PDA

View Full Version : September 23, 2003

flagone
09-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Today marks the 12th anniversary of the car accident that changed the world as I and many others knew it. On September 23, 2003 around 7:30 PM Duayne Hommel was involved in a highway accident near his Newport, Tennessee home. Duayne ran off the road to avoid an oncoming car in his lane. His Equinox rolled over and Duayne was critically injured with among other things a traumatic brain injury. Duayne's parents were told on at least 3 occasions over the next 8 days that he was going to die.

But Duayne defied the odds. He persevered. He survived. And though his life is much different now than before, everyone that knows him counts their blessings that he is still here today.

I wrote an article detailing much of Duayne's story then and now. It will appear in the November issue of Dirt Late Model Magazine. I hope you will pick up a copy and give it a read.

Today please remember Duayne, Gayla, Jr., Daegan and all of Duayne's family, fans and friends as they relive those painful memories yet again.

dirtdobber45
09-23-2015, 06:11 PM
Good kid and was a darn good wheel man hope everyday hes on this planet b filled w happiness