PDA

View Full Version : Falcon trans with Brinn Housing

FlatTire
11-18-2015, 02:20 PM
Will a brinn bellhousing work with a Falcon? Can i still use my same couplers?

LateModel B23
11-18-2015, 02:25 PM
Never tried so I cannot really answer.

What are the plans for 2016?

billetbirdcage
11-18-2015, 02:43 PM
Will a brinn bellhousing work with a Falcon? Can i still use my same couplers?

Brinn and Bert are usable with the opposite trans but you need to use the correct or same brand flywheel/coupler as bell-housing. Not sure on a falcon but I'd think so as long as you use a falcon coupler/flywheel.

JustAddDirt
11-18-2015, 03:06 PM
Don't think they would be compatible.
Brinn's flywheel has the teeth made on to the coupler. (unless they have recently made the ring gear and coupler separate)

I believe the falcon has to have that intermediate input shaft to make it work.

Bert Bell housing and starter ring gear should work. the coupler and gear are separate.

Bert and Brinn flywheels have like 1-2 teeth difference, making them incompatible with each other.

Lizardracing
11-21-2015, 10:34 PM
I thought the bell all had the same bolt patterns you just had to stick to the same manufactures for flywheel, crank hub, etc...

I use a Bert bell with Falcon transmission using the Falcon Crank hub, input shaft/ sleeve, and flywheel.

collateralDamage
11-22-2015, 09:41 AM
Falcon (Winters) and Bert are 100% compatible. If you have a brinn bellhousing, you need only a brinn ring gear for the starter - vice-versa. The transmission input shaft spline is the same between all 3.

Lizardracing
11-22-2015, 12:40 PM
The Falcon has the propriatory "floating input shaft" so it is not the 1 1/8x10spline like the others/same as Saginaw

hammond motorsports
11-22-2015, 03:13 PM
If you have the floating input shaft on your Falcon they make a floating shaft to use the Brinn drive and the Falcon transmission you will need to do a little machine work tho .

Mad Jack
11-23-2015, 10:25 AM
As stated above here as long as you are using the Brinn Flywheel with the Brinn Bell Housing you should be all set. Just do not use a Bert Flywheel with a Brinn Bell Housing. The Transmissions should hook right up.

lazermod3
11-23-2015, 09:32 PM
On the transmission side of the story,the input shaft's are all the same,as they are all Bert copy's