PDA

View Full Version : Lanigan to Bowyer

huskerdirt
10-21-2015, 04:28 PM
News on DoD. Will be a Lucas regular.

Highside Hustler25
10-21-2015, 04:30 PM
and team with ONeal. Wonder how that will work?

MUD MAESTRO
10-21-2015, 04:41 PM
Being replaced....Best thing ever happened to Steve Francis........Maybe he can return to his winning ways.

O'Neal and Lanigan team mates........they deserve each other.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-21-2015, 04:45 PM
Wow. Will cbr be switching to club 29? Does barry stay or go?

huskerdirt
10-21-2015, 04:47 PM
Wow. Will cbr be switching to club 29? Does barry stay or go?

Barry is out.
Club 29 is in.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-21-2015, 04:53 PM
Barry is out.
Club 29 is in.

Ok thanks for info husker

kinda what I thought but wasnt sure

Kwoods25
10-21-2015, 05:40 PM
I think Francis will be just fine. Always has done better on his own anyway

BTExpress
10-21-2015, 06:19 PM
A little bit of a surprise with Lanigan getting the ride. I guess this will give him more time for his Club 29 chassis business. If we listened to all the rumors, the bigger surprise was O'Neal staying instead of Francis.

Pennsboro23
10-21-2015, 06:21 PM
My thoughts on this:

Francis will be better in his own equipment, always has been. I would like to see Steve run the WoO tour or just run big shows that make sense for him.

Lucas Oil just got stronger than it already was. Bloomquist, Owens, Lanigan, Pearson, O'Neal, and who knows about JD next year. Wow.

pink floyd
10-21-2015, 06:25 PM
My thoughts on this:

Francis will be better in his own equipment, always has been. I would like to see Steve run the WoO tour or just run big shows that make sense for him.

Lucas Oil just got stronger than it already was. Bloomquist, Owens, Lanigan, Pearson, O'Neal, and who knows about JD next year. Wow.

landers and erb deserve to be mentioned also.

In The Gas
10-21-2015, 06:29 PM
O'Neal is in the best situation he has ever been in with all the motors and equipment at his disposal. Unless he was let go from Bowyer I don't see him going anywhere. I guess the whole O'Neal to Masters talk was 4M BS but it was an interesting thread and got people talking.
This team will be awesome and can't wait to see Lanigan on the LODLMS.

Rollover
10-21-2015, 06:36 PM
wonder where this leaves jameson?

pink floyd
10-21-2015, 06:42 PM
wonder where this leaves jameson?

he will still be driving recklessly at a track near you

dlm25jr
10-21-2015, 06:48 PM
Basically, you got both house cars on the Lucas series, now.....Pearson/Lanigan

Wonder how that will affect sales on the Woo circuit?

zyoung25
10-21-2015, 06:54 PM
Since when is Pearson a house car?

Josh Bayko
10-21-2015, 07:05 PM
It's an interesting move for sure. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Francis goes back to the WoO instead of staying with Lucas because of how stacked the top of Lucas is now.

dlm25jr
10-21-2015, 07:11 PM
Since when is Pearson a house car?

Lets just say its not 100% official, but if you know their history, then.........!

zyoung25
10-21-2015, 07:14 PM
Stuckey doesn't work with that team no more than he does anyone else that owns a black diamond car. Yes, he used to turn the wrenches on that car years ago, but not anymore. I'm not sure of his name, they call him Fish is the wrench man on that car now. I'd be shocked if that team stays with those cars for next year.

Crossbones
10-21-2015, 07:14 PM
Wonder what the car will look like? The 15? or 29?

rickybrown1952
10-21-2015, 07:19 PM
So now next year you will have these drivers potentially contending for the championship bloomquist,davenport,owens,o'Neal,and now lanigan wow

huskerdirt
10-21-2015, 07:26 PM

I'm thinking 51 if that's what Bowyers cup car is numbered.

huskerdirt
10-21-2015, 07:36 PM
Some random thoughts....

Lucas is loaded next year. That might open up an opportunity for a guy to take a stab at WoO.

Does Francis run national stuff(tour or not) or does he run more regionally?

What does this mean for Jameson? He was suppose to run WoO last year. Does he take a stab at the Lucas series since they wouldn't be running 2 cars out of Lanigans shop.

