PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte weather

nesmithfan
11-02-2015, 07:57 AM
Whats the change they will reschedule the weather not looking good

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-02-2015, 08:02 AM
Thurs & fri are good. Sat 40% chance of showers. Dont know what they will do as woo banquet is sunday.

WRC11
11-02-2015, 08:11 AM
Just need to quit looking at the weather! It changes about every half hour. Weather will be good and we will get to see some awesome racing!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-02-2015, 08:40 AM
Yes. Temps going to be nice also. Low 70s daytime & low 50s night.
Getting some rain now should clear up by wends.

jog49
11-02-2015, 08:44 AM
I was at Charlotte one year in the Fleetwood RV center. It rained so hard the heavy, rubber door mat at the door of the RV floated off our site to a new site 25 yards away. They still raced that night and almost on schedule. The crew up there is top shelf!

zyoung25
11-02-2015, 09:07 AM
I was at Charlotte one year in the Fleetwood RV center. It rained so hard the heavy, rubber door mat at the door of the RV floated off our site to a new site 25 yards away. They still raced that night and almost on schedule. The crew up there is top shelf!

Was this the year they used the helicopter to dry out the track?

Barbecueboy
11-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Was this the year they used the helicopter to dry out the track?

Where there is a will there's a way........I watched em dry out east bay one year with an air boat.

Wells Racing Photos
11-02-2015, 02:57 PM
The weather has already changed 3 times that I know of, for this weekend. It will change 1000 more times before this weekend.

WRC11
11-02-2015, 03:27 PM
The Dirt Track just post on Twitter that everything is on as scheduled for the weekend. Lets hope the forecast changes another 1000 times for the better.

Pitboard
11-02-2015, 03:37 PM
What's the chance they will reschedule? As in, before the weekend? I would say zero. Thursday and Friday look beautiful. Sunday isn't bad either, but Saturday looks like rain. It's possible they try to start early on Sat if the rain is coming in the evening - otherwise they may run a daytime show Sunday before the WoO banquet. Either way they should get full programs in for everyone on Friday as scheduled.

drano
11-02-2015, 06:36 PM
Thurs and Fri looks good but Sat not so much.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-03-2015, 08:48 AM
Thurs and Fri looks good but Sat not so much.

Yea sat looks like a washout. DK if they will do a schedule change or run sats program sunday.

zach51
11-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Maybe if friday is going well they can try to to start on some of saturdays program after friday's program, get up to half of it complete as long as it is a decent hour, then only have a handful of events to worry about getting in on Saturday? I've never been, but unless they cancel before tomorrow night, I'm heading that way.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Maybe if friday is going well they can try to to start on some of saturdays program after friday's program, get up to half of it complete as long as it is a decent hour, then only have a handful of events to worry about getting in on Saturday? I've never been, but unless they cancel before tomorrow night, I'm heading that way.

I go every year. They wont cancel
You will have a blast. Go in turn one and stand close to track as you can and get a look at the cars coming down frt strech especially the sprints. Its awsome!

W2Racing09
11-03-2015, 10:09 AM
I don't think they will cancel, Friday does not look too bad and neither does Thursday. If any track has the capability to handle some showers with ease it would be the one next to the multi million dollar NASCAR facility in Charlotte. I'm not exceedingly worried -- I'm sure they will try a lot harder than most tracks ever do.

Thanks,
Jeff.

J. Steve Davis
11-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Looking forward to the weekend. We be a fun trip one way or the other. Can't change the weather but we can still enjoy what racing we will get to see and maybe it will be a complete show. Need the time off anyway!

zach51
11-03-2015, 10:29 AM
10-4 on that Steve Davis. My dad and I have had the time off scheduled for over 6 months now so we're gonna go and hope for the best. Worst case scenario, we might have to be sick on monday.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Everyone thats going to the show have a good time and enjoy!

Slideways
11-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Just checked the National Weather Service. 60% chance of rain before 8 o'clock. I can live with that.

seifertfan2
11-03-2015, 05:21 PM
Just checked the National Weather Service. 60% chance of rain before 8 o'clock. I can live with that.

Most of the local Charlotte stations are calling for 60% chance for Saturday and it does seem like its suppose to be early to about 6ish. So maybe theres a chance they can get all the shows in on time. They definitely have the equipment to get a track in shape after some rain. Saturday might just be a late night but I can live with that as well.

