PDA

View Full Version : Owens

dirt junkie
10-02-2015, 08:30 PM
It's hard to believe the lack of trophies he has carried home this year. Since January somewhere around 60 feature starts with only 3 wins. Crazy for a guy that's been so solid in the past. What gives?? Hope they get the hotrod figured out. Obviously a heck of a driver and a super nice guy

Pennsboro23
10-02-2015, 08:38 PM
Thing is, he's been consistently in the top 5 all year long. It's not like he hasn't had a good car capable of winning races. With Davenport and Bloomquist being so good this year, there isn't much you can do. I look for him to bounce back next year.

Nasty55
10-02-2015, 08:40 PM
Thing is, he's been consistently in the top 5 all year long. It's not like he hasn't had a good car capable of winning races. With Davenport and Bloomquist being so good this year, there isn't much you can do. I look for him to bounce back next year.

I look for him to be with a new team next yr as well......

dirt junkie
10-02-2015, 09:06 PM
When his equipment gets on par with them other guys, look out!! Jimmy is a wheel man. The one Lucas race he won was at Macon, elbows up kinda track! And hadn't been there just a few times in the past, I think?

My favorite guy to pull for for sure

zyoung25
10-03-2015, 12:35 AM
Considering he was probably the only one on the tour with the same exact equipment as last year, I feel like he done alright. His stuff is beyond used compared to the other top guys in lucas. He gets a couple new horses next year and I feel he'll be back to the Jimmy we are used to seeing.

huskerdirt
10-03-2015, 01:40 AM
Considering he was probably the only one on the tour with the same exact equipment as last year, I feel like he done alright. His stuff is beyond used compared to the other top guys in lucas. He gets a couple new horses next year and I feel he'll be back to the Jimmy we are used to seeing.

Not really. He just got a new car not that long ago. So saying beyond used up is an exaggeration. Is equipment getting tired? No doubt but that goes for about everybody.

Pretty much everybody on the tour has used a car they had last year at some point during the season.

pink floyd
10-03-2015, 07:47 AM
It's hard to believe the lack of trophies he has carried home this year. Since January somewhere around 60 feature starts with only 3 wins. Crazy for a guy that's been so solid in the past. What gives?? Hope they get the hotrod figured out. Obviously a heck of a driver and a super nice guy

he needs a new chemist. the one he has now hasn't figured out how to get around the current tire testing methods.

hucktyson
10-03-2015, 08:26 AM
Yeah RY45 cornetts and club 29 race cars .... Pure junk ..... A local crate guy would be embarrassed to even show up in such a hoopdie. Are you people on drugs or diks ???? I would bet both . I hate to break it to you but it's not easy to beat Rumley or Bloomquist ..... There's plenty of guys who have the best of the best with hired crew chiefs that go to big shows and watch from the trailer ... Owens runs solid top 5 and you guys think he should be ashamed ...

Barbecueboy
10-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Yeah RY45 cornetts and club 29 race cars .... Pure junk ..... A local crate guy would be embarrassed to even show up in such a hoopdie. Are you people on drugs or diks ???? I would bet both . I hate to break it to you but it's not easy to beat Rumley or Bloomquist ..... There's plenty of guys who have the best of the best with hired crew chiefs that go to big shows and watch from the trailer ... Owens runs solid top 5 and you guys think he should be ashamed ...

And yet another mention huckys favorite male body part............if I didn't know any better????

Josh Bayko
10-03-2015, 05:34 PM
He had a season that was a little off by his standards. Happens to all good drivers from time to time.