PDA

View Full Version : ten inch hoosier pull offs on an 8 in " rim versus a 10 in" rim

rnoswal
10-25-2015, 11:57 PM
Hi. I run a class called a Pro Mod. many variations, from 3 link rear, to stock metric 4 link and leaf springs too. We can only use a pull off tire from Hoosier tire that is slick and used from the asphalt guys somewhere. We get them relatively cheap, 25 bucks per. The factory stock class here has the same option. They have an 8 in wide rim rule with these 10 wide tires. In my pro mod class we can run 10 inch rims with those same tires. I know kinda what a wider tire does with less sidewall travel but still most run the 8 in rims.

I am experimenting with this 10 on 10 rim, tire combination starting the last race or 2 here. Our track, ARK-LA-TEX speedway in Vivian Louisiana, has a pretty good bank to it, maybe 25 degrees, 10 back stretch and almost flat front. I know , just try it but would like to know if other out there have tried it already. Our track gets a blackened groove and most of the time it is follow the leader. I want to try this tire combo out though. We use almost no rear tires stagger because of the banking. The wide tire should give a bigger patch but does a tire that rolls over more work better?

Just curious but I am going to try this and wanted some input if possible. I run a 3 bar but not really any rear steer, a j-bar.

Thanks

Russ

95shaw
10-26-2015, 10:18 AM
Kart guys run wider rim on narrower tire to cut rolling resistance on locked down black groove track. Less sidewall to flex. if you are running a limited hp class, may be an advantage.

racing_kid
10-26-2015, 10:29 AM
Search 10 inch vs 8 inch wheels. On the second page of the search. I would post a link but I can't figure it out on my phone