PDA

View Full Version : Knoxville Nationals

Dirt Draggin
09-20-2015, 06:16 PM
Only Crown Jewel I have missed. What is their R/O date for Sat. night's race? I know the weather looks good but I would like to plan ahead since I have a 12-14 hr drive! Thanks for any advise for this race!

huskerdirt
09-20-2015, 06:58 PM
Only Crown Jewel I have missed. What is their R/O date for Sat. night's race? I know the weather looks good but I would like to plan ahead since I have a 12-14 hr drive! Thanks for any advise for this race!

They will do everything possible to get Saturday in. Last time it rained out was in 2009 (I think). They ended up running on Sunday starting in the late afternoon.

bloomy18018
09-20-2015, 07:00 PM
The year it rained all weekend they ran a full 1 day show Sunday, I believe they started @ 2pm

Dirt Draggin
09-20-2015, 07:34 PM
Thanks husker and bloomy- that is the info I was looking for!

Bubstr
09-20-2015, 08:43 PM
You should really try to get to at least one of the two preliminary nights. The racing is too good to miss, if you like passing.

thugcat32
09-20-2015, 09:01 PM
Feature is usually real good but my favorite nights are Thursday and friday

dirt33
09-20-2015, 09:03 PM
I'm excited to get there for the prelim nights this year. This is always a busy time of work for me, so I have only been able to make Saturday nights in past years. Each year, it has burned me as I know that Thursday and Friday are killer racing. Plus, Dingus...

Dirt Draggin
09-20-2015, 09:11 PM
Thanks guys. I am going all 3 nights-didn't mean to insinuate I was just going Sat.! If I'm gonna drive that far,I want the hat trick for sure!

bloomy18018
09-21-2015, 01:47 AM
Remember to keep in mind that the pits are open to general public @ 2 or 3 each day (check schedule) no extra charge...

Dirt Draggin
09-21-2015, 08:26 AM
Remember to keep in mind that the pits are open to general public @ 2 or 3 each day (check schedule) no extra charge...Great,I had no idea! Sounds like I need to move closer.Thanks for the info

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-21-2015, 09:16 AM
Thanks guys. I am going all 3 nights-didn't mean to insinuate I was just going Sat.! If I'm gonna drive that far,I want the hat trick for sure!

The #6 will be fun to watch like him or not

bullring
09-21-2015, 09:41 AM
I have a format question. Is Saturday night only D, C, B, and A mains?

vande07
09-21-2015, 09:52 AM
I have a format question. Is Saturday night only D, C, B, and A mains?

yep, and hotlaps for all cars as well (they hotlap D and C main, then run D-main, hot lap B main, run C-main, Hot lap A main, Run B-main, Driver Intros for feature and run 100 lapper.

Full format/purse, etc. is at www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Event/late-model-nationals

Bubstr
09-21-2015, 10:29 AM
Visit the hall of fame museum on turn two. Lots of neat stuff there and usually on sat, there are retired stock car drivers talking about days past in the early afternoon.

TJ Slideway go kart rental, just north of town on highway 14 is interesting. You can see the grandstand racers show just how easy it really is.

Dingus bar, across hy 14, from the track, isn't as crazy as the good old days, is still fun and you may run into your favorite racer, or not, there after the races.

Seems last year there was live entertainment on Fri. or Sat. night, just outside the pit entrance, after the races. Not sure if that's a every year occurrence. The band wasn't too bad. One thing for sure, there is always more stuff to do, than there is time to do it.

bullring
09-21-2015, 01:26 PM
yep, and hotlaps for all cars as well (they hotlap D and C main, then run D-main, hot lap B main, run C-main, Hot lap A main, Run B-main, Driver Intros for feature and run 100 lapper.

Full format/purse, etc. is at www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Event/late-model-nationals

Thanks. Do all cars run both preliminary nights or do they split them up like they do for the sprint nationals?

MotoMatt
09-21-2015, 01:39 PM
Everyone runs both nights of qualifying.

ropin101
09-21-2015, 04:46 PM
This will be our first trip to Knoxville, can you purchase single suite tickets? if not what section do you recommend?

