PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Sheppard

Highside Hustler25
11-07-2015, 04:15 AM
tops them all at the World Finals in a Rocket Chassis??? I thought them Longhorns were invincible:confused:

grt74
11-07-2015, 06:54 AM
brandon is in my opinion the best up on the wheel driver(better than davenport in my opinion)but he does suffer or needs to work on his slick driving,his aggressive style hurts him sometimes in the long races

golddirt
11-07-2015, 07:56 AM
Can't say I would call Brandon's driving style aggressive always see him to be a very clean driver. Now his dad!

Cardirt0
11-07-2015, 09:11 AM
Can't say I would call Brandon's driving style aggressive always see him to be a very clean driver. Now his dad!

Night and Day between him and his dad.. Brandon's I can get by you and his Dad Is I can run over you...

Barbecueboy
11-07-2015, 10:12 AM
tops them all at the World Finals in a Rocket Chassis??? I thought them Longhorns were invincible:confused:

I don't recall ever seeing that said or written anywhere?????? Except by the people that are making excuses for everybody else when the longhorn drivers win?

Maybe I missed it though.

Barbecueboy
11-07-2015, 10:15 AM
B shep looking good...........

Nasty55
11-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Brandon is always up on the wheel and drives pretty clean and takes care of his equipment.....

Bubstr
11-07-2015, 11:56 AM
LOL at dads. Brandon has really grown in this last year on tour. There may be one or two, Longhorns are it and the rest are $hitt fans here.

Barbecueboy
11-07-2015, 12:35 PM
There are also a few that are just plain knowledgable and aren't blinded by driver or chassis patriotism.

edavis71
11-08-2015, 04:39 AM
Very good wheelman Brandon is!!!

jlacey
11-08-2015, 07:52 AM
There are also a few that are just plain knowledgable and aren't blinded by driver or chassis patriotism.

Good post! I categorize drivers just as i do everyone else. D!ck and not a d!ck. Who cares what chassis they run

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-08-2015, 07:59 AM
You can't put much stock into what happened so far this weekend. These cars are not designed for that type of Baja.

hucktyson
11-08-2015, 08:03 AM
People always have to go full retard on this board.... Now after this race on motocross conditions he's more on the wheel than davensnort.... Davensnorts wins this year vs sheppards wins would indicate otherwise ... Yes sheppard is good but you put him above davensnort ??? After what happened all year ???? Must be really good drugs in here

tiverson5605
11-08-2015, 09:11 AM
in my opinion, Brandon Sheppard is a very good, quality driver. he displays a lot of knowledge and consistency on and off the the track. it seems to me that he makes his own decisions, and as a young driver and looks out for the best interests of himself and for his team. im glad that he has jumped on the Lucas tour this year, and, in my mind, has grown and is developing himself to be pretty darn tough in the future. i think that after this rookie season on the tour, hes going to work out the growing pains this offseason and be a top contender next year.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-08-2015, 05:43 PM
I don't recall ever seeing that said or written anywhere?????? Except by the people that are making excuses for everybody else when the longhorn drivers win?

Maybe I missed it though.Not in them exact words, but pretty freakin close to them words BBQ.

Highside Hustler25
11-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Update...Davenport wins. Now Longhorns are the best:)

t3r3e3
11-08-2015, 08:05 PM
Update...Davenport wins. Now Longhorns are the best:)

And the Lucas guys dominate a WoO show again. There might be two national tours, but it's obvious that one is far better than the other. An enterprising Lucas driver might look at the financials and decide to switch series. Basically, there's Clanton, Richards, Eckert, and a bunch of hot or miss guys running WoO. The WoO lacks the driving talent pool of Lucas, but the payout is mighty nice.

Josh Bayko
11-08-2015, 08:38 PM
And the Lucas guys dominate a WoO show again. There might be two national tours, but it's obvious that one is far better than the other. An enterprising Lucas driver might look at the financials and decide to switch series. Basically, there's Clanton, Richards, Eckert, and a bunch of hot or miss guys running WoO. The WoO lacks the driving talent pool of Lucas, but the payout is mighty nice.

I have a feeling with Lanigan and McCreadie switching tours, you might see a couple Lucas drivers switch to the WoO too. Steve Francis sure seems to be leaning that way, and I could see a guy like Chris Brown or Dennis Erb switching.

