PDA

View Full Version : The circus continues

t3r3e3
10-25-2015, 05:00 PM
Not a DLM thread, but seriously, Harvick just wrecked the field to save his season. Wheels go right as the 6 passes. 6 and 20 other cars wreck. Don't usually watch NA$CAR anymore, but really, that was so obvious Ray Charles could see it.

golddirt
10-25-2015, 05:05 PM
And what's your point?

t3r3e3
10-25-2015, 05:08 PM
And what's your point?

Have some balls and DQ the clown. Gain what modicum of credibility a sanctioning body such as NA$CAR could have. The move was blatant. Punish it.

Waldo
10-25-2015, 05:08 PM
This happens at a dirt track at least once a week, like golddirt said what's your point, that's kinda like pot met kettle.

Waldo
10-25-2015, 05:09 PM
Why don't them dirt tracks get some balls.

t3r3e3
10-25-2015, 05:16 PM
This happens at a dirt track at least once a week, like golddirt said what's your point, that's kinda like pot met kettle.

And most of those tracks send the offender to the back for rough driving, or flat DQ them for particularly blatant stuff. I know it's pot and kettle with the asphalt circus, but it was blatantly obvious.

Waldo
10-25-2015, 05:24 PM
Yes, but look at it this way, If you were Harvick and you knew you could do this to save your season, wouldn't you do the same thing. Their is no rule that says he was in the wrong, so I don't blame him.

Waldo
10-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Nobody has ever been sent to the rear for spinning someone in Nascar, and by rule that caution absolutly ended the race. Harvick new what he was doing. The Circus continues..................

t3r3e3
10-25-2015, 06:42 PM
Nobody has ever been sent to the rear for spinning someone in Nascar, and by rule that caution absolutly ended the race. Harvick new what he was doing. The Circus continues..................

But guys have been black flagged for wrecking a guy. Which means Harvick would be the last car scored on the lead lap. Which means he would not have made it on points. The circus continues...

golddirt
10-25-2015, 06:46 PM
Wow someone had to create a user name 4m spy today just to send me a stupid pm. People still playing games

CIRF
10-25-2015, 07:01 PM
If the drivers and teams that gasbag harvick wrecked and/or prevented from advancing into whatever silly, gimmicky chase round aren't PO'd enough to do anything about it why the he!! should we care. It's no skin off my a$$ either way.

If the drivers and crews of the teams financially hurt by this bull$hit don't want to risk getting fined, etc., by NASCAR then catch gasbag harvick away from the racetrack and teach him a lesson. However, it wouldn't be a surprise if Harvick has paid armed security with him at all times when he's outside his home. That's just the kinda' guy he is.

Until there is some Jack Hewitt type justice dealt out to guys that pull $hit like Harvick did it'll keep right on happening.

t3r3e3
10-25-2015, 07:06 PM
If the drivers and teams that gasbag harvick wrecked and/or prevented from advancing into whatever silly, gimmicky chase round aren't PO'd enough to do anything about it why the he!! should we care. It's no skin off my a$$ either way.

If the drivers and crews of the teams financially hurt by this bull$hit don't want to risk getting fined, etc., by NASCAR then catch gasbag harvick away from the racetrack and teach him a lesson. However, it wouldn't be a surprise if Harvick has paid armed security with him at all times when he's outside his home. That's just the kinda' guy he is.

Until there is some Jack Hewitt type justice dealt out to guys that pull $hit like Harvick did it'll keep right on happening.

Hewitt isn't pretty enough for today's NA$CAR, unless he was sponsored by a beer company. And you can't punch someone who deserves it; you have to push and slap for about two seconds until the crew guys separate you, at which point you angrily wave arms around and point fingers. The last solid punch in NA$CAR was Ambrose, and before that The Allisons v Cale dust up 35 years ago.

kidrock
10-25-2015, 07:19 PM
Yes, but look at it this way, If you were Harvick and you knew you could do this to save your season, wouldn't you do the same thing. Their is no rule that says he was in the wrong, so I don't blame him.

Yep 9 out of 10 would do it.

mud duck
10-25-2015, 09:30 PM
T3R3E3 is right, what Harvick did was just as crooked as the MWR deal a couple years back with Bowyer. Harvick knew his only chance (with the engine blowing up) was to cause a caution immediately to freeze the field on the last green, white checkered!! The first one he pulled over and let them by him because he had no choice. But, he absolutely knew that the next yellow it was over and field would be frozen because of the new rule, only one chance of green white checker! So, once Bayne got on the out side of him to get around, he hooked him!! NASCAR has created a joke!! I'm not a Hendricks fan. But, it would be funny to see them tell Stewart Haas, go get your equipment somewhere else!! His move ultimately screwed Jr over.

