PDA

View Full Version : Knoxville

rickybrown1952
09-24-2015, 07:03 PM
Any updates so far

HoosierDirtFan
09-24-2015, 07:19 PM
Any updates so far

63 cars there tonight including Donny Schatz per Dirt On Dirt. Schatz only here tonight as there is WOO Sprint races Friday and Saturday at Berlin Raceway and if time permits he will fly back to Knoxville for Saturday's show.

speedemon3b
09-24-2015, 07:21 PM
You can follow along on Knoxvilles website updates automatically every minute in the results tab

Matt49
09-24-2015, 07:53 PM
James Essex' Facebook also usually has good updates

MUD MAESTRO
09-24-2015, 10:46 PM
Winner Davenport
2, Owens
3, O'neal
4 Pearson jr
5 Brown

JD leads majority of the 25 lap race then Jimmy Owens grabs lead in traffic. Davenport slips by Owens with 5 laps remaining and wins the first prelim.

Who can beat JD is the question.

Barbecueboy
09-24-2015, 10:51 PM
Jd won???? You don't say.............how many flukes can one guy really have in a season?

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha..............I certainly wouldn't run out and buy a longhorn though, there lucky streak is about to come to an end.......again.

SnakeX3
09-24-2015, 11:03 PM
The racing tonight was great. The passing and battles for position were outstanding in the heats and the A-Main...not so much in the D, C and B, but it really was tremendous show. For my money, nothing beats the racing at Knoxville.

Owens and O'Neal ran strong all night, but JD was in a class of his own again. Bloomquist was surprisingly mediocre. The Simpson brothers ran well...especially Chad. I'm not sure what happened with Billy Moyer Jr. He was going forward but didn't finish. Billy Sr. is going to need to pick it up to pull a Birky. I'm not sure who has the worst luck of the national touring drivers...Eddie Carrier or Tim McCreedie.

Can't wait for the race tomorrow. Bummed I can't be there to see the race on Saturday since there is no PPV.

Barbecueboy
09-24-2015, 11:06 PM
Davenport won??????

Very surprising.

SnakeX3
09-24-2015, 11:17 PM
You couldn't tell it was a surprise by the way Essex and the rest of the broadcast crew were gushing over JD. I kinda felt embarrassed for Superman. He doesn't come across like the type that is comfortable with all that praise...even if it is well deserved.

TUTY
09-24-2015, 11:48 PM
I said it before and I will catch crap about it but I sat in section F Row 28 ans part of the back stretch was obstructed. How about the 60' big white toter parked sideways coming out of turn 2, couldn't see anything overtop of it. This place is great but they better not rest on there lorals. There a track 4 hours away in South Dakota (Badlands Motor Speedway) that is going over the top next year. The National Sprint League didn't race against Knoxville this year but next year they have 4 or 5 shows on Saturday Nights at Badlands. Oh forgot to mention 410 Sprints $5000 to win every Saturday Night and maybe more impressive $700 to start the A-Main and $100,000 point fund at the end of the year.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-24-2015, 11:48 PM
Excuse me, new guy here. Who's JD?

As bloomer said about his lil scale coment " $ money in the bank $ "
Well thats what superman says $ more money in the bank $ after tonights win. Hes testing for sat big $ race.

edavis71
09-25-2015, 12:06 AM
The racing tonight was great. The passing and battles for position were outstanding in the heats and the A-Main...not so much in the D, C and B, but it really was tremendous show. For my money, nothing beats the racing at Knoxville.

Owens and O'Neal ran strong all night, but JD was in a class of his own again. Bloomquist was surprisingly mediocre. The Simpson brothers ran well...especially Chad. I'm not sure what happened with Billy Moyer Jr. He was going forward but didn't finish. Billy Sr. is going to need to pick it up to pull a Birky. I'm not sure who has the worst luck of the national touring drivers...Eddie Carrier or Tim McCreedie.

Can't wait for the race tomorrow. Bummed I can't be there to see the race on Saturday since there is no PPV.

Bloomer surprisingly mediocre? Not a huge fan of his but 22nd to 7th in 25 laps is better than mediocre!!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-25-2015, 12:09 AM
Excuse me, new guy here. Who's JD?

If you keep watching these post you will learn real quick who JD is.
I can tell you he does wear a cape and that basturd is fast as hell.
Keep your eyes on him this wknd you will learn somthing.

