PDA

View Full Version : Matt Kenseth

dirtluver
11-01-2015, 08:24 PM
I think he did the right thing dumping Joey. He sure made a lot more fans...LOL

fryefan
11-01-2015, 10:30 PM
Logano just learned that paybacks are hell. Maybe he will think twice before he spins out someone in the future.

castone
11-01-2015, 10:46 PM
One thing for sure, if you are a bully on or off the race track - your payback will come big time.

zyoung25
11-02-2015, 12:41 AM
I'm just curious here. I'm not a fan of either one. When the first incident happened between these two, what was Joey supposed to do exactly? Matt took him up the whole race track and pinched him into the wall. So is that okay to do and not expect to not get turned around? IF Matt had just let him go in that situation, he would've finished 2nd in that race at Kansas, and would've been in a better spot in points leading up to now. I dont understand how what Joey did was so bad, why it made everyone look down on him? Being around racing, and have actually raced before. If I was treated as Joey was at Kansas, I'm doing the same thing, don't run me to the wall and expect nothing to happen. Yea, Joey took him out, so what? I done laid out what would've been the smartest thing to for Matt at the time.

TALON75
11-02-2015, 01:02 AM
Joey took him out, brake checked him bad going to pit road the next week, then this week the knucklehead teammate takes him out. He would have had my permission to drive his car through Penske f@cking haulers. Justice was served today, NASCAR need not involve themselves in this incident either.

zyoung25
11-02-2015, 02:08 AM
I didnt know of the brake checking deal from last week, or the deal from this week. If you cast stones like that, then it's deserved.

Cardirt0
11-02-2015, 02:57 AM
Joey said they will not let me get too him.. LOL Joey if you got to him he kick your a$$... The kid is so full of $hit....

TheJet-09
11-02-2015, 05:39 AM
I can't stand Logano. Not sure why, but if he didn't know that was coming he never raced on Saturday nights very long. When I was fairly new to racing I was complaining to a buddy about guys always running into me. He asked if I knew why they ran into me. When I answered no, he replied "because they know you won't do anything about it." Logano now knows Kenseth will do something about it.

edavis71
11-02-2015, 06:40 AM
Well done Matt Kenseth.

CIRF
11-02-2015, 07:16 AM
The most entertaining thing of this whole incident was Logano's daddy lookin' to kick some ass and avenge the wrong that had perpetrated on his poor kid. It looked like he was saying something like "please hold me back or I'm gonna' kick somebody's ass, please hold me back"!! LOL!

h1ghs1de
11-02-2015, 08:21 AM
not a fan of either of them, but blatantly taking out the leader while being lapped is b.s. and then not having the guts to man up to what you do is chicken crap too... dont know about brake checking last week but did see the logano/kenseth issue from kansas...kenseth blocked him the last few laps and joey with the faster car wasnt going to be blocked on the last lap...thats racing... riding around and taking out the leader while youre being lapped is a freakin joke...but then again its the only way anyones gonna care or talk about nascar anymore...none of it is as bad as what harvick did at talledega...whipe out half the field to keep yourself in the "chase"

jog49
11-02-2015, 08:38 AM
I've watched the replay a number of times concerning the Martinsville incident. You watch it and observe the white lines on the track, Approaching the turn, both cars begin moving towards the inside, Kenseth is suppose to back off (according to who?) and let Logano to the bottom line, and Kenseth doesn't back off. Did Kenseth mean to not back off? Of course he did but it's not like he was head hunting. His brakes were locked up as they slid into the outside wall as witnessed by the skid marks. Real payback would have driven the 22 over the outside wall all at full throttle and into the parking lot.
The eunuchs at NASCAR will probably do something but this incident was a result of it NOT having done something in the past about this "racin' is rubbin'" BS.

cgrace
11-02-2015, 08:39 AM
not a fan of either of them, but blatantly taking out the leader while being lapped is b.s. and then not having the guts to man up to what you do is chicken crap too... dont know about brake checking last week but did see the logano/kenseth issue from kansas...kenseth blocked him the last few laps and joey with the faster car wasnt going to be blocked on the last lap...thats racing... riding around and taking out the leader while youre being lapped is a freakin joke...but then again its the only way anyones gonna care or talk about nascar anymore...none of it is as bad as what harvick did at talledega...whipe out half the field to keep yourself in the "chase"agree w this post

CIRF
11-02-2015, 09:13 AM
I've watched the replay a number of times concerning the Martinsville incident. You watch it and observe the white lines on the track, Approaching the turn, both cars begin moving towards the inside, Kenseth is suppose to back off (according to who?) and let Logano to the bottom line, and Kenseth doesn't back off. Did Kenseth mean to not back off? Of course he did but it's not like he was head hunting. His brakes were locked up as they slid into the outside wall as witnessed by the skid marks. Real payback would have driven the 22 over the outside wall all at full throttle and into the parking lot.
The eunuchs at NASCAR will probably do something but this incident was a result of it NOT having done something in the past about this "racin' is rubbin'" BS.

The last sentence of Mr. jog49's post goes right to the heart of the matter. Well said, sir.

1bbmft
11-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Joey didn't race much short track local stuff because Mark Martin got him a ride in NASCAR because he was kicking Mark's son's but in go-karts. Daddy Lagano hade big deep pockets and the two combined is why he is where is at today. Lil rich kid bought his ride.

