PDA

View Full Version : Ponderosa $25.000 fall classic drivers list

19bandit69
10-01-2015, 04:48 PM
The extended forecast looks pretty good for next week. Who will be there. Biggest purse in ponderosa speedway history.

One Man Gang
10-03-2015, 03:25 AM
Lanigan, Wells, Kinzer, Robinson have it on their schedules

brianuk21
10-03-2015, 09:15 AM
Pierce is now showing Magnolia on his schedule

One Man Gang
10-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Bloomer, Casebolt, Ogle Jr and Boles has it on schedule now

luv racin
10-05-2015, 05:39 PM
The Rice brothers have it on their schedule. I am just curious. Can somebody explain to me why most of the Lucas drivers are going to the Mag for 5k less when they could stop by on their way to PRP for 5k more? I dont understand that

LMPunk
10-05-2015, 05:49 PM
The Rice brothers have it on their schedule. I am just curious. Can somebody explain to me why most of the Lucas drivers are going to the Mag for 5k less when they could stop by on their way to PRP for 5k more? I dont understand that

More familiar with Magnolia or would just rather race there, perhaps? I'd imagine everyone at Ponderosa will head back to the house afterward. PRP isn't exactly across the country from the majority of the teams.

Mentioned it elsewhere but the only bummer about these two shows is that they fell on the same weekend. I'm sure a lot of guys (and fans, myself included) would've liked to hit both instead of having to choose. Not the worst problem to have for sure.

One Man Gang
10-05-2015, 07:46 PM
luv racin, aside from the 1st place money I think the Mag has a better pay purse

luv racin
10-05-2015, 07:55 PM
I haven't looked at the purse differences yet. Is it really that much of a difference? They got to go up through PRP the next weekend anyways for the Lucas guys then down to Charlotte so I figured more would come to the Pond.

WildcatFan
10-06-2015, 12:02 AM
Start money at the Pond is $1,000 and stays at $1,000 up to 10th place then grows. Anyone who starts the B-Main gets $100 tow money. The Mag pays $1,200 up to 14th then increases by $100 per spot up to 8th. The payout is about the same when you figure in the amount of tow money some drivers will use to make it to the Mag. Track familiarity must be the only reason for drawing most Lucas guys. The Mag also runs a Lucas race there so many could use it for a night of learning for next season. I do wish most would come to the Pond, though, with it being so close. Either way, there should be a dandy field of mods and crates there as well. Should be an awesome night of racing in all three classes.

pickersparadise
10-06-2015, 06:24 AM
greg johnson will be at the pond debuting the new #88jpmotorsports club 29

RadioMan
10-06-2015, 11:04 AM
Expected drivers include: Mike Marlar, Scott Bloomquist, Darrell Lanigan, Chris Madden, Josh Rice, James Rice, Dustin Linville, Eric Wells, Stacy Boles, Billy Ogle Jr., Michael Chilton, Greg Johnson, Devin Gilpin, Jason Wagner, Ray Cook, David Payne, Brandon Kinzer, Justin Rattliff, Johnny Wheeler, Victor Lee, Skylar Marlar, Jason Jameson, Wayne Chinn, Tommy Bailey, Eddie Carrier Jr., Cody Mahoney, Daniel Dial, Stephen Breeding, Steve Casebolt, Austyn Mills, Eric Centers, Donnie Sullivan.

Pennsboro23
10-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Marlar is on the Cotton Pickin list and this one. Wonder where he goes?

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Start money at the Pond is $1,000 and stays at $1,000 up to 10th place then grows. Anyone who starts the B-Main gets $100 tow money. The Mag pays $1,200 up to 14th then increases by $100 per spot up to 8th. The payout is about the same when you figure in the amount of tow money some drivers will use to make it to the Mag. Track familiarity must be the only reason for drawing most Lucas guys. The Mag also runs a Lucas race there so many could use it for a night of learning for next season. I do wish most would come to the Pond, though, with it being so close. Either way, there should be a dandy field of mods and crates there as well. Should be an awesome night of racing in all three classes.

B main guys get -$75 dollar tow money. The entry fee is $175!!!! They get the pleasure of putting $75 in Mr Denson's pocket before transponder fee.

RadioMan
10-06-2015, 11:14 AM
B-Main Non-Qualifiers Money is $100 at Ponderosa this weekend.

RadioMan
10-06-2015, 11:15 AM
The pre entry was only $125 and entry day of the event is $175. Some drivers took advantage and mailed their entries in early.

Clayton_Wetter
10-06-2015, 03:09 PM
I have a question. If Friday is rained out, do they run the whole thing on Saturday?

