PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Owens to BWRC house car.

Porky13
10-24-2015, 05:13 PM
Jimmy Owens will pilot the house car for Barry Wright next year.

dlm25jr
10-24-2015, 05:23 PM
With or without Rowlands support?

71PRPFan
10-24-2015, 05:52 PM
Honestly jimmy needs to hop back on the Bloomquist wagon again. He hasn't had that kind of success since.

Highside Hustler25
10-24-2015, 06:06 PM

bad decision I think

Nasty55
10-24-2015, 06:11 PM
bad decision I think

I agree with you HH i think he was better off where he was at than he will be at BWRC.... But im a diehard Jimmy fan and will root for him wherever he is at and hope for the best...

HoosierDirtFan
10-24-2015, 06:12 PM

just wondering where did you get or see this info at?

Kwd1253
10-24-2015, 06:27 PM
Wonder the same thing hoosier. I see him back in sweet far before a bwrc. I thought jimmy didnt really like the bwrc, he drove one off and on in 2012?

tsand
10-24-2015, 07:26 PM
just wondering where did you get or see this info at?

Was at Barry shop Thursday and a new car was being assembled will be in Alabama next week . I think Jimmy is combining last year deal with Barry for next year.

wfofan
10-24-2015, 07:28 PM
nO show in anything other than bloomquist equipment...
Stick with what works...

Josh Bayko
10-24-2015, 07:54 PM
Jimmy is a smart cookie. I think he'd be best off in a car of his own design.

Kwoods25
10-24-2015, 07:56 PM
Jimmy and Barry are good friends. He had a bwrc built and was gonna run it back when him and bloomer were fueding. They settled there differences and he sold that car. He will be fine. When he was in the bloomer car he was real good. Should have never joined the club. Really screwed him up. Caint do much worse then where he is at right now.

mud duck
10-24-2015, 08:14 PM
Jimmy and Barry are good friends. He had a bwrc built and was gonna run it back when him and bloomer were fueding. They settled there differences and he sold that car. He will be fine. When he was in the bloomer car he was real good. Should have never joined the club. Really screwed him up. Caint do much worse then where he is at right now.

I wouldn't say things were horrible this year with the Club car. Just Bloomer and JD was two steps above everyone else. Maybe Jimmy will bring some ideas to Barry and build off that and have a good car. Probably not alot of deals out there to chose between. And I doubt Bloomer is willing to sign him up like the Landers deal.

Kwoods25
10-24-2015, 08:36 PM
Compared to Jimmy's recent years. I would say its horrible. Kevin Rumley made everyone work this year and I think it hit everyone so fast. They were trying stuff left and right and couldn't get a good base to start cause they were so far out in left field

Nasty55
10-24-2015, 08:46 PM
Compared to Jimmy's recent years. I would say its horrible. Kevin Rumley made everyone work this year and I think it hit everyone so fast. They were trying stuff left and right and couldn't get a good base to start cause they were so far out in left field

Top 5 in lucas points this year

1. Davenport

2. Bloomquist

3. Owens

4. O'Neal

5. Pearson Jr

id say 3rd place in points is a pretty decent yr to be honest.. Not horrible by any means...

Mudweiser
10-24-2015, 09:00 PM
Jimmy is a smart cookie. I think he'd be best off in a car of his own design.

I think you're right Josh... And I also think that's why Jimmy made this decision... He and the Wright's are going to combine their knowledge/ideas together and debut a redesigned car in Arizona... Jmo.. I may be wrong, but isn't BWRC involved in Jimmy's modified chassis business?? If so, this move makes alot of sense...

D. Tidrow
10-25-2015, 03:56 AM
Whatever helps Jimmy, it's not the same not seeing him fighting for wins. Davenport and Bloomquist are great but how much better would it be to see three going for the title.

drano
10-25-2015, 08:42 AM
You guys and these chassis brands just kill me if Owens goes with Wright he will do just fine he is that good of a driver the thing about chassis is some suit drivers better than others there is no magic bullet here if you remember a few years ago this board was lit up over the Bloomquis cars you had to buy 2 of them you were sworn to secrecy if you sold it you had to sell it back to Bloomquist..... Really, if that be so he has a warehouse full of old chassis now doesn't he, come on guys.

