PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic: Bruton Smith open to having NASCAR Truck race at Charlotte Dirt Track.

HoosierDirtFan
09-17-2015, 07:39 PM
Just a bit off topic but found this interesting and thought I'd share it.

Article hinted that Knoxville might be on the schedule next year in 2016 due to NASCAR wanting to have a 2nd race for the trucks so the teams don't waste time for just one dirt race.

-

Link to article below.
http://www.motorsports.com/nascar-truck/news/charlotte-motor-speedway-open-to-hosting-truck-race-at-dirt-track/

DIRTisREALracin
09-17-2015, 08:11 PM
Ho boy.... NASCAR at Knoxville.... That would be..... Interesting....

Dante Toledo, OH
09-18-2015, 03:39 AM
He should run something on the dirt track in Charlotte. Beautiful facilities just sitting there 360 days a year.

zyoung25
09-18-2015, 07:47 AM
Someone finally noticed that the dirt deal drags a big crowd every year. Hope this happens, the Eldora truck race is one the most exciting nascar races of the year. It's the only one I look to watching.

Barbecueboy
09-18-2015, 08:00 AM
He should run something on the dirt track in Charlotte. Beautiful facilities just sitting there 360 days a year.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dmr37
09-18-2015, 09:08 AM

Rt66 in Joliet, same thing. Only used for demo derbies

zyoung25
09-18-2015, 06:35 PM
Rt66 in Joliet, same thing. Only used for demo derbies

They also use it for off road races. I was told they make more money during those derby shows than they do running it as a race track, and way less work.

Seems like a waste to me to have all of that built just to leave it ,and not use it for what it was built for.

jog49
09-18-2015, 06:43 PM
What is this NASCAR you talk about?

dirtdobber45
09-18-2015, 10:52 PM
That would be great if Bruton would be more like the 'grass roots racing' they talk about and have it in the heart of NASCAR maybe have the ARCA series on the undercard to make it better for the fans

427c.i.
09-19-2015, 09:00 AM
Why do it only 2-3 times per year? Why not have a truck race on dirt at every NASCAR track that has a dirt track? Vegas, Charlotte, Chicago, Talladega, Texas along with Eldora and Knoxville as stand alone events.
They could run the trucks on Friday nights on the cup weekend in conjunction with the two other series. Expand the dirt portion to 12 races a year. (Two at each facility with a dirt track and two stand alone events)

25drtrkr
09-19-2015, 09:11 AM
Why do it only 2-3 times per year? Why not have a truck race on dirt at every NASCAR track that has a dirt track? Vegas, Charlotte, Chicago, Talladega, Texas along with Eldora and Knoxville as stand alone events.
They could run the trucks on Friday nights on the cup weekend in conjunction with the two other series. Expand the dirt portion to 12 races a year. (Two at each facility with a dirt track and two stand alone events)

That gets my vote! That gives Bloomer plenty of races to perfect his swaybar-less setups!

1bbmft
09-19-2015, 10:23 AM
Word is swirling again about the rt 66 dirt track in Joliet having racing next year. With LaSalle going to only 5-6 races next year (and only specials) and no weekly dirt tracks in Northern Il (except Sycamore and they run there own classes)this could be the biggest thing since Santa Fe. Hope this is true, been let down before with the rumors.

I would love to see more dirt races for all 3 series of cars/trucks.

WisWildManFan
09-19-2015, 02:37 PM
Why do it only 2-3 times per year? Why not have a truck race on dirt at every NASCAR track that has a dirt track? Vegas, Charlotte, Chicago, Talladega, Texas along with Eldora and Knoxville as stand alone events. They could run the trucks on Friday nights on the cup weekend in conjunction with the two other series. Expand the dirt portion to 12 races a year. (Two at each facility with a dirt track and two stand alone events)Dirt tracks and asphalt tracks less than 1/2 miles. Live nascar short track racing regularly would be exciting