PDA

View Full Version : No, No Say It Ain't So

jog49
09-19-2015, 11:28 PM
Davenport Wins, Madden Wins, Ferguson Wins.....all Longhorns!

Raceready
09-20-2015, 12:18 AM
Not to mention Rick ( Scrub) Eckert winning the Woo race !

Barbecueboy
09-20-2015, 02:09 AM
All flukes................

25drtrkr
09-20-2015, 08:45 AM

Cheatin.....with them funny tars! LOL

Nasty55
09-20-2015, 08:51 AM

Cheatin.....with them funny tars! LOL

Got to be all cheated up and goat pissed on tars.... :D

25drtrkr
09-20-2015, 09:01 AM
Got to be all cheated up and goat pissed on tars.... :D

I heard ol Bloom bloom is tryin to get in the goat farmin biz! Any correlation, or is he just expanding his racing empire!...or as DB says, swear to God I did!

Highside Hustler25
09-20-2015, 09:25 AM
McCool and Stoval win in Black Diamonds

Arthur and Aikey win in Mastersbilts

Clay Daly wins in a Warrior

Pierce wins in a Pierce

So whats your point?:confused:

dirtdobber45
09-20-2015, 10:23 AM
Its jus a phase the Club 29s were the thing rockets the yr before that Bloomers 3 yrs ago etc jus a phase

Krooser
09-20-2015, 10:27 AM
Every dog has his day...

swartzman
09-20-2015, 11:07 AM
Pretty much every chassis builder has their time to shine whether it be locally or on the big stage. Just like everyone before them,it will be another chassis that everyone is chasing in the years to come.

MI Dirt Fan
09-20-2015, 11:16 AM
Look out for those GRT's. They be 3 wheelin' there way to the front again before you know

Barbecueboy
09-20-2015, 12:37 PM
Its jus a phase the Club 29s were the thing rockets the yr before that Bloomers 3 yrs ago etc jus a phase

Yep, the longhorn success is all luck.........all the wins are insignificant, mere flukes.

Not sure why anybody is even buying them ???

Barbecueboy
09-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Every dog has his day...

And some have weeks and months............mooooooooooo

zyoung25
09-20-2015, 12:45 PM
Look out for those GRT's. They be 3 wheelin' there way to the front again before you know

I would like to see them make a come back. They build a really good mod, just don't see many GRT lates now days. Payne does ok in the house car, Skip Arp is about the only other one I know that drives one.

MI Dirt Fan
09-20-2015, 02:59 PM
They still have a LM house car?

Josh Bayko
09-20-2015, 03:09 PM

Yeah. Jeremy Payne drives it.

zyoung25
09-20-2015, 03:12 PM

https://m.facebook.com/JeremyPayneRacing

Says house car driver for the mod and late model both.

NormP
09-20-2015, 03:16 PM
Yep, the longhorn success is all luck.........all the wins are insignificant, mere flukes.

Not sure why anybody is even buying them ???

Same thing everyone was saying about Club 29 last year.

Once you've been around the sport a while you notice that the chassis makers all take turns being the big dog. Nothing planned, that's just the way it works. Then everyone catches up until someone discovers the newest trick.

Barbecueboy
09-20-2015, 04:40 PM
Same thing everyone was saying about Club 29 last year.

Once you've been around the sport a while you notice that the chassis makers all take turns being the big dog. Nothing planned, that's just the way it works. Then everyone catches up until someone discovers the newest trick.

But I read on 4m that all the chassis were basically the same???? And that the Longhorns in particular only worked well for one team????

IceCowart
09-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Chew on this trick. Ever Longhorn sold has won in it first 3 races the driver has had it.

LMPunk
09-20-2015, 05:10 PM
Chew on this trick. Ever Longhorn sold has won in it first 3 races the driver has had it.

Marlar never did win in his in the few times he ran it this year.

play4kps
09-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Marlar is in a Capital race car!

25drtrkr
09-20-2015, 05:40 PM
Marlar is in a Capital race car!

He had a Longhorn for a short period and didn't run well at all.

Barbecueboy
09-20-2015, 05:59 PM
He had a Longhorn for a short period and didn't run well at all.

No,body really runs well in them...........Any wins or good showings have all been a result of longhorn good luck and the misfortunes of others.

I hear they are unprofitable , on the ropes and about to be acquired in a hostile takeover..........read it right here on 4m.

Those guys in that longhorn camp must really be scratching their heads trying to figure out why they arent successful.

Feel sorry for them really.

Josh Bayko
09-20-2015, 06:32 PM

If that's the case, Chub, Boom and Marlar's car owner would like their money back.

seifertfan2
09-20-2015, 07:44 PM
As much as i like Chris, he didnt win in his til his 5th race, but they are good cars and the drivers in them are good as well. Those 3 guys have won in other brands as well.