Josh Bayko
10-25-2015, 10:05 AM
You guys and these chassis brands just kill me if Owens goes with Wright he will do just fine he is that good of a driver the thing about chassis is some suit drivers better than others there is no magic bullet here if you remember a few years ago this board was lit up over the Bloomquis cars you had to buy 2 of them you were sworn to secrecy if you sold it you had to sell it back to Bloomquist..... Really, if that be so he has a warehouse full of old chassis now doesn't he, come on guys.

There are an awful lot of those super secret Team Zero cars in the hands of regional super and crate racers. I'd bet if you talked to one of them about the selling back to Scott stipulation, they'd laugh at you. Heartily.

dirtdobber45
10-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Im agree with Mudweiser it would make sence if that happens whatever he does hope he has success at it

Hoosier_Dirt
10-25-2015, 04:33 PM
Jimmy will do well in these cars. He needed a change!

Rollover
10-25-2015, 05:19 PM
has this been confirmed anywhere?

coleshow
10-25-2015, 07:51 PM
maybe a new chassis manufacturer in next years plans. loose gruff late model by jimmy owens

DarrellGoode
10-25-2015, 10:56 PM
I won't believe it until DOD reports it.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-25-2015, 11:19 PM
Looking like this is going to happen.

hotshoe65s
10-26-2015, 10:01 AM
I'm sorry people but Owens will never be able to purchase a bloomer car again. Bloomer has said before that he never wanted Owens in his cars to begin with. He knows Owens is smart and capable of building his own cars, so he didn't want Owens ripping off his designs. The only reason Owens was able to get one was because Reese wanted one and Reese's friendship with Bloomer trumped Bloomer's fear of Owens ripping off the designs. Look back at old dirt on dirt articles to find where all this was talked about if you don't believe me.

Tireguy17
10-26-2015, 10:54 AM
I had heard back in June from some of my USMTS modified friends that Rowland was running out of money with oil prices diving, hence why Stormy Scott wasn't racing much this summer in his Rowland modified.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-26-2015, 11:21 AM
Owens to drive for bw and jimmy bringing his sponsor and hauler

Barbecueboy
10-26-2015, 11:24 AM
Owens to drive for bw and jimmy bringing his sponsor and hauler

Yep................

*Bandit*
10-26-2015, 01:53 PM
I love Jimmy but I miss Chris Fox with him, I so wished he was back with him, but I know Chris is happy spending time with his wife Sherry and doing family things and fun things each weekend. I just miss seeing him around.... either way Jimmy will do fine in whatever chassis he chooses.... always have and always will.... plain and simple.

Slideways
10-26-2015, 09:27 PM
Man... If this does indeed happen, it'll be so cool seeing The Nightmare in the BWRC house ride!!

Bigracer93
10-27-2015, 12:02 AM
I think this will be a good fit! Owens was best when his cars weren't all rocked over and on the verge of spinning out like he was in the club car! I think the attitude and way the BWRC drives will help him rebound from what most would consider a great season but I'm sure it wasn't up to Owens standards!

toast
10-27-2015, 03:00 PM
The only friendship between Bloomer and Reece is money.....All the time that Reece was sponsoring Owens, He never had a good word for Bloomer, He actually went as far as cussing and calling Bloomer bad names and saying he was nothing but a greedy (fill-in-blank)!!! It will never last, Everyone who knows Reece, He will quit in the end like everything else he has had a hand in!!! I hate it for Jimmy, But the TIT dried up when Reece and the money left, But I told this story before!!! I don't blame Bloomer, He's smart as a driver and even smarter running a business!!

Clayton_Wetter
10-27-2015, 04:00 PM
I'm sorry people but Owens will never be able to purchase a bloomer car again. Bloomer has said before that he never wanted Owens in his cars to begin with. He knows Owens is smart and capable of building his own cars, so he didn't want Owens ripping off his designs. The only reason Owens was able to get one was because Reese wanted one and Reese's friendship with Bloomer trumped Bloomer's fear of Owens ripping off the designs. Look back at old dirt on dirt articles to find where all this was talked about if you don't believe me.

And he did rip off the knowledge and access. That's why he wanted to team up.

ShawnStreet
10-28-2015, 12:35 PM
This is a business where everyone rips off everyone else. Can I get an amen CJ Rayburn fans?

wolter11racing
10-28-2015, 02:47 PM
Amen to that

fastford
10-28-2015, 04:28 PM
as long as people sell there chassis and design, there gone get ripped off, if it works.......

buster83
10-29-2015, 06:48 AM
well reece & bloomer had a good year in 2015.

zyoung25
10-29-2015, 08:20 AM
Im just curious if anyone will be the bwrc house car for Charlotte? O'Neal will be in a black diamond car, a pic of it earlier this week.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-29-2015, 08:50 AM
Im just curious if anyone will be the bwrc house car for Charlotte? O'Neal will be in a black diamond car, a pic of it earlier this week.

