PDA

View Full Version : PRI show info

WisWildManFan
11-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Making 1st trip there on Saturday the 12th. Will be there around 11am and then off to midgets down the road whenever they start. Anywhere good to eat nearby? Any info about must see things at the show would be appreciated, thanks.

ChrisNunn
11-03-2015, 10:53 AM
You are literally RIGHT smack in the middle of downtown. Dozens upon dozens of restaurants nearby

http://www.downtownindy.org/explore-downtown/eat-drink/

CIRF
11-03-2015, 11:21 AM
WildMan, we're going to do the same deal as you and really looking forward to it, especially the Bad Boy Invitational midget race.

There is a place just 1 block from Bankers Life Fieldhouse, which is where the midget racing is taking place. Scotty's Brewhouse is the name of the place. We go to the Indy 500 every year and this is one place we make sure we spend some time in. It's got a sports bar feel to it but they have a huge menu and the food has always been very, very good. They brew their own beer and we really like some of it. If regular domestic beers is more to your liking they have a large selection of those along with many imports, too.

It's not the cheapest joint to eat but it's not exhorbitantly expensive, either. We've always felt we've gotten our money's worth. There are 11 other locations in the state of Indiana so they must be doing something right.

I'd recommend giving Scotty's Brewhouse a try, I don't think you'll leave disappointed. It's on our list of things to do while were in Indy for the PRI and midget race.

Regardless of where you decide to eat, have a great time!!

Tireguy17
11-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Side question.....Do you have your credentials? You can't just show up and get into the show.

Just walk the aisles and take it all in. Getting there when you are, you most likely won't get thru it all since it's your 1st time. Its a bit overwhelming the 1st time you go.

flagone
11-03-2015, 12:05 PM
If I chose only one place to eat in Indy it would undoubtedly be Harry and Izzy's. Same kitchen as St. Elmo's Steak House and much of the same menu.

WisWildManFan
11-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the info.... Credentials are in the mail.

bullring
11-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Making 1st trip there on Saturday the 12th. Will be there around 11am and then off to midgets down the road whenever they start. Anywhere good to eat nearby? Any info about must see things at the show would be appreciated, thanks.

Lots of bars between the show and the race including Hooters and Tilted Kilt. You'll be lucky to make it to the race

RRRKKK
11-04-2015, 09:42 AM
So how do you plan to see over 2000 exhibits in 1/2 day?

WisWildManFan
11-04-2015, 11:06 AM
So how do you plan to see over 2000 exhibits in 1/2 day? Taking the Delorean

Tireguy17
11-04-2015, 02:49 PM
I would definitely make a list of vendors you absolutely want to see since your time is limited, and then go from there.

riddle28
11-04-2015, 03:18 PM
for sure make a list of the ones you wanna say or itll be closed before you know it and barely have seen anything. one of my fav weekends of the year