PDA

View Full Version : Shocks for crate car

leonard85
11-18-2015, 03:47 PM
What is everyone's opinion on the best shock package out there for a crate late model? We are on a untouched d-55 hoosier so its a hard tire. We cant run canister or gas shocks other than the left rear front can be gas.

zeroracing
11-18-2015, 03:58 PM
Best in my opinion is JRI but they are not cheap.

Kwoods25
11-18-2015, 04:02 PM
we used to have a 602 class at our track that was like that($600 buyout rule no canisters) everybody was running just some cheap afco alum. body shocks.

DEKconsulting
11-19-2015, 09:50 AM
They say these bilstens crate pkge is a real good package and people r winning with them in the Rush crate series. 135 a shock a they have different packages for rough, average, an slick track.

Matt49
11-19-2015, 12:03 PM
Afco sells a similar package that would fit your rules.

It's a shame that so many places are trying to turn crate late models into street stocks. These tire and shock rules aren't saving anybody money in the long run.

hucktyson
11-19-2015, 12:42 PM
Matt do you know races are being won on those shocks ??? I think they should let crates run interters, unlimited data acquisition and FRIC during races as well as allow titanium bottom ends in the crate engines ... You know to toque spending up a little bit for the guys racing for 700 to win ...... 50k for a best of the best crate isn't nearly enough we need to bump it up another 50k especially since those touring races pay 200 to start and charge a 125 entry fee ....

3wheelinphotos
11-19-2015, 01:40 PM
Give me a call I can hook you up with a inexpense afco package that will get the job done! We have a class in east TN same rules and our guys are wining every week.

Mike @ Warrior Race Cars 1G shocks service

A ron
11-19-2015, 01:41 PM
Anyone know where you can buy that bilstein crate package? The only ones I have found are for modifieds.

Matt49
11-19-2015, 02:49 PM
Matt do you know races are being won on those shocks ??? I think they should let crates run interters, unlimited data acquisition and FRIC during races as well as allow titanium bottom ends in the crate engines ... You know to toque spending up a little bit for the guys racing for 700 to win ...... 50k for a best of the best crate isn't nearly enough we need to bump it up another 50k especially since those touring races pay 200 to start and charge a 125 entry fee ....

Did I say anywhere that races could not be won or aren't being won with non-gas, non-adjustable shocks? Nope, don't think I did.

The point I'm making is that places that make rules to limit the cost of crate late model racing aren't doing ANYTHING to save the racers money.

In almost all forms of racing, you'll find a direct relationship between the size of the rule book and the mount of money it takes to be competitive in that class.

Once again, the 4m community thanks you for yet another informative post in the tech section. I'm sure that the original poster got valuable information from you that will lead to their immediate success.
Wait a minute...you don't even race a crate late model...so based on your own logic as you apply it to me with supers, your opinion on this topic is completely discredited even if you did know what you were talking about (which you don't).
See what I did there?
Try and keep up, huck.

Matt49
11-19-2015, 02:59 PM
A Ron, you might try getting in touch with someone at RUSH. I think they have an authorized distributor list but I can't seem to find it on their website right now.

A ron
11-19-2015, 04:21 PM
thanks Matt. Gonna send you a PM 3wheelin

Racer63
11-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Anyone know where you can buy that bilstein crate package? The only ones I have found are for modifieds.

Precise Racing Products out of Pittsburgh. That who RUSH will tell you to call. Some of the stuff you can get a little cheaper from Behrents like the coil over kits, take up springs, and sliders but not much. ( It's Bicknell stuff ) Shocks get at Precise. Here is a link to the RUSH site and the Bilstein stuff

http://rushlatemodels.com/bilsteinbandits.html

racer2e
11-19-2015, 07:52 PM
Am I missing something? The original poster said he can't run gas shocks. Why are so many people saying bilstein? Are bilstein and JRI making "oil" shocks? I know penske makes an emulsion shock, is it any better than a twin tube?

grt74
11-19-2015, 07:58 PM
its going to be hard to beat afco t2 shocks for this application(for the cost),you can build a ton of different curves with them but if you want to stay super cheap because of the fear of someone buying your shocks,test with some double adjustables,get them where you want them,then have some bilstiens built to those specs or close to that,i always get a kick out of rules that have a CLAIM RULE ON SHOCKS because then you'll keep alot of different valved shocks in the trailer,just ask some of the top mod guys

racer2e
11-19-2015, 11:12 PM
Can't run bilsteins.

grt74
11-20-2015, 06:05 AM
rebuildable oil shock,that would be my guess,but i would test some like i said to find out what works best

Racer63
11-20-2015, 10:32 AM
Am I missing something? The original poster said he can't run gas shocks. Why are so many people saying bilstein? Are bilstein and JRI making "oil" shocks? I know penske makes an emulsion shock, is it any better than a twin tube?

My post was in response to the question A ron posted.

tworrick
12-06-2015, 06:47 PM
its going to be hard to beat afco t2 shocks for this application(for the cost),you can build a ton of different curves with them but if you want to stay super cheap because of the fear of someone buying your shocks,test with some double adjustable, get them where you want them,then have some bilstiens built to those specs or close to that,i always get a kick out of rules that have a CLAIM RULE ON SHOCKS because then you'll keep alot of different valved shocks in the trailer,just ask some of the top mod guys

This is correct. I have saw track owners and new series want to make shock rules. They need to do there research . none adjustable shocks not really cost savings. the guys winning will have a trailer full of them . as stated . Then some will let you run double adjustable but not canister . Ii even asked a track owner why did you make that rule? He said to save cost .. See not doing research . they are same price. so he really doesn't know why he doesn't want them other than racers told him that. They are late models with crates.. Leave them at that . If everyone wants all these rules then open a crate street stock class. Anyone thinking of starting crates . Ask people who have been doing it awhile .. they have been through all the mistakes your about to make ..