PDA

View Full Version : T-mac is back in 2016!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-28-2015, 11:13 PM
Heard info on timmys plans for 2016 and he will be back in the winners circle a bunch.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-29-2015, 05:25 AM
Heard info on timmys plans for 2016 and he will be back in the winners circle a bunch.Going out on a huge limb here and guessing since you brought it up he's going to Longhorn:). I see a flash of old Timmy then same ole, may be wrong, I hope, but I dunno. Great driver, cool dude, just think something is off.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-29-2015, 06:54 AM
Going out on a huge limb here and guessing since you brought it up he's going to Longhorn:). I see a flash of old Timmy then same ole, may be wrong, I hope, but I dunno. Great driver, cool dude, just think something is off.

I understand what ur saying c&b

I think he'll do good. I dnt think he felt good in his rocket as much as he struggled w it But we'll see.

hucktyson
10-29-2015, 10:14 AM
He might not lose a race in that " horn " just like chub has stomped everyone in his

W2Racing09
10-29-2015, 10:50 AM
He might not lose a race in that " horn " just like chub has stomped everyone in his

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that in 2016 as a result of his switch to Longhorn that T-Mac will have more national touring series wins than both Chub and Boom combined in 2015. That of course is a very tall order considering the outstanding amount of success both of those drivers have had since switching over. It is crazy how switching from a Rocket to a Longhorn can take a mid pack driver like Chub Frank and turn him into a mid pack driver overnight. Crazy.

Thanks,
Jeff.

WisWildManFan
10-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Tmac will have a hard time winning in lucas no matter what he's driving... JD, bloomer, owens, oneal. I have a feeling the 0 crew will be hard at work this winter.

PADLMFAN
10-29-2015, 12:07 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that in 2016 as a result of his switch to Longhorn that T-Mac will have more national touring series wins than both Chub and Boom combined in 2015. That of course is a very tall order considering the outstanding amount of success both of those drivers have had since switching over. It is crazy how switching from a Rocket to a Longhorn can take a mid pack driver like Chub Frank and turn him into a mid pack driver overnight. Crazy.Thanks,Jeff.Amazing... another keyboard crew chief. Chub's 3rd in points, makes the field for the World. More competitive this year than in a long time. Lemme guess... a Rocket fan? Jealous much?

latemodels4life
10-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Hey Huck maybe you should get a Longhorn so maybe you could move out of your typical 24 place finish. LMAO You wanna talk smack on people maybe you should look at your track record before you speek and I bet you would have it wraped like a rainbow too.

hucktyson
10-29-2015, 12:21 PM
You toss offs don't even have a race car .... And your allowed an opinion but I'm not ??? Blow me ....

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Tmac will have a hard time winning in lucas no matter what he's driving... JD, bloomer, owens, oneal. I have a feeling the 0 crew will be hard at work this winter.

Yes definately going to be tougher than WOO now. Idntk that he was running lucas before I posted this. He will be able to run w them.

Slideways
10-29-2015, 12:37 PM
It'll be great to see him racing with the Lucas guys.

WisWildManFan
10-29-2015, 12:45 PM
You toss offs don't even have a race car .... And your allowed an opinion but I'm not ??? Blow me .... 4m would get pretty old with you and Brian Gray bickering lol lol

W2Racing09
10-29-2015, 12:49 PM
Amazing... another keyboard crew chief. Chub's 3rd in points, makes the field for the World. More competitive this year than in a long time. Lemme guess... a Rocket fan? Jealous much?

Because I read finishing orders I am suddenly qualified to be a crew chief? No matter what my opinion on anything is a 10th place finish, is a 10th place finish. I'm not really disrespecting Chub as much as I'm fed up with people thinking switching chassis the answer to the worlds problems. T-Mac will have a few wins next season just like this season, anyone who thinks he is going to light the world on fire because he bought his chassis from down south rather than in WV is sadly mistaken.

Josh Bayko
10-29-2015, 01:19 PM
Tim can switch chassis all he wants. The problem with his operation isn't the cars themselves. A race car has to be set up the right way to be competitive. A new chassis is still going to require proper setup to be competitive.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Amazing... another keyboard crew chief. Chub's 3rd in points, makes the field for the World. More competitive this year than in a long time. Lemme guess... a Rocket fan? Jealous much?How many races has he won this year? Has he run better, yeah, but how many wins? I've liked Chub since his Raceway 7 days, but since he lost Lester Buildings it's been downhill.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Tim can switch chassis all he wants. The problem with his operation isn't the cars themselves. A race car has to be set up the right way to be competitive. A new chassis is still going to require proper setup to be competitive.