SnakeX3
10-25-2015, 09:56 PM
NA$$CAR will somehow spin it as a "Game 7 moment" and trumpet it as a plus for their convoluted championship and joke of a race series.

WisWildManFan
10-25-2015, 10:30 PM
Yea harvick move IMO is no different than bowyer spin, I just can't believe those jacka$$es weren't smart enough to wait a few more seconds so jr would have made the cut. So they make up a rule ab 1st restart, let harvick wreck field, and then hit yellow button too fast to piss off 95% of the fans in attendance. Newman would be only guy with enough balls to punt harvick out of guys that missed next round. A guy like David gilliland wouldn't have much to lose either

mud duck
10-26-2015, 01:42 AM
I agree, other than Newman there's nobody else got it in them to give it back to Harvick on and off the track.

edavis71
10-26-2015, 04:21 AM
It is a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) shame that nascar has come to this, what a joke!!! I used to go to 6 or 8 races a year and haven't watched a full race all year. This is nascars fault for letting it get to this point. Move it back to the old points system. Have them race their 36 races or whatever and who has the most points wins the championship. This chase crap isn't racing!!! JMO!!!

Eric Davis

Highside Hustler25
10-26-2015, 05:06 AM
Just wait till Martinsville. Logano will get his, compliments of Kenseth. And Harvick will get his as well. This chase format will turn into...don't pi$$ the other guy off format before it's over.

golddirt
10-26-2015, 05:27 AM
Looked like he was trying to get on the top again

TS FAN
10-26-2015, 07:52 AM
Its not like I care one way or the other, but you cannot punish a driver when you have no evidence. What you think happened doesn't cut it. There is nothing that can be done or should be. No one knows what Harvick was thinking and certainly nothing can be proved. You guys that hate Nascar, why are you watching it???

CIRF
10-26-2015, 08:27 AM
NASCAR can do what they want, and have, and will again.

Case in point: Sears Point Raceway in Sonoma, California, June of 1991. Ricky Rudd supposedly spins the late Davey Allison intentionally on the last lap and takes the lead. Ricky Rudd expressed no intent either on the radio or otherwise. Ricky crosses the finish line first but the win was taken away from Rudd and given to Allison for NASCAR's PERCEPTION that Ricky Rudd had spun Allison deliberately. NASCAR had no actual proof in the Sears Point instance but doled out punishment regardless.

There are other incidents that have taken place during NASCAR races over the years that I won't take the time to sight since the Sears Point incident is sufficient to blow the "NASCAR can't punish without proof" theory totally out of the water.

And, just for the record, tony, I didn't watch it. I read about it here and the video was already posted on YouTube.

Nasty55
10-26-2015, 08:32 AM
NASCAR can do what they want, and have, and will again.

Case in point: Sears Point Raceway in Sonoma, California, June of 1991. Ricky Rudd supposedly spins the late Davey Allison intentionally on the last lap and takes the lead. Ricky Rudd expressed no intent either on the radio or otherwise. Ricky crosses the finish line first but the win was taken away from Rudd and given to Allison for NASCAR's PERCEPTION that Ricky Rudd had spun Allison deliberately. NASCAR had no actual proof in the Sears Point instance but doled out punishment regardless.

There are other incidents that have taken place during NASCAR races over the years that I won't take the time to sight since the Sears Point incident is sufficient to blow the "NASCAR can't punish without proof" theory totally out of the water.

And, just for the record, tony, I didn't watch it. I read about it here and the video was already posted on YouTube.

My thoughts are if all you did was read about it here and just watch a YouTube video of a sport you despise then why even comment on it CIRF?

CIRF
10-26-2015, 08:43 AM
My thoughts are if all you did was read about it here and just watch a YouTube video of a sport you despise then why even comment on it CIRF?

My thoughts are why would you comment on why I commented.

Seriously, this is a dirt late model section and we're interested in dirt late model racing so it's no coincidence that we would look at what's posted here. After reading about the circus we felt compelled to look at video to see what comprised the subject matter. Our interest was tweaked by the first few postings and we weighed in. Is that explanation sufficient for you or should I rationalize and and attempt to justify further?

A ron
10-26-2015, 09:00 AM
Nascar and the Chase are the only ones to blame. They created the problem and put him in that position. Now 4 teams' seasons were decided on what point the flagman threw the yellow. It's too easy to manipulate the outcome when it comes down to 1 or two positions. They've turned it all into a child's game of "Sorry" What I see coming is "well Junior got screwed so we are going to add a 9th driver to the next round" like they did with Gordon a couple of years ago. I'm a Gordon fan and that was the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. They just make up the rules as they go.

