Full Version : Battle Of The Bluegrass Late Models returning in 2016 with Ultimate owner Stan Lester

HoosierDirtFan
09-17-2015, 02:21 PM
Battle Of The Bluegrass Returning in 2016 - From Dirt On Dirt.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Silent since ceasing operation after the 2009 season, the Battle Of The Bluegrass Late Model tour will return in 2016 under the Georgia-based Ultimate Super Late Model Series banner, Ultimate owner Stan Lester announced on Wednesday.

Lester plans a 2016 schedule of 12 to 15 races Ultimate Super Late Model Battle Of The Bluegrass Series, which will focus on tracks in and around Kentucky. The minimum purse for the regional tour will offer $3,000 to win and $400 to start with additional purse options of $4,000, $5,000, $7,500, and $10,000 to win for promoters.

"Now the great fans and drivers of Kentucky will once again have their own regional Super Late Model series. "Lester said. "I think the (Battle Of The Bluegrass) name still carries a lot of weight with it. We had our trademark attorney check into it with the state of Kentucky and the name was available, so we grabbed it up and now we are off to the races with building that brand/."

While Lester's Ultimate Series primarily raced at tracks in the Southeast, it has had a presence in Kentucky for the last two years, sanctioning the $15,000-to-win John Bradshaw Memorial at Ponderosa Speedway in Junction City, Kentucky. The event is expected back on the Ultimate schedule in 2016 and will also be part of the Battle Of The Bluegrass slate; in addition, Lester plans to give BoB regulars a chance to replace their worst finishes by entering major Ultimate sanctioned shows at Virginia Motor Speedway in Jamaica, Va. (the $10,000-to-win USA 100 and the $20,000-to-win King Of The Commonwealth).

Lester is looking to announce a Ultimate BoB schedule by January 2016 and is currently developing plans for the tour's points fund.

The original Battle Of The Bluegrass series ran from 2002-2009. Champions include Eddie Carrier Jr., Mike Marlar, Aaron Hatton, Tim Tungate, Mike, Jewell, and Victor Lee, and Marlar stands as the all-time winningest driver with 17 career victories.

shagger
09-17-2015, 10:47 PM
Battle Of The Bluegrass Returning in 2016 - From Dirt On Dirt.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Silent since ceasing operation after the 2009 season, the Battle Of The Bluegrass Late Model tour will return in 2016 under the Georgia-based Ultimate Super Late Model Series banner, Ultimate owner Stan Lester announced on Wednesday.Lester plans a 2016 schedule of 12 to 15 races Ultimate Super Late Model Battle Of The Bluegrass Series, which will focus on tracks in and around Kentucky. The minimum purse for the regional tour will offer $3,000 to win and $400 to start with additional purse options of $4,000, $5,000, $7,500, and $10,000 to win for promoters."Now the great fans and drivers of Kentucky will once again have their own regional Super Late Model series. "Lester said. "I think the (Battle Of The Bluegrass) name still carries a lot of weight with it. We had our trademark attorney check into it with the state of Kentucky and the name was available, so we grabbed it up and now we are off to the races with building that brand/."While Lester's Ultimate Series primarily raced at tracks in the Southeast, it has had a presence in Kentucky for the last two years, sanctioning the $15,000-to-win John Bradshaw Memorial at Ponderosa Speedway in Junction City, Kentucky. The event is expected back on the Ultimate schedule in 2016 and will also be part of the Battle Of The Bluegrass slate; in addition, Lester plans to give BoB regulars a chance to replace their worst finishes by entering major Ultimate sanctioned shows at Virginia Motor Speedway in Jamaica, Va. (the $10,000-to-win USA 100 and the $20,000-to-win King Of The Commonwealth).Lester is looking to announce a Ultimate BoB schedule by January 2016 and is currently developing plans for the tour's points fund.The original Battle Of The Bluegrass series ran from 2002-2009. Champions include Eddie Carrier Jr., Mike Marlar, Aaron Hatton, Tim Tungate, Mike, Jewell, and Victor Lee, and Marlar stands as the all-time winningest driver with 17 career victories.Thank you so much. I loved the series before and went to a bunch of the shows. Always wish i had the funds to get it up and running again myself. Mods or crates would be great to go with it. Dont know what all your rules are but allowing crates to race with the supers along with ct525 would really help numbers in this area. Wish you the very best, hope to see you at the track, i will be there. Can't wait.

bleedsbluer2
09-17-2015, 11:06 PM
Thank you so much. I loved the series before and went to a bunch of the shows. Always wish i had the funds to get it up and running again myself. Mods or crates would be great to go with it. Dont know what all your rules are but allowing crates to race with the supers along with ct525 would really help numbers in this area. Wish you the very best, hope to see you at the track, i will be there. Can't wait.

Letting crates,525,specs, race with supers would ruin it number 1 reason fans dislike paying for supers and watch crates plus they have a series like that it's called ray cook series and it's a bad format not fair for a crate driver to get same starting money as a super plus the spoiler and weight breaks that's all penalties against a super driver

deadringer
09-21-2015, 06:56 AM
Wow!! This could be interesting.

flagone
09-21-2015, 08:54 AM
Actually bleedsbluer2 the Southern All Stars have been mixing successfully for close to 20 years. The ULTIMATE Series and many of the others in the eastern half of the country have been doing it successfully as well. Guys with the less HP engines will be somewhat competitive particularly at smaller and slicker type tracks. But the big places and the ones that are super hooked up are going to favor the open engines every time.

Why would a fan care what engine a car has if it is competitive and they see good racing? I am not an engine fan, I am a race fan. I wouldn't care what engine they have as long as they race.

Barbecueboy
09-21-2015, 09:21 AM
Actually bleedsbluer2 the Southern All Stars have been mixing successfully for close to 20 years. The ULTIMATE Series and many of the others in the eastern half of the country have been doing it successfully as well. Guys with the less HP engines will be somewhat competitive particularly at smaller and slicker type tracks. But the big places and the ones that are super hooked up are going to favor the open engines every time.

Why would a fan care what engine a car has if it is competitive and they see good racing? I am not an engine fan, I am a race fan. I wouldn't care what engine they have as long as they race.

All excellent points...........a vast majority of casual fans won't even be able to tell who is running what under the hood.

Nobody is catching the open motors on the big 1/2 milers........but mix them up on the tracks you described and the racing is VERY good.

bleedsbluer2
09-21-2015, 06:58 PM
If that's the case them just make it for crates leave supers out besides unless the series gets tracks around eastern ky or southern Ohio involved there won't be a series cause there's no tracks except ponderosa and Richmond

W2Racing09
09-22-2015, 08:42 AM
If that's the case them just make it for crates leave supers out besides unless the series gets tracks around eastern ky or southern Ohio involved there won't be a series cause there's no tracks except ponderosa and Richmond

I'm sure there a bunch of SLM drivers out there right now wish you would just shut up. Anyone with half a brain knows giving the CT525 a big spoiler and a weight break still won't make it equal with an open motor. The only thing it does is bring a few more cars to the show and helps sell these races to the tracks -- you know, the businesses that are trying to make money doing this and who need enough cars to make paying a nice purse viable.

Thanks,
Jeff.

deez lug nuts
09-22-2015, 08:55 AM
Let hot laps with 4 cars be when qualifying happens.
All drivers must race heat races.
Invert the line ups in the heat races 4 positions
Double file restarts every race on the track.
Start the races at the flagstand when the green flag waves.