PDA

View Full Version : Bloomquist???

Nasty55
11-01-2015, 04:56 AM
Anyone know what happened to Scott last night that caused him to fall back and finish 10th? He ran 2nd for the longest time...

bloomquist0
11-01-2015, 07:44 AM
Anyone know what happened to Scott last night that caused him to fall back and finish 10th? He ran 2nd for the longest time...
Flat right rear just after 1/2 way. I believe.

gorj
11-01-2015, 09:44 AM
how many times did he stop on the track to bring out the caution so he could get a new tire?

huskerdirt
11-01-2015, 09:49 AM
how many times did he stop on the track to bring out the caution so he could get a new tire?

Considering he only pitted once..... I'm guessing one time.

In the race report he was charged with one caution on lap 37.

Dirt Frog
11-01-2015, 09:55 AM
He was testing again !!!! Lmao

Punisher88
11-01-2015, 10:00 AM
I think he was expecting more flat tires and dropped in to get his early to give him time to come back through plus everyone having flats, but only 3 or 4 cars lost tires.

cstyles
11-01-2015, 10:20 AM
It looked like he cut a tire when he chose the high side on the restart around lap 30. It was just a shame though that they ran all the lower classes before the late models. Track had well over 200 laps on it and wasnt much of a racing surface left for the late models.

zach51
11-01-2015, 10:34 AM
They had hoped to work the track but the looming rain made they have to hurry it up

upaginit in North GA
11-01-2015, 10:36 AM
I didn't see a flat tire, he got passed by several cars. Well, you know there has to be something wrong, so he stops on the track, they throw the caution, he almost gets caught in the pits with the green coming out. However the fact of the matter was after a thorough debrief and inspection of the car, the diagnosis was he just had a bad NIGHTMARE! And on top of that he got Widow Waxed!

RoundNrOUND
11-01-2015, 10:39 AM
^^^^^^clever

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-01-2015, 11:02 AM
I didn't see a flat tire, he got passed by several cars. Well, you know there has to be something wrong, so he stops on the track, they throw the caution, he almost gets caught in the pits with the green coming out. However the fact of the matter was after a thorough debrief and inspection of the car, the diagnosis was he just had a bad NIGHTMARE! And on top of that he got Widow Waxed!

LMAO I like that! Good one upaginit!

t3r3e3
11-01-2015, 11:23 AM
It looked like he cut a tire when he chose the high side on the restart around lap 30. It was just a shame though that they ran all the lower classes before the late models. Track had well over 200 laps on it and wasnt much of a racing surface left for the late models.

The surface should come as no surprise. It's EAMS we're talking about here. They have a class for everything except backhoes and hovercraft. They also run the big class last to maximize the take at the concession stand. Why anyone (except families/drivers in the other 7 classes) bothers to attend that show is beyond me. There's a reason they call it the 24 hours of EAMS...

t3r3e3
11-01-2015, 11:26 AM
They had hoped to work the track but the looming rain made they have to hurry it up

The rain forecast wasn't exactly a surprise. The NOAA forecast for the track area was pretty much spot on. The bottom line is the track was cooked, and running the main event last pretty much ensures it will be.

Josh Bayko
11-01-2015, 11:28 AM
He had a rough night. It happens to the best of em.

fryefan
11-01-2015, 01:04 PM
He was testing again !!!! Lmao

That will be the excuse he uses for getting his a$$ kicked.

seifertfan2
11-01-2015, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE=t3r3e3;1965234]The surface should come as no surprise. It's EAMS we're talking about here. They have a class for everything except backhoes and hovercraft. They also run the big class last to maximize the take at the concession stand. Why anyone (except families/drivers in the other 7 classes) bothers to attend that show is beyond me. There's a reason they call it the 24 hours of EAMS...[/QUOTE

I have been to this race a couple of times and if they had been able to rework the track, I think it would have been an awesome race. I understand with the weather and everything why they had to rush the show along and I applaud them for even having it. They could have easily just canceled and not had to pay out anything, and they even paid the full purse. Everyone that goes there knows what to expect and the place is still usually full, I just wish it was closer to my house and I would go alot more. I love the place, but thats JMO.

pickersparadise
11-02-2015, 05:42 AM
from what i seen the track looked pretty good , good racing and passing right up to the end

SnakeX3
11-02-2015, 05:14 PM
It's EAMS we're talking about here. They have a class for everything except backhoes and hovercraft.

LOL! You ain't kiddin'! I got the DoD PPV for it and I enjoyed getting to see so many classes running before the big show, but with the weather and condensing everything to one day it was not an optimal situation.

I have been to this race a couple of times and if they had been able to rework the track, I think it would have been an awesome race. I understand with the weather and everything why they had to rush the show along and I applaud them for even having it. They could have easily just canceled and not had to pay out anything, and they even paid the full purse. Everyone that goes there knows what to expect and the place is still usually full, I just wish it was closer to my house and I would go alot more. I love the place, but thats JMO.

I think that once the weather became a question they should have shuffled the features around. The only reason time and weather became an issue was they had three 50 lap wreck-a-thon features running before the Supers. After they reworked the track from 4-6 pm if they ran the entire Super show...from hot laps through the feature the track would have been as good as possible for the main event and everyone would have been happy even if one of the undercard races got called for weather.

I applaud the track for condensing the show to one day. They made the best of a bad situation. However, they really need to work on getting personnel that can clean up after a caution with a bit more of a sense of urgency. Every wreck seemed to take 10-15 minutes to clean up. They also had some odd deal where cars were being worked on or inspected on the front stretch during the undercard events. If they had just kept the show moving for the lower classes there should have been plenty of time to do even a small amount of track prep before the big show.

I'm sure the track had their reasons to do things the way they did and they certainly had some difficult decisions to make. At least they did start counting caution laps for the wreckfest races, so they were trying. Hopefully they learn from the experience and improve for the next time.