PDA

View Full Version : Brandon shepherd has a new ride?

SHOE32
11-19-2015, 06:03 PM
With Matt Westlake being released from Best motorsports,does this mean Bshep is in?

SHOE32
11-19-2015, 06:05 PM
Sorry,Matt westfall

Jim11h
11-20-2015, 11:11 AM
Released? Wondering if means Jeff babc0ck comes back

Ryan21mid
11-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Team owner is leaving the driver decision up to crew chief Randall Edwards per DOD. Expect a driver to be named within the next couple weeks.

Escobar
11-20-2015, 01:26 PM
Sheppard is in. Most likely running the LOOMDS series. WoO is a long shot, but in play.

W2Racing09
11-20-2015, 01:39 PM
Sheppard is in. Most likely running the LOOMDS series. WoO is a long shot, but in play.

Another driver for whom the WoO would make sense. Touring with the Rocket House car would certainly help them. If there is anyone that Richards would not share information with it certainly isn't B. Shepp. Not to mention the fact that B. Shepp would become an instant contender on the WoO (not that he isn't on the LOLMDS). Just another situation where the level of competition is crazy high on the LOLMDS, if you don't have a national sponsor that wants/needs TV Exposure I don't see a single benefit to running the LOLMDS at this point.

Thanks,
Jeff.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Another drive for whom the WoO would make sense. Touring with the Rocket House car would certainly help them. If there is anyone that Richards would not share information with it certainly isn't B. Shepp. Not to mention the fact that B. Shepp would become an instant contender on the WoO (not that he isn't on the LOLMDS). Just another situation where the level of competition is crazy high on the WoO, if you don't have a national sponsor that wants/needs TV Exposure I don't see a single benefit to running the LOLMDS at this point.

Thanks,
Jeff.

You mean the level of competition is crazy high in Lucas and WoO is dying, right?

grt74
11-20-2015, 05:20 PM
Another drive for whom the WoO would make sense. Touring with the Rocket House car would certainly help them. If there is anyone that Richards would not share information with it certainly isn't B. Shepp. Not to mention the fact that B. Shepp would become an instant contender on the WoO (not that he isn't on the LOLMDS). Just another situation where the level of competition is crazy high on the WoO, if you don't have a national sponsor that wants/needs TV Exposure I don't see a single benefit to running the LOLMDS at this point.

Thanks,
Jeff.

ask lanigan about touring with the house car,lucas would be better for brandon,that way he's not competing with josh

TackyTracker
11-20-2015, 05:37 PM
B-Shepp plenty good enough to compete on Lucas series

golddirt
11-20-2015, 07:17 PM
Dtwc says it all

71PRPFan
11-20-2015, 07:30 PM
lest we forget rocket shepp was in Josh's car that one time.

dirtMAN007
11-20-2015, 08:56 PM

Thanks,
Jeff.
Plus you and Ben Shelton make a great pair, right Jeff !!'! Lol!lol!

dirtMAN007
11-20-2015, 08:57 PM
You mean the level of competition is crazy high in Lucas and WoO is dying, right?

I think he may have been confused as he has been in the past !!!!!!

golddirt
11-20-2015, 09:42 PM
Of course he was in Josh's car but he whooped them. Or is it marks car? Hmmm

mud duck
11-20-2015, 10:26 PM

I think Jeff is drinking too much Rocket water?? Maybe he meant, since Bloomer and JD are running the Lucas there isn't much left in terms of winning on the LOLS?? Therefore, jump to the WoO to increase your chances of getting a win?

W2Racing09
11-20-2015, 10:58 PM

I got that a little backward but I certainly disagree that WoO is dying. The gauge of whether or not a tour is worth it to a track (which is how a series lives or dies) is the amount of fans drawn to the event. The WoO is packing the track at every event I've been to of theirs so I would say they are far from dying. The competition level certainly is not on the level of Lucas at this point, but dying is quite an incorrect conclusion to draw. Any type of DLM fan should hope and pray the WoO survives because cutting down to one national series will cut the amount of national touring cars in half. It would be extremely bad for DLM racing were either of the national tours to go under.

W2Racing09
11-20-2015, 11:02 PM
Plus you and Ben Shelton make a great pair, right Jeff !!'! Lol!lol!

Yet another time that you have proven that your reading comprehension (and general intelligence) is on par with the average preschooler. I'm pretty sure Ben announced quite some time back that he would not be working for the WoO series next season. So despite the fact that your comment was both ignorant and pointless to begin with, it is made even less relevant (believe it or not) because it is also incorrect.

racer67x
11-21-2015, 12:22 AM
I got that a little backward but I certainly disagree that WoO is dying. The gauge of whether or not a tour is worth it to a track (which is how a series lives or dies) is the amount of fans drawn to the event. The WoO is packing the track at every event I've been to of theirs so I would say they are far from dying. The competition level certainly is not on the level of Lucas at this point, but dying is quite an incorrect conclusion to draw. Any type of DLM fan should hope and pray the WoO survives because cutting down to one national series will cut the amount of national touring cars in half. It would be extremely bad for DLM racing were either of the national tours to go under.

wonder how strong WRG is these days..they just sold off Lernerville.

