PDA

View Full Version : RR underslung bar on 2014 Rocket?

jrkracing54
10-08-2015, 01:11 AM
I have noticed a lot of guys are taking them out. Anyone got any info on this? Pro's or Con's either way. Thanks in advance guys I haven't ran my new car yet but I'm getting close so thought I would ask. John 1*

hucktyson
10-08-2015, 03:56 AM
I would leave it in . The bar had to make the car stiffer and therefore more responsive to adjustments

7uptruckracer
10-08-2015, 07:06 AM
I have noticed a lot of guys are taking them out. Anyone got any info on this? Pro's or Con's either way. Thanks in advance guys I haven't ran my new car yet but I'm getting close so thought I would ask. John 1*

Most are taking then off correct. Try it. So many variables. You know the problems the rockets have these days. It can help them under the right circumstances.

hucktyson
10-08-2015, 09:14 AM
What issue are these cars having that removing structural pieces is fixing ?

7uptruckracer
10-08-2015, 10:38 AM
It helps the car turn in better. Changes the flex on the RR Rail. Cars that flex more have a bigger sweet spot too. When it flexes it absorbs some of the RR loading helping it turn in. Some cars out there are 13-18 night and you see them for sale and the guys say they "flex out"

Matt49
10-08-2015, 02:48 PM
A flexible car has a bigger sweet spot but does not respond well to adjustment (spring changes ,bar changes ,etc).
A stiff car is very responsive to changes but has a smaller sweet spot for balanced setup.
Along with chasing the non-existent perfect front end geometry for all conditions, this what most dirt chassis builders are working toward: a car that is adjustable yet still drive-able when you miss the setup.
Cars built for the masses are difficult to get perfect for every condition and driving style which is why so many of the guys that have the smarts and the resources to do it just build their own cars from scratch.