PDA

View Full Version : Any UPDATES FROM KNOXVILLE TONIGHT

MEE
09-26-2015, 05:51 PM
Is any one doing them tonight ?

PennDirt
09-26-2015, 06:39 PM
In the unlikely event no one post during the race, here's a DIY emergency home kit.

Live Timing (http://lucasdirt.com/live)

Knoxville Raceway Twitter Updates (https://twitter.com/knoxvilleraces?ref_src=twsrc^tfw)

Dirt Racing Report Update Page for Late Models (http://dirtracingreport.com/late-models-modifieds-twitter-updates/)

http://i.imgur.com/ghhtrQ8.png

Nasty55
09-26-2015, 06:59 PM
In the unlikely event no one post during the race, here's a DIY emergency home kit.

Live Timing (http://lucasdirt.com/live)

Knoxville Raceway Twitter Updates (https://twitter.com/knoxvilleraces?ref_src=twsrc^tfw)

Dirt Racing Report Update Page for Late Models (http://dirtracingreport.com/late-models-modifieds-twitter-updates/)

http://i.imgur.com/ghhtrQ8.png

PennDirt id do some updates but my internet is flippin slow as a snail tonight and i cant get tech services to seem to get interested in fixing it so im going back to my old provider here as soon as i can.....

PennDirt
09-26-2015, 07:06 PM
https://www.periscope.tv/w/1rmGPZWvQzqxN

Hot laps on Periscope.

Bummer, Nasty. Not sure I got the zip to do the home version tonight. Surely someone is there or PPVing this.

Spongebob
09-26-2015, 07:07 PM
Refreshes every minute:
http://www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Results.aspx

MEE
09-26-2015, 07:08 PM
TY. very much

gorj
09-26-2015, 07:15 PM
Who will be the first to have mechanical or misfortune in the remaining 4 races on the LOLMDS, Davenport or Bloomer?

george w
09-26-2015, 08:21 PM
Davenport dodged a bullet last night with a broken rod but with the format he'll still start up front with a fresh horse....

gorj
09-26-2015, 09:17 PM
Davenport leads O Neal , Owens, Bloomer,

PROPOWER
09-26-2015, 09:21 PM
lap 30
Davenport
Oewns
Oneal
Bloomquist
Landers
Lanigan
Babb
Chad simpson

PROPOWER
09-26-2015, 09:21 PM
Oneal flat tire

gorj
09-26-2015, 09:25 PM
Tires are an issue with only 30 laps in. WOW

PROPOWER
09-26-2015, 09:28 PM
lap 40
Superman
Owens
Bloomer

PennDirt
09-26-2015, 09:31 PM
Who will be the first to have mechanical or misfortune in the remaining 4 races on the LOLMDS, Davenport or Bloomer?

lmao, you put in the jinx!

CRK
09-26-2015, 09:32 PM
Superman blew up

CRK
09-26-2015, 09:33 PM
Owens bloomer landers babb lap 50Babb made a charge

PROPOWER
09-26-2015, 09:34 PM
lap 44 Davenport up in Smoke

gorj
09-26-2015, 09:37 PM
two broken power plants in two nights

PROPOWER
09-26-2015, 09:37 PM
lap 54
Owens
Landers
Simpson
Richards
Bloomer

CRK
09-26-2015, 09:38 PM
Weiss into top 10 from B main. What happened to babb?

PROPOWER
09-26-2015, 09:40 PM
Babb is in 7 position

gorj
09-26-2015, 09:41 PM
Richards and Marlar on the move, but a lot of laps left

PROPOWER
09-26-2015, 09:46 PM
lap 60
Owens
Landers
Richards
C Simpson
Babb

PROPOWER
09-26-2015, 09:50 PM
lap 70

Owens
Richards
Chad Simpson

gorj
09-26-2015, 09:53 PM
bloomer slows

PROPOWER
09-26-2015, 09:54 PM
lap 74 Caution for Bloomquist

PROPOWER
09-26-2015, 09:56 PM
Richards to the lead

PROPOWER
09-26-2015, 09:59 PM
Marlar coming on strong

PROPOWER
09-26-2015, 10:01 PM
lap 93 Landers out front

racingfool32
09-26-2015, 10:05 PM
Jared Landers wins Knoxville Late Model Nationals............

Kwd1253
09-26-2015, 10:09 PM
Good job landers, so glad josh didnt win.. josh fans would rode that for years lol..

