PDA

View Full Version : WoO 2016

Bigracer93
10-23-2015, 12:39 AM
With Lanigan adding to an already STACKED Lucas series could you see any of the Lucas guys jumping ship for the WoO? Maybe Erb or Brown?

W2Racing09
10-23-2015, 09:23 AM
With Lanigan adding to an already STACKED Lucas series could you see any of the Lucas guys jumping ship for the WoO? Maybe Erb or Brown?

I'm sure the people at the WoO will be courting some big name drivers trying to get them to jump ship. If Francis defects to WoO (seems likely, but no guarantee) and they get someone else too (Owens would make sense, as would someone like Carrier or BShepp) then they are only one big pickup away from being someone equal (the nod would still go to Lucas, just because it is so top heavy). I think there are some drivers out there that could be a huge pick up for WoO and who are also at a point in their career where it makes sense that they step out on tour.

Some of those drivers I'm thinking of would be Bobby Piece, Ryan Gustin, and Billy Moyer Jr. I'm also thinking it would make a lot sense for Lanigan to support someone running on the WoO in one of his cars (again with Jimmy Owens) and there are a few big names who have recently picked up one of his cars (Feger, Babb).

This is all just me thinking, and obviously nothing is guaranteed in dirt racing. One thing is for sure they cant really afford to lose either one of their remaining two high caliber drivers (Josh Richards, Shane Clanton).

Thanks,
Jeff.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-23-2015, 10:58 AM
Im thinking davenport should switch to woo if they run a tour series. He can still run some of the bid paying races w no schedule conflict. Jmo

Pennsboro23
10-23-2015, 10:59 AM
I agree with about everything W2Racing09 said. Lucas is stacked the way it is right now, but I can definitely see a couple guys moving over to WoO. It makes perfect sense for Francis, as well as Erb. I also could see Jimmy Owens make the jump.

WisWildManFan
10-23-2015, 12:00 PM
I think the sponsors are what will keep drivers staying on Lucas tour. As with Nascar, TV advertising goes a long way. I wonder if we will ever see a co-sanctioned race between the two series?

rickybrown1952
10-23-2015, 03:36 PM
I agree with about everything W2Racing09 said. Lucas is stacked the way it is right now, but I can definitely see a couple guys moving over to WoO. It makes perfect sense for Francis, as well as Erb. I also could see Jimmy Owens make the jump.I don't think owens will ever leave lucus to go to woo

Kwd1253
10-23-2015, 04:59 PM
Well if scott picks up point lead woo in speed wk he might jump to woo never know with him and money talks.

zyoung25
10-23-2015, 05:55 PM
I don't see Carrier going anywhere unless optima doesn't come back.

mud duck
10-23-2015, 06:48 PM
I'm sure the people at the WoO will be courting some big name drivers trying to get them to jump ship. If Francis defects to WoO (seems likely, but no guarantee) and they get someone else too (Owens would make sense, as would someone like Carrier or BShepp) then they are only one big pickup away from being someone equal (the nod would still go to Lucas, just because it is so top heavy). I think there are some drivers out there that could be a huge pick up for WoO and who are also at a point in their career where it makes sense that they step out on tour.

Some of those drivers I'm thinking of would be Bobby Piece, Ryan Gustin, and Billy Moyer Jr. I'm also thinking it would make a lot sense for Lanigan to support someone running on the WoO in one of his cars (again with Jimmy Owens) and there are a few big names who have recently picked up one of his cars (Feger, Babb).

This is all just me thinking, and obviously nothing is guaranteed in dirt racing. One thing is for sure they cant really afford to lose either one of their remaining two high caliber drivers (Josh Richards, Shane Clanton).

Thanks,
Jeff.

Very good post, I'm not sure about B Shepp though. I would figure if BShepp is going to run a series he'd stay with Lucas. That way Mark has a Rocket running. I know Carrier is there. But, BShepp is sort of a "house car" for Rocket. I might be wrong on that. But, I believe Mark helps him out. Plus, he's got the Valvoline deal. I can't see him and Josh running on the WoO together. JMO

Peopleschamp15
10-23-2015, 07:26 PM
Lucas is also boosting their pay in most races next year... WoO needs to keep up

SnakeX3
10-23-2015, 08:37 PM
Casey Roberts should run the WoO. LOL

After reading the Francis article on DoD he is certainly considering WoO. He also said he's got to make as much money as he can now that he's getting near the end of his career. The question is whether he thinks he can make more against a weaker field or go for the higher purses and start money with Lucas.

I also agree with Mud Duck. I don't think B-shep goes to WoO with Josh there.

Barbecueboy
10-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Woo is in trouble?

Josh Bayko
10-24-2015, 12:33 PM
Woo is in trouble?

Not really, but that's the constant 4M offseason narrative. According to 4M, it's been going out of business every offseason since 08 or so.

Josh Bayko
10-24-2015, 12:34 PM
I think the sponsors are what will keep drivers staying on Lucas tour. As with Nascar, TV advertising goes a long way. I wonder if we will ever see a co-sanctioned race between the two series?

I've been saying a couple years now that the Show Me and Firecracker would make a ton of sense to be cosanctioned.

HoosierDirtFan
10-24-2015, 01:29 PM
The most intriguing part for me is who will be running with Lucas Oil or World Of Outlaws in 2016, who will switch series, what driver will come and run for Rookie Of The Year in either series, and who won't be running with either series.

pap
10-24-2015, 03:04 PM
With the second half of the season he's had, how about Mike Marler???

Bubstr
10-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Both series should be ok. Only around 10 to 12 will follow a series. If one fills up, you have the choice of running the other or giving up those provisional starts.

LMPunk
10-24-2015, 07:06 PM

He's said he'd like to do that at some point, but with the family business he helps with plus his towing business he's got up and running now I don't imagine he'd be able to commit the time necessary for running a tour full time. I'd like to see him try it one year, but I also like him staying local so we can see him race pretty often while mixing in the big shows around the country.

zyoung25
10-25-2015, 02:27 AM
He's said he'd like to do that at some point, but with the family business he helps with plus his towing business he's got up and running now I don't imagine he'd be able to commit the time necessary for running a tour full time. I'd like to see him try it one year, but I also like him staying local so we can see him race pretty often while mixing in the big shows around the country.

He's had great deal of success this year no doubt, I don't see him committing to any national tour for the reasons you mentioned, and I kinda like that. You never know when and where he's going to show up, kinda like Birky in a way.

dirtdobber45
10-25-2015, 11:59 AM
I dont see Jimmy O leaving Lucas ecspecially if hes the new BWRC house driver I dont see Barry wanting to go on that woo tour

t3r3e3
10-25-2015, 01:07 PM

The family business and family life pretty much nix that. WoO travels to the far flung reaches of country. The excessive travel likely keeps guys away. A more realistic tour for Marlar would be the Southern Nats or the Spring Nats.

Barbecueboy
10-25-2015, 03:34 PM
Not really, but that's the constant 4M offseason narrative. According to 4M, it's been going out of business every offseason since 08 or so.

Sounds like a Burger King on the wrong side of the tracks.......