Does this mean some guys might shy away from trying Lucas because it appears to have gotten more top heavy.

dirt junkie
10-21-2015, 07:43 PM
Looks like he'll be racing at his home track again

dlm25jr
10-21-2015, 07:46 PM
Stuckey doesn't work with that team no more than he does anyone else that owns a black diamond car. Yes, he used to turn the wrenches on that car years ago, but not anymore. I'm not sure of his name, they call him Fish is the wrench man on that car now. I'd be shocked if that team stays with those cars for next year.

Sorry, that's not true! If you knew me, you would know I have a little more inside info than most.

zyoung25
10-21-2015, 07:57 PM
If you knew me.....you would've seen me around that car a good bit this year. So keep on believing, and I'll keep knowing the real truth.

buster83
10-21-2015, 08:16 PM
sounds like a good deal,and good luck to Francis

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-21-2015, 08:33 PM
Some random thoughts....

Lucas is loaded next year. That might open up an opportunity for a guy to take a stab at WoO.

Does Francis run national stuff(tour or not) or does he run more regionally?

What does this mean for Jameson? He was suppose to run WoO last year. Does he take a stab at the Lucas series since they wouldn't be running 2 cars out of Lanigans shop.

Does this mean some guys might shy away from trying Lucas because it appears to have gotten more top heavy.

I was wondering the same about guys swiching over to woo. Just a thought.

NormP
10-21-2015, 09:31 PM

Hasn't the car traditionally been whatever number the driver wanted? I don't think it was 15 when Davenport drove it, and Landers wasnt 5 when he drove for Bowyer.

Either way, I'm glad to see Francis out. I think we'll see him back to his winning ways now.

That Bowyer team doesn't seem to have as much success as it should with the backing that it has. I hope Lanigan doesn't suffer the same fate as Davenport and Francis did while driving for Bowyer.

So since Francis is getting back together with Tim Logan, does that mean they'll be back in Rockets?

edavis71
10-21-2015, 09:39 PM
and team with ONeal. Wonder how that will work?

My thoughts exactly Hustler. I definitely see some head butting between these 2 for sure!!!

Pennsboro23
10-21-2015, 09:39 PM
Hasn't the car traditionally been whatever number the driver wanted? I don't think it was 15 when Davenport drove it, and Landers wasnt 5 when he drove for Bowyer.

Either way, I'm glad to see Francis out. I think we'll see him back to his winning ways now.

That Bowyer team doesn't seem to have as much success as it should with the backing that it has. I hope Lanigan doesn't suffer the same fate as Davenport and Francis did while driving for Bowyer.

So since Francis is getting back together with Tim Logan, does that mean they'll be back in Rockets?

Davenport drove 15, and Landers drove 5.

huskerdirt
10-21-2015, 09:40 PM

Not since 2011 when McDowell and Landers drove for him. In 2012 when Davenport came on board. The numbers changed to 5 and 15.

SnakeX3
10-21-2015, 10:09 PM
Not since 2011 when McDowell and Landers drove for him. In 2012 when Davenport came on board. The numbers changed to 5 and 15.

Also I remember O'Neal asking if he could keep his number and Bowyer told him no. I think I saw that on the Bowyer interview with Despain.

zyoung25
10-21-2015, 10:36 PM
Will this should shut up everyone when it comes time for the n/s.....he should be there next year.

Birky15Bfan
10-21-2015, 10:55 PM
Francis is working on a deal to drive for Tim Logan again. DOD said he could possibly be in a Logan car at Charlotte in November.

SnakeX3
10-21-2015, 10:57 PM
Will this should shut up everyone when it comes time for the n/s.....he should be there next year.

LOL...nothing shuts anyone up around here.

zyoung25
10-21-2015, 11:20 PM
LOL...nothing shuts anyone up around here.

True, but should over that topic anyway.

slmcrewchief99
10-21-2015, 11:43 PM
Zack, you know better than that. Heck, you let either one of them go thru speedweeks without a win and some of the goons on here will have Birky in the car before the Pelican 100 in March. LOL
Some people on here can stir more crap than you could haul in a tanker truck.