Kwd1253
11-08-2015, 09:13 PM
I have a feeling with Lanigan and McCreadie switching tours, you might see a couple Lucas drivers switch to the WoO too. Steve Francis sure seems to be leaning that way, and I could see a guy like Chris Brown or Dennis Erb switching.I could see Chris and erb doing that. Its going be very interesting next year after race wk, what drivers follow what tour.

mud duck
11-08-2015, 09:57 PM
Thing I notice about B Shepp, he really does great when he starts up front. But, put him back a few rows he seems to stall out our go back and I'm not just talking about the World 100. Friday night wasn't a good basis to judge him as a great driver. You could have put anyone up front and it was over. Like Huck said, anyone thinking he's better than JD is a lot overboard!!

golddirt
11-08-2015, 10:47 PM
See Brandon a lot and he is one of those sleepers that kinda sneek up front

kidrock
11-08-2015, 10:53 PM
B-Shepp can wheel a race car with the best of them that's for sure and he is really good on rough tracks if no one has noticed.

Kwd1253
11-08-2015, 11:21 PM
B.shep is a really good young wheel man. He only going get better over time. One of the few drivers in rocket "National tour" that pulls off wins. @ mud duck I have seen come from the back make really good charge to the front. But I have seen what your talking about. Do think it has do with wrong set up and true choice and gets worst as race goes and not having clean air or is it confidants level goes down when he not starting up front? Or all above when he starts falling back?

grt74
11-08-2015, 11:52 PM
B.shep is a really good young wheel man. He only going get better over time. One of the few drivers in rocket "National tour" that pulls off wins. @ mud duck I have seen come from the back make really good charge to the front. But I have seen what your talking about. Do think it has do with wrong set up and true choice and gets worst as race goes and not having clean air or is it confidants level goes down when he not starting up front? Or all above when he starts falling back?

tire management(kills them early),like I've said an up on the wheel driver(and fun to watch)but suffers in the slick,but if he stays with the lucas boys he will get better

SnakeX3
11-09-2015, 12:47 AM
And the Lucas guys dominate a WoO show again. There might be two national tours, but it's obvious that one is far better than the other.

I have to agree. As a relatively new fan of DLM my opinion is only based on the 2-3 years of watching a lot of races and following the sport closely, so I'm looking at it through a very narrow prism. With that said, I think it also makes me pretty objective since I'm starting with a clean slate. From what I've seen in that short window of time it seems pretty obvious Lucas is the tougher series.

Whether it is head to head at crown jewel races or when one of the series has an off-week and drivers from both series run together, the Lucas guys generally run better. Not only do they win most of the races, but the Lucas guys usually dominate the top 10. Even when they aren't running head to head, if you compare how regional and local guys do when the touring series come to town, they generally do better and even win races vs WoO. Against the Lucas boys, not so much.

And no one could really dispute that the series is deeper. B-Shep was 6th in Lucas points and he can win big races. Same goes for Landers who finished 7th. I'm don't mean to trash talk any of the WoO guys, but by comparison Chase Junghans was 7th in WoO points. Chub Frank finished 3rd. The disparity is obvious. I think if Francis, Erb, Carrier or Brown (8th thru 11th in Lucas pts) moved over to WoO next season maybe they don't beat Clanton or Richards for the title, but I'd be surprised if they don't win quite a few races and do much better in than they have been doing on the Lucas series.

We're all race fans, so we'd all like to see good competition in both series. I'm hoping some of the guys that are less competitive over in the Lucas series make the jump to WoO or there won't be a whole lot of reason to watch WoO next year unless you just want to watch Richards and Clanton pile up wins.

Thing I notice about B Shepp, he really does great when he starts up front. But, put him back a few rows he seems to stall out our go back and I'm not just talking about the World 100.

Again, I agree. Not knocking B-Shep. I think he's a great young talent and even though it seems like he doesn't run as well when he's not starting up front, he did finish 2nd in the Lucas Hard Charger Award for the season, which contradicts my opinion...thus maybe that shows I don't know what the F I'm talking about. LOL! Either way, as he gets more experience I'm sure he'll continue to improve. You see the same thing with Chris Ferguson having trouble when he's not starting up front when he's running against the touring guys. Another guy I notice that fits that category is Randy Weaver. He's not a young guy, but he is another one that had a lot of trouble if he doesn't start up front and has some clean air.

It will be interesting to watch Shep continue to grow as a driver. No matter what chassis he is in, he's gonna be one to keep an eye on and hopefully continues to develop into a championship caliber driver.