PDA

View Full Version : What Track Would You Move The World Finals To?

Phillip Michael Knight
11-07-2015, 09:18 PM
I know this will not happen but if the WoO was to move the World Finals to a different track. What track would you think would be best for the World Finals?

Charlotte is just to unsafe for the drivers here lately, I know they had a decent racing surface there last year but other than that the racing surface has been horrible and way to dangerous for all the drivers that raced at Charlotte.

drano
11-07-2015, 09:27 PM
What makes the surface so unsafe just wondering.

WisWildManFan
11-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Rt 66 would be, 1.5 hours for me so that would be awesome. If I was to travel tho, why not vegas baby

dirt33
11-07-2015, 11:30 PM
The racing surface at Las Vegas is (at least) as bad as Charlotte. I am continually amazed how many IMCA mods and sport mods tow out there each year for the Duel to put their cars through the beating that LVMS dirt track dishes out.

I love the actual dirt track facilities that are present at LVMS, Charlotte, and Fort Worth NASCAR tracks. The actual race surfaces, unfortunately, don't get enough use to be kept in any kind of decent shape.

bullring
11-08-2015, 06:47 AM
We were discussing Friday why not have a World Finals type event in the spring? Maybe at Texas. First race of the season everybody has cabin fever. By the end of the season I'm not as interested in traveling to a race as I would be if it was the season opener.

COKEandaSMILE
11-08-2015, 08:43 AM
You know how to tell when a track is "too unsafe for the drivers" ?

When the drivers stop showing up, because of the conditions!

Josh Bayko
11-08-2015, 11:25 AM
VMS. Beautiful facility with a ton of seating. Problem is, racers don't seem to like that place much.

ShawnStreet
11-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Wythe! But I doubt we'll ever see a big show there.

BTExpress
11-08-2015, 04:23 PM
I have never been to VMS, but I understand it is a beautiful first class facility. Why don't the drivers like it?

Josh Bayko
11-08-2015, 05:09 PM
I have never been to VMS, but I understand it is a beautiful first class facility. Why don't the drivers like it?

Beats me. It's just they never seem to get very many cars for their bigger shows.

t3r3e3
11-08-2015, 05:24 PM
Beats me. It's just they never seem to get very many cars for their bigger shows.

Location, location, location, or lack thereof. No one wants to tow all the way the coast. As for my Finals choice, I'd run them at Lernerville. The track prep there could probably overcome the winged dune buggies, and the fences aren't as likely to be knocked down by them either.

Mudweiser
11-08-2015, 05:41 PM
The crew that is prepping the track for World Finals, are from Lernerville... And I agree that VMS would be a great place for the Finals, the Sawyers are 1st class...

chupp n bloomer fan
11-08-2015, 05:46 PM
The crew that is prepping the track for World Finals, are from Lernerville... And I agree that VMS would be a great place for the Finals, the Sawyers are 1st class...Yes they are, but prepping Lernerville and prepping Charlotte is two different animals. One runs weekly, one doesn't, and I'm sure the dirt is different wether it looks the same or not.

153J
11-08-2015, 05:52 PM
volusia
start the season end the season

Pennsboro23
11-08-2015, 06:35 PM
volusia

I agree with that.

Barbecueboy
11-08-2015, 06:47 PM
volusia

Was thinking the same thing, but at east bay............maybe tie the two together somehow for a Florida shootout.

Bigracer93
11-08-2015, 07:37 PM
TMS would be awesome! They have races there twice a year and get 30-40 late models at the March race every year! Gustin won it in March and year before Mo Bags won it

fenders27
11-08-2015, 08:04 PM
VMS would be a great place for the finals. Great track with fan freindly people!

Mudweiser
11-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Yes they are, but prepping Lernerville and prepping Charlotte is two different animals. One runs weekly, one doesn't, and I'm sure the dirt is different wether it looks the same or not.

I'm sure they're quite different, just pointing out that they had some of the best in the business handling track prep...

HoosierDirtFan
11-08-2015, 08:20 PM
I think some of you are forgetting one thing. What track has a BIG enough pit area to accommodate all those cars at one time and has decent track prep & a good amount of seating?

Josh Bayko
11-08-2015, 08:31 PM
I think some of you are forgetting one thing. What track has a BIG enough pit area to accommodate all those cars at one time and has decent track prep & a good amount of seating?

Lernerville and VMS could both pull it off.

drano
11-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Charlotte is a nice facility if they brought track workers from Lernerville and for some reason they didn't get the track right then that dosen't mean it needs moving.