SnakeX3
09-25-2015, 12:24 AM
Bloomer surprisingly mediocre? Not a huge fan of his but 22nd to 7th in 25 laps is better than mediocre!!!

I meant mediocre by his standards...as in he was *ONLY* 7th in the points for the night, *ONLY* 5th overall in qualifying, 5th in his heat and 4th in the B-Main. Yes. He had an impressive run up through the field and put himself in the show for Saturday, but for Scott overall his night was pretty mediocre. :)

SnakeX3
09-25-2015, 12:42 AM
Last year it took 434 points on either Thursday or Friday to make the show. Based on that, there are 17 drivers that are almost for sure in the field. Only one Lucas regular, Eddie Carrier, is not among those 17 but he will start as a provisional if he doesn't improve on Friday. Here are the top 17 in points plus ECJ. That leaves roughly 7 spots up for grabs on Friday and 6 on Saturday.

Jimmy Owens 492
Jonathan Davenport 487
Don O'Neal 484
Chris Brown 484
Chad Simpson 481
Earl Pearson Jr. 476
Scott Bloomquist 472
Jared Landers 470
Dennis Erb Jr. 462
Chris Simpson 460
Darrell Lanigan 459
Shannon Babb 458
Kent Robinson 454
Josh Richards 444
Steve Francis 438
Brandon Sheppard 435
Frank Heckenast Jr. 434
Eddie Carrier Jr. 381

TUTY
09-25-2015, 09:32 AM
Need a couple guys to get in the 490's tonight not named JD. Give him a couple guys to pass. I have always liked Superman and he looks as good or better than anyone has ever looked. Should be another good night tonight and weather is great.

fryefan
09-25-2015, 09:49 AM
I said it before and I will catch crap about it but I sat in section F Row 28 ans part of the back stretch was obstructed. How about the 60' big white toter parked sideways coming out of turn 2, couldn't see anything overtop of it. This place is great but they better not rest on there lorals. There a track 4 hours away in South Dakota (Badlands Motor Speedway) that is going over the top next year. The National Sprint League didn't race against Knoxville this year but next year they have 4 or 5 shows on Saturday Nights at Badlands. Oh forgot to mention 410 Sprints $5000 to win every Saturday Night and maybe more impressive $700 to start the A-Main and $100,000 point fund at the end of the year.

The Badlands deal sounds like the 2nd coming of the defunct NDRA.

cgrace
09-25-2015, 10:24 AM
anyone know where 2 get all drivers point s

huskerdirt
09-25-2015, 10:42 AM

That toter has been there every year.... It belongs to Mr Pro Power himself.

No matter what track you go to in the country. No matter high or low you sit. There will be a view obstruction for somebody if any vehicle in is in the middle.

Now I suppose you will complain about 63 cars showing up. Well..... If there was 79 like last year. You would've been really PISSED.

You are one of those people that can never pleased.

Fwiw.... Badlands will probably fold in 3 years.

Kwd1253
09-25-2015, 11:09 AM
Tuty why dont you jump in that 60' big white toter and move it or ask them stop parking in the center of the track because they are blocking your view?

Nasty55
09-25-2015, 12:18 PM
Jd won???? You don't say.............how many flukes can one guy really have in a season?

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha..............I certainly wouldn't run out and buy a longhorn though, there lucky streak is about to come to an end.......again.

Them there Longhorns are gonna turn into shorthorns pretty soon dont ya think ol buddy and become extinct? lol JD putting a whoopin on them again..........

SnakeX3
09-25-2015, 12:21 PM
anyone know where 2 get all drivers point s

Here....

http://www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Results.aspx

Scroll near the bottom of the page.

Nasty55
09-25-2015, 12:24 PM

yo TUTY why ya always b!tchen and complaining about something when ya get to see the fastest cars on the planet in one place in knoxville? i mean seriously man you complain more than my wife and she b!tches alot lol.......... Im Sure Mr Pro Power would gladly tell you to SAD if you asked him to move it for you or he might even sell it to you for the right amount of money and you could park it anywhere you wanted then it wouldnt be in your way..........

Nasty55
09-25-2015, 12:24 PM
Here....

http://www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Results.aspx

Scroll near the bottom of the page.

Hey Snake how ya been my friend?