Your right a chassis isnt the whole problem but its a major problem. He will run much better than he is now.

W2Racing09
10-29-2015, 02:26 PM
Your right a chassis isnt the whole problem but its a major problem. He will run much better than he is now.

If you say so.

Thanks,
Jeff.

bleedblue55
10-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Didn't this same conversation take place 2 years ago when TMac went from Warrior to Rocket. And a couple years before that when he switched to the Warrior. And a couple years before that when......................................

TackyTracker
10-29-2015, 02:48 PM
well good luck to T-Mac with the Lucas tour... Pretty stout group of driver's it's looking like

W2Racing09
10-29-2015, 02:49 PM
Didn't this same conversation take place 2 years ago when TMac went from Warrior to Rocket. And a couple years before that when he switched to the Warrior. And a couple years before that when......................................

Excellent Post.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Kwd1253
10-29-2015, 03:13 PM
Tim can switch chassis all he wants. The problem with his operation isn't the cars themselves. A race car has to be set up the right way to be competitive. A new chassis is still going to require proper setup to be competitive.This!!! But you have seen the same from chub and rick. They both was having problems with rocket setup. Chub will never be tge same like he once was but he been doing a lot better since he went to long horn. Rick turn his season around getting wins. Tmac to me is better driver than both,jmo. Maybe going lornhorn be best for him get where he once was, winning. But it could be the wrong chassis for him too. Good luck to tmac if he makes this move and start getting some wins.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-29-2015, 03:57 PM
We all have our own opinions, we'll just have to see what happens. Good luck to t-mac.

rickybrown1952
10-29-2015, 04:16 PM
It'll be great to see him racing with the Lucas guys.I may be a little behind here but where did the info come from about tmac running lucus oil series

Clayton_Wetter
10-29-2015, 04:19 PM
Heard info on timmys plans for 2016 and he will be back in the winners circle a bunch.

Is this what your crystal balls say??

How many wins? Two, three???

zyoung25
10-29-2015, 06:28 PM

good post. Some need to be thankful he's still around hasn't said pi$$ on it and be done with racing, at least he's searching around trying to find something that works for him.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-29-2015, 07:27 PM
Is this what your crystal balls say??

How many wins? Two, three???

No crystal ball here CW!
IDK how many wins but it will be more than 1 like this yr. My post was started before I knew he was jumping to lucas. Lucas is loaded and timmy knows that but he still gunna get a few. Not as many if he were to stay in WOO.

mud duck
10-30-2015, 01:28 AM
Is it just me or do some on here intentionally pump up the Longhorn brand as a cure all? Which in return gets the Longhorn haters, all riled up. But, it especially tunes the Rocket boys?? Especially, when one jumps ship? All the rumors going around, how come we don't hear of any big names jumping to Rocket?

bleedblue55
10-30-2015, 04:45 AM
Is it just me or do some on here intentionally pump up the Longhorn brand as a cure all? Which in return gets the Longhorn haters, all riled up. But, it especially tunes the Rocket boys?? Especially, when one jumps ship? All the rumors going around, how come we don't hear of any big names jumping to Rocket?
Quite simply most of the traveling drivers live in the moment. They get whatever is the hottest piece while it is still just that. Wasn't it just 2 years ago that Landers pulled out of the Rocket shop with their old hauler and 2 brand new Rockets. That's also when Timmy made the move to Rocket as 2013 was a good year for that chassis. Since then Lanigan/Black Diamond has appeared on the scene. Davenport/Rumley/Longhorn had a breakout year after a decade of mediocracy. And last but not least, Bloomer just keeps answering the challenge and winning. It's anybody's guess who discovers the next magic pill and becomes the darling of the late model elites. What does everyone think will happen if the BRWC/Owens partnership yields instant results on the Lucas scene, yea things might get a little busier around their shop. Touring drivers produce notoriety, local and regional drivers produce profit.

zyoung25
10-30-2015, 07:57 AM
It amazes me the amount of black diamond/club 29 cars that are out there now. At Florence this past weekend, the a main had 10 of 24 cars were black diamonds/club. I understand that is Lanigans back yard, but that's just crazy considering they've only been out for just over a year.

