PDA

View Full Version : Full containment Seat

race4dad 31
11-16-2015, 10:06 PM
Looking at getting a new seat. Looking at opinions pros/cons of the different manufacturers.

CHIP DAWH
11-16-2015, 10:12 PM
I bought Kirkey. left side head support a little shorter. easier to get in and out. I'm 5.9 240 and dont have any trouble.

AmickRacing
11-17-2015, 12:21 AM
I've got an Ultra Shield VS Halo and I like it a lot. Very comfy and doesn't make getting in and out of the car any harder.

talclipse
11-17-2015, 04:50 AM
For the money the ultra shield seat is hard to beat. But if you're a guy with a longer torso it may not be your best option. We have one of the ultra shield seats in a car and to me the belts come through the seat too low. I haven't used one but the new Butlerbuilt EZ seat looks like a really good piece as well but I'm not sure on pricing/ your budget.

grt74
11-17-2015, 05:35 AM
the kirkey is adjustable(you can move the back up and down),ive had kirkey,butler,and ultrashied,but kirkey is the one i always go back to,

race4dad 31
11-17-2015, 08:54 AM
I was considering the Kirky but am not sure what series seat everyone is running they have several to choose from. I really like the price tag on the ultra shield, although i am trying not to let price pay as big a role in this choice since it is a safety thing.

AmickRacing
11-17-2015, 10:35 PM
FWIW, I'm 6' tall, but have the torso of a giant and the legs of a midget, I ended up with the 1" taller version of the Halo and it fits very nice. I sat in a standard height seat and sure didn't think 1" was going to be enough but after I talked with their support folks I gave it a shot.

The only down side I can come up with the Halo (for me anyway) is where the sub belt comes through the seat is a bit too far back for anything that resembles comfort. So I just run it around the front of the seat, works great, comfortable and not too far forward (lap belts don't move).

Once I got this seat though I did notice when I thought my belts were tight before, they weren't. I changed out my left lap belt for the hooker ratchet belt and would never run with out a ratchet belt system.

ledfootproducts
11-18-2015, 08:09 AM
We use the Ultrashield and notice that the ribs are a little tighter than some other seats we've sat in but they "loosen" up after you sit there for a minute. I'm 5-9 and 240 and don't have any issues getting in and out. I also agree that the submarine belt it is a little far back.

billetbirdcage
11-18-2015, 02:51 PM
If you are close to Indy and have a chance to go to the PRI show try to go and you can have your driver sit in most of the major companies seat there as most will have booths. This way he can find the best fitting seat for him and go from there. Companies like LaJoie Seats are usually there also and can measure for custom seats so you don't have to go to Charlotte to get fitted if you decide to go that route.

Beside the safety aspect of a seat, you will be amazed how much a good fitting one will reduce the fatigue of the driver as it's more then most people think.

swartzman
11-19-2015, 01:00 AM
Billitbirdcage is right on target with those suggestions, at some of the other trade shows besides P.R.I I have seen seats offered. Another thought is check with the chassis builder chances are he can tell you which seats work better in the cars they built. Just be sure to get it monted properly.

HEAVY DUTY
11-19-2015, 08:46 AM
The La Joie seat is by far the best of the seats mentioned above. More expensive, but better to put your money there than custom painted helmets, and frills that don't make you faster or safer.

taylor2727
11-21-2015, 07:18 AM
I have a richardson seat most comfortable one ive had and a lot of lm. Guys are running them too

riddle28
11-25-2015, 03:03 PM
ive had kirkey and got a butler ez now and love it. you can tell theres no flex at all and feel everything alot better. the only thing i dont like is it doesnt have a full cover

race4dad 31
11-26-2015, 02:55 PM
Thanks everyone