PDA

View Full Version : Clanton woo champ

IceCowart
09-22-2015, 11:47 PM
well its all but lets start and im the champ way to go coca nut!

Slideways
09-24-2015, 09:48 AM
Alright Shane!!!

Josh Bayko
09-24-2015, 09:54 AM
He had an incredibly consistent year. Gotta give a lot of credit to that.

Also, with all the talk about Longhorn race cars, how good Capital race cars have been this season got lost in the shuffle.

fastford
09-24-2015, 10:57 AM
this is true josh, I have always had a lot of respect for shane and crew. One thing in particular I like about capital, they have tried to keep cost reasonable, you can buy a capital chassis and front components for 2/3rds of what a long horn will cost you. My congrats to shane and crew....

Barbecueboy
09-24-2015, 11:26 AM
this is true josh, I have always had a lot of respect for shane and crew. One thing in particular I like about capital, they have tried to keep cost reasonable, you can buy a capital chassis and front components for 2/3rds of what a long horn will cost you. My congrats to shane and crew....

You can also win 2/3 of the amount of races too...........

Great year for coconut, but , just sayin.........

fastford
09-24-2015, 11:42 AM
if I knew that for sure I would order one today and take that 2/3rds in a minute.

Drop Shock
09-24-2015, 03:32 PM

Tell that to marlar. Longhorns are obviously fast, but they are not so far ahead of everybody else as some think

FlatTire
09-24-2015, 04:11 PM
Funny how there is all this noise about longhorns and blck diamonds creating a buying frenzy but not alot about capital with clanton and marlar doing very well.

Barbecueboy
09-24-2015, 04:41 PM
Tell that to marlar. Longhorns are obviously fast, but they are not so far ahead of everybody else as some think

Except for in purse winnings and total visits to the podium........but those really don't mean anything I guess?

Barbecueboy
09-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Funny how there is all this noise about longhorns and blck diamonds creating a buying frenzy but not alot about capital with clanton and marlar doing very well.

There will be..........capitols are another fine piece..........takes more than a handful of drivers to be in them.

25drtrkr
09-24-2015, 05:01 PM
Congrats to Shane and Capital. That's pretty impressive, considering he has been a 1 car team all year! I thought Josh would roll right on by once he shook the rust off.

You gotta any of those crow recipes, bbcboy! LOL

Josh Bayko
09-24-2015, 06:06 PM
Congrats to Shane and Capital. That's pretty impressive, considering he has been a 1 car team all year! I thought Josh would roll right on by once he shook the rust off.

You gotta any of those crow recipes, bbcboy! LOL

Once Josh shook the rust off, he gained pretty quickly. It was just too late to catch Shane by the time he got comfortable again. The battle between he and Shane next year should be really interesting. If Lanigan comes back to the WoO full time with new equipment, that'll make it even more interesting.

zyoung25
09-24-2015, 06:55 PM
Im just happy to see 2 different names at the top of both racing series. I don't think going into 2015 anyone would've picked Clanton and Davenport to win the titles, or even be leading the points. Clanton has always had good strong runs, just never could put a full season together.

Drop Shock
09-24-2015, 08:32 PM
Except for in purse winnings and total visits to the podium........but those really don't mean anything I guess?

Just because they knock down a bunch of races in one year, everyone should bow down and get a longhorn. Remember when Birky and Mars had everyone in the pits as spooked as JD and Rumley have them now? Boy that sure lasted forever. I'm sure you'll have some kind of half sarcastic unfunny nothing comment to make, so go ahead fatboy

Matt49
09-24-2015, 08:42 PM
Winning races sells cars. But the cars you sell don't win races if you can't support them.

Barbecueboy
09-24-2015, 10:12 PM
Just because they knock down a bunch of races in one year, everyone should bow down and get a longhorn. Remember when Birky and Mars had everyone in the pits as spooked as JD and Rumley have them now? Boy that sure lasted forever. I'm sure you'll have some kind of half sarcastic unfunny nothing comment to make, so go ahead fatboy
No , have never said that once........ever.

