PDA

View Full Version : It came and went...just like that!

TheJet-09
11-01-2015, 03:57 AM
I would've bet good money there'd be a 5 page post by now about Bobby Pierce running the truck race at Martinsville, with half the posts saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and the other half claiming he's a weapon on the track. Antics at a go-cart track got more attention than that! Either way, I think he did good. I believe he ended up 22nd...not a performance that will turn a lot of heads, but he did a good job of staying out of trouble. If he gets talking to the right people maybe it will turn into bigger things for him.

Nasty55
11-01-2015, 04:33 AM
I would've bet good money there'd be a 5 page post by now about Bobby Pierce running the truck race at Martinsville, with half the posts saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and the other half claiming he's a weapon on the track. Antics at a go-cart track got more attention than that! Either way, I think he did good. I believe he ended up 22nd...not a performance that will turn a lot of heads, but he did a good job of staying out of trouble. If he gets talking to the right people maybe it will turn into bigger things for him.

The kid did do good he went 200 laps and stayed out of trouble... And like you said although it wasn't a barn burning performance it was still a good one as he started 28th and finished 22nd....

Highside Hustler25
11-01-2015, 06:34 AM
I watched the kid stay on the lead lap for 200 circuits and was gonna post something but thought, he11, why feed the trolls?:rolleyes:

kidrock
11-01-2015, 07:44 AM
What some forget that is a low budget race team so, it's not like he had one of the best rides in the series.

Cardirt0
11-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Good for him..I watched the truck race did not even know he was in the race.....

CrankedUp90
11-01-2015, 05:20 PM
Ran a good race. Got lapped early but a caution saved him and he got the lucky dog. He seeemd to find more speed as it went on. Was up to 16th late but the restarts were killin him. Kept getting stuck on the outside on a one grooved surface..

TheJet-09
11-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Agreed. I think his dirt experience helped him get through some of the wrecks virtually unscathed. There was a real late one (I forget who spun) and he couldn't get to the outside so he just squared up the nose and pushed on through. Looks like a real young field of drivers at that level. Consider how many more laps Bobby gets to run weekly/yearly (albeit on dirt) compared to the kids growing up on asphalt. He can race 2-3 times every week, then factor in something like the Summer Nationals running 5 nights or more a week (when Mother Nature allows) and I think it shows. Don't know that I've ever watched more than a few laps of a truck race but with Bobby in the field I watched start to finish. I'd call it a success for him!

t3r3e3
11-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Ran a good race. Got lapped early but a caution saved him and he got the lucky dog. He seeemd to find more speed as it went on. Was up to 16th late but the restarts were killin him. Kept getting stuck on the outside on a one grooved surface..

Never did understand why they couldn't bank the tops of the turns in Martinsville and give a surface that was at least two grooves. It's a sad state in NA$CAR when one of the supposedly 3-4 best tracks is a perpetual catfish race. For what it's worth the new Bristol is far better than the old one for the same reason.

race4dad 31
11-02-2015, 10:36 PM
Never did understand why they couldn't bank the tops of the turns in Martinsville and give a surface that was at least two grooves. It's a sad state in NA$CAR when one of the supposedly 3-4 best tracks is a perpetual catfish race. For what it's worth the new Bristol is far better than the old one for the same reason.If you truly feel the "new" Bristol is better than the old then I understand why nascar has lost the interest of thousands the last few years. The old track was a racers track and if your car handles well you could run high or low. I watched guys like Dale Sr the Labonte's even Harry Gant work the high line with success with the "old" track

WisWildManFan
11-03-2015, 10:14 AM
If you truly feel the "new" Bristol is better than the old then I understand why nascar has lost the interest of thousands the last few years. The old track was a racers track and if your car handles well you could run high or low. I watched guys like Dale Sr the Labonte's even Harry Gant work the high line with success with the "old" track Depends what you are calling the old track I guess. The last config before the progressive banking was one lane on the bottom. Before the track was concrete it seemed like they could run multiple grooves. Back to the point of the thread at least we have the bad boy indy race coming to hear ab bobby some more lol