PDA

View Full Version : Ed Dixon

REM1187
10-07-2015, 07:30 PM
Seems like lite-inn hero Ed Dixon got caught again with trafficking meth. Sucks that a guy with that much talent threw it all away.

fryefan
10-07-2015, 10:35 PM
IF it is true, then I hope he gets help and gets his life turned back around.

huskerdirt
10-08-2015, 12:03 AM
http://www.kmov.com/story/30190625/5-arrested-other-sought-in-franklin-co-meth-ring-bust

hucktyson
10-08-2015, 04:39 AM
Looks like he does more than just sell meth

chupp n bloomer fan
10-08-2015, 05:26 AM
Looks like he does more than just sell methYes it does. If you seen old pictures of Dixon, maybe you have, he looked nothing like this. He's definitely hooked on the sh!t too. Shame people pi$$ their life away on it. I get it, I see how it can happen, but dam, get help.

actiontoo
10-08-2015, 06:09 AM
Wow ! I figured he was too old for that crap.

blncfn57
10-08-2015, 07:16 AM
another reason we need the "Trump wall"!!!! lol

Highside Hustler25
10-08-2015, 07:28 AM
wow, when I saw that I had no idea it was the same Dixon. shocked

Car Biz
10-08-2015, 07:52 AM
WOW I had a lot of fun with him at the tracks in the late ninety's I can't believe it. unreal

AnonymousNate
10-08-2015, 10:03 AM
that is insane!!!

Barbecueboy
10-08-2015, 01:14 PM
Ice, ice baby..............losers

Clayton_Wetter
10-08-2015, 02:49 PM
And now a moment of silence for LITE-INN, as his hero has let him down. https://youtu.be/K8E_zMLCRNg

Wells Racing Photos
10-08-2015, 03:29 PM
Doesn't even look like him.

Baddboy1
10-08-2015, 06:15 PM
Not the same guy I remember a few years ago.

TheJet-09
10-08-2015, 06:19 PM
I feel bad for kids that look up to racers that end up like this. I remember idolizing guys at our local track when I was young. What you eventually learn are there are not many "angels" making left turns on any given Friday/Saturday/Sunday night. Regardless of what level you race at, we all have our issues...some worse than others. I've lost count of how many racers, from just my area, that have been or currently are in prison. Outrageous stuff too! Through my time around racing I've meet some of the most generous, genuinely good people you could ever imagine...and I've met some of the most rotten people you could ever imagine. What really gets me is when the term "Hero" is used to describe a racer. There is no correlation between heroism and pushing a gas peddle and turning left...most certainly not when we have men and women who make the ultimate sacrifice protecting our communities and serving our country!

swartzman
10-08-2015, 11:31 PM
Wow!!! We always parked together when we were at the same track.. DAYUM!!

D. Tidrow
10-09-2015, 01:24 AM
Wow!!! We always parked together when we were at the same track.. DAYUM!!It's a bad deal, I hope Ed dixons family or who ever gets help.

hucktyson
10-09-2015, 07:04 AM
What about all of the lives they ruined by putting this poison on the streets ??? This isn't a victimless crime. People searching for their next fix routinely steal and murder innocent victims ....

AnonymousNate
10-09-2015, 10:39 AM
I seriously ponder on how many drivers out the in the racing world are on something like that!... Bloomquist,Dixon, a mod driver on the USMTS Mike Spaulding had an episode with some meth! Really does strike my curiosity going! Do know of a couple local racers that had them selfs a lil habbit.... least that's what I have been told...

hucktyson
10-09-2015, 01:11 PM
So Bloomquist snorting coke in the 90's is now the same as a dude on meth in 2015 ???

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-09-2015, 01:39 PM
So Bloomquist snorting coke in the 90's is now the same as a dude on meth in 2015 ???