Last I heard was that jimmy and barry was going to be at chrlt but cant conferm that.

AnothaBenchRacer
10-29-2015, 04:54 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/icjx1x.png

zyoung25
10-29-2015, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Baird transport on that car next year as well. Best of luck to Jimmy.

Slideways
10-29-2015, 06:37 PM
Very Cool...

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-29-2015, 07:29 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/icjx1x.png

Nice ride. There ya have it folks. Theres your pic proof confermation

Nasty55
10-29-2015, 07:37 PM
Nice ride. There ya have it folks. Theres your pic proof confermation

So now your swinging off of Owens sack jumper?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-29-2015, 07:41 PM
So now your swinging off of Owens sack jumper?

NO NASTY let me tell ya. #39 & #6 are my guys. I have always liked #20 also along w some others. Thats all.

W2Racing09
10-30-2015, 09:25 AM
Well, now I can root for the Newport Nightmare a little bit again. Jimmy was my favorite on the Lucas Series back in the day but my hatred for Lanigan outweighed that. Glad to see he has come back from the dark side!

jog49
10-30-2015, 10:22 AM
Doesn't Barry deal with Clements on engines or will Owens make the choice?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-30-2015, 10:39 AM
Doesn't Barry deal with Clements on engines or will Owens make the choice?

Thats a good question. My guess is that they stay w clements.

hucktyson
10-30-2015, 10:45 AM
I would think with the widow wax fella supplying the cash he can run whatever motor he wants

Kwoods25
10-30-2015, 12:08 PM
Anybody notice the new BWRC spoiler blades?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-30-2015, 02:09 PM
Anybody notice the new BWRC spoiler blades?

Yup sure did that one of the first things that caught my eye

Austin34471
10-30-2015, 04:15 PM
Yup sure did that one of the first things that caught my eye
From what I heard they tested in the wind tunnel for a few days before leaving bowyers.. They had a whole array spoiler fins with all different combinations of letters stamped into the side to see which decreased the low pressure area the most right there where the fin and spoiler meet.. The letters BWRC water jetted out of the fin seemed to produce the best down force numbers and also coincidentally that is the initials for "Barry Wright Race Cars". A win-win for sure.

Kwd1253
10-30-2015, 05:08 PM
Doesn't Barry deal with Clements on engines or will Owens make the choice?Well i hope they figured it out if they running it at abama this weekend missing a motor in the pic lol

mud duck
10-30-2015, 05:16 PM
Well, now I can root for the Newport Nightmare a little bit again. Jimmy was my favorite on the Lucas Series back in the day but my hatred for Lanigan outweighed that. Glad to see he has come back from the dark side!

What Mark wouldn't allow you to root for anyone in a club 29? If you like a guy it shouldn't matter the chassis. Just saying.

SnakeX3
10-30-2015, 08:47 PM
I won't believe it until DOD reports it.

Just in case you still needed that confirmation...

https://www.dirtondirt.com/dirtwire.php?id=3389

huskerdirt
10-30-2015, 10:03 PM
Just in case you still needed that confirmation...

https://www.dirtondirt.com/dirtwire.php?id=3389

And those details don't entirely match what is being reported on here.

dirtfanbob
10-30-2015, 10:08 PM
From what I heard they tested in the wind tunnel for a few days before leaving bowyers.. They had a whole array spoiler fins with all different combinations of letters stamped into the side to see which decreased the low pressure area the most right there where the fin and spoiler meet.. The letters BWRC water jetted out of the fin seemed to produce the best down force numbers and also coincidentally that is the initials for "Barry Wright Race Cars". A win-win for sure.

Where does this sh*t come from? Just like there's no motor in the picture...why cause you don't see it? Must make it real....

zyoung25
10-30-2015, 11:10 PM
Where does this sh*t come from? Just like there's no motor in the picture...why cause you don't see it? Must make it real....

There's no radiator, but there is a air cleaner.

W2Racing09
10-31-2015, 12:33 AM
What Mark wouldn't allow you to root for anyone in a club 29? If you like a guy it shouldn't matter the chassis. Just saying.

