PDA

View Full Version : National Dirt Late Model Hall Of Fame Class of 2016 - 5 drivers & 3 contributors

HoosierDirtFan
10-19-2015, 02:48 PM
National Dirt Late Model Hall Of Fame Class of 2016
5 drivers & 3 contributors

Per Dirt On Dirt
-
DRIVERS
Tom Hearst - Muscatine, Iowa
Tony Izzo Sr. - Chicago, Illinois
Fulmer Lance - Washington, Georgia
Tiny Lund - Harlan, Iowa
Leon Plank - Mondovi, Wisconsin

CONTRIBUTORS
Steve Norris - Batesville, Arkansas
Ed Petroff - Caseyville, Illinois
Lee Roy Rumley - Greensboro, North Carolina

lazermod3
10-19-2015, 10:12 PM
As far as the drivers go,I have no issue,but as far as the "CONTRIBUTORS," (EXCEPT FOR ONE)you people must be joking.

flagone
10-19-2015, 10:17 PM
Which 2 do you not agree with?

lazermod3
10-20-2015, 05:49 AM
Petroff,is the only one that's derserving for this award.

flagone
10-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Hmmm. Really now?

Please explain. Would like to hear why you have that opinion.

flagone
10-21-2015, 03:05 PM
Also Forrest Lucas will receive a Lifetime Achievement Award from the NDLMHoF

MUD MAESTRO
10-21-2015, 05:04 PM
Didn't see Tiny Lund or Fulmer Lance race dirt, but i can attest that Hearst, Plank, Izzo Sr are deserving additions to the Hall.
Nice to see the hall acknowledge the accomplishments of so many great Illinois and Iowa drivers.

lazermod3
10-21-2015, 08:15 PM
Hmmm. Really now?

Please explain. Would like to hear why you have that opinion.

No explanation needed,there are many,many more contributors to the sport that are more deserving,then the two that I disagree with.

huskerdirt
10-21-2015, 08:32 PM
No explanation needed,there are many,many more contributors to the sport that are more deserving,then the two that I disagree with.

Actually please do explain. You say there are many more. Certainly you can give us just a couple.

Everybody gets recognition in due time.

flagone
10-21-2015, 10:05 PM
So a crew chief who has been with the same driver for 33 years and in that time won 6 World 100s, 6 UMP Summer Nationals Titles, 2 World of Outlaw Championships, A HAT Championship, 2 Dreams, 2 DTWCs and every other major event isn't deserved of being in the Hall of Fame?

Or a guy who has been a car owner and engine builder for OVER 50 years with some of the best drivers on the East coast and who has wins in STARS, HAT, WoO, Lucas, UMP, SAS, MLRA, ULTIMATE, Carolina Clash, MACs, Southern Nationals and AMS among others. He also now has a World 100 and a Dream trophy along with a Lucas Championship?

Brian I know you like being all anti-establishment and "the rebel badass" but you cannot back up what you are saying here with facts. The above are facts and I don't know many other contributors on the ballot with more of a resume than either of those 2. And if so PLEASE give us that name and resume.

fryefan
10-21-2015, 10:27 PM

You couldn't be more wrong.

BadlandsBandit12
10-22-2015, 11:59 AM
well said and I agree with this statement!!!

So a crew chief who has been with the same driver for 33 years and in that time won 6 World 100s, 6 UMP Summer Nationals Titles, 2 World of Outlaw Championships, A HAT Championship, 2 Dreams, 2 DTWCs and every other major event isn't deserved of being in the Hall of Fame?

Or a guy who has been a car owner and engine builder for OVER 50 years with some of the best drivers on the East coast and who has wins in STARS, HAT, WoO, Lucas, UMP, SAS, MLRA, ULTIMATE, Carolina Clash, MACs, Southern Nationals and AMS among others. He also now has a World 100 and a Dream trophy along with a Lucas Championship?

Brian I know you like being all anti-establishment and "the rebel badass" but you cannot back up what you are saying here with facts. The above are facts and I don't know many other contributors on the ballot with more of a resume than either of those 2. And if so PLEASE give us that name and resume.

BadlandsBandit12
10-22-2015, 12:02 PM
This is very nice to see Leon Plank get in. He was a very good racer from my area. Now they need to get in Rick Egersdorf from my area next.

RumleyFan
10-22-2015, 12:34 PM
By my 4m name of course I am partial. Just let me say even with the success Lee Roy Rumley accomplished in 2015, he deserved to be inducted into the hall of fame before this year. I requested his induction for many years which fell on deaf ears. I applaud the committee for their selections for 2016.

TowerView
10-22-2015, 02:24 PM
All are well deserved...

JDZ
10-23-2015, 09:24 AM
This is very nice to see Leon Plank get in. He was a very good racer from my area. Now they need to get in Rick Egersdorf from my area next.

10-4, good buddy.

gorj
10-23-2015, 12:47 PM
If your in the Charleston SC area, Old Santee Canal Park in Moncks Corner has a ton of Tiny Lund memorabilia in the museum. Lund's shop was in Cross, SC just outside of Moncks Corner. Summerville Speedway used to hold the Tiny Lund Memorial, a mid week race in August. Lund beat Buck Baker in a 250 lapper at Summerville. The Tiny Lund Memorial always had the top drivers, Fulmer Lance raced at Summerville.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-23-2015, 01:09 PM
Is bloomer already inducted in this hof?

TS FAN
10-23-2015, 01:41 PM
6 or 7 times/smile