W2Racing09
10-30-2015, 08:26 AM

Bleedblue pretty much hit the nail on the head. If you look back through my posts however you will see that I don't care if someone is moving from GRT to Longhorn, or I was even more vocal last year about everyone and their grandmother going out to buy a Club 29. People on here were saying drivers need to switch from Bloomquist chassis, Rockets, BWRC, Dallara Indycars, Top Fuel Dragsters, etc. and go out to KY to pick up a car from Lanigan. The Club 29 was apparently the greatest race car on the planet. Now, about a year later nobody gives two f***s about Club 29 and everyone is instead getting off about Longhorn. Next year who knows, Jeremy Payne might rattle off 3 or 4 crown jewels and the GRT might be the one everyone will be trading in the Longhorn cars for.

Thanks,
Jeff.

oldfart50
10-30-2015, 02:59 PM
Big T-Mac fan and its good to hear he will be back next year. He has pretty much been missing since he won the WOO Championship and it hasnt mattered what kind of car he has had...

AnonymousNate
10-30-2015, 06:13 PM
Timmy to a longhorn. think I could see that fitting him. but who knows just another chassis ;) But dam Mister Timmy is a heck of a wheel man though. When you on you on when you off your off!!!

SnakeX3
10-30-2015, 08:58 PM
I may be a little behind here but where did the info come from about tmac running lucus oil series

I missed that too. Can anyone confirm this or was that just taken out of context from another post.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-30-2015, 09:14 PM
I missed that too. Can anyone confirm this or was that just taken out of context from another post.

No confermation here I was as suprised as anyone

SnakeX3
10-30-2015, 09:47 PM

Yeah. I would be surprised if he switched. Even with the higher purses and start money on the Lucas tour I would think he could make more money running WoO.

huskerdirt
10-30-2015, 10:27 PM

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?352430-Is-there-such-a-thing-as-to-much-of-a-good-thing

Said the info came "directly from the Sweetners Plus shop"

Nasty55
10-31-2015, 06:28 AM

Your ignorant jumper.... You clearly can't remember anything you say on here you fool.... You posted on post#10 on the thread that huskerdirt posted below where you confirmed 2 New longhorns.... But yet you always tell the truth......

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-31-2015, 09:25 AM
Your ignorant jumper.... You clearly can't remember anything you say on here you fool.... You posted on post#10 on the thread that huskerdirt posted below where you confirmed 2 New longhorns.... But yet you always tell the truth......

Nasty you dumb fkr. YOU SO FKN RIGHT. Read my post. I was talking about woo to lucas is what i was refering to as" no confermation" Not chassis. You just on here trying to prove im a liar by twisting sh!t around. I knew tmac purchased 2 longhorns before anybody posted it on here. Dont ask me how do you know just know that I do. Just keep babbling on!

onlyfacts
10-31-2015, 10:44 AM
Maybe T-Mac has other problems because it seems he has the same problem with his modified that he has been driving the past few seasons. Here is the a link to a recent article.... http://www.dirttrackdigest.com/NewPress/?p=12672 He blames the owner and team for having loyality to some manufacturers as the problem with that team. This seems to be the pattern with T-Mac and it is always some excuse. Usually best to take the high road. No fan of a Winer or a winner that has as it seems better resorces than most others and always blames someone or something.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-31-2015, 11:19 AM
Maybe T-Mac has other problems because it seems he has the same problem with his modified that he has been driving the past few seasons. Here is the a link to a recent article.... http://www.dirttrackdigest.com/NewPress/?p=12672 He blames the owner and team for having loyality to some manufacturers as the problem with that team. This seems to be the pattern with T-Mac and it is always some excuse. Usually best to take the high road. No fan of a Winer or a winner that has as it seems better resorces than most others and always blames someone or something.

They changed modified chassis when there old chassis was winning. I think that was the owners call. That old car had it going on and vinny always had tmac up front in wins

onlyfacts
10-31-2015, 11:46 AM
They changed modified chassis when there old chassis was winning. I think that was the owners call. That old car had it going on and vinny always had tmac up front in winsGreat come back... After missing the whole point. Hard to find owners or manufacturers that want to support a guy that when thing are not going well is always blaming someone or something. Maybe it is T-Mac. But the owner didn't blame him. I would bet that owner isn't done racing yet just taking the high road to part ways with the driver.

Nasty55
10-31-2015, 12:29 PM
Nasty you dumb fkr. YOU SO FKN RIGHT. Read my post. I was talking about woo to lucas is what i was refering to as" no confermation" Not chassis. You just on here trying to prove im a liar by twisting sh!t around. I knew tmac purchased 2 longhorns before anybody posted it on here. Dont ask me how do you know just know that I do. Just keep babbling on!