But in the same breath they shouldn't be dismissed as flukes like you guys do either....

They have earned some much deserved respect for their persistence and outstanding record against the much more established and deep pocketed chassis competitors they face.

Just admit it it, there (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good pieces and luck, funny tires,cheated up shocks and every other excuse throw out there to dismiss them as one hit wonders have absolutely nothing to do with the success......

And fatboy, really???? It comes across kind of gay when a fat guy calls another fat guy fat..........just sayin.

Barbecueboy
09-24-2015, 10:46 PM
Shane is a great asset to the woo , they are very lucky to have him as the champ......

Speaking of champs, has anybody heard who won at Knoxville tonight????

SnakeX3
09-24-2015, 10:48 PM
The WoO could have used ol' Shane out there to represent for them tonight since only Heckenast Jr finished on the lead lap out of the WoO regulars at Knoxville and he was the last car on the lead lap.

Barbecueboy
09-24-2015, 10:56 PM
The WoO could have used ol' Shane out there to represent for them tonight since only Heckenast Jr finished on the lead lap out of the WoO regulars at Knoxville and he was the last car on the lead lap.

Woo is fine......they are every bit as good as the Lucas guys.

I heard it right here on 4m from the experts.

SnakeX3
09-24-2015, 11:15 PM

I don't consider myself an expert or think I know more then anyone else, but the facts are that head to head the WoO regulars aren't getting it done vs them Lucas boys this year. No knock on Shane...or anyone really. I think Clanton had a great season and I'm happy he won the championship. I'm glad he got it done in a Capital. It's just a shame he wasn't in Knoxville to represent his series. I like to see the best competing.

mud duck
09-25-2015, 01:30 AM

That's right BB!! That Rocket house car that everyone thought would win everything in site this year with the Rocketkid back knows what they were talking about!! They almost guaranteed it!! Heck, the rest of the Outlaw guys might as well stayed home this year. I believe tonight Mark brought that same anchor they left at Eldora?? If the rumor was true about him buying into the Longhorn/Rumley deal, he might want to ask for his money back? or Maybe their just working the kinks out??

clanton25fan
09-26-2015, 04:40 PM
What caused you to change your tune about Shane Barbequeboy? I remember not too long ago you couldn't stand him and wanted him to crash out of every race. Just curious.

Highside Hustler25
09-26-2015, 05:30 PM
Shane is a great asset to the woo , they are very lucky to have him as the champ......

Speaking of champs, has anybody heard who won at Knoxville tonight????

Chad Simpson:cool:

t3r3e3
09-26-2015, 05:44 PM

Last time I checked Mike Marlar has run far better (and won more races and purse money) since switching from Longhorn to Capital. Other than Weaver early (cooled way off) and Davenport's historic season, Longhorn hasn't been any better than Capital or Black Diamond or Bloomquist. Davenport is the tide that is raising the rest of the Longhorn fleet, but guys like Chub and Boom Briggs still look like 3 legged dogs every week.

t3r3e3
09-26-2015, 05:47 PM

One guy is driving the podium and purse visits. One guy. Take him out of the equation and the Longhorn camp isn't any better this year than Capitol/Black Diamond/Bloomquist. Weaver started hot and has come back to earth. You seem to be missing the point others are trying to make.

mud duck
09-26-2015, 06:33 PM
I will say this Longhorn has got it going and alot guys don't want to give them their due and just like BB says, you basically dismiss them and "their just a flavor" of the year!! There is a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) log list of guys who are winning in them!! Will it last into next year?? Nobody knows!! But, it's just not the Rumleys and Davenpoet winning in them!! They might be winning the money shows but look at what Weaver, Roberts, Ferguson, Eckert, and now Madden looks good!! That's just a few I listed!! They are one of the top builders right now!! We all can argue this or that, but one thing I know for sure they are handing Rocket their @sses this year. It always nice to see that house car on the truck when the feature is rolling or starting in the back of the field!!

zyoung25
09-26-2015, 08:15 PM
One guy is driving the podium and purse visits. One guy. Take him out of the equation and the Longhorn camp isn't any better this year than Capitol/Black Diamond/Bloomquist. Weaver started hot and has come back to earth. You seem to be missing the point others are trying to make.