Think about this, go back 30+ (1985+/-) years and Joey did this to Dale Sr, Rusty, Darrell, Cale any one back then the kid would have never made it outta the track with out getting his azz kicked.

DoubleZero
11-02-2015, 09:54 AM
Mr. Brian Z France's mantra of "boys have at it...." , a couple years ago, is a factor too.

J. Steve Davis
11-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Harvick should have got the same thing! Go Matt!

WisWildManFan
11-02-2015, 10:45 AM
Kenseth had a perfect chance to get a dig on harvick in his interview, " I was just trying to get out of the way and never saw him until we made contact" instead he blamed it on mechanical failure... Harvick is smiling ear to ear now as the heat is off of him.

nlhenry55
11-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Iam now a Kennesth fan.

rickybrown1952
11-02-2015, 11:12 AM
I totally agree with what Kenseth did I would have done the same thing I laughed when I seen it my thoughts about logano is that he is little snot nose spoiled brat with having everything handed to him on a silver platter and a face u would like to just slap

castone
11-02-2015, 11:15 AM
The crowd gave big applause cheering for Kenseth, looks like the crowd thought Kenseth was justified in what he did.

bullring
11-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Saddest part is you have 2 pussies sitting in cars with tens of thousands of dollars of damage and both were afraid to get out of their cars. Neither got out for quite sometime. Any short track one if not both drivers would be scrambling to get out of there cars and going to confront the other driver.

Cardirt0
11-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Dirt racing has a rule for this spin the car in front of you you go too the back of the line..when the 22 spun the 20 be for this race if they had put him too the back.. Maybe he found a way to pass (22) by not crashing him (20) then the 20 would not have too pay back...I DONT like dirty racing. But i will send money too help pay a fine if Kenseth is fined....If all the racers payed back 22 for his race day driving there ant a nuff races left this year for them too crash him....

Cardirt0
11-02-2015, 11:41 AM
Saddest part is you have 2 pussies sitting in cars with tens of thousands of dollars of damage and both were afraid to get out of their cars. Neither got out for quite sometime. Any short track one if not both drivers would be scrambling to get out of there cars and going to confront the other driver.

Cause if they did they were told that they would be parked...and fined new rule this year....You can not get out of car be for a track member gets too your car.....14 T S rule...

jb20
11-02-2015, 12:10 PM
I don't understand all of the Logano hate. I'm not particularly a fan of either, but Logano moved Kenseth to win a race. Kenseth is pi$$y because he's out of championship contention so he takes his already trashed car and drives through the leader of the race as "pay back". Those are two entirely different actions. When you are 10 laps down and take out the leader, you deserve whatever punishment NASCAR throws at you. As for him owing Logano, Joey tried several ways of getting around Matt at Kansas. I'm not really a fan of moving a guy for a win, but that is historically ok. How many times did Dale do it without anyone calling for his head? I lost a lot of respect for Kenseth yesterday. I thought he was better than that.

CIRF
11-02-2015, 12:43 PM
The difference between Dale and everyone else was that Dale and everyone else knew NASCAR would not penalize Dale while other drivers would have wins taken away. It's called having Billy France and NASCAR deeply in his pocket. Not sure there is an active driver or team that has that type of advantage these days. Not even Earnhardt Jr.

Highside Hustler25
11-02-2015, 12:45 PM
I don't understand all of the Logano hate. I'm not particularly a fan of either, but Logano moved Kenseth to win a race.

You're close:DLogano wrecked Kenseth to win a race. Not "moved". He also ended his chance at a Title run. Logano is not out of it yet so I'd say he got off easy. Not a fan of either one but I have more respect for Matt than I did before the race. I like a guy who tells it like it is and isn't afraid of NASCRPS punishment.

formercrewguy
11-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Who cares.....................congrats GORDON!!!! Epic win.

WisWildManFan
11-02-2015, 01:06 PM
You're close:DLogano wrecked Kenseth to win a race. Not "moved". He also ended his chance at a Title run. Logano is not out of it yet so I'd say he got off easy. Not a fan of either one but I have more respect for Matt than I did before the race. I like a guy who tells it like it is and isn't afraid of NASCRPS punishment. Kenseth did anything but tell it like it is in his interview... Napcar needs this circus to continue because the racing itself sucks. Homestead shaping up to be a team demo!

Barbecueboy
11-02-2015, 01:12 PM
Kenseth did anything but tell it like it is in his interview... Napcar needs this circus to continue because the racing itself sucks. Homestead shaping up to be a team demo!

By a bunch of team homos.........

And your right about NASCAR needing this.........waaaay to many empty seats for it to be martinsville , and a chase race.

Cardirt0
11-02-2015, 01:27 PM
Dad died and boy get too run it ...Dad was good at running it the kid is not.. Hard too believe that the race was only 1/2 full.. They have run off all the old fans.. Kids came in for 3 or 4 years and now a lot of them have moved on ..But the old fans will not come back...All the cars look the same 1/2 the new tracks look the same..Cant do this cant do that . make up rules as you go.. the kid need too sell it too someone who can run it....