Blah Blah Blah....... im not gonna ask you anything jumper and im well aware of what you were talking about in your post #10 which by the way your still an ignorant fuker!!! I dont have to try and prove you to be anything on here you seem to do a good enough job of that on your own there jumper.....

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-31-2015, 01:16 PM
Blah Blah Blah....... im not gonna ask you anything jumper and im well aware of what you were talking about in your post #10 which by the way your still an ignorant fuker!!! I dont have to try and prove you to be anything on here you seem to do a good enough job of that on your own there jumper.....

Yup its just like you to call me a liar then not to prove it cuz your a COWARD!.In those posts it was refering to series change. DONT CALL ME OUT ON SOMETHING UNLESS YOU CAN PROVE IT. You want to flap your jaws and cant prove it trying to make me look bad. If im wrong il be the first to admit it and yes i have posted some things that were wrong but i corrected it UNLIKE You will keep arguing.

Barbecueboy
10-31-2015, 01:29 PM
You toss offs don't even have a race car .... And your allowed an opinion but I'm not ??? Blow me ....

Is this post serge approved?? I know how territorial you guys are.

Barbecueboy
10-31-2015, 01:33 PM
Because I read finishing orders I am suddenly qualified to be a crew chief? No matter what my opinion on anything is a 10th place finish, is a 10th place finish. I'm not really disrespecting Chub as much as I'm fed up with people thinking switching chassis the answer to the worlds problems. T-Mac will have a few wins next season just like this season, anyone who thinks he is going to light the world on fire because he bought his chassis from down south rather than in WV is sadly mistaken.

Longhorn south or longhorn north???

Is there really going to be a difference?

Barbecueboy
10-31-2015, 01:40 PM

I'm hearing that huck Tyson is getting a new rocket and putting a 525 in it so he can run the Home Depot garage series next year.

He's a pretty big lame...................name, meant name.

Barbecueboy
10-31-2015, 01:42 PM
Bleedblue pretty much hit the nail on the head. If you look back through my posts however you will see that I don't care if someone is moving from GRT to Longhorn, or I was even more vocal last year about everyone and their grandmother going out to buy a Club 29. People on here were saying drivers need to switch from Bloomquist chassis, Rockets, BWRC, Dallara Indycars, Top Fuel Dragsters, etc. and go out to KY to pick up a car from Lanigan. The Club 29 was apparently the greatest race car on the planet. Now, about a year later nobody gives two f***s about Club 29 and everyone is instead getting off about Longhorn. Next year who knows, Jeremy Payne might rattle off 3 or 4 crown jewels and the GRT might be the one everyone will be trading in the Longhorn cars for.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Back away from the pipe Jeff..............just sayin

bigblock39
10-31-2015, 02:03 PM

Where in this article does T-Mac blame the owner of the modified? His quote is "It has been an amazing run. We’ve struggled the last year and a half. Unfortunately I think we made some decisions to run with some manufacturers that have held us back. For the first three or four years we winning at 30 to 40 percent clip with this car. It is what it is. It’s been a good run.” He said "WE made decisions"...Not "the owner made decisions."

Nasty55
10-31-2015, 03:38 PM
Yup its just like you to call me a liar then not to prove it cuz your a COWARD!.In those posts it was refering to series change. DONT CALL ME OUT ON SOMETHING UNLESS YOU CAN PROVE IT. You want to flap your jaws and cant prove it trying to make me look bad. If im wrong il be the first to admit it and yes i have posted some things that were wrong but i corrected it UNLIKE You will keep arguing.

Wow you actually grew a pair...... Now let's see if you are fukn smart enough to come up with some of that sh!t on your own instead of having your mom write it down for you to say!!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-31-2015, 03:41 PM
Great come back... After missing the whole point. Hard to find owners or manufacturers that want to support a guy that when thing are not going well is always blaming someone or something. Maybe it is T-Mac. But the owner didn't blame him. I would bet that owner isn't done racing yet just taking the high road to part ways with the driver.

My bad it was both owner/driver decision to switch chassis.

Josh Bayko
10-31-2015, 04:23 PM
Great come back... After missing the whole point. Hard to find owners or manufacturers that want to support a guy that when thing are not going well is always blaming someone or something. Maybe it is T-Mac. But the owner didn't blame him. I would bet that owner isn't done racing yet just taking the high road to part ways with the driver.

The owner is done racing for the time being. Everything he has is for sale. He said he might come back in a few years, though.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-31-2015, 05:04 PM

After reading article I bet your right that owners not done but we dk the whole situation there.