Chris Ferguson, Eckert, Roberts, and Madden? Nah they haven't had good season since getting one. You keep throwing this stuff out there about Marlar not running well in the longhorn. He ran like 5 races in that car. Fall 50, both wold finals shows, and 2 races earlier in the year and Delk sold the car without Mike knowing. I'm no banwagon fan, but longhorn has had a better season than any other chassis out there. It's not just because one guys success. Guys like Dustin Mitchell who runs regionally in NC has had a great year switch switching to the longhorn. No Chub and Boom havent done well, but what has either of them done in years? There's a bunch more guys out there that have made the switch to those cars and have won, or have atleast improved their results since switching than guys that haven't ran well in them.

It may just be the flavor of the year, it happens every year. They've all had them at some point in time. It just seems like the longhorn deal is looked down upon by some for some reason, it must be because of like BBQ talks a lot and people don't like it I guess. Can't deny facts guys....

t3r3e3
09-26-2015, 10:52 PM
Chris Ferguson, Eckert, Roberts, and Madden? Nah they haven't had good season since getting one. You keep throwing this stuff out there about Marlar not running well in the longhorn. He ran like 5 races in that car. Fall 50, both wold finals shows, and 2 races earlier in the year and Delk sold the car without Mike knowing. I'm no banwagon fan, but longhorn has had a better season than any other chassis out there. It's not just because one guys success. Guys like Dustin Mitchell who runs regionally in NC has had a great year switch switching to the longhorn. No Chub and Boom havent done well, but what has either of them done in years? There's a bunch more guys out there that have made the switch to those cars and have won, or have atleast improved their results since switching than guys that haven't ran well in them.

It may just be the flavor of the year, it happens every year. They've all had them at some point in time. It just seems like the longhorn deal is looked down upon by some for some reason, it must be because of like BBQ talks a lot and people don't like it I guess. Can't deny facts guys....

The guys that run well in them have won plenty of races in other chassis as well. All those guys you trotted out have been winning the last few years (except Eckert) in other stuff as well. They switched this year or later last year and have run well. That being said, the upper echelon guys win in pretty much anything they hop in that's well built.

I'm not bashing Longhorn, far from it. It will likely be the hands down chassis of the year in 2015. That being said, plenty of guys have also run well in the Capital/Black Diamond/Bloomquist/MBH/Pierce stuff this year, and locally, in the Swartz. No reason to look down on Longhorn.

zyoung25
09-26-2015, 10:57 PM
Ferguson wasn't winning at the rate he is now.

Barbecueboy
09-27-2015, 08:28 AM
What caused you to change your tune about Shane Barbequeboy? I remember not too long ago you couldn't stand him and wanted him to crash out of every race. Just curious.

I took somebody's advice( maybe yours , can't remember)........took the time to meet him.

That , and he kicked the sht out of. The rocket guys all year......

Barbecueboy
09-27-2015, 08:30 AM
Ferguson wasn't winning at the rate he is now.

Don't. Bother zyoung..........just let them keep on dismissing.

Bubstr
09-27-2015, 06:47 PM
Some people put way too much stock in a particular chassis bran. Sure some have a advantage from time to time, but are usually short lived. Too short to hop to the latest and greatest every couple months. There will always be a great driver and crew that will make any pile of black iron pipe, do what they want it to. If they fall behind some, they will catch up. It's always been this way and I don't see it changing any time soon. Just where are the Howe chassis fans now or Sanger, Jigalo, Tri City BUGGY, CJ Rayburn, Bulet and the list goes on.

clanton25fan
09-27-2015, 10:10 PM
I took somebody's advice( maybe yours , can't remember)........took the time to meet him.

That , and he kicked the sht out of. The rocket guys all year......

Good deal. I figured if you met him you would see he's good people. I second that on kicking of wonder boys butt this year.