No but its ok for bloomer to do that. Its not illegal!

hucktyson
10-09-2015, 02:57 PM
No but in the late 80's early 90's most of the people out drinking at 2am did Coke ..... Before they realized how bad it is for you . Very very few people are on meth and they are the absolute dregs of society ....

chupp n bloomer fan
10-09-2015, 04:38 PM
No but its ok for bloomer to do that. Its not illegal!Bloomer was caught with under 3 grams of coke in like 1991. That is less than an eighth of an ounce. 16 ounces to a pound. He has been at the top of his profession for about thirty years. You cannot be at the level he is and have a habit like Ed Dixon has. You look at Dixon, you can see he has ruined his life on meth. Yes both are illegal, but it's like comparing speeding to a DUI.

And this thread is about Ed Dixon being nailed for dealing and using meth, not Bloomer getting caught with a couple grams 24 years ago or so.

MN Dirt Daddy
10-09-2015, 05:30 PM
right on, this thread is about ED!!!!!

Dirtdobber
10-09-2015, 06:39 PM
What a shame. I knew the real ,Ed Dixon. He was a quality guy that would help you any way he could. I was suspicious of his addiction many years ago shortly after he lost his big sponsorship from Charlie. Mark Gansmann knows him well after Ed took his woman. Ed took a major slide down the spiral of life when he got divorced from his wife. Maybe the reason she left him was because of his addiction, who knows.
What I find ironic is the people that worshiped the ground Ed walked on we're the same ones that crucified Bloomquist for his run in with the law over drugs. That is exactly why I have always said never say anything bad about someone you don't really know. I'm sure there a ton more stories the same as this one that will turn up eventually. You never know about someone until you really know them personally. Don't judge people so quickly I guess is what I'm trying to say. But when the truth comes out then you can make your decision about a persons character.

Clayton_Wetter
10-09-2015, 07:44 PM
Bloomer was caught with under 3 grams of coke in like 1991. That is less than an eighth of an ounce. 16 ounces to a pound. He has been at the top of his profession for about thirty years. You cannot be at the level he is and have a habit like Ed Dixon has. You look at Dixon, you can see he has ruined his life on meth. Yes both are illegal, but it's like comparing speeding to a DUI.

And this thread is about Ed Dixon being nailed for dealing and using meth, not Bloomer getting caught with a couple grams 24 years ago or so.

There you go SLIDEWAYS. You never miss a chance to do a hit piece on Bloomquist even if you have to change the subject. That's why people get the impression that you are an obsessed hater that needs to get a life. Now cry us another river on how double standards let the rest of us get away with it. and you are the poor little guy that's getting trolled and picked on. SHEEEEESH!!!

Nasty55
10-09-2015, 08:00 PM
No but its ok for bloomer to do that. Its not illegal!

Who said that it wasn't illegal for Scott bloomquist jumper? I mean seriously you have a boner for bloomquist so bad that it clouds your judgement on him....... He paid his dues back in the day and has straightened his life out but yet there are some like you that like to continue stirring the pot..... No pun intended.....

jlacey
10-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Hope he gets the help he needs, but seriously its 2015 and people still crucify Bloomquist for charges from the early 90s? He paid his dues, I guarantee theres many many more that arent so innocent either. He was just an unlucky 1 that got caught.

Crossbones
10-09-2015, 10:05 PM
Very very few people are on meth and they are the absolute dregs of society ....

LOL Where do you live?

zyoung25
10-09-2015, 10:33 PM
LOL Where do you live?

Exactly.....I live in a small town and meth heads get busted weekly. It's normally front page material every week of the local newspaper. Can't help to think it's way worse in cities and larger towns.

budmuufin
10-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Yes it does. If you seen old pictures of Dixon, maybe you have, he looked nothing like this. He's definitely hooked on the sh!t too. Shame people pi$$ their life away on it. I get it, I see how it can happen, but dam, get help. What do you expect, Ed's no spring chicken he's getting on up there in years.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-10-2015, 02:53 PM
What do you expect, Ed's no spring chicken he's getting on up there in years.Lol. Guess I'll have to clarify it for you. Ed doesn't look like a guy "just getting up there in years". He looks like exactly what he is, a meth head and a dealer.

Nasty55
10-10-2015, 03:55 PM
Lol. Guess I'll have to clarify it for you. Ed doesn't look like a guy "just getting up there in years". He looks like exactly what he is, a meth head and a dealer.