I'm ready the pass the Peckerwood Grocery and visit the POND!!!

LMPunk
10-06-2015, 05:36 PM
Marlar is on the Cotton Pickin list and this one. Wonder where he goes?

I know he loves Magnolia and runs well there, but I'll be shocked if Marlar passes on $25K just a couple hours up the road from the house at a place that he runs so well at like the Pond.

B_K
10-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Probably because one is a better facility and you can usually win from anywhere in the field.

Plus this race is established. You know you'll get Stokes best effort to race and be treated fairly. Not saying this won't happen in KY, but I think familiarity is helping pull some guys south.

wfofan
10-07-2015, 02:12 PM
What if Friday is rained out is better question????
Is track allowing fans to save same seats day after day or 1st come ea. day?
Come on, let's gets some answers, radioman...

hausman
10-07-2015, 09:09 PM
Owens has it on his schedule now

kd1
10-07-2015, 10:34 PM
the Pond is now on the Lucas schedule for next year .. that could change a couple of minds.

WildcatFan
10-07-2015, 11:30 PM
Could be a good opportunity for note taking for anyone that hasn't been there before or hasn't been there in numerous years.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-08-2015, 08:13 AM
How much did Pete Rose pay to play baseball?

Catfish N Rice 11
10-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Josh Rice will be there in his white #11, James Rice is still out of action right now.

Senroc-Systems
10-09-2015, 04:25 PM
Add Mason Zeigler

cutman
10-10-2015, 05:02 AM
Did this really need to be a 2 day show?

wfofan
10-10-2015, 09:28 AM
Yup
Track promoter needs $$$
2 day shows suck for fans
But most thgs do n dirt racing anymore
Shame technology makes btr cars, promoters do less for facilities
Most r rundown chitholes and tracks get chicken scratched
Nxt time I might tell how I really feel about it
:)

WildcatFan
10-10-2015, 03:48 PM
Running four classes all with above average money really needs two days otherwise the track would be completely shot come feature time. That would be a crazy number of laps on the surface. The first night probably should've been priced cheaper but I guess that's a price you pay for higher payouts. I would venture to say that the facilities will be upgraded by the Lucas race next year.

Clayton_Wetter
10-10-2015, 04:54 PM
Yup
Track promoter needs $$$
2 day shows suck for fans
But most thgs do n dirt racing anymore
Shame technology makes btr cars, promoters do less for facilities
Most r rundown chitholes and tracks get chicken scratched
Nxt time I might tell how I really feel about it
:)

Tell me about it! Chicken Scratch Speedway is my local track!!

wfofan
10-10-2015, 06:03 PM
Wildcat fans are highly intelligent...should've known...
Fuk 2 day shows and wildcat fans...
Chicken scratch is most all...

WildcatFan
10-10-2015, 11:15 PM
Easy to hate the best. Being a wfo fan, you'd think you'd appreciate a racey track over a rubbered over freight train. Oh well. Nice contradiction. Why is the Mag a two day show? Now if you wish to be civil, it would be nice if they ran two or three support classes only on Friday then Supers and one support class only on the Saturday night.

wfofan
10-11-2015, 01:25 AM
I'm jus bs n
It's all good

NormP
10-11-2015, 01:35 AM
Wildcat fans are highly intelligent...should've known...
Fuk 2 day shows and wildcat fans...
Chicken scratch is most all...

Go Big Blue!!

TS FAN
10-11-2015, 11:51 AM
Go Bearcats!!!!

Kwd1253
10-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Easy to hate the best. Being a wfo fan, you'd think you'd appreciate a racey track over a rubbered over freight train. Oh well. Nice contradiction. Why is the Mag a two day show? Now if you wish to be civil, it would be nice if they ran two or three support classes only on Friday then Supers and one support class only on the Saturday night.Im not going dis ponderosa like some.. but if ponderosa didnt have 25k race not same week as the mag. 20k race. They would picked up more cars. What i seen from dod it wast not train race until 25 or laps to go. But its been long time since they had 100 lapper there. Next year they have more knowledge how to prep the track for a 100 laps. The mag would had 10-15 more car count at min. Most of time they have 80 plus car count and need two day show for the cottin pickin 100. It kind of shock me that jimmy didnt go to the mag. Knowing scott or jd wasnt going to the mag. you could almost beat your house on him winning it with out them two being a factor there.

LMPunk
10-11-2015, 07:18 PM
You gotta figure Ponderosa getting a Lucas Oil race next season might've factored into Jimmy's decision to run there this weekend.

Or maybe it didn't, who knows.