WRC11
11-03-2015, 05:44 PM
Lets hope for a late night Saturday, our flight leaves 830 Sunday morning!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Sunday is rain date for dtwf if needed

jlacey
11-04-2015, 05:49 AM
Leaving MD now heading to Charlotte, fingers crossed that the weather holds up since I had to do everything but beg my job for the time off. Have family in Concord saying the weathers been crap but its supposed to get better

WRC11
11-04-2015, 06:55 AM
The part that worries me a little is they have announced the rain date, I hope they don't pull the plug early Saturday if they have a chance to get the show in. Sitting on the runway in Minneapolis!

Barbecueboy
11-04-2015, 07:54 AM
The part that worries me a little is they have announced the rain date, I hope they don't pull the plug early Saturday if they have a chance to get the show in. Sitting on the runway in Minneapolis!

Good luck..........check on a later return flight maybe.......Saturday still looking kind bleak.

jog49
11-04-2015, 09:01 AM
You've got one of the best chances to see a dirt track race at Charlotte as anywhere in the country if rain is a possibility. I've been to these events ever since its inception and believe Sunday has always been a "first available good day" option. The forecast that I saw wasn't calling for continuous rain on Saturday so maybe "some" rain.
Just remember to bring some warm clothing. The track sits at a high elevation, you can see Concord some 10-11 miles away, and the hawk always seems to find us!

Mudweiser
11-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Got camp setup about an hour ago.. Overcast, 61°, and the rain had stopped... Forecast for Thur and Fri look great.. Sat, not so much... Been here 4 yrs in a row without mother nature being a problem... Hopefully she stays away this year...

bleedblue55
11-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Shorts n tees, jeans n sweat shirts, Carhartts, boots n gloves-Check. All packed, just like heading to Florida in Feb.

tsand
11-04-2015, 04:42 PM
Talked to someone who works at the track said they will look at the radar at noon Sat. And make a decision then on what to do either try to get it in or postpone to Sunday. If they go to Sunday then it will be Sunday night . so not to interfere with woo banquet.

WRC11
11-05-2015, 05:34 AM
Sunday calling for a chance of rain now too. Let's all cross our fingers we get a window on Saturday to get the show in.

Seck
11-05-2015, 08:29 AM
You can check WSOC, WBTV and WCCB for local weather

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-05-2015, 10:14 AM
Talked to someone who works at the track said they will look at the radar at noon Sat. And make a decision then on what to do either try to get it in or postpone to Sunday. If they go to Sunday then it will be Sunday night . so not to interfere with woo banquet.

How will this work when guys are racing for points and they have already had there banquet?

tsand
11-05-2015, 10:33 AM
Guess they could do a tentative order and hold checks and trophys until final finishing order.

Barbecueboy
11-05-2015, 01:42 PM
How will this work when guys are racing for points and they have already had there banquet?

They should just give it all to Davenport.......

huskerdirt
11-05-2015, 01:51 PM
They only points positions up for grabs are 5th/6th and 7th/8th. 7th may have a shot at 5th, but needs a lot of luck.

After Friday night these positions could be settled.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-05-2015, 01:55 PM
They should just give it all to Davenport.......

Davenport will earn his win's at chrlt!
SUNDAYS RAIN DATE IF NEEDED PER LIVE DIRT RACING IS GATES OPEN AT NOON RACING SHORTLY AFTER.

BBQ are you selln bbq(sandwich/plate) at chrlt?

drano
11-06-2015, 05:50 AM
Forecast looking better looks like rain around noon then clearing.

WRC11
11-06-2015, 06:57 AM
Saturdays forecast is looking better and better! Clearing by afternoon, do some track prep and lets go racing!

Barbecueboy
11-06-2015, 08:07 AM
Saturdays forecast is looking better and better! Clearing by afternoon, do some track prep and lets go racing!

Great news .......if it clears out around noon then there is 100% chance they will get the show in.

The don't screw around ......

Barbecueboy
11-06-2015, 08:10 AM
Davenport will earn his win's at chrlt!
SUNDAYS RAIN DATE IF NEEDED PER LIVE DIRT RACING IS GATES OPEN AT NOON RACING SHORTLY AFTER.

BBQ are you selln bbq(sandwich/plate) at chrlt?

Nope , hotlappin the western flyer full of grandkids around the yard this weekend, y'all have fun.......going to be a good weekend for everybody.