Yeah cnb he definitely has the look of a veteran meth head for sure... I can remember this guy in his prime racing days and for whatever it is worth he has definitely taken a path that I would of never imagined he would be on...

Nasty55
10-10-2015, 04:00 PM
No but in the late 80's early 90's most of the people out drinking at 2am did Coke ..... Before they realized how bad it is for you . Very very few people are on meth and they are the absolute dregs of society ....

So I take it that you feel that your area of Pennsylvania is to good for methheads? I'd almost bet ol Johnny boy that you have a meth head living real close to you...... Sergio maybe?

hucktyson
10-10-2015, 04:37 PM
Meth is big in rural areas .... Suburban areas have a much bigger problem with heroin than meth. But people on meth are the absolute biggest $hitbags on earth ...

chupp n bloomer fan
10-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Yeah cnb he definitely has the look of a veteran meth head for sure... I can remember this guy in his prime racing days and for whatever it is worth he has definitely taken a path that I would of never imagined he would be on...Yeah, I can't believe it either. But it's drugs man. Some of the brightest, nicest people you know, touch it, and aren't strong enough, or smart enough, to run once they know they are in trouble.

Nasty55
10-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Meth is big in rural areas .... Suburban areas have a much bigger problem with heroin than meth. But people on meth are the absolute biggest $hitbags on earth ...

I get what your saying but suburban people aren't imune to it either.... Some of the people living closest to you could be on the stuff and you not even know it... That's my point...

blncfn57
10-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Prolly had to sell it to afford racing and got hooked!! not really funny, but lol

golddirt
10-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Arrested not convicted, yet

Dirtdobber
10-11-2015, 05:32 AM
Yep...... Just like OJ Simpson

Nasty55
10-11-2015, 05:52 AM
Yep...... Just like OJ Simpson

Absolutely stupid comment.... Whats this got to do with OJ Simpson? Absolutely nothing!! Comparing the 2 is like comparing a ripe tomato to a rotten watermelon.........

AnonymousNate
10-11-2015, 10:54 AM
whats those names are drug related... this thread is an ed Dixon DRUG related thread! just because I bring some names up dose not mean I trying to compare or any type of s!hit like that!!.. but that usmts driver now that's a diff story he was hooked up meth.....

budmuufin
10-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Yeah cnb he definitely has the look of a veteran meth head for sure... I can remember this guy in his prime racing days and for whatever it is worth he has definitely taken a path that I would of never imagined he would be on... Will i'll have to give you 2 credit, sounds as though you would be able to pick a meth head out of a police lineup. I for 1 wouldn't be so skilled!

Nasty55
10-11-2015, 01:27 PM
Will i'll have to give you 2 credit, sounds as though you would be able to pick a meth head out of a police lineup. I for 1 wouldn't be so skilled!

Not trying to be a smartass here but have known this guy for yrs and just know his look is all...... has nothing to do with picking anyone out of a police line up wise guy!!

Josh Bayko
10-11-2015, 06:32 PM
Exactly.....I live in a small town and meth heads get busted weekly. It's normally front page material every week of the local newspaper. Can't help to think it's way worse in cities and larger towns.

In Huck's defense, here in Pittsburgh, meth really isn't a big problem. You really don't hear much about it.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-11-2015, 09:05 PM
Will i'll have to give you 2 credit, sounds as though you would be able to pick a meth head out of a police lineup. I for 1 wouldn't be so skilled!Well, if you can't spot a person when you're out an about who looks like they are an addict, then that's on you. Watch COPS, the news, Intervention, when I was younger I did party, one app I have has had a category with people before and after meth. It's not hard to spot, wether it's crack, heroin, meth, obviously don't know which one, it destroys a person. Shame they don't get help, but is what it is.

fryefan
10-11-2015, 10:58 PM

I don't know who you were hanging out with in the late 80's and early 90's, but it sounds like the dregs of that era. Personally, I knew a lot of people that drank then, but not one of them did cocaine. People who used that stuff were hardcore druggies, just like those who use meth today.