Josh Bayko
10-22-2015, 12:27 AM

Logan had Davey J in a Sweet/Bloomquist car this year, for whatever that's worth.

FutureLegend
10-22-2015, 02:47 AM
Logan had Davey J in a Sweet/Bloomquist car this year, for whatever that's worth.

As far as I know that car was Davey's. Logan's part of that deal was the hauler.

NormP
10-22-2015, 06:55 AM

Well I stand corrected. I thought landers had always run the 777 and Davenport was still 49 when he went to Bowyer.

If Bowyer doesn't let them keep their numbers it will be strange seeing Lanigan tooling around in something not numbered 29.

pickersparadise
10-22-2015, 06:56 AM
to say the bowyer team has no had success is just stupid, didnt they win a lucas oil championship last year????!!!!

Escobar
10-22-2015, 07:41 AM
to say the bowyer team has no had success is just stupid, didnt they win a lucas oil championship last year????!!!!

Francis finished runner-up in points in the 2013 season.

Barbecueboy
10-22-2015, 08:05 AM
he will still be driving recklessly at a track near you

Hahahaha.......good one pink.

Barbecueboy
10-22-2015, 08:08 AM
Basically, you got both house cars on the Lucas series, now.....Pearson/Lanigan

Wonder how that will affect sales on the Woo circuit?

Who??????????

fastford
10-22-2015, 08:26 AM
d@mn BBQ, that's a pretty harsh change in location , who down here pissed in your Wheaties?

SnakeX3
10-22-2015, 08:59 AM
I can't imagine how tough it must have been to fire Steve Francis. He seems like such a nice guy and his credentials speak for themselves. Of course, on the other hand, Bowyer did switch to Toyota when he accepted a job with Michael Waltrip. As much as I like Clint and cheer him on, the stink of his years with Mikey will never come off of him.

MRM
10-22-2015, 09:12 AM
Well I stand corrected. I thought landers had always run the 777 and Davenport was still 49 when he went to Bowyer.

If Bowyer doesn't let them keep their numbers it will be strange seeing Lanigan tooling around in something not numbered 29.

Landers was 777 when he drove for TDR, then switched to 5 when he went to CBR.

Not sure why Bowyer insists his drivers run specific numbers when the drivers already have theirs. He should know it isn't NASCAR for as involved as he's been in it.

zach51
10-22-2015, 09:40 AM
I think the numbers affect the fans more than the drivers when changes happen. Sure they may have a number that is special to them, but they aren't going to turn down a ride because of it. I would think that number changes would be good for t-shirt/merch sales as well.

BadlandsBandit12
10-22-2015, 10:09 AM
After thinking about the whole deal the last few days. I think it is stupid that Bowyer picked up Lanigan and his cars. They had a good product with Barry Wright I thought, they won the Lucas Oil championship last year and some big races. This year was an off year but they were competitive. If he was smart he would have went with Chris Ferguson. That guy can wheel a race car with the amount funds he has.

Now this just means Barry Wright is going to start a new team I bet. I think because that is what they do and with club 29 on aboard those Wright's will be gone.

Lets face it, in these days and time Bloomquist and Davenport are the men to beat and will be for a awhile. Everyone else is basically racing for 3rd place. Those guys got their stuff figured out.

Highside Hustler25
10-22-2015, 10:20 AM
to say the bowyer team has no had success is just stupid, didn't they win a Lucas oil championship last year????!!!!

Oh how some forget:rolleyes:
O'Neal got off to a slow start this year but found his rhythm toward the end of the year.
I can see both of these guys running up front next year.
Ya have one guy who is very aggresive and has never seen the opportunity to throw a slide job (some successfully, some not so) go to waste.
Then ya have another guy that typically gets pretty bent when someone brushes his rear 1/4 sheet metal.
It could get entertaining next year.

In O'Neals defense I will say He and Steve pretty much raced without incident while teammates as far as I saw.

Josh Bayko
10-22-2015, 10:25 AM
I would think that number changes would be good for t-shirt/merch sales as well.

Yep. If I was a driver, I'd change my number or my paint scheme every year so people would buy new merchandise every year.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-22-2015, 11:22 AM
I think the 15 & 5 have to be used per sponsor deal.Ik when a previous dr wanted to use his own number clint said no that georgia boot wanted 15 on car.

