PDA

View Full Version : Gunter's Honey Ride

Club29
10-15-2015, 07:45 PM
Seems like over the years he has been taking a step backwards in talent in his cars!!!! Over the years he's had Bo Feathers, D.J Myers, Jt Spence and now Dale Hollidge!!! Bo was by far best in his cars, D.j not being far behind, JT not near as good as either!!! With all the talent in that region could of made a lot better choice that Dale Hollidge!!! With the amount of money he puts in this equipment should have double digit wins every year like Bo and D.j!!! What a waste of good Equipment!!!

BTExpress
10-15-2015, 07:55 PM
Who would you have liked to see get the ride?

Mudweiser
10-15-2015, 08:06 PM
Who would you have liked to see get the ride?

Good question BTE... Another keyboard owner spending someone else's money... Dale is a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good choice.. Young and upcoming driver that has run very well regionally in family-owned equipment... Didn't get to Potomac tonight, but I heard he was down there turning some pretty good laps...

Club29
10-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Really Dale a good choice must be a relative to him!! Family owned car now that's a good one Gunter was all over that car! Probably footing most of the bills!!! With all talent just think could of been better choices!!! Jackson, Moreland, Hardy, Covert, Anderson to name just a few!!!

Mudweiser
10-16-2015, 12:01 AM
Really Dale a good choice must be a relative to him!! Family owned car now that's a good one Gunter was all over that car! Probably footing most of the bills!!! With all talent just think could of been better choices!!! Jackson, Moreland, Hardy, Covert, Anderson to name just a few!!!

No sir, not a relative... Yes sir, Greg had his name on the car... But so did Ken Dixon, Three Mules, Carruth & Sons, D&D, etc... And of the guys mentioned above, only one has a better resume, and he's not getting out of the 72...

th3Swami
10-16-2015, 12:01 AM
sounds more like a personal difference...it probably just makes more sense being as how the hollidges and gunters have been doing business with eachother for a few years outside of the racecar itself. hollidge has also knocked off the outlaws in the past.

Josh Bayko
10-16-2015, 06:46 AM
How is Dale Hollidge not "qualified" for a high end regional ride?

prodirtcar32
10-16-2015, 08:52 AM
Keith Jackson turned the ride down. It is great equipment and I wouldn't consider JT a step down from Bo & DJ. I think they all did pretty well in Greg's car. The only issue I see is that you're locked into Potomac & Winchester for 95% of your season. (which from Greg's point I understand. If I spent that much money I would want to see my car race too). The bad thing is the area loses another good car with The 0 becoming the 91.

j1s
10-16-2015, 10:42 AM
It is great equipment and I wouldn't consider JT a step down from Bo & DJ. I think they all did pretty well in Greg's car. The only issue I see is that you're locked into Potomac & Winchester for 95% of your season. (which from Greg's point I understand. If I spent that much money I would want to see my car race too). The bad thing is the area loses another good car with The 0 becoming the 91.
You are spot on prodirtcar32. One thing I will say is this: Gunter expects ultimate respect of his equipment and the situation the driver has been granted. Hollidge will do this better than any other driver in the area, not because he is better dude than all the other drivers, but because of prior relationship of Gunter and the Hollidges.

W2Racing09
10-16-2015, 01:32 PM
Keith Jackson turned the ride down. It is great equipment and I wouldn't consider JT a step down from Bo & DJ. I think they all did pretty well in Greg's car. The only issue I see is that you're locked into Potomac & Winchester for 95% of your season. (which from Greg's point I understand. If I spent that much money I would want to see my car race too). The bad thing is the area loses another good car with The 0 becoming the 91.

That is exactly what I was thinking too when I heard this news, it makes sense on one end as Gunter has had a relationship with Hollidge, but on the other end Potomac and Winchester certainly couldn't afford to lose another car -- especially not one of the most competitive of the bunch. There are other drivers that could have been considered that have not been mentioned (Although Moreland, or Anderson would have made sense too) -- how about Darin Henderson? He has been outright dominant at times in the Crate division at both tracks, and on top of that he is young and does an excellent job of marketing his sponsors. Another suggestion would have been Jeremy Coffey, he is another excellent wheel man currently running in the LLM division in the area. Both drivers would certainly have brought something new to the SLM field at both tracks, and you would still have Hollidge there competing on a weekly basis too.

Thanks,
Jeff.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-16-2015, 03:06 PM
Really Dale a good choice must be a relative to him!! Family owned car now that's a good one Gunter was all over that car! Probably footing most of the bills!!! With all talent just think could of been better choices!!! Jackson, Moreland, Hardy, Covert, Anderson to name just a few!!!Hardy picked up Eckerts Viper deal when Eckert and Crowl went to Longhorn.

lee90racing
10-16-2015, 03:24 PM
I would say JT did a fine job based on the last 2 years of DJ being in the seat. JT had multiple wins each season and 2 track championships. Also, he always made sure Greg's stuff looked good including the rig, that's a full time job itself. As far as who "we" think should fill the seat that's really irrelevant since its not our money. As for Dale, nothing really changes other than having a nicer truck and trailer. Same car, same motors, same shocks and same guy turning wrenches.

BTExpress
10-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Just checked Potomac's final 2015 point standings. Dale finished second in points with 3 wins on the season. Only Covert did better, winning the championship with 4 wins, and has already been mentioned, Covert is not available.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-16-2015, 05:23 PM
Just checked Potomac's final 2015 point standings. Dale finished second in points with 3 wins on the season. Only Covert did better, winning the championship with 4 wins, and has already been mentioned, Covert is not available.But you're using facts, that's not the 4m way;).

doomsday
10-16-2015, 06:39 PM
So a good driver gets the better equipment, good deal for him. Questions is, how much longer will Gunter continue to sponsor? But he needs to be more creative and get his local drivers to stay home instead of running at Hagerstown. He needs Bo, Tavenner, Hardy, Omps, Brannon, Miller and a couple others to be regulars again.

dirtMAN007
10-16-2015, 08:33 PM
Spinchester and Potomac will be without the 0 and the 72 next year , so that is 2 less cars for the weekly shows !!

BTExpress
10-16-2015, 09:32 PM
Where is the 72 going?????

PennDirt
10-17-2015, 01:29 AM
I was always appreciative of DJ's travel expanse. Anytime a sponsor owner can get more coverage from his talent, everybody wins.

h1ghs1de
10-17-2015, 02:20 AM
the problem with the ride is potomac, drivers and crew members have jobs...leaving every friday around noon to deal with traffic and the long haul gets old

dirtMAN007
10-17-2015, 06:20 AM
And that is a shame because potomac 's racing is by far the better of the two tracks !!

dirtMAN007
10-17-2015, 06:22 AM
where is the 72 going?????

it is my opinion that in 2016 you will not see the 72 at potomac and winchester on a weekly basis !!!

j1s
10-17-2015, 07:55 AM
The 72 shop is less than 10 miles from Potomac. If they have a car which they have for many years, it will be at Potomac. As for the driver being the same... Dirtman007 may have knowledge the rest of don't, but I highly doubt it.

jlacey
10-17-2015, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE=W2Racing09;1962617]

-- how about Darin Henderson? He has been outright dominant at times in the Crate division at both tracks

That would be a good choice I think

dirtMAN007
10-17-2015, 11:53 AM
the 72 shop is less than 10 miles from potomac. If they have a car which they have for many years, it will be at potomac. As for the driver being the same... Dirtman007 may have knowledge the rest of don't, but i highly doubt it.

i didn't say anything about the driver , i was only speaking about the car !!!!!!!!!!!!!