TS FAN
11-02-2015, 01:39 PM
LOL, while everyone is choosing up sides, I will remind everyone of how Gordon took out Bowyer and cost him a real shot of winning the championship. He did that because he said he didn't like the way he was racing him. Hum. Gordon got a slap on the wrist. I thought that was even worse than what happened yesterday. Although, what happened yesterday was very unfortunate.

drano
11-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Bet Gordon was in a Longhorn.......Horns up

CIRF
11-02-2015, 02:38 PM
LOL, while everyone is choosing up sides, I will remind everyone of how Gordon took out Bowyer and cost him a real shot of winning the championship. He did that because he said he didn't like the way he was racing him. Hum. Gordon got a slap on the wrist. I thought that was even worse than what happened yesterday. Although, what happened yesterday was very unfortunate.

Hey Power, there isn't enough bandwidth here to list all the lowlife bull$hit your boy stewy has perpetrated through the years starting with quarter midgets, through USAC and all the way to Canandaigua.

You've been a gordo hater for a long time, now haven't ya' Power? Bbwwaaaaahahaha!

How's your back door buddy HB these days? Hehehehe!!

Clayton_Wetter
11-02-2015, 02:40 PM

If either one got out of their cars the PC crowd on here would be in a total uproar about it. You know it's a horrible act to get out of a race car!!! LOLOLOL

pap
11-02-2015, 02:43 PM
Just add this to the discussion. If I remember right, Lagano was already locked into this round of the chase with a win at Charlotte. So if you look at it, did he need to race Kenseth so hard at Kansas???? Was the brake Checking at 'Dega necessary????? For him (Lagano) he probably did, to keep Matt out of the chase. To me, that makes the Martinsville dump more than justified!!!!

highgroove
11-02-2015, 02:44 PM
Nascar created this mess when they come up with the chase elimination. You have to wreck people to stay in...No way a guy with 5 wins should be eliminated because of one bad race....If Dale Earnhart were alive and was eliminated in the first round , his fans would be burning the place down...The way Nascar is run today by golden boy France , is part of the reason the stands are empty today....

b1eagle
11-02-2015, 02:51 PM
Fagono tried to kill Denny and nothing was done.Nascrap love the Penske boys.

PennDirt
11-02-2015, 03:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rAvvk6g.jpg?1

poolcuemaster
11-02-2015, 03:36 PM
And it will be fair if him or his teammates wack keslooski and losegano out the next two weeks but I would have waited and stuck them at Homestead and made it final jeporady.--Leonard

fastford
11-02-2015, 04:13 PM
i use to be a huge kenseth fan , and i like joey, but what matt did sunday was wrong at every aspect, i don't care what the past was, if you are a lapper and take out the leader on purpose, and from what i saw was the case, then you should face the consequences. now if all you haters would be honest with yourself, you probably feel the same.

Barbecueboy
11-02-2015, 04:51 PM
If either one got out of their cars the PC crowd on here would be in a total uproar about it. You know it's a horrible act to get out of a race car!!! LOLOLOL

No kidding............especially after just hitting the bong.......people can get hurt or worse.

RW57
11-02-2015, 05:01 PM
Did you people not hear Longanos spotter yelling still there 3 times his punk ass was gonna rub it in one more time guess what Kenesth did not lift and when Logano made his arc into the corner Kenesth was still there and when he hooked him it was on yea Kenesth turned him but Logano gets the dum ass of the year award for putting himself in that spot face it he had it coming .

TS FAN
11-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Hey Power, there isn't enough bandwidth here to list all the lowlife bull$hit your boy stewy has perpetrated through the years starting with quarter midgets, through USAC and all the way to Canandaigua.

You've been a gordo hater for a long time, now haven't ya' Power? Bbwwaaaaahahaha!

How's your back door buddy HB these days? Hehehehe!!

In fact, you post like a child. Grow up

dirtlm3
11-02-2015, 07:51 PM
in dirt racing if you would block like Kanas or any plate race you would be wrecked every time

25drtrkr
11-02-2015, 08:12 PM
Did you people not hear Longanos spotter yelling still there 3 times his punk ass was gonna rub it in one more time guess what Kenesth did not lift and when Logano made his arc into the corner Kenesth was still there and when he hooked him it was on yea Kenesth turned him but Logano gets the dum ass of the year award for putting himself in that spot face it he had it coming .

I thought the same thing! I don't really think it matters, it looked like Kenseth was dead set on crashing Logano!

btw....Im a Kenseth fan now!

drano
11-02-2015, 08:20 PM
Nascar is also looking at the Patrick and Gilliland accident Danica dumped him on purpose said there could be penalties they were so far back I didn't even know it happened guess she pulled a Kenseth they are about in the same league imo.

37mod
11-02-2015, 08:47 PM
NASCAR has always played favorites from Cup down to the WRS. "Boys have at it" actually means: If you bring enough money to the table we will over look your actions. Right, wrong or other this is the only thing that has people talking about NAPCAR right now. They will come out with some fines and penalties to appease a few but they won't change anything because this is the only excitement they have now. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DIRT TRACK....IT'S THE BEST RACING OUT THERE!

Nasty55
11-02-2015, 08:54 PM
It wouldnt of been so bad if Matt had of came out of the gas and steered back to the left once he hit him but he just blasted in there and that was it..... I dont blame Matt for dumping Joey as Joey has screwed with him the past 2-3 weeks and as someone else stated earlier the deal at Kansas was all on Joey he should of never wrecked Matt for the win.... Im kind of hoping that joey gets his ass handed to him by someone before the year is over with..... On a more positive note though a huge congrats to Jeff Gordon on the win.... I hope he wins the championship and goes out in style.....

grumfan
11-02-2015, 09:14 PM
It wouldnt of been so bad if Matt had of came out of the gas and steered back to the left once he hit him but he just blasted in there and that was it..... I dont blame Matt for dumping Joey as Joey has screwed with him the past 2-3 weeks and as someone else stated earlier the deal at Kansas was all on Joey he should of never wrecked Matt for the win.... Im kind of hoping that joey gets his ass handed to him by someone before the year is over with..... On a more positive note though a huge congrats to Jeff Gordon on the win.... I hope he wins the championship and goes out in style.....