PROPOWER
09-26-2015, 10:09 PM
Top five

Landers
Richards
Owens
Marlar
Lanigan
Chad simpson
Chris simpson
B Sheppard

zyoung25
09-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Jared Landers wins Knoxville Late Model Nationals............

Wonder if Bloomquist will say he sold him a gift this time? :D

Congrats to Landers, he was speechless after winning he topless a few years back. I can't wait to hear his interview after this one.

rickybrown1952
09-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Good for landers 777

Bloomerfest
09-26-2015, 10:21 PM
i know this was not the case but how many points is each position worth toward the championship points? i know he broke but for instance bloomquist was running 2nd for a while after davenport broke and finished 29th. if bloomquist would have not had troubles and finished top 5 how much would he have gained. he let a opportunity slip tonight.

mud duck
09-26-2015, 10:23 PM
Good job landers, so glad josh didnt win.. josh fans would rode that for years lol..

Yes they would have!! Thankfully Landers won it and congrats! But still the best run this year with all the big dogs in town for Josh.

TUTY
09-26-2015, 10:24 PM
Funny how everyone says Lucas Lucas Lucas. WOO 2nd and 5th and 6th and 7th to MLRA/Mars. Racing was good but will never go back with out a support class. There so Glad to anounse NO D MAIN, OK 3 races for $40. B Main was done at 8pm and the A Main done at 10pm. GOOD FOR YOU PEOPLE, have a good time. This show will never grow at a track that thinks there (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) doesn't stink. 63 cars night 1 and 58 cars night 2 and 3 races on night 3. Go to Wheatland MO. and pay $75 instead of $100 for 3 days and half the purse BUT 80 CARS, TWICE THE VECILITIES, and A-Mod (50 of them). BOOOOOOOOO !

TUTY
09-26-2015, 10:25 PM
Good job 777

zyoung25
09-26-2015, 10:25 PM
What's vecilities?

gorj
09-26-2015, 10:30 PM
i know this was not the case but how many points is each position worth toward the championship points? i know he broke but for instance bloomquist was running 2nd for a while after davenport broke and finished 29th. if bloomquist would have not had troubles and finished top 5 how much would he have gained. he let a opportunity slip tonight.

Bloomer would have gained 80 points with a fifth place finish, now no gain.

DurtyWimmin
09-26-2015, 10:32 PM
What's vecilities?

More than 1 vecility

TUTY
09-26-2015, 10:35 PM
Really, guess you've never been there.

Nasty55
09-26-2015, 10:37 PM
Top five

Landers
Richards
Owens
Marlar
Lanigan
Chad simpson
Chris simpson
B Sheppard

Thank you PROPOWER for the updates my friend they were much appreciated!

Nasty55
09-26-2015, 10:43 PM
Funny how everyone says Lucas Lucas Lucas. WOO 2nd and 5th and 6th and 7th to MLRA/Mars. Racing was good but will never go back with out a support class. There so Glad to anounse NO D MAIN, OK 3 races for $40. B Main was done at 8pm and the A Main done at 10pm. GOOD FOR YOU PEOPLE, have a good time. This show will never grow at a track that thinks there (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) doesn't stink. 63 cars night 1 and 58 cars night 2 and 3 races on night 3. Go to Wheatland MO. and pay $75 instead of $100 for 3 days and half the purse BUT 80 CARS, TWICE THE VECILITIES, and A-Mod (50 of them). BOOOOOOOOO !

TUTY you been in the sauce tonight or what lol..... Your making no sense as usual......... Lol.....

zyoung25
09-26-2015, 10:45 PM
What's vecilities?

More than 1 vecility

Really, guess you've never been there.

I believe it's facilities, and no I haven't been there. I've been to absolute dumps (tyler county wv) and seen really good races. Been to very nice tracks with nice FACILITIES (Charlotte) and seen crappy ones. I go to tracks to watch the races, not complain about everything I dont like or things they could change. Have a good day :)

TUTY
09-26-2015, 10:46 PM
Hurts doesn't it!

TUTY
09-26-2015, 10:47 PM
Wondering what I said that wasn't true?

zyoung25
09-26-2015, 10:50 PM
I think someone let litey back on here, or he stole someone else's name. Reading his posts.....is about like wiping before ya poop.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
09-26-2015, 10:50 PM
Bloomer would have gained 80 points with a fifth place finish, now no gain.

Thats great news!!

huskerdirt
09-26-2015, 10:56 PM
Tuty you fell right into the trap....

