PDA

View Full Version : DoD Top 25

W2Racing09
10-27-2015, 03:37 PM
I have yet to figure this out, ever since the last time I posted about Bloomquist being #1 over Davenport I've just considered the DoD poll to be what a lot of people say it is -- essentially just a what have you done for me lately kind of deal. I still check it and anticipate who will break into and out of the top 25 based on one or two decent finishes.

This leads me to this weeks questions... how on earth does Marlar move up to 3rd based on two $15,000 wins while Russell Erwin still sits outside of the top 25 after having won $30,000 in two weeks?! It just does not make any sense.

Thanks,
Jeff.

drano
10-27-2015, 04:16 PM
Does this poll really matter to anyone, Does anyone even care where someone else places a driver I know I don't

zach51
10-27-2015, 04:17 PM
I would venture to guess that it's because Russell Erwin hasn't beat anybody notable and runs steel-block. That's far out on a limb though...

huskerdirt
10-27-2015, 04:20 PM
Can you name the top dogs in those two races outside of Walker Arthur?

Beating no name 20 car fields won't get you ranked, especially if it's crate and steel block. Now if some of the big boys showed up with crates and steel blocks your argument might hold water.

The fact he is just outside the top 25 is an accomplishment. He went from no votes to almost ranked in a matter of a week. That says people are paying attention.

..... Smh

huskerdirt
10-27-2015, 04:25 PM
Also Marlar beat 4 ranked guys and 3 of them were in the top 10 this past weekend. So him moving up 2 spots was probably warranted. Lol.

W2Racing09
10-27-2015, 07:36 PM
I would venture to guess that it's because Russell Erwin hasn't beat anybody notable and runs steel-block. That's far out on a limb though...

Walker Arthur, Dustin Mitchell, David Williams? Certainly they are not Jonathan Davenport or Scott Bloomquist but Erwin has certainly done enough in the past few weeks to crack the top 25. Max Blair cracked the top 25 for winning a bunch of Crate shows so certainly all types of Late Models are considered.

Thanks,
Jeff.