You're forgetting that something happened to Kenseth's steering. Heh, heh.

castone
11-02-2015, 09:34 PM
The only thing Kenseth did wrong was not to man up and say, hell yeah I lite him up!

Raceready
11-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Fagono tried to kill Denny and nothing was done.Nascrap love the Penske boys. How TRUE ! Have the small handful of Blowgano supporters forgotten that little Joey made a statement about what he was going to do to Denny Hamlin and then he purposely BROKE HIS BACK ! He should have been dismissed right there and then !

fryefan
11-03-2015, 12:05 AM
I liked this comment from Matt Kenseth,

"Some days your the ball and some days your the bat. It doesn't feel so good to be the ball."

fryefan
11-03-2015, 12:07 AM
You're close:DLogano wrecked Kenseth to win a race. Not "moved". He also ended his chance at a Title run. Logano is not out of it yet so I'd say he got off easy. Not a fan of either one but I have more respect for Matt than I did before the race. I like a guy who tells it like it is and isn't afraid of NASCRPS punishment.

I totally agree with this take.

RW57
11-03-2015, 03:18 AM
Kenesth set the trap and Loganos arrogant ass drove right into it. He could have waited till the straight to go around him but no he is gonna be an ass and chop him going into the corner he should have known better.I am not a Kenesth fan but have a little more respect for him.

wvkidrocketfan
11-03-2015, 06:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rAvvk6g.jpg?1 Post of the year. Just think. This has a late model message board talking about NASCRAP. Mission accomplished.

gjohnston
11-03-2015, 07:41 AM
Kenseth had no choice but to do something at some time regardless of the situation. If he doesn't rough up Logano at some point it sends the message to other drivers that you can push him around. If he does what he did it sends the message to other drivers that you don't want to mess with him. Anyone who didn't expect Kenseth to retaliate in some way needs to stop watching racing and turn their interest in hot dog eating contests.

I've been watching Kenseth race since the very beginning of his career in Wisconsin. As soon as he was turned at Kansas I thought "oh boy, Logano messed with the wrong bull." All this "mild mannered Matt Kenseth" stuff is hilarious. People who say that have no concept of his pre-NASCAR days.

I think people are missing one important part of this whole situation. Kenseth wasn't as ticked off about what happened on the track at Kansas as he was at the arrogance that Logano had after that incident when he tried to explain it. Kenseth understands "racing " incidents and can swallow his pride regarding them and move on. It's what was said afterwards that irked him to no end...then that was followed up by he stuff at Talladega. Then that was followed up by the way Logano and Keselowski were toying with the restarts this past weekend. Kenseth's comments afterwards I thought were spot on in continuing to address this. He's getting slammed for not "owning up" but that would miss the point and because he said what he did it clearly shows how Logano's comments after Kansas pushed this thing over the line.

Different drivers have openly said that they have no issue with what Kenseth did. Jr., and Gordon included and they are the two most well known drivers in that series. That should tell you something about the way Logano is regarded in the garage area. Jimmy Spencer isn't around anymore to settle the guy's hash. It's refreshing seeing a driver exact some sort of justice (whether you agree or not) when he feels he has been wronged. If the sanctioning body is going to create a stupid format like this and then side step everything by calling it "quintisential NASCAR" it's on them. They created a fertile field where this manipulation of races could happen and Kenseth planted a very significant seed.

fastford
11-03-2015, 08:48 AM
man, i love a good argument , or debate, but just cant work up the energy to argue about any thing to do with nascrap any more, i will save my thoughts for real racing, but you guys carry on.........

blncfn57
11-03-2015, 09:14 AM
The difference between Dale and everyone else was that Dale and everyone else knew NASCAR would not penalize Dale while other drivers would have wins taken away. It's called having Billy France and NASCAR deeply in his pocket. Not sure there is an active driver or team that has that type of advantage these days. Not even Earnhardt Jr.

please list drivers that have had their wins away from.

CIRF
11-03-2015, 10:41 AM
In fact, you post like a child. Grow up
Coming from the likes of you I wear that statement like a badge of honor.

Power ol' buddy, here's a fact for ya', you got some real thin skin going on and it looks a whole lot like we're under it, if'n ya' know what I mean. Here's some advice back at ya', you probably need to concentrate more on being the best stewy nut hugger possible and less on your snappy comeback's! Literally LOL!

Been hangin' out with Chip much lately!

You didn't answer as to how your back door buddy HB is these days. Hehehehe!!

CIRF
11-03-2015, 02:32 PM
please list drivers that have had their wins away from.

Ricky Rudd was black flagged while leading the last lap of the 1991 Banquet 300 after having turned Davey Allison in turn 11 just before taking the white flag. Rudd went on to lead the last lap, but when he crossed the finish line he was shown the black flag instead of the checkered flag. NASCAR deemed Rudd's contact as rough driving and awarded the trophy to Allison.