Two days ago when you complained about the ProPower toter. I said you would b!tch about the car counts and you did just that.

Who gives a crap if it's 80 or 60 or 10 when the racing has been like it was the last 3 days.

It didn't matter if there was a D main tonight.... You would've complained about that. What difference does it make whether it's 3 or 4 races.

You are an absolutely joke.... Even better yet pathetic.

huskerdirt
09-26-2015, 10:58 PM
And another thing..... You b!tched when you went to wheatland and they only had 55 cars with no support class. So don't comeback here 3 years later pumped the 80 car count they got this year.

NormP
09-26-2015, 11:04 PM
What kind of person wants support classes at a big race like the Knoxville Nationals? I go to watch late models, not junkyard trash.

TUTY
09-27-2015, 09:35 AM
Ok, you really can't be happy with 58-63 cars are you? If you were at the races Friday night the anouncer said AND THERES NO D MAIN TONIGHT 10 times ( he was happy). Yes The racing was very good and I'm glad someone new won, congrats 777. There definitely was no more fans this year, hardly any venders. I completely understand if the racing is good you can walk away saying oh this is great but there are other things to make better. My opinion which I'm intitaled to is Knoxville thinks they can just open the doors take your money the cars will come. This was the lowest car count ever I think wasn't it? I just feel as if Wheatland, I-80, Cedar lake work there butts off for there show and it shows. Late Model racing in its self has its own problems, 10-12 cars running every race in Lucas and Woo. You guys can add more drivers to this but no Birky, no Blankenship it sucks. People, don't fix something that's not broke, well it is broke and changes need to be made to make things better.

TUTY
09-27-2015, 09:52 AM
Nasty55 you were right last night, sorry!

huskerdirt
09-27-2015, 10:37 AM
Ok, you really can't be happy with 58-63 cars are you? If you were at the races Friday night the anouncer said AND THERES NO D MAIN TONIGHT 10 times ( he was happy). Yes The racing was very good and I'm glad someone new won, congrats 777. There definitely was no more fans this year, hardly any venders. I completely understand if the racing is good you can walk away saying oh this is great but there are other things to make better. My opinion which I'm intitaled to is Knoxville thinks they can just open the doors take your money the cars will come. This was the lowest car count ever I think wasn't it? I just feel as if Wheatland, I-80, Cedar lake work there butts off for there show and it shows. Late Model racing in its self has its own problems, 10-12 cars running every race in Lucas and Woo. You guys can add more drivers to this but no Birky, no Blankenship it sucks. People, don't fix something that's not broke, well it is broke and changes need to be made to make things better.

I was there all weekend.

Was I happy with the car count? No I wasn't. But I said from the very beginning they were gonna be a few short. And I said it several times. The most this race was gonna draw was in the 70-75 range at the most because of how the schedule works out this year. And throw in the fact that several drivers that come every year are retired or had to call a year early. That's just bad luck. There is a lot more than more money on why those guys retired.

I'm sure a lot of people were happy there wasn't a D main after it took 20 minutes to clean up that bad wreck on Thursday.

Only 10-12 guys run Lucas and WoO because that's all the point fund pays out at the end of the year. Why run a series if you aren't going get point fund money. Think before you speak.

I've been going to this race before it was even Lucas sanctioned and they had the 66 max car count. During these times it never got over 60 cars. In fact one time only 52 showed up. That is a fact and it can not be disputed. Again think before you speak.

Several people were vocal about there being a car count cap, but yet bring in modifieds as a support class. Talk about asinine thinking.

Knoxville has stated numerous times this is there second biggest event.... You don't get that way by just opening the doors and expecting people to come. Since I've been going overall the event has gotten bigger from a fans and drivers stand point. There's more competition that comes now, than there was when it was unsanctioned. Someone that actually looks inside car counts rather than seeing a number and jumping to a conclusion would notice this.

I find it very hypocritical of you to sit and crictize Knoxville up/down and left/right. But yet you defend tracks that still have bigger issues than Knoxville, including one in particular.