Bubstr
09-21-2015, 06:33 PM
This will be our first trip to Knoxville, can you purchase single suite tickets? if not what section do you recommend?

There is not really a bad seat in the house, except for low in turn one. The mud clods can get you. Most buy general admission and self up grade after the races start. Your going to like the seating there. The draw back to top row is usually a cold breeze, but weather is looking real good for this year. Real low and some of the infield Haulers hide some of the track.

I watched from a suite once. A friend had one for the season. I prefer the noise of the grandstands.

Camper is cleaned and packed. Throw some clothes together and fill coolers tomorrow. Off to the races Wed.

plunks7
09-21-2015, 07:29 PM
There is not really a bad seat in the house, except for low in turn one. The mud clods can get you. Most buy general admission and self up grade after the races start. Your going to like the seating there. The draw back to top row is usually a cold breeze, but weather is looking real good for this year. Real low and some of the infield Haulers hide some of the track.

I watched from a suite once. A friend had one for the season. I prefer the noise of the grandstands.

Camper is cleaned and packed. Throw some clothes together and fill coolers tomorrow. Off to the races Wed.

Bubstr are you going to Dingus on Wed? I will be there.

Bubstr
09-22-2015, 01:02 PM
Bubstr are you going to Dingus on Wed? I will be there.

I may do that, depending on when the rest of my crew gets there.

CRK
09-22-2015, 02:05 PM
I think we sat in row 22 last year and turn 3 was partially blocked by a few haulers so try to be up a little higher if you can. Seating is awesome. Nice to have a seat back. I recommend the sprint HOF and auction on Saturday. The pits being accessible most of the weekend is pretty cool too. Get a tenderloin outside front stretch. Dingus is fun after prelim nights. Talked to some drivers last year while having a few cold ones. I can't make it this year so I'm jealous. Be safe and have fun all!

TUTY
09-22-2015, 03:55 PM
Haulers in the infield cool but it sure sucks when finding a spot to sit.

huskerdirt
09-22-2015, 04:10 PM

Not really.

The only bad spots are below like row 15. Virtually nobody is that low until Saturday night.

Want haulers out of the infield? Show up in droves all 3 days and fill that front grandstand up.

Clayton_Wetter
09-22-2015, 04:38 PM
Warm and no chance of rain all three days! Super chance of having a great turnout of fans and cars! Wish I could be there.

TUTY
09-22-2015, 04:43 PM
Huskerdirt, I haven't been on here for 2 years and your still a bitch !!!!!! And a no it all, I feel sorry for your family if you have one.

plunks7
09-22-2015, 04:49 PM
I may do that, depending on when the rest of my crew gets there.

We will get there later ourselves. I will have a Brady Smith hat on with a bright orange Silver Dollar Nationals shirt.

klemmabyna
09-22-2015, 09:12 PM
Clayton_Wetter: you need to make this trip next year. Knoxville might ruin your enjoyment of the sport because this place provides incredible racing. but at least you would be able to say you've been there!

Clayton_Wetter
09-22-2015, 09:47 PM
Clayton_Wetter: you need to make this trip next year. Knoxville might ruin your enjoyment of the sport because this place provides incredible racing. but at least you would be able to say you've been there!

I know sir Klem. I have no doubt that it would be better racing than Eldora also!

fryefan
09-22-2015, 10:05 PM
Huskerdirt, I haven't been on here for 2 years and your still a bitch !!!!!! And a no it all, I feel sorry for your family if you have one.

Feel free to take another 2 year vacation. Your negativity was not missed.

huskerdirt
09-22-2015, 10:37 PM

It takes a b!tch to call someone a b!tch.

You know nothing about me. If you actually went to this race you wouldn't have been so butt hurt about what I said.

huskerdirt
09-22-2015, 10:40 PM
There is much to say of what you call negative bud!

I see the positive in that post by Tuty, more ways then one, In fact, I will bet the house that the majority of 4m'ers do too!!!

... Good Day.