A more blatant incident took place at Bristol in August of 1999 and the win stood. The rough driving in this instance was perpetrated by a guy that had Billy France Jr. and NASCAR DEEPLY in his pocket.

Therein lies the difference.

Barbecueboy
11-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Somebody's hair just caught fire because you mention the Bristol incident again.......but your right, and good post as always.

WisWildManFan
11-03-2015, 03:11 PM
One incident that no one (including media) has made a comparison to is a few years ago when tony spun Vickers at Sonoma... Vickers was off track for multiple laps, came back out drove half speed around the track until the 14 caught him going into the hair pin and he stuffed him up on the tires. I believe tony was winning the race at the time. No suspension for that... I believe kenseth is gonna take some of the fall for harvick's race altering move as well. When Gordon ruined clint's chase no suspension was granted... plus Joey's chances at winning one of the next two races are very good. Nascar consistently inconsistent.

PennDirt
11-03-2015, 05:06 PM
#freematt :)

dirtracr33
11-03-2015, 06:20 PM
so why no suspension for logano for Kansas..he more or less said that he dumped kenseth on purpose for blocking...so its ok to take a guy out as long as your the first one to do it, but if you retaliate then your suspended?

SuperEight
11-03-2015, 06:32 PM

Its against the rules to leave your car now since the Kevin Ward deal.

Clayton_Wetter
11-03-2015, 06:34 PM
No kidding............especially after just hitting the bong.......people can get hurt or worse.

Kenseth or Lagano? :) Or both???

PennDirt
11-03-2015, 06:35 PM
"If you take something from me, I'm going to take it back" The Code

The Racers Code in the words of Ricky Craven http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14047292

Yeah, Craven is an easy target to trash back at but I agree with him. And I'm also appreciative of Hamlin's instantaneous tweets of outrage upon the two race suspension.

Clayton_Wetter
11-03-2015, 06:54 PM

Now now TS. We know you are getting all apprehensive now that Mr. Gordon has a decent shot at winning the title for the fifth time, thus destroying your old four and no more chant of old on here. Let's not forget that Gordon would have two more NASCAR titles under the old system before the CHASE was invented he actually had the most points two more times if the old system had still been in use.

Bowyer started that conflict first, and as stated by Gordon, He was racing Bowyer clean, but Bowyer did not return the favor.

Anyway the season is not over yet, so don't get to hyper or lose too much sleep over the possibility that Gordon might win.

Besides, WE could have a big 4M celebration after Homestead right???

WisWildManFan
11-03-2015, 07:32 PM
Its against the rules to leave your car now since the Kevin Ward deal.I think his point was they are both pu$$ies... Just like 85% of the other drivers in nascar. I've seen nascar sanctioned short track drivers get out of their cars since the ward incident with no issues. There are no real men left in the sport

Cardirt0
11-03-2015, 07:44 PM
Sat Down for 2 races that is so unfair.. I can see a fine but not a sit down...What they are saying you can crash someone on the same lap but if you down some laps you cant...

drano
11-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Set him out for 2 races is nothing what is he going to lose.

reddyfreddy
11-03-2015, 10:05 PM
People keep saying how Matt ran him into the wall at Kansas. He was behind Kenseth, not beside him.He may have run into the wall, but he did that himself.

CIRF
11-03-2015, 10:25 PM
I think his point was they are both pu$$ies... Just like 85% of the other drivers in nascar. I've seen nascar sanctioned short track drivers get out of their cars since the ward incident with no issues. There are no real men left in the sport

I'm curious as to what constitutes a "real man"?

Highside Hustler25
11-03-2015, 10:59 PM
"If you take something from me, I'm going to take it back" The Code

The Racers Code in the words of Ricky Craven http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14047292

Yeah, Craven is an easy target to trash back at but I agree with him. And I'm also appreciative of Hamlin's instantaneous tweets of outrage upon the two race suspension.

Yes, Denny Hamlin gave a great interview on the subject of "The Code". Wonder in Nascar will summon Denny to the Nascar hauler a.k. Principals Office?

WisWildManFan
11-03-2015, 11:02 PM
I'm curious as to what constitutes a "real man"?Someone that speaks there mind, isn't a cooperate puppet 24/7, has thrown a punch once in their life, not had everything handed to them on a silver platter, and it doesn't hurt to be either over 180lbs or taller than 5 foot 6. Just seems nascar is so worried about sponsorship dollars they have to have these rich kids that can bring a bag of $ with them... So basically u end up with a bunch of spoiled punks in the series. Just saw on race hub they asked Kyle Larson why he chose the ride with chip when all the teams must of wanted him and his response was chip was the only guy who didn't want a bunch of money from him. Larson has to be one of the most accomplished resumes to come around since Gordon or Stewart. If that kid can barely get a ride with a team without money we will continue to see rich spoiled kids that have never earned there way to nascar other than there checkbook. Guess I'm just sick of the rich geeks who have had their parents buy there way into nascar. If you look at DLM or sprint car drivers I guess I can just relate more to them. At least bloomer, JD, Oneal, schatz, lasoski, terry McCarl look like they could physically defend themselves if need be... Nascar stars not so much.