Kwd1253
09-27-2015, 10:38 AM
Ok, you really can't be happy with 58-63 cars are you? If you were at the races Friday night the anouncer said AND THERES NO D MAIN TONIGHT 10 times ( he was happy). Yes The racing was very good and I'm glad someone new won, congrats 777. There definitely was no more fans this year, hardly any venders. I completely understand if the racing is good you can walk away saying oh this is great but there are other things to make better. My opinion which I'm intitaled to is Knoxville thinks they can just open the doors take your money the cars will come. This was the lowest car count ever I think wasn't it? I just feel as if Wheatland, I-80, Cedar lake work there butts off for there show and it shows. Late Model racing in its self has its own problems, 10-12 cars running every race in Lucas and Woo. You guys can add more drivers to this but no Birky, no Blankenship it sucks. People, don't fix something that's not broke, well it is broke and changes need to be made to make things better. You got look at what regional is running at the time of all this races. Knoxville had to run against 15-20 different promoters and regional races. Cedar lake only had 40 plus car count but they had a lot different races running against them. The show me 100, world 100, the dream, DTWC always going have higher car count simple because they dont have really no regional or promoter going against them to have a low car count. Look at shane and chub they ran fri 5k race sat. For 6k in PA. If, they didnt have alot of races this wkend, you would had 90-100 plus car count.

TUTY
09-27-2015, 10:42 AM
This isn't pointed to you but what track are you taking about?

MUD MAESTRO
09-27-2015, 01:24 PM
There is a lot to like and dislike about Knoxville. But one thing is for sure.....No track produces better racing and thats why i attend.

Bubstr
09-27-2015, 06:14 PM
You go to Knoxville to see good racing and they rarely disappoint. Three out of three nights, there was late lap passes for the lead, not to mention racing back in the pack. As one guy said to me after the races, "if you don't like that, you just don't like racing."

I often wondered, how many of those extra car counts, are you expecting to see in the A Mains? If they did get a 100 car count, someone would complain about Knoxville splitting them into two nights and the drivers would only have one chance to make the show and get paid for doing so. If they ran a support class, would you have a great track surface to produce those late lap passes. As far as I'm concerned, Knoxville does it right. Best track prep in the country and year in and year out, in the top three for great racing. I hope they never listen to some habitual complainers and change anything.

427c.i.
09-27-2015, 07:07 PM
You go to Knoxville to see good racing and they rarely disappoint. Three out of three nights, there was late lap passes for the lead, not to mention racing back in the pack. As one guy said to me after the races, "if you don't like that, you just don't like racing."

I often wondered, how many of those extra car counts, are you expecting to see in the A Mains? If they did get a 100 car count, someone would complain about Knoxville splitting them into two nights and the drivers would only have one chance to make the show and get paid for doing so. If they ran a support class, would you have a great track surface to produce those late lap passes. As far as I'm concerned, Knoxville does it right. Best track prep in the country and year in and year out, in the top three for great racing. I hope they never listen to some habitual complainers and change anything.

X2. And I'll gladly pay $40 to not have to sit through support classes.

If you're not happy with Knoxville, don't go. Sure looked to me like there was a larger crowd than last year. We sat in three different places over the three nights and in talking with the people around us, everyone loves going there.
I just wish they would add a second event for late models. Wouldn't have to be a 3 day show. Maybe a Fri and Sat, 20k to win show earlier in the season...(May-ish)

fryefan
09-28-2015, 08:11 PM

Just stay home. You will not be missed one bit. I pity the people that have to be around you on a daily basis, as you are extremely negative about pretty much everything.

fryefan
09-28-2015, 08:13 PM
Tuty you fell right into the trap....

Two days ago when you complained about the ProPower toter. I said you would b!tch about the car counts and you did just that.

Who gives a crap if it's 80 or 60 or 10 when the racing has been like it was the last 3 days.

It didn't matter if there was a D main tonight.... You would've complained about that. What difference does it make whether it's 3 or 4 races.

You are an absolutely joke.... Even better yet pathetic.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. You hit the nail on the head Husker.

fryefan
09-28-2015, 08:15 PM

You are delusional. There were CLEARLY more people at this year's event than any other year.

klemmabyna
09-28-2015, 10:45 PM
I usually try to consider the validity of other's opinions concerning the tracks and races I attend. and some 4m members have earned my respect for their opinions. and many others are quickly discounted because I just can't understand what they expect, or why they go, since all they do is complain.

my opinion: if you are a race fan that loves watching great side by side racing on a track this is prepared to allow the fast guys get to the finish they deserve, Knoxville is the place.

if you don't like something, keep your money in your pocket. if you have complaints, take it to track management. if you just want attention for your whining, post on 4m. trolls should be ignored.

Knoxville: 12 consecutive years with a weekend full of some of the best racing of every year.