SnakeX3
09-25-2015, 01:02 PM
Hey Snake how ya been my friend?

I'm doing alright. Thanks for asking. I really enjoyed the DoD PPV last night. The racing at Knoxville is amazing.

How are you doing? Did you get to see the race last night?

Raff
09-25-2015, 01:04 PM

Next year buy tickets so you can sit a little higher.
BTW, this is the DLM page, sprint cars is a different page.
There--- that wasn't to much crap and as as bonus I feel better too.
Enjoy the show tonight.

Barchetta6
09-25-2015, 02:15 PM
Why must O'neil body slam various cars every trip to Knoxville?

illowadirt32
09-25-2015, 02:26 PM
I sat in turn 4 last night about 3/4 of the way up and saw everything perfectly, and no one was hardly sitting around us. So maybe TUTY is just bad at picking seats. BTW where I sat was General Admission, not reserved.

Nasty55
09-25-2015, 02:41 PM
I'm doing alright. Thanks for asking. I really enjoyed the DoD PPV last night. The racing at Knoxville is amazing.

How are you doing? Did you get to see the race last night?

Good to hear you are doing well my friend... Im doing better my friend i have been sick most of the summer so i havent been able to get out and watch any racing live so its just been here online and no man i missed the race last night i fell asleep after dinner..

Nasty55
09-25-2015, 02:44 PM

Thats the O'Neal way of doing things he just door slams his way thru.... thats why they call him bend some steel O'Neal

fryefan
09-25-2015, 02:49 PM
That toter has been there every year.... It belongs to Mr Pro Power himself.

No matter what track you go to in the country. No matter high or low you sit. There will be a view obstruction for somebody if any vehicle in is in the middle.

Now I suppose you will complain about 63 cars showing up. Well..... If there was 79 like last year. You would've been really PISSED.

You are one of those people that can never pleased.

Fwiw.... Badlands will probably fold in 3 years.

You are correct. I pity the people that have to be around him/her on a daily basis.

SnakeX3
09-25-2015, 06:06 PM

I am a bit of a Don O'Neal fan and although I don't recall him doing a body slam at Knoxville last year, I saw him pull basically the same move at Eldora on Jon Henry (might have been Doug Drown) as he pulled on Weiss last night.

All I can say about that is if it was Josh Richards pulling a move like that I would have been screaming like a baby over it.

@Nasty55 - LOL @ Don Bend Some Steel. Never heard that one.

SnakeX3
09-25-2015, 06:07 PM
Anyone that bought the DoD PPV...the live feed is on!

rickybrown1952
09-25-2015, 10:02 PM
Chad simpson # 25 wins night 2 at Knoxville

SnakeX3
09-25-2015, 10:18 PM
I'm doing pretty good with my Sniper's KoF picks. I think I'm the only one that had Chad Simpson. He's been strong in the prelims. It'll be interesting to see how it goes tomorrow when everyone is driving balls out. The guys that locked up top spots seemed to be taking it easy tonight....not taking anything from Chad...just sayin' he'll have to work harder tomorrow. Hope he does well.

huskerdirt
09-25-2015, 10:39 PM
That was a thriller tonight.

bullring
09-26-2015, 11:38 AM
Great race last night. Kind of surprised looking at tonight's lineups. It would be better if they counted points for both nights.

Clayton_Wetter
09-27-2015, 06:22 PM
As bloomer said about his lil scale coment " $ money in the bank $ "
Well thats what superman says $ more money in the bank $ after tonights win. Hes testing for sat big $ race.

Well how would you like your crow? rotted and slimy?:)

Clayton_Wetter
09-27-2015, 06:24 PM
If you keep watching these post you will learn real quick who JD is.
I can tell you he does wear a cape and that basturd is fast as hell.
Keep your eyes on him this wknd you will learn somthing.

How much more of you can your computer take, before it rejects you and crashes?

Clayton_Wetter
09-28-2015, 07:05 PM
Look CW! Me and my puter here have a very strong relationship ok!! You or any of your "Idiot Club" members will never brake that strong tie we have so back off jack before I go full goose bozo on your ass!!

Now now, you're getting in banning territory, AGAIN! :)

TUTY
09-29-2015, 09:08 PM
Glad I missed 2 years, and see there's a lot less people on here. Wonder why, 4 no it also running the show and they can't take other people's opinions. Your good, see ya!