CIRF
11-03-2015, 11:38 PM
Someone that speaks there mind, isn't a cooperate puppet 24/7, has thrown a punch once in their life, not had everything handed to them on a silver platter, and it doesn't hurt to be either over 180lbs or taller than 5 foot 6. Just seems nascar is so worried about sponsorship dollars they have to have these rich kids that can bring a bag of $ with them... So basically u end up with a bunch of spoiled punks in the series. Just saw on race hub they asked Kyle Larson why he chose the ride with chip when all the teams must of wanted him and his response was chip was the only guy who didn't want a bunch of money from him. Larson has to be one of the most accomplished resumes to come around since Gordon or Stewart. If that kid can barely get a ride with a team without money we will continue to see rich spoiled kids that have never earned there way to nascar other than there checkbook. Guess I'm just sick of the rich geeks who have had their parents buy there way into nascar. If you look at DLM or sprint car drivers I guess I can just relate more to them. At least bloomer, JD, Oneal, schatz, lasoski, terry McCarl look like they could physically defend themselves if need be... Nascar stars not so much.

Okay, fair enough. Your definition is clear.

So, by definition Richard Petty, Terry & Bobby Labonte, Mark Martin (and there are many others) are examples of guys that were never over the top or prone to wanting to fight but yet universally respected.

Richard Petty always has been composed and was mindful of being disrespectful towards everyone, even Danica when he summed up his feelings on her driving talent. The King is reportedly never been in a physical altercation, same way with Terry and Bobby Labonte and Mark Martin, just to name a few. They were all respectful in what they said publicly and not inclined to brawling. Were they not "real men"?

WisWildManFan
11-04-2015, 12:06 AM
If anyone of the 4 guys u mentioned were wrecked by a guy 10 laps down while leading a race I have a hard time believing that all 4 of them wouldn't try to confront that driver. Even if they didn't want to fight they would have enough balls to try to go say something. Mark said this on twitter today "What's wrong with a good old fashioned ass whipping? I always felt like if I had one coming that was a better option than tearing up cars". The problem is how soft the new generation has become as a whole. Whether it's not keeping score of little leauge games, participation trophies, suiting your kid up like he's going off to war to ride his bike, or anti-bullying campaigns. Life can be tough and trying to bubble wrap kids physically and emotionally is crippling this country. Nascar is a glitch in the system where u can outspend other people and make ur bubble boy a superstar. You don't have that luxury in any other sport. At least drivers from the 80s probably had to work their way up way more than today so those guys would be more of men then what we have today. Harvicks punch to Jimmie Johnson's arm is another good example... Why would u even bother. Either push him, punch him, or yell at him but punching someone in the arm seems about pointless. Just used to really enjoy watching nascar growing up but the personalities, tracks, technology of cars has really turned me off.

bullring
11-04-2015, 06:52 AM
Okay, fair enough. Your definition is clear.

So, by definition Richard Petty, Terry & Bobby Labonte, Mark Martin (and there are many others) are examples of guys that were never over the top or prone to wanting to fight but yet universally respected.

Richard Petty always has been composed and was mindful of being disrespectful towards everyone, even Danica when he summed up his feelings on her driving talent. The King is reportedly never been in a physical altercation, same way with Terry and Bobby Labonte and Mark Martin, just to name a few. They were all respectful in what they said publicly and not inclined to brawling. Were they not "real men"?

You might want to check into the Labonte's short track racing history in Texas. Scuffles weren't uncommon at all.

Maybe the best way to resolve these issues would be rock, paper, scissors. First one to 21 wins. Of course, make sure they wear gloves so they don't hurt their hands.

dirtsforracin
11-04-2015, 07:28 AM
Yes, Denny Hamlin gave a great interview on the subject of "The Code". Wonder in Nascar will summon Denny to the Nascar hauler a.k. Principals Office?

Looks like I'm now a Ricky Craven fan...

CIRF
11-04-2015, 08:49 AM
If anyone of the 4 guys u mentioned were wrecked by a guy 10 laps down while leading a race I have a hard time believing that all 4 of them wouldn't try to confront that driver. Even if they didn't want to fight they would have enough balls to try to go say something. Mark said this on twitter today "What's wrong with a good old fashioned ass whipping? I always felt like if I had one coming that was a better option than tearing up cars". The problem is how soft the new generation has become as a whole. Whether it's not keeping score of little leauge games, participation trophies, suiting your kid up like he's going off to war to ride his bike, or anti-bullying campaigns. Life can be tough and trying to bubble wrap kids physically and emotionally is crippling this country. Nascar is a glitch in the system where u can outspend other people and make ur bubble boy a superstar. You don't have that luxury in any other sport. At least drivers from the 80s probably had to work their way up way more than today so those guys would be more of men then what we have today. Harvicks punch to Jimmie Johnson's arm is another good example... Why would u even bother. Either push him, punch him, or yell at him but punching someone in the arm seems about pointless. Just used to really enjoy watching nascar growing up but the personalities, tracks, technology of cars has really turned me off.Well, what you say about the aforementioned drivers is going to be real hard to prove. We can assume all we want to solidify whatever point we're trying to make.

Number 1, the aforementioned drivers probably wouldn't have done to Kenseth what Logano did at Kansas and Talladega. Those guys would probably found a way to pass Kenseth clean. I can't prove that statement anymore that you can prove what you say but their record over their whole career would clearly indicate I'm correct. The King, the Labonte's and Martin, et al, raced folks nearly exactly as they wanted to be raced and wouldn't have had someone head hunting them in the first place. That's where the class and dignity comes in, and it worked very well for all of them throughout their careers, especially The King.