I used to be jealous of fans that lived near great "crown jewels" while enjoying some of the best regional racing (WDRL, hell tour, CBC, MLRA, etc...). but knoxville and I-80 are putting on some of the best of the best racing anyone gets to see in my neighborhood..

onlyfacts
09-28-2015, 11:33 PM
I usually try to consider the validity of other's opinions concerning the tracks and races I attend. and some 4m members have earned my respect for their opinions. and many others are quickly discounted because I just can't understand what they expect, or why they go, since all they do is complain.my opinion: if you are a race fan that loves watching great side by side racing on a track this is prepared to allow the fast guys get to the finish they deserve, Knoxville is the place. if you don't like something, keep your money in your pocket. if you have complaints, take it to track management. if you just want attention for your whining, post on 4m. trolls should be ignored.Knoxville: 12 consecutive years with a weekend full of some of the best racing of every year. I used to be jealous of fans that lived near great "crown jewels" while enjoying some of the best regional racing (WDRL, hell tour, CBC, MLRA, etc...). but knoxville and I-80 are putting on some of the best of the best racing anyone gets to see in my neighborhood..I agree 100% Knoxville is the race of the year for me. The best track prep, best run show and the best format that puts the cars in the race that can put on a show year after year. Promoters across the country should go to Knoxville and take notes. My biggest compliment to Knoxville is how they manage to get the track so right each year. I think the 100 lapper is so good because the track is not worn out by heat races on Saturday. Eldora would be a much better race if they done away with heat races on Saturday which usually causes a lot of destruction. When the cars roll out for the main at Knoxville they look awesome unlike tracks that run heats on the same day most of the time the teams barly have time to fix damage from heats and B mains to get car ready for main at tracks that run heats on same day as main. The 24 cars lockin at Knoxville are way more prepared to race and don't look like they have been through a war.I think that is why the races are much better along with the track not worn out. 14 hour drive for me and I am looking forward to next year already. Congratulations to Jared Landers and thank you Knoxville Raceway. If you were not fortunate enough to make the trip the TV tape delay production coming up will be the next best thing to being there.

cgrace
09-29-2015, 09:05 AM
I love no support classes. Greeeat wee k end thank you knoxville Only thing that would help me an app w realtime pointss :):) so I know who is is where during

kazual
09-29-2015, 09:37 AM
I attended the first Knoxville events way back when, about froze to death at one. It was painful to look at the stands and think how in the world could they justify it? They openly said they expected to loose money the first few years but were looking to build it over a period of time. Most promoters would not have that ability to let it grow or the foresight to have an actual plan. Most promotion groups long term plan is next weekend. Knoxville is a very special place ran by people that have long term plans to benefit fans, race teams, and themselves. Short track racing could use many more like them.

deez lug nuts
09-29-2015, 10:33 AM
How can any of you say much good about the format? :confused:

Just 3 races on Saturday is weak!!!! :rolleyes:

plunks7
09-29-2015, 11:12 AM
I love no support classes. Greeeat wee k end thank you knoxville Only thing that would help me an app w realtime pointss :):) so I know who is is where during

There is! My friends were looking at it as the races were finished. Walked out each night knowing line-ups and who the top 24 were locked in. And where they would start. I just don't have a clue on how to work them D A M N phones. I put it up to my eye and got nothing. LOL

ptown
09-29-2015, 11:53 AM
How can any of you say much good about the format? :confused:

Just 3 races on Saturday is weak!!!! :rolleyes:

I'd like to see more of a Eldora format with heats semis and the feature.

onlyfacts
09-29-2015, 12:59 PM
I'd like to see more of a Eldora format with heats semis and the feature.Not.... The format a Knoxville puts the best cars in the main... Not a bunch of cars that got in because of an invert system of elimination. I can do with out the heats on raceday because it saves the track, saves the cars and it lets me enjoy the event and leave at a reasonable hour to head back home... Quality is better than quantity anytime. Now if the track is trying to sell hot dogs and beer that's a different story.

vande07
09-29-2015, 03:00 PM
waited to reply until today.

Only got to attend Thursday and Saturday this year (home football game and daughter was marching at halftime, family over racing).

Thursday, racing was great and I would venture to say best Thursday crowd ever for this event (I helped park cars for the Boy Scouts this year with my son, most cars they have ever parked on Thursday and Friday, sold out of spots on Saturday 2 hours before racetime for first time ever (usually still have spots right up until 7:00)).

