PDA

View Full Version : Badlands Motor Speedway Brandon SD.

TUTY
09-27-2015, 10:09 AM
What's your thoughts?

WRC11
10-15-2015, 01:19 PM
Seems like everything they are posting is getting too good to be true? Paying mileage to each 410 driver each week, $100k Silver Shootout, and a $250k Rock & Roll weekend.... I hope it all works out, not many tracks offering programs like this.

vande07
10-15-2015, 03:24 PM
my thoughts are this is becoming a big pi$$ing match between Chuck Brennan and Tod Quiring.

in the end (4-5 years down the road), we race fans may be the big losers if Huset's ends up a concert venue and Tod tires of the politics and we lose Jackson too....

WRC11
10-17-2015, 08:29 AM
I didn't know Quiring owns Jackson too. Seems like Jackson will make out the best in this deal? It's really too bad badlands couldn't race 410s on Sunday, would make for some awesome 410 racing in the Midwest. But if money is obviously no object for Brennan, I wish him the best of luck.

vande07
10-19-2015, 10:09 AM
I feel bad for the teams that want to race more as they now only have 2 nights a week to race instead of 3.

Jackson or Grand Forks, ND Friday
Knoxville and Huset's both Saturday

From a positive perspective, the Grand Forks regulars may make more trips to Huset's now as they are mostly weekend warriors (other than Mark Dobmeier) that only raced Friday only due to getting home too late from Huset's on Sunday and needing to go to work Monday morning.

Hopefully the pi$$ing match between Todd and Chuck ends soon. My thoughts are that Chuck thinks he can run everyone else out of business and become the only game in town. Knoxville will always be Knoxville, but the bigger $$ teams are going to "chase the money" and race where the purses are the best. Tod will make Jackson into a great weekly track again and restore the Jackson Nationals allure IMO.

Bonus for the big teams that choose Knoxville over Huset's is that the King's Royal weekend is a Non-Points event for the 410's to allow any teams that want to, to go chase the big $$ at Eldora that weekend.

TUTY
10-20-2015, 10:18 PM
Agree, I think Chuck isn't used to having things not go his way. If they ran on Sunday's all problems would be gone.

vande07
10-22-2015, 10:22 AM
Agree, I think Chuck isn't used to having things not go his way. If they ran on Sunday's all problems would be gone.

Heard last night that Chuck thought Knoxville was in Tennessee, he had no idea it was in Iowa or what the Knoxville Nationals are, or that is why fans (and some drivers) are up in arms about them racing on the same night.

Hopefully Chuck can swallow his pride, admit he made some mistakes and do what's best for 410 racing in the Midwest.

Another rumor is that he is offering Terry McCarl $5000 per week show up $$$ to race at Huset's weekly.....if that is true, my guess is car counts will plummet as he isn't offering $$ to other drivers/teams to race there weekly other than the purse $.

TUTY
10-23-2015, 03:06 PM
Ya I heard McCarl is running a Badlands car next year. Really poor decision by Chuck if that's true. Crazy thing is Quiring is trying to save 410 Sprint Car racing in our area and Chuck not noingly is hurting it.