Oh, and by the way, The King and Bobby Allison had some of the nastiest on track dust up's in the history of the sport.

Number 2, the respect those drivers commanded, almost from the very beginning of their career's, was such that it would severely damage the career of someone who would go all punk on them. Just for an example arnhead was once asked how it felt to be booed by 100,000 people after the cheap shot at Bristol.

You might want to check into the Labonte's short track racing history in Texas. Scuffles weren't uncommon at all.

Maybe the best way to resolve these issues would be rock, paper, scissors. First one to 21 wins. Of course, make sure they wear gloves so they don't hurt their hands.bullring, can you come up with any documentation of the brawling in Texas by the Labonte's? I'd be interested in seeing that. I was a fan of both Terry & Bobby and never heard a smidgen of fisticuffs being part of their repertoire. Those guys always seemed to remain above all that stuff both the way they drove against people and their overall demeanor. Not disputing what you're saying just interested to see some specifics.

jog49
11-04-2015, 09:03 AM
NASCAR's Golden Rule: Do unto Kenseth as you have never done to other drivers this year (or for several years now that I think about it)!

ride height
11-04-2015, 04:37 PM
If they would just let the "playground justice" take over like back in the day, youd pack the stands and have less whining. This is what happens when " corporate politically correct" people run the show. It would also make these spoiled brats think twice about pulling any $hit because they will know playground justice is probably going to mash the front end of car clean to the firewall in the near future if they do.

drano
11-04-2015, 04:46 PM
If they would just let the "playground justice" take over like back in the day, youd pack the stands and have less whining. This is what happens when " corporate politically correct" people run the show. It would also make these spoiled brats think twice about pulling any $hit because they will know playground justice is probably going to mash the front end of car clean to the firewall in the near future if they do.

They could do that if not for TV coverage you know how PC the liberal news is they would have a field day with the old school justice.

tsand
11-04-2015, 04:53 PM
Worked for several Busch teams in the late 80s ,early 90s while Bobby labonte might not have done any fighting the old man Bob sure warmed up a few heads. Back then there were at least 1 or 2 fights every night back then everybody didn't have a way to record everything and no social media to spread everything.

ride height
11-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Nascar is past the point of no return. Its too " sterile" and run by corporations including TV. the stands are empty. Its not fun to watch. It just isnt. It used to be, but you couldnt pay me to attend a race now much less pay to do it. I dont think im in the minority here am I? I dont want to see ANYBODY get hurt, but for petes sake...its RACING, not a card game. At least for now DLM is still pretty "down home" where playground justice still exists and they dont change rules by the hour to make parity. Enjoy it while you can. I tell ya this if you have a local track and you like to go, you better get your butt to the races and bring a buddy or a kid and introduce them to it or we arent going to have that long either. The whole thing is sad really. Nascar? Its in big trouble. They had the sports world by the nuts 10 15 yrs ago, but they managed to pi$$ it all away.

drano
11-04-2015, 06:24 PM
I used to go to a lot of races now I am offered free tickets to both Charlotte races every year and I turn them down I would much rather go to a local dirt race anytime.

Nasty55
11-04-2015, 07:18 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2saxhkw.jpg

I wonder If Penske is mad as well Lmao......

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-04-2015, 08:18 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2saxhkw.jpg

i wonder if penske is mad as well lmao......

lmao thats a good one nasty!!!

Nasty55
11-04-2015, 08:44 PM
lmao thats a good one nasty!!!

Lol I came across this and thought I'd post it lol

kidrock
11-04-2015, 08:54 PM
So much for the have at it boyz, NASCAR goes all pussified on suspending Matt!!!! at least it would have made it interesting. I wished he would have waited until homestead to do it. Like my brother used to say I won't do it in a heat race I will do it when it pays. Meaning feature time lol. Payback that is.

Raceready
11-05-2015, 12:38 AM
We have decided that we are going to ease off of our buying at Wally World and the other good bargain stores and try exclusively to do all of our purchases now at the pretty yellow D G stores in honor of the #FREEMATT movement !

TS FAN
11-05-2015, 07:58 AM
Coming from the likes of you I wear that statement like a badge of honor.

Power ol' buddy, here's a fact for ya', you got some real thin skin going on and it looks a whole lot like we're under it, if'n ya' know what I mean. Here's some advice back at ya', you probably need to concentrate more on being the best stewy nut hugger possible and less on your snappy comeback's! Literally LOL!

Been hangin' out with Chip much lately!

You didn't answer as to how your back door buddy HB is these days. Hehehehe!!

What part of grow up did you not understand? Stay out of my business. You cannot deal with my posts so you make silly little comments to insult me. You talk like a child. So take your last word, I am sure it will be more immature nonsense.http://www.4m.net/images/smilies/tongue.png

CIRF
11-06-2015, 08:07 AM
What part of grow up did you not understand? Stay out of my business. You cannot deal with my posts so you make silly little comments to insult me. You talk like a child. So take your last word, I am sure it will be more immature nonsense.http://www.4m.net/images/smilies/tongue.png

Please Mr. Power, your phony sanctimony is much more suited for your buddy HB and some of the rest of your like minded a$$hole buddies. That bull$hit means nothing to me.

Stay out of your business? Would that include your cozy relationship with Chip these days?