Highside Hustler25
09-20-2015, 07:57 PM
If that's the case, Chub, Boom and Marlar's car owner would like their money back.

lol...................

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-20-2015, 08:09 PM
Longhorns dont drive themselves to wins

CarolinaDirt
09-20-2015, 09:21 PM
Marlar never did win in his in the few times he ran it this year.

No but Randy Weaver won a 10k Lucas race in it

IceCowart
09-20-2015, 11:45 PM
CD is spot on Weaver won in it the 1st time he drove it. The car Marlar sold back to him.

IceCowart
09-20-2015, 11:52 PM
oh yeh Madden raced 3 races in a row at the big E 3rd race at another track boom win.
Vic Hill 2nd race win
Derek Ellis 3rd race win
Casey Roberts 1st race win
Rambo 1st race win
Arron Ridley 3rd race win and 3in a row
Weaver 1st race and 7 in row
Little John Owenby 2nd race win and 3 in row
Eckert 3 race win and a lot of folks were saying he had lost it not any more.

LMPunk
09-21-2015, 06:31 AM
http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/393/3936684/2929875-1657360751-facep.jpg

Highside Hustler25
09-21-2015, 12:20 PM
oh yeh Madden raced 3 races in a row at the big E 3rd race at another track boom win.
Vic Hill 2nd race win
Derek Ellis 3rd race win
Casey Roberts 1st race win
Rambo 1st race win
Arron Ridley 3rd race win and 3in a row
Weaver 1st race and 7 in row
Little John Owenby 2nd race win and 3 in row
Eckert 3 race win and a lot of folks were saying he had lost it not any more.

and Chub won his first night out:rolleyes:

Barbecueboy
09-21-2015, 12:36 PM
What ever the case about who won on which might out......it's all luck.

The longhorn chassis is really insignificant and highly over rated........ask anybody that's not in one or some of the 4m experts.

NormP
09-21-2015, 05:05 PM
and Chub won his first night out:rolleyes:

That's what he said. He said EVERY longhorn sold has won in its first 3 races!! We just didn't hear about Marlar, Frank, and Briggs. They raced in secret races where the winner wasn't allowed to be revealed! Don't bring facts into this debate HH.

They sure seem to be an awesome car, no doubt about it. And in a year or two there will be another awesome car. It's part of what makes racing interesting.

I'm more of a driver fan than a chassis fan personally.

Barbecueboy
09-21-2015, 05:27 PM
Jumper,,, they pretty much have too... Cuz there ain't no way an average driver like JD could win all he has so far if they didn't!! :p

Average???? When did he get elevated to average............according to the experts he is nothing more than a regional throttle jockey.

I read it right here on 4 m??

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-21-2015, 08:40 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Roy View Post
"Jumper,,, they pretty much have too... Cuz there ain't no way an average driver like JD could win all he has so far if they didn't!!"

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goooooooooooooooooo Rebel Roy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! HAHAHAHAhaaaaaaa........
Last edited by Chrissy Nunn; 07-21-1915 at 06:57 PM.

Hey chrissy good to hear from ya. I see you havent changed

I heard you won the 50/50 at the dream. Any truth?

dirtMAN007
09-21-2015, 11:36 PM
What happened "Chrissy" did you go Caitlyn on us ?

Highside Hustler25
09-22-2015, 05:00 AM
[QUOTE=NormP;1957461I'm more of a driver fan than a chassis fan personally.[/QUOTE]

most race fans are. Notice I said most.

Barbecueboy
09-22-2015, 08:10 AM
most race fans are. Notice I said most.

Most casual grandstand fans are .......most of the people affiliated with teams, sponsors and some tracks have a vested interest in what chassis the driver is in.

Many on 4m are much more than just casual fans.

Highside Hustler25
09-22-2015, 05:20 PM
Most casual grandstand fans are .......most of the people affiliated with teams, sponsors and some tracks have a vested interest in what chassis the driver is in.

Many on 4m are much more than just casual fans.

Guess I'm just a casual fan. Not sure if thats good or bad:confused:

I'm was a Jimmy Owens fan before he jumped to a black diamond and I am still a fan today.

BTExpress
09-22-2015, 05:33 PM
Being a fairly new DLM fan, I kind of like the whole chassis debate that goes on with this board. I guess it is the Chevy vs Ford mentality in a weird sort of way. Speaking of chassis, can anyone tell me what kind of chassis Brandon Overton is currently running on the WoO trail. I thought I read somewhere that he started the season off running a MBH?

Barbecueboy
09-22-2015, 06:30 PM
Guess I'm just a casual fan. Not sure if thats good or bad:confused:

I'm was a Jimmy Owens fan before he jumped to a black diamond and I am still a fan today.