BadlandsBandit12
10-22-2015, 11:55 AM
I heard the same thing.

I think the 15 & 5 have to be used per sponsor deal.Ik when a previous dr wanted to use his own number clint said no that georgia boot wanted 15 on car.

huskerdirt
10-22-2015, 01:08 PM
The 15 was Clints cup number. The cars were never 15 before he was 15 on the cup side. He changed the other number to 5 to provide a more uniform and professional look.

The "they have to be used because of sponsorship" is bogus. They didn't tell Clint to change the numbers. He did it on his own.

WisWildManFan
10-22-2015, 01:09 PM
Yep. If I was a driver, I'd change my number or my paint scheme every year so people would buy new merchandise every year. How about several times a year... Bloomer has that figured out as well. Green, blue, pink, purple. Still waiting for that throw back 18 to roll into a track unannounced.

WisWildManFan
10-22-2015, 01:11 PM
The 15 was Clints cup number. The cars were never 15 before he was 15 on the cup side. He changed the other number to 5 to provide a more uniform and professional look. The "they have to be used because of sponsorship" is bogus. They didn't tell Clint to change the numbers. He did it on his own. I bet they come out as 71 and 29 next year. I would get away from all things associated with that 15 cup car.

zach51
10-22-2015, 02:15 PM
29 and 71 add up to 100!

(Yes I know, this was useless.....)

NormP
10-22-2015, 02:21 PM

I went back and read the whole thing from beginning to end. Who said the Bowyer team has had no success?

huskerdirt
10-22-2015, 02:21 PM
I bet they come out as 71 and 29 next year. I would get away from all things associated with that 15 cup car.

Considering he probably won't be 15 in cup next year anyway.

The Georgia boot car will more than likely be whatever number Clint is associated with in Cup.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-22-2015, 02:23 PM
The 15 was Clints cup number. The cars were never 15 before he was 15 on the cup side. He changed the other number to 5 to provide a more uniform and professional look.

The "they have to be used because of sponsorship" is bogus. They didn't tell Clint to change the numbers. He did it on his own.

Ok thanks for clearifing that part up.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-22-2015, 02:25 PM
Considering he probably won't be 15 in cup next year anyway.

The Georgia boot car will more than likely be whatever number Clint is associated with in Cup.

Will sponsor stay or new sponsor as he is moving to ts racing? Ik georgia boot been w him for a while now.

dlm25jr
10-22-2015, 02:46 PM
Who??????????

Basically....the key word here! I guess it depends on who you talk to, what that word means! LOL

tsand
10-22-2015, 03:36 PM
Hearing Barry may return to an house car with Owens as the driver if details can be worked out. Barry and Jimmy has a close relationship because Jimmy modify chassis is built a Barry shop.

STRONGERTHANDIRT
10-22-2015, 06:19 PM
Didn't Francis leave WoO because of the all the travel involved?

Josh Bayko
10-22-2015, 07:25 PM
Didn't Francis leave WoO because of the all the travel involved?

He did cite that as the main reason for the switch. However, he's likely to be privy to changes to the WoO schedule that us average fans will have no clue of until PRI.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-22-2015, 07:53 PM
Hearing Barry may return to an house car with Owens as the driver if details can be worked out. Barry and Jimmy has a close relationship because Jimmy modify chassis is built a Barry shop.

That would be good to see. I always liked jimmy but idk if they would run a tour series as I think its alot on barry. I think barry couldnt turn down clints offer is why he went that route. May be they will hook up for big shows if its not just a rumor.

dirtdobber45
10-22-2015, 08:33 PM
Good luck to both Steve and Lanigan on the their new ventures. But I dont see Jimmy goin to Barry but maybe a different chassis

RoundNrOUND
10-22-2015, 10:09 PM
Jimmy is building his own chassis next year, he's been shopping the idea around for a little while now.

tsand
10-23-2015, 05:16 AM
Jimmy is building his own chassis next year, he's been shopping the idea around for a little while now.

If Jimmy does do a chassis maybe it will in conjunction with Barry .

Kwoods25
10-23-2015, 06:08 AM
I could see Barry and Owens working something out. Don't think the club car is for Jimmy.