There was a lot of positive while you were gone. And I mean that in more ways than one. I believe the majority of 4mers would agree.

huskerdirt
09-22-2015, 10:58 PM
Believe what ya want Earl ole buddy... :D

I've read what's been said here of you, and I know the truth!!! :p

Then you would know the truth about yourself.

huskerdirt
09-22-2015, 11:05 PM
I surly do, and I know the truth you know of yourself hurts, or should...

Not really.

People like you are a cancer to sites like this. You contribute absolutely nothing other than trolling everybody and causing problems. There is a reason you on your 50 different username and conitune you wanna bring up sh!t from 2 years ago.

huskerdirt
09-22-2015, 11:07 PM
Husker... you're a bittch ass pusssy and everyone on here can see that. You want that in your face???

Just let me know punk!! :cool:

Absolutely. Just let me know what user name you are gonna be firing from, because your current will vanish very soon.

huskerdirt
09-22-2015, 11:34 PM
Let me know where you want that in your face b!tch... Lol

Must've be pretty small if you are asking where on my face I want it.

vande07
09-23-2015, 10:52 AM

I agree Tuty. I'm not a fan of the haulers in the pit area (because you miss parts of the track if you don't sit high enough), at any racetrack.

It is especially true during the Late Model Nationals due to everyone having a Toter Home. Isn't a big deal for weekly races as there are enough "small" enclosed trailers that you can put all the large ones in the middle and sightlines are ok.

But, it's subjective. Some may not mind the haulers blocking their view of a turn or part of the back straightaway (if they deal with every week at a local track they attend, they don't even notice).

Hope you have a good time at whatever event you attend this week (my guess is Deer Creek for Mods which should be a great show). Hopefully all that rain headed that way doesn't mess their weekend up.

waaac77
09-23-2015, 01:16 PM
I don't mind the haulers plus it's only an issue if you have to sit really low and I don't see the LM nationals filling up anytime too soon. It's a great race, been once but it won't draw like the sprints ever. One year at the sprint nationals I had to sit in row 9 in turn 1 and could even then just see the top of their wings at times on the backstretch over their tents. I really didn't think it was a big deal but hated how I got stuck down there that year.

Clayton_Wetter
09-23-2015, 03:49 PM
No truer words have been spoken here TUTY!!! However it goes without saying of Husky's inability to be anything but a natural born B!TCH!!!! :DAnd thats the facts!! ;)
http://blogs.colum.edu/marginalia/files/2014/12/seal-of-approval.jpg

Clayton_Wetter
09-23-2015, 03:50 PM

http://blogs.colum.edu/marginalia/files/2014/12/seal-of-approval.jpg

TUTY
09-23-2015, 06:21 PM
Thanks guys wasn't trying to be a problem. But I will say if you need to be above the first 15 rows that mean 1/3 off the seats are obstructed. I'll be there all 3 nights instead of sitting on my butt at home.

hausman
09-23-2015, 08:43 PM
really guys?

hausman
09-23-2015, 08:44 PM
If anyone is hating on 4M; get off of it and move on…life is too short boys

hausman
09-23-2015, 09:51 PM
That's what I thought…no one mans up; they bitch then coward away…this stuff drives me nuts…

MotoMatt
09-23-2015, 09:58 PM
biches be biches...for anyone complaining about seeing a toter, come up to Ames and watch my kids so I can enjoy some live racing...I will be watching friday maybe on dirt on dirt, but can't make the show for only the second time since 2006...keep complaining boys...keep complaining

TUTY
09-23-2015, 10:05 PM
Should be a good show with hopefully great weather.

Barbecueboy
09-23-2015, 10:33 PM
4 m just a microcosm of the world we live in...........

Some people speak there minds ,some people are hall monitors......

The hall monitors have all the power.........

Aaaaaaaand we all get trophies..........

Barbecueboy
09-23-2015, 10:39 PM
Oh, and the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) show is going to be ridiculous............I'm kinda feeling this is going to be yin/yan kind of a weekend with the prelims being better shows than the feature.