So, in my opinion, I would say the crowds were up.

Saturday, racing during the B-main and the Feature were excellent IMO. 4 or 5 lead changes among 4 different drivers? Richards came from outside the top 10 to the lead only to lose it with 8 to go (and still had a chance to win at the end). Great racing through the pack as well with many moving up 10+ positions. What's not to like about that?

Walking out of the grandstands before 11:00 PM both nights I attended (allowed me to get to work on Friday at 6:00 AM before parking cars at noon until 4 on Saturday) meant people could enjoy other things that they may not get to at other events (the pits on Saturday night after the races were as full as I've ever seen them following this event, Dingus looked jam packed as it always does).

Quality of cars was outstanding, was there anyone in the main that was a huge surprise or with bad equipment? I don't remember one if there was.

Was I somewhat disappointed in the car count? not really. Only 30 cars make the feature on Saturday. Not sure what good it does to have 50+ cars not make the finale. Those that skipped the event to race elsewhere were doing so based on business. You go where you think you can make $$$ (or not lose as much).

My hope would be that somewhere in the next 10 years or so they could do a split field for qualifying nights, but that's a tough sell to the competitors from what I've gathered. I could see this event growing to 4 days like the Sprint Nationals with a purse to rival it if competitors and team owners realize that pre-entry is actually going to help grow the purse (Everything is connected).

Pre-Entries means the track can advertise a driver will be there which in-turn entices fans of that driver to attend, which in-turn means more fans in the stands, which means more Revenue for the track, which means purses can be raised, which means more drivers want to attend, which loops back to pre-entries the following season and the events grows and grows and grows). It's a big circle that eventually fans of a certain driver will attend even long after the driver retires and all of a sudden you have 20,000+ at a race with purses to match.

My thoughts on 2016. Moving the date up I'm not 100% sure about, but I'd guess John McCoy did his due diligence with teams to see what they thought prior to committing to that date.

As far as management changes at the track goes. From what I've seen, the track hasn't skipped a beat since Brian's departure (and in some ways it's better) and the Fairboard isn't searching for a race promotor, they are in search of a Marketing Director (sponsorship seller). Gary Schumacher will continue to run the office as he has the past several years and John McCoy will continue as race director (as he has since Capitani's retirement 6 years ago).

deez lug nuts
09-29-2015, 03:08 PM
Like to know how many people will never go back there on Saturday after only getting to watch hot laps and 3 races for their race attending effort.

vande07
09-29-2015, 03:50 PM
Like to know how many people will never go back there on Saturday after only getting to watch hot laps and 3 races for their race attending effort.

good question, but I spoke to many on Thursday and Friday this year while parking cars that only ever attended Saturday in the past and decided to come early for the Prelims. The ones I saw on Saturday said they'd be back for all 3 days from here on out as they always loved Saturday before, but the prelim nights were better than they expected (they were so used to TT and heats only on prelim nights at other big races, they didn't realize what they got for their $$$).

Since year #1, Saturday night has been C, B, and A Main and hotlaps (maybe one or two years with enough cars for a D main as well). Seems like attendance is going up every year, so it must not be a huge issue to most of the fans.

huskerdirt
09-29-2015, 05:45 PM
waited to reply until today.

Only got to attend Thursday and Saturday this year (home football game and daughter was marching at halftime, family over racing).

Thursday, racing was great and I would venture to say best Thursday crowd ever for this event (I helped park cars for the Boy Scouts this year with my son, most cars they have ever parked on Thursday and Friday, sold out of spots on Saturday 2 hours before racetime for first time ever (usually still have spots right up until 7:00)).

So, in my opinion, I would say the crowds were up.

Saturday, racing during the B-main and the Feature were excellent IMO. 4 or 5 lead changes among 4 different drivers? Richards came from outside the top 10 to the lead only to lose it with 8 to go (and still had a chance to win at the end). Great racing through the pack as well with many moving up 10+ positions. What's not to like about that?

Walking out of the grandstands before 11:00 PM both nights I attended (allowed me to get to work on Friday at 6:00 AM before parking cars at noon until 4 on Saturday) meant people could enjoy other things that they may not get to at other events (the pits on Saturday night after the races were as full as I've ever seen them following this event, Dingus looked jam packed as it always does).

Quality of cars was outstanding, was there anyone in the main that was a huge surprise or with bad equipment? I don't remember one if there was.