D. Tidrow
10-12-2015, 12:45 AM
I don't know who you were hanging out with in the late 80's and early 90's, but it sounds like the dregs of that era. Personally, I knew a lot of people that drank then, but not one of them did cocaine. People who used that stuff were hardcore druggies, just like those who use meth today.Sorry fry fan but you are wrong. Meth hits all walks of life now. The biggest now is prescription drugs. So many people hooked on that now. All walks of life, it's no longer your typical crackhead now. So many people under the falseness of the doctors orders. My aunt is a well now Sergion in the Chicago area and the drug companies swoon her with their trips and cash advances. There was a time when she could survive in her own practice. Now she has to be involved in a office with multiple doctors to offord the malpractice insurance. She is one of the doctors involved in the Chicago land speedway. She is not one of the many dirtbags out there. Many patients hang on the every word of their doctor.

hucktyson
10-12-2015, 06:12 AM
In Pittsburgh people OD left and right on heroin. They start off crushing up and snorting narcotic pain killers and then they move on to heroin. Meth isn't popular . Now if you go to clearfield county northeast of Pittsburgh and 75% of the residents there are on meth .... And I didn't hang our with anyone in the late 80's as I wasn't born until 1980...

t.nie
10-12-2015, 08:51 AM
I'd say this is the end of the road for Dixon. Couple years ago the cops busted him for DUI and threw him in jail. When they searched him he had some meth on him he didn't tell them about when they brought him in. That omission turns into a felony drug charge of smuggling drugs into a jail. I think he got 5 years for that, last I knew he was serving that sentence. Looks like he got out, only to go and get himself into this.

All I can think is "just say no" kids. Drugs ruin lives, particularly yours. It's sad, I liked Ed the times I met him and talked to him at the track.

Matt49
10-12-2015, 03:08 PM
Heroin is coming back in popularity largely because prescription pain pills are getting more expensive. Like the addictive pain pills, heroin is an opiate and provides the same high.
You'd be amazed at the kind of people that end up on drugs. They weren't all born bad people and often times do not get hooked because of recreational use. A good friend of mine from high school was injured in a motorcycle accident and became hooked on pain pills during his recovery. Two years later he died from an overdose...he had resorted to melting down pain patches and injecting the liquid. Super great guy and simply got mixed up with the crap through no fault of his own. For many people, by the time they realize they have a problem it is too late. Either the damage is done or somebody finds you dead on the floor first.

As for drugs in the racing community, there is and always has been a correlation there. People that use drugs recreationally have some of the same personality characteristics of people who race things. The main one being that they are risk takers.
Doing drugs doesn't inherently make somebody a bad person. But what drugs can do to a person can make a person do some things that they would certainly not be proud of. Stealing from you own friends and family is not something the average person would do. But you take that same average person and get them hooked on a drug that their body can't do without and you'll see some major changes in their values.

hucktyson
10-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Matt I would agree if it was 2001. It's well known what narcotic pain killers lead to now . Everyone knows people who got hooked and died , I had 4 surgerys that resulted in me getting large perscriptions and I took them the first 2 days and flushed the rest so no one else got the poison . I had 7 perscriptions I never even filled. Now I'm
A dude who drinks zero beers or drinks on the average week but I can go drink till 430 am like
I did Friday at the strip joint . The pills were there but I knew what it leads to , I can afford a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) ton of cocaine but I've never touched a single flake because I knew what it leads to. It's called personal responsibility

Barbecueboy
10-12-2015, 04:49 PM
You flushed narcotics??????

Moron.

And if you stayed at the strip club and paid these girls( or most likely guys knowing your affinity ) you did nothing but enable them to be able to purchase their heroin or drug of choice.

I get personal responsibility, what I don't get is personal hypocrisy!!!!

chupp n bloomer fan
10-12-2015, 06:28 PM
I don't know who you were hanging out with in the late 80's and early 90's, but it sounds like the dregs of that era. Personally, I knew a lot of people that drank then, but not one of them did cocaine. People who used that stuff were hardcore druggies, just like those who use meth today.You may have honestly hung around people who didn't. But sometimes people will hang with their drug friends then their regular friends. I was shocked in high school and college to see the people who actually partied. And yes I mean partied. You don't have to be a hardcore druggie, you can sample stuff, but never make it a habit. That's where these people have went wrong, it became a habit and before they know it they are done.