TUTY
11-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Wheatland MO. Location is great, facilities are great, weather is great. One problem it's Lucas Oil territory.

poolcuemaster
11-08-2015, 10:21 PM
is Eldora and I'm 15 minutes from the dirttrack at charlotte was home at 7 40

SnakeX3
11-09-2015, 12:56 AM
VMS. Beautiful facility with a ton of seating. Problem is, racers don't seem to like that place much.

Do you think it is that they don't like the track or is it because it is so far out in the middle of nowhere?

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with the track at Charlotte, but it seems to me that they are just cramming too much racing into the weekend. With three big divisions with high car counts trying to run full programs everything has to go right to keep the track in good shape. Any sort of extended red flags for any reason and that becomes virtually impossible...as we saw this weekend.

I love the idea of having an event like the World Finals, but if that is the WRG marque event, they need to work on organizing things better. JMO

WRC11
11-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Its too bad they cant run more shows at Charlotte during the summer. Im from an area where the "nice" facilities are harder to find so the venue at Charlotte is awesome, but I think the lack of racing on the surface really hurts them. Why dont they race more their during the season? I'm guessing it has to do with the cost? It would be cool to see the 3 series come together during the middle of the summer maybe at Eldora or somewhere and run for a weekend.

It would also be fun to see the UMP mods run at the World Finals.....

MRM
11-09-2015, 09:02 AM
Its too bad they cant run more shows at Charlotte during the summer. Im from an area where the "nice" facilities are harder to find so the venue at Charlotte is awesome, but I think the lack of racing on the surface really hurts them. Why dont they race more their during the season? I'm guessing it has to do with the cost? It would be cool to see the 3 series come together during the middle of the summer maybe at Eldora or somewhere and run for a weekend.

It would also be fun to see the UMP mods run at the World Finals.....

They need to bring back the Colossal.

Instead of moving the World Finals, maybe a better thread would be where to move the DTWC.

Josh Bayko
11-09-2015, 09:07 AM
Do you think it is that they don't like the track or is it because it is so far out in the middle of nowhere?

I think it probably has to do mostly with how remote the track is. I've never heard anybody complain about the track itself, just how far away from everything it is.

dirtisforracin
11-09-2015, 02:13 PM
My suggestion is why not do something else like World finals, at Lernerville? Say Big blocks and Late models. I like it at The Dirt Track. Beside where else are you going to get 86 lates and 52 sprint cars together. Both were some of the largest car counts of the year. Everyone must remember The Dirt Track at Charlotte has had rough track history really since the track opened. I remember a few Colossal races that were quite rough.

Josh Bayko
11-09-2015, 02:49 PM
My suggestion is why not do something else like World finals, at Lernerville? Say Big blocks and Late models. I like it at The Dirt Track. Beside where else are you going to get 86 lates and 52 sprint cars together. Both were some of the largest car counts of the year. Everyone must remember The Dirt Track at Charlotte has had rough track history really since the track opened. I remember a few Colossal races that were quite rough.

I don't think it'll actually ever be moved, nor should it really. Unless Charlotte gets rid of the dirt track. Then other tracks would have to be discussed.

And you're right, it is usually rough at Charlotte. It wasn't but a few years ago that a pile of drivers went to the hospital because the track was coming apart and giant chunks of clay were making their way into (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pits.

They don't want any dust at all from the dirt track. Even when the track hasn't had several inches of rain dumped on it like it did this past week and weekend, they water the living crap out of it to try to keep the dust down.

Racer63
11-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Last year there was plenty of dust. I was also back to my room to clean up and go back out by 11 each night. I remember dust the 2 years prior to that as well. The shows were not over as early though. I was only there Friday this year and that's because I drove down to drop off my motor to be freshened. I was done with it by 11 and left but I had also been on the road for hrs before the sun came up.... The track does have a history of being rough but the previous three yrs I attended it was not bad.

25drtrkr
11-09-2015, 05:03 PM
Was thinking the same thing, but at east bay............maybe tie the two together somehow for a Florida shootout.

How bout east bay and brp? Two small tracks and only 1.5 hrs apart!

jog49
11-09-2015, 05:27 PM
Heaven forbid......a rough track? It's dirt, you dimwits! Who's even ridden down a dirt road among all you candy asses? The big track across the road is said to be smooth. Add in flood conditions in the Carolinas over the past few weeks and the track held together amazingly well from all that pounding it got this weekend.