Was I somewhat disappointed in the car count? not really. Only 30 cars make the feature on Saturday. Not sure what good it does to have 50+ cars not make the finale. Those that skipped the event to race elsewhere were doing so based on business. You go where you think you can make $$$ (or not lose as much).

My hope would be that somewhere in the next 10 years or so they could do a split field for qualifying nights, but that's a tough sell to the competitors from what I've gathered. I could see this event growing to 4 days like the Sprint Nationals with a purse to rival it if competitors and team owners realize that pre-entry is actually going to help grow the purse (Everything is connected).

Pre-Entries means the track can advertise a driver will be there which in-turn entices fans of that driver to attend, which in-turn means more fans in the stands, which means more Revenue for the track, which means purses can be raised, which means more drivers want to attend, which loops back to pre-entries the following season and the events grows and grows and grows). It's a big circle that eventually fans of a certain driver will attend even long after the driver retires and all of a sudden you have 20,000+ at a race with purses to match.

My thoughts on 2016. Moving the date up I'm not 100% sure about, but I'd guess John McCoy did his due diligence with teams to see what they thought prior to committing to that date.

As far as management changes at the track goes. From what I've seen, the track hasn't skipped a beat since Brian's departure (and in some ways it's better) and the Fairboard isn't searching for a race promotor, they are in search of a Marketing Director (sponsorship seller). Gary Schumacher will continue to run the office as he has the past several years and John McCoy will continue as race director (as he has since Capitani's retirement 6 years ago).

Excellent post.

Yes the car count was down. Nobody on here said it was gonna break any records. Things just didn't line up right. There were 5 guys on the pre entry list that didn't come. Another couple that didn't come because of motor issues. And another that trashed his car the night before that obviously couldn't make it. It very easily could've been over 70.

If people are complaining about 3 races on Saturday. Then they should be complaining about if there were 4. No matter how many cars show up. At most there will be 4 races on Saturday. Last year I don't recall anybody complaining about 4 races.

It was nice getting done early on Saturday. I've been going back when they had modifieds as a support class. Those were some late nights. IMO, I'm not there to see
modifieds. It was nice to stroll through the pits after eventually making my way to the truck and being out of town by 11 for my 3 hour commute home.

The number one complaint from drivers and fans is how late the program goes.... Especially on the last night of a multi day event.

huskerdirt
09-29-2015, 05:53 PM

Very few. In fact I know several people that will becoming on Saturday because the A main was that good and the program got over at a decent time.

Clayton_Wetter
09-29-2015, 06:18 PM
Keep those UPDATES coming!!!!!

Clayton_Wetter
09-29-2015, 06:47 PM
Here comes JD on the high side making his way out of turn two.... but, wait!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dam he blows another one!!!!!!!!! There's a guy running towards the carnage, it SLIDING SIDWALKS with a can of goat piss!!! Lol Hey SS, that won't work now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

BAM, he just got clobbered by a car under the yellow! What was he thinking??

t3r3e3
09-29-2015, 06:56 PM

Last I checked the two best Lucas guys were running up front when they broke. Those same two guys have dominated the competition when the WoO and Lucas guys get together. And really, there probably isn't a better dirt racing facility nationwide than Knoxville. The track surface is just about perfect. Now you might throw FALS or Eldora out there, but not Wheatland. Wheatland might have nicer p1ssers and seats, but the track isn't close.

deez lug nuts
09-29-2015, 07:24 PM
Some of you would probably be just fine with driving onto the track property and throwing your ticket money out the window onto the ground and driving away. Saying that due to how you think a few races for your racing dollars and getting away from the track at a super early hour is awesome. :D

huskerdirt
09-29-2015, 07:34 PM
Some of you would probably be just fine with driving onto the track property and throwing your ticket money out the window onto the ground and driving away. Saying that due to how you think a few races for your racing dollars and getting away from the track at a super early hour is awesome. :D

10pm is when they got over. That's not super early. When the modifieds ran it was sometimes 11:30 or midnight by the time it got over.

You seem like that type that would complain even if someone gave you a free ticket to a race with a only few races on the card.

LMPunk
09-29-2015, 07:51 PM
I'm pretty surprised people would complain about the program being completed early or only seeing late models. Personally, I'm not traveling to see modifieds, street stocks or whatever else they run out there to kill time. The only thing I missed when I was at the World this year (first time I'd been at a show with just late models on the track) was a break to go get a bite to eat haha.