Power ol' buddy, your thin skin, which I believe I'm solidly under at this point, is only exceeded by your penchant for sanctimonious pontification. If taken at face value it is borderline's on sickening but really the bottom line is, the entertainment value is relatively high! Literally LOL!!

klemmabyna
11-06-2015, 06:47 PM
clayton: are you still here? wanna revisit the old nascar section? your boy got his ticket punched into the finale, thanks to madd matt. might get that final championship on his way out the door! still won't be the "best of all time", but I might even enjoy it if he earns a 5th title.

just remember, if he wins: 5/7 = he's still only 71.4% as good as the Intimidator! otherwise he's stuck at 57.1% as good for eternity!!!

bullring
11-06-2015, 07:56 PM
Well, what you say about the aforementioned drivers is going to be real hard to prove. We can assume all we want to solidify whatever point we're trying to make.

Number 1, the aforementioned drivers probably wouldn't have done to Kenseth what Logano did at Kansas and Talladega. Those guys would probably found a way to pass Kenseth clean. I can't prove that statement anymore that you can prove what you say but their record over their whole career would clearly indicate I'm correct. The King, the Labonte's and Martin, et al, raced folks nearly exactly as they wanted to be raced and wouldn't have had someone head hunting them in the first place. That's where the class and dignity comes in, and it worked very well for all of them throughout their careers, especially The King.

Oh, and by the way, The King and Bobby Allison had some of the nastiest on track dust up's in the history of the sport.

Number 2, the respect those drivers commanded, almost from the very beginning of their career's, was such that it would severely damage the career of someone who would go all punk on them. Just for an example arnhead was once asked how it felt to be booed by 100,000 people after the cheap shot at Bristol.

bullring, can you come up with any documentation of the brawling in Texas by the Labonte's? I'd be interested in seeing that. I was a fan of both Terry & Bobby and never heard a smidgen of fisticuffs being part of their repertoire. Those guys always seemed to remain above all that stuff both the way they drove against people and their overall demeanor. Not disputing what you're saying just interested to see some specifics.

No documentation. Once it hits 30 years old, it goes through the shredder.

CIRF
11-07-2015, 08:31 AM
That's kinda' what I figured.

But, without documentation it's essentially hearsay.

Not sayin' it's true or not true but it's a whole lot less believable without documentation. Neither one of the Labonte's seem to have the demeanor to be punking it up so until proven otherwise they'll deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I always liked Terry the best but I have a huge soft spot for Bobby due to his 2000 Cup Championship. Billy France Jr. and NASCAR would have loved for that championship to have been won by the guy that finished in second place that year and they tried to make that happen but Bobby was just to strong and steady. For that we'll always be a Bobby fan, too!

bullring
11-07-2015, 11:17 AM
Everything on this board is hearsay. And I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Never said the Labonte's were punking it up. But if somebody took a swing at you, wouldn't you fight back? I'd call it defending yourself. The basis for what I said was from a story in a racing magazine that was interviewing Terry. (No I have no idea of the issue nor do I have it in front of me) Terry stated that when they were young and racing in Texas they won a lot. A real lot. And when you win that much you make enemies. He said they had scuffles after races, which kind of surprised me because they seem laid back. But when you think about it racing was different back then. Men settled differences like men. That's it. Not saying they were troublemakers, but I can believe they would defend themselves which any man should do. I can the easiest way to resolve this would be for you to ask Terry if he was ever in a scuffle.

lazyifoto
11-07-2015, 01:00 PM
IF Kenseth would have been faster at kansas none of this would have happened..... Blame Matts crew and blame Matt.....and pulling the stunt he pulled with 9 laps down he is lucky he only got set down for 2 race's...and by thy way I am a Kenseth fan over Logano.....

CIRF
11-07-2015, 02:52 PM
Everything on this board is hearsay. And I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Never said the Labonte's were punking it up. But if somebody took a swing at you, wouldn't you fight back? I'd call it defending yourself. The basis for what I said was from a story in a racing magazine that was interviewing Terry. (No I have no idea of the issue nor do I have it in front of me) Terry stated that when they were young and racing in Texas they won a lot. A real lot. And when you win that much you make enemies. He said they had scuffles after races, which kind of surprised me because they seem laid back. But when you think about it racing was different back then. Men settled differences like men. That's it. Not saying they were troublemakers, but I can believe they would defend themselves which any man should do. I can the easiest way to resolve this would be for you to ask Terry if he was ever in a scuffle.
I would be inclined to believe what you're saying. However, Kenny Schrader, who was Terry's teammate for several seasons and claims to be a close friend, said in his book "Gotta' Race", which I have in my hand at this moment, that Terry was not someone you really wanted to have to defend yourself against but it took a whole lot to get him in the mood for combat. Kenny says he had never seen him in a position that he needed to use his pugilistic prowess and he never had heard of him being taken to task in a physical manner. I'm sure Kenny wasn't hangin' around Texas back in the days when Terry was getting started so it's obvious he has no eye witness accounts of those days.

What we do know is that throughout his career, from start to finish Terry conducted himself with the utmost discretion, class & dignity regardless of the situation and that includes Bristol in August of 1999. And it wasn't because he was frightened of the guy that deliberately dumped him. And sir, that right there dam sure ain't hearsay.

Could you please send me a PM containing Terry's number? I don't have it and he's unlisted. Thanks.

I apologize for my part in the thread hijacking.