A ron
10-26-2015, 09:01 AM
Rodney Childers said it best yesterday: "We didn't invent this $h!t"

jog49
10-26-2015, 09:26 AM
All of you expecting NASCAR to do something with some consequences in it are in wonderland! There have been many, many races won since 1949 where folks have been caught cheating, won the particular race in question because of the cheating, but were allowed to "keep" the win. NASCAR is a pit bull with NO teeth....and big Mike Helton is their ideal poster boy.

CIRF
10-26-2015, 09:51 AM
All of you expecting NASCAR to do something with some consequences in it are in wonderland! There have been many, many races won since 1949 where folks have been caught cheating, won the particular race in question because of the cheating, but were allowed to "keep" the win. NASCAR is a pit bull with NO teeth....and big Mike Helton is their ideal poster boy.
Cheating to win a race and what Harvick did are somewhat different situations.

I also would elude back to the Ricky Rudd-Davey Allison incident at Sonoma for undeniable proof that NASCAR will act in certain situations.

Now, there have been guys (one in particular) who have gotten away with a lot more than most others back through the years but NASCAR's punishment record over the seasons isn't completely benign, just very, very selective.

Cardirt0
10-26-2015, 10:35 AM
Survivor NASCAR 42 men and one woman. Put on a small land mass and told kill if you want too Win.. Will they have made it in too a Soap O........Thats why true race fans are so mad its not just racing no more...
Now I will make a little bet here ... I bet that there is 2 cars that get trashed in the next 2 races.. PAY back is on its way....Joey O joey you have at least 3 people that want to put you in the wall and I BET that they Do....And I cant wate too see it happen......

welderron105
10-26-2015, 06:58 PM
How many of you Nascar haters are going to tune in to Martinsville to see what happens? Nascar loves this, it brings more viewers.
If it wasnt for the Bengals game, I might even watch it.

CIRF
10-27-2015, 09:32 AM
It's official, NASCAR says Harvick did absolutely nothing wrong or intentional.

So there you have it. Just one more inconsistency in a long, long line of inconsistencies. However, it's not surprising at all.

Welderron, I neither hate NASCAR nor do I watch it. It's just fun to point out their inconsistencies and stupidity.

Didn't watch a single race this year or last year and won't waste any time watching wherever they race next weekend.

PennDirt
10-27-2015, 01:41 PM
How many of you Nascar haters are going to tune in to Martinsville to see what happens? Nascar loves this, it brings more viewers.
If it wasnt for the Bengals game, I might even watch it.

I can't speak for the haters but as a casual fan, I would have been more inclined to tune in this weekend had NASCAR decided to return the 'Talladega 12' at Martinsville and admit they created a sequence of events that was unfortunate and certainly unfair to the masses of fans, the sponsors and the tireless crews.

Okay, when we watched NASCAR wait out Biffle, we knew this was a slimy thing to do but then NASCAR goes totally bonkers and twice creates "actions detrimental to stock car racing".

I have no debate within me concerning splitting hairs over when an attempt is an attempt or whether Harvick wrecked Bayne intentionally but when you violate common sense Rule #1 in any form of racing by throwing the yellow in front of the field as they're barreling towards the flagstand and then twice leave an ill-performing car out on the track, in position and have knowledge of this, you're guilty on both charges of manufacturing "actions detrimental to stock car racing.".

NASCAR got really lucky neither caused grave harm on or off the track.

As it stands now, NASCAR has given us the most boring option to tune in this weekend. I don't need to use watching football as an excuse to realize NASCAR gave its fans the lowest common denominator.

Clayton_Wetter
10-27-2015, 04:04 PM
Wow someone had to create a user name 4m spy today just to send me a stupid pm. People still playing games

Maybe you are under investigation?

buster83
10-29-2015, 07:08 AM
i did not see any of it,and could care less about nascar but i was at a dirt track.but why would a driver put himself in harms way get injured and your done.

WisWildManFan
10-29-2015, 09:47 AM
i did not see any of it,and could care less about nascar but i was at a dirt track.but why would a driver put himself in harms way get injured and your done. They were dropping the green and going ab 50mph, couldn't get hurt in a cup car if you wanted to at that speed. Be interesting to see if any payback to happy or pelican happens this weekend.

Highside Hustler25
11-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Just wait till Martinsville. Logano will get his, compliments of Kenseth. And Harvick will get his as well. This chase format will turn into...don't pi$$ the other guy off format before it's over.

Step 1 complete:D:D

pap
11-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Step 1 complete:D:D

WOW!!!!! I think I like Kenseth now.

Cardirt0
11-01-2015, 04:09 PM
LoLoLoLoL man it hurts Laffing that hard

Highside Hustler25
11-01-2015, 04:11 PM
WOW!!!!! I think I like Kenseth now.

X2.......................