(Anyone that wants to sit there all night watching upwards of 10 (!!!) classes, I invite you to Duck River on any given night. I'm thanking Jesus daily they're splitting up the Deep Fried 75 event between Friday and Saturday so maybe the main event Saturday will be over before midnight. Maybe.)

25drtrkr
09-29-2015, 08:01 PM
I'm pretty surprised people would complain about the program being completed early or only seeing late models. Personally, I'm not traveling to see modifieds, street stocks or whatever else they run out there to kill time. The only thing I missed when I was at the World this year (first time I'd been at a show with just late models on the track) was a break to go get a bite to eat haha.

(Anyone that wants to sit there all night watching upwards of 10 (!!!) classes, I invite you to Duck River on any given night. I'm thanking Jesus daily they're splitting up the Deep Fried 75 event between Friday and Saturday so maybe the main event Saturday will be over before midnight. Maybe.)

Agree with ya 100%! Its the same with me during Speedweeks at East Bay. If you get out of your seat, you will miss some racing. These promoters gotta learn to get the show over no later than 11. I went to a WOO race at BRP and was done at 8:45. Its a good thing as it was about 35 degrees.

TUTY
09-29-2015, 08:46 PM
You could have driven to Newton and back and missed nothing...... B-Main was over at 8:02 and A-Main over at 10 and started about 9. If your not a race fan and only a Late Model fan than your good. THIS SHOW WILL NEVER GROW AND NOW WILL START GOING BACKWARDS!

zyoung25
09-29-2015, 09:13 PM
Not.... The format a Knoxville puts the best cars in the main... Not a bunch of cars that got in because of an invert system of elimination. I can do with out the heats on raceday because it saves the track, saves the cars and it lets me enjoy the event and leave at a reasonable hour to head back home... Quality is better than quantity anytime. Now if the track is trying to sell hot dogs and beer that's a different story.

I'm glad that invert really helped Tim Manville make his first world 100.....

fryefan
09-29-2015, 11:42 PM
You could have driven to Newton and back and missed nothing...... B-Main was over at 8:02 and A-Main over at 10 and started about 9. If your not a race fan and only a Late Model fan than your good. THIS SHOW WILL NEVER GROW AND NOW WILL START GOING BACKWARDS!

You are clueless. It has gotten larger each year and that will continue.

fryefan
09-29-2015, 11:44 PM

Maybe 2, you and tuty-fruty.

TUTY
09-30-2015, 06:54 AM
I was there, you have a come back for everything but everything I said is true. Less cars, less racing, less fans. For the person who said I should find a better seat next year so the back stretch isn't obstructed, I was in row 28, really just another true statement. Go to I-80, Charlotte, Wheatland, Jackson Mn, Badlands, Cedar lake, NO TRAILERS IN THE INFIELD! Being I'm so stupid they must be also. 17,000 new seats going up in Jackson Mn this week with many new suites and a clean infield. BLESSED!

plunks7
09-30-2015, 09:53 AM
I was there, you have a come back for everything but everything I said is true. Less cars, less racing, less fans. For the person who said I should find a better seat next year so the back stretch isn't obstructed, I was in row 28, really just another true statement. Go to I-80, Charlotte, Wheatland, Jackson Mn, Badlands, Cedar lake, NO TRAILERS IN THE INFIELD! Being I'm so stupid they must be also. 17,000 new seats going up in Jackson Mn this week with many new suites and a clean infield. BLESSED!

TUTY, Your aggression is getting no-where. I didn't see anywhere on Knoxville's Web page the exact amount of cars will be racing. Nor was there an exact amount of races they would be running. And for your information, They did announce that this was the "LARGEST" crowd they have had at Knoxville Dirt Late Model Nationals. I agree the totar was sideways, but not really in the way. The cars were going by to fast to notice. I-80 is totally filled with Haulers. So much so some have to park in the back off the track. As far as fans not showing up. I will say your just spewing senseless aggression. It will continue to grow each and every year!!!!!

Bubstr
09-30-2015, 01:22 PM
I saw on DOD, that Oskalosa is thinking about a Wed night race for LM, next year. That would add laps to watch. Osky is a very good track and not far from Kville. It's another Iowa track that lets these over powered LMs spread their wings and fly. Best thing about it, is it gives one more race day with little extra travel for race teams to make another paycheck, that week.

fryefan
09-30-2015, 08:30 PM
There were CLEARLY more people at this year's Knoxville Late Model Nationals than any of the prior 11 years. Anyone who claims otherwise either was not there or clueless or both.