PDA

View Full Version : how do you get the pinion out of the center housing on quick change

andy16
11-14-2015, 06:46 PM
trying to get the pinion out of winters rear end, it appears that there is no snap ring or retaing ring of any kind? after you take the bolted on plate off then heat it to 250 degrees I tap on it and nothing happens? am I missing something? I want to take the whole pinion out bearings n all. can anyone elaborate on how to do it? thanks

RacerX10
11-15-2015, 08:18 AM
http://www.wintersperformance.com/catalogs.htm

Get the closed tube components pdf, and scroll down to about page 113. There's some tech info there that might be helpful.

TLCT1
11-15-2015, 08:22 AM
If I remember correctly you will have to be hotter than 250 degrees, as stated check on the Winter's website.

andy16
11-15-2015, 05:19 PM
got it out finally, read the pdf that's why I was only heating to 250 degrees, they say in there a few times do not go over 300 degrees? but at 250 degrees I was hitting it hard with sledge and would not move. next day heated to 300 degrees not more but can def notice a difference when the oil residue starts smoking your at 300... still had to hit it hard with a 3lb sledge and big a$$ punch, cant put it in a press because the case is in the way only way is knock it out. after hitting very hard it came out out. now for the rebuilding process... more questions to come most likely. THANKS for help