Its got nothing to do with Rocket. If it did I wouldn't be rooting for Owens and his BWRC. I simply don't like Lanigan (or his business).

Just because you don't care about chassis does not mean everyone else has to feel the same way. I base a lot of my feelings around racing on that type of stuff. For instance (I'm not a big NASCAR fan but..) I would never root for anyone running a Toyota, even if my life long favorite driver switched to Toyota I would not root for him. Its the same with sprints. Anyone running an XxX chassis will never have my support. Its just how I operate, you may not like it but I really don't care.

Thanks,
Jeff.

SnakeX3
10-31-2015, 12:34 AM
And those details don't entirely match what is being reported on here.

Well the point being that they confirmed he was running the BWRC...not that it wasn't obvious, but it ends speculation about the truth that would have ended when he got to the track tonight.

huskerdirt
10-31-2015, 12:51 AM
Well the point being that they confirmed he was running the BWRC...not that it wasn't obvious, but it ends speculation about the truth that would have ended when he got to the track tonight.

Right.... It was obvious he was running a BWRC these last couple of races. But him being in it for 2016 and being dubbed the house car is very premature.

This seems to be the time of year when guys jump into a different car to see how things work out. Davenport has jumped in a bloomer car before. I remember when TMac busted out a Moyer VC before the Warrior deal. This is Owens 2nd time in a BWRC. Francis is running a BD. TMac ran a longhorn a couple of weeks ago.

Does it mean those guys are gonna be running those cars the next year? Not even close.

mud duck
10-31-2015, 01:30 AM
Its got nothing to do with Rocket. If it did I wouldn't be rooting for Owens and his BWRC. I simply don't like Lanigan (or his business).

Just because you don't care about chassis does not mean everyone else has to feel the same way. I base a lot of my feelings around racing on that type of stuff. For instance (I'm not a big NASCAR fan but..) I would never root for anyone running a Toyota, even if my life long favorite driver switched to Toyota I would not root for him. Its the same with sprints. Anyone running an XxX chassis will never have my support. Its just how I operate, you may not like it but I really don't care.

Thanks,
Jeff.

What business exactly are you talking about and may I ask why you don't like that particular business??

SnakeX3
10-31-2015, 06:04 AM
Right.... It was obvious he was running a BWRC these last couple of races. But him being in it for 2016 and being dubbed the house car is very premature.

This seems to be the time of year when guys jump into a different car to see how things work out. Davenport has jumped in a bloomer car before. I remember when TMac busted out a Moyer VC before the Warrior deal. This is Owens 2nd time in a BWRC. Francis is running a BD. TMac ran a longhorn a couple of weeks ago.

Does it mean those guys are gonna be running those cars the next year? Not even close.

Point well taken...not that I have followed the sport long enough to remember most of your examples. :) If you're Jimmy Owens, you're having a sub-par year and you're free to do what you like then why not? It's like if ya been with yer ol' lady for the entire summer and you feel like hittin' the road with a new girl, why not? LOL

This is what gave the Silly Season it's name. It also provides us some topics interesting topics that actually belong in the Racing Gossip forum. The chassis war arguments are fun once in a while, but they really grow tiresome by November. \m/ ;)

RoundNrOUND
10-31-2015, 08:24 AM
Jimmy will be in his own design next year, he's been saying it for months to the inner circle. At the end of the day Barry might be building them for him.

blncfn57
10-31-2015, 09:30 AM
There's no radiator, but there is a air cleaner.

sure looks like there's a shiny radiator in it to me.

fastford
10-31-2015, 09:36 AM
Jimmy will be in his own design next year, he's been saying it for months to the inner circle. At the end of the day Barry might be building them for him.

this is also what I herd from the " inner circle " as well, but don't tell to much round, or this thread will last till xmas....lol

jog49
11-01-2015, 09:09 AM
Perhaps the car is satisfactory............he won the National 100 on Saturday.

RoundNrOUND
11-01-2015, 09:20 AM
I'm sticking to what I said because I heard it directly from the horses mouth.

swartzman
11-03-2015, 08:53 PM
Boy my eyes are getting bad, because I would swear there is a radiator and a air cleaner in that pic.

huskerdirt
11-03-2015, 10:01 PM
Call it a hunch. But I don't think Owens will be running his own design next year.

RoundNrOUND
11-03-2015, 11:05 PM
We will see....