Not a bad thing at all......just saying that people more closely associated with teams , sponsorship of said teams or affiliated in some other way are more apt to get into the chassis debate.

I have a personal dislike for a certain chassis makers owner but am still good with some of the drivers that drive his stuff........

And I'd be a fan of jimmys if he started driving soap box derby cars...........understand completely what you mean.

The whole chassis thing with me and the longhorn is that I was on board when they were producing stump holders that Earl and Brad were driving...........killed me to see epj struggling so mightily, but I never really gave up on them or the vision.

And just got destroyed when I went to bat for them on the rare good showings .......now that they have turned the corner and actually make a fine piece I'm certainly not going to back away from a discussion where they are dismissed as flukes and a one man show.................are there some bandwagon jumping , fair weather longhorn fans out there????

Sure are.........I ain't one of them.

The steaks I used to put on the black eyes I received for supporting them back then are now enjoyed medium rare right after victory lane celebrations.

Barbecueboy
09-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Being a fairly new DLM fan, I kind of like the whole chassis debate that goes on with this board. I guess it is the Chevy vs Ford mentality in a weird sort of way. Speaking of chassis, can anyone tell me what kind of chassis Brandon Overton is currently running on the WoO trail. I thought I read somewhere that he started the season off running a MBH?

Seems like Brandon has had the chassis de jour on his run with the woo.....his own stuff which I think is mbh, bairds stuff ( club I think)and I believe even sat in some other drivers backup stuff for a race or two........

Young man will drive about anything, anywhere.........I can see why he has such a nice fan base.

Josh Bayko
09-22-2015, 07:20 PM
Seems like Brandon has had the chassis de jour on his run with the woo.....his own stuff which I think is mbh, bairds stuff ( club I think)and I believe even sat in some other drivers backup stuff for a race or two........

Young man will drive about anything, anywhere.........I can see why he has such a nice fan base.

I think the Baird car is a Bloomer car. Other than that, he's been running mostly the MBH, either his, or Billy Vacek's #32. He did run somebody's backup car a couple of times, but I can't remember whose they were.

Highside Hustler25
09-22-2015, 08:38 PM
I think the Baird car is a Bloomer car. Other than that, he's been running mostly the MBH, either his, or Billy Vacek's #32. He did run somebody's backup car a couple of times, but I can't remember whose they were.

That backup ride was a BWRC compliments of Benji Cranford. I thought he was currently racing a Club 29 owned by JR Haley out of Wisconsin and had one on order. That was a while ago.

Geaux57j
09-23-2015, 09:35 AM
Anyone that knows anything about racing knows that it doesn't matter one bit what chassis a driver is in if all things related aren't in place (setup, shocks, engine, tires, etc....)!!!! Oh, and if the driver can't wheel a car, all of that won't matter anyway. I, personally, am behind my driver no matter what he drives, but his 2015 stats don't lie. The Club 29 that was just sold had 16 races on it. All were Top 10s (15 Top 5s with 8 wins). Brand new Club 29 has two races on it with TWO wins...JS :D

Barbecueboy
09-23-2015, 10:26 AM
Anyone that knows anything about racing knows that it doesn't matter one bit what chassis a driver is in if all things related aren't in place (setup, shocks, engine, tires, etc....)!!!! Oh, and if the driver can't wheel a car, all of that won't matter anyway. I, personally, am behind my driver no matter what he drives, but his 2015 stats don't lie. The Club 29 that was just sold had 16 races on it. All were Top 10s (15 Top 5s with 8 wins). Brand new Club 29 has two races on it with TWO wins...JS :D
True, but everybody can't wheel it like Bub can........for some drivers chassis response and driving style make a world of difference with the package performance.

Bottom line is winners win and don't make excuses when they don't...........don't know that I've ever heard bubbalicious ever offer up any excuses, he just goes out there and does it.

Of course ,you already knew that, lol.

Kwd1253
09-23-2015, 10:31 AM
Well amanda not every driver is on bubs level ;) js... i do a agree to most of this
Anyone that knows anything about racing knows that it doesn't matter one bit what chassis a driver is in if all things related aren't in place (setup, shocks, engine, tires, etc....)!!!! Oh, and if the driver can't wheel a car, all of that won't matter anyway. but i have to say it takes a great driver/crew cheif that can jump into any chassic and win. Look at tmac he can wheel a car but that cant fifure that rocket out. To me chassic do matter to some degree, its how fast and easy you can pick up on it. Then if you really got set up to a T, you can start modifying that chassic. But like i said at first not every driver/crew on level bubs,Jd,scott, ect. If you asked bub what he thinks about some chassic he might call one a piece of junk. But im sure you already know which one he doesnt like at all lol. I know msccs not over yet, bub got it locked down. Cong. on the hard work yall put into winning the msccs.