Crossbones
11-21-2015, 12:22 AM
People have been saying for years on here that WoO is dying, but I would guess that WoO will be around longer than the Lucas series because the Lucas series is owned by a big company that is using a series to promote its products and could change marketing strategy at any time. I think Forrest Lucas likes the sport but hes in his 70s? Can't live for ever and when hes gone who ever takes the company over probably will drop the sport like a hot rock while the WoO series' organization is built around the sport.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-21-2015, 04:11 AM

The national tours go under, the drivers return to their regional homes, big money drops out, price acceleration slows down. Sounds awful!

W2Racing09
11-21-2015, 06:07 AM
The national tours go under, the drivers return to their regional homes, big money drops out, price acceleration slows down. Sounds awful!

Right I'm sure thats how it would work. The promoters would certainly just keep shelling out $50k to win purses to get the same regional cars week in and week out too. I'm sure the sport would grow through all of the promotion the local tracks do as well. I think many fans would agree that it is best to see the best drivers from all regions touring all over the country. Drivers like Owens, Bloomquist, Richards, Lanigan, etc. might not even be in the sport were it not for the National series and the opportunity to possibly make a living at racing.

Thanks,
Jeff.

dirtMAN007
11-21-2015, 06:33 AM
right i'm sure thats how it would work. The promoters would certainly just keep shelling out $50k to win purses to get the same regional cars week in and week out too. I'm sure the sport would grow through all of the promotion the local tracks do as well. I think many fans would agree that it is best to see the best drivers from all regions touring all over the country. Drivers like owens, bloomquist, richards, lanigan, etc. Might not even be in the sport were it not for the national series and the opportunity to possibly make a living at racing.

Thanks,
jeff.

i'm quite sure you didn't comprehend what masterbilt said !!!!!!! So read it again slowly and then make a more informed rebuttle ! Or consult ben for help !!!!!!!!!!!

Josh Bayko
11-21-2015, 07:40 AM

I don't necessarily think it would have that effect on the sport. For instance, let's say the tours go under. Not all of them are just going to quit racing and sell everything off. At least half of them are still going to be racing in their high dollar equipment.

I'll use an example that would apply in my area. Josh Richards. If the national touring aspect died, he's not going to just stop racing. He'd go to a weekly/regional schedule He'd pop in at Lernerville or Elikins on Fridays, PPMS or Tyler on Saturdays and do other random regional shows the rest of the time, and it's not like he'd downgrade all his equipment.

OH/PA/WV locals/regionals would have to spend huge amounts of money just to keep up.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-21-2015, 08:39 AM
Right I'm sure thats how it would work. The promoters would certainly just keep shelling out $50k to win purses to get the same regional cars week in and week out too. I'm sure the sport would grow through all of the promotion the local tracks do as well. I think many fans would agree that it is best to see the best drivers from all regions touring all over the country. Drivers like Owens, Bloomquist, Richards, Lanigan, etc. might not even be in the sport were it not for the National series and the opportunity to possibly make a living at racing.

Thanks,
Jeff.

There was nothing wrong with the product in 1985. People from racing families would still be racing. That isn't going to change. And if there are 25 cars at my local show every Saturday and there is no WoO or Lucas, I don't see the problem. It is a hobby sport.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-21-2015, 08:42 AM
I don't necessarily think it would have that effect on the sport. For instance, let's say the tours go under. Not all of them are just going to quit racing and sell everything off. At least half of them are still going to be racing in their high dollar equipment.

I'll use an example that would apply in my area. Josh Richards. If the national touring aspect died, he's not going to just stop racing. He'd go to a weekly/regional schedule He'd pop in at Lernerville or Elikins on Fridays, PPMS or Tyler on Saturdays and do other random regional shows the rest of the time, and it's not like he'd downgrade all his equipment.

OH/PA/WV locals/regionals would have to spend huge amounts of money just to keep up.

That is exactly what I would expect to happen. It would slow down the current rate of inflation in DLM racing. Not suddenly reduce costs.

hucktyson
11-21-2015, 08:47 AM
I don't think the big money car owners would stick around to run local shows. This sport is a pissing contest where rich guys try to show who has the most money ...

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-21-2015, 08:50 AM
I don't think the big money car owners would stick around to run local shows. This sport is a pissing contest where rich guys try to show who has the most money ...

In that case, the result would be better than I expect.

bb14
11-21-2015, 09:08 AM
In that case, the result would be better than I expect.

I totally agree. Regional series killed super racing in the Carolinas. What will happen in Ky next year? Many will travel withe BoB and leave the local tracks without supers. Crates as headliner class does not cut it for fans. I drive 4-6 hours to watch supers and pass up many local tracks. Sorry but crates do not cut with me and most of my buddies.

National tours are not the problem. Regional tours are the problem. If we had neither the local racing could improve.

Josh Bayko
11-21-2015, 09:14 AM
That is exactly what I would expect to happen. It would slow down the current rate of inflation in DLM racing. Not suddenly reduce costs.

I don't think it would slow the inflation rate down much, if at all.

I'll use modified racing in New York as an example. About 10 years ago , many of the weekly tracks that were paying 2k+ to win a weekly feature actually cut the purses down to 1500 to win and the costs have continued on their upward arc at the same it rate it was when the big purses ruled the day.

It's racing. the money is always going to have the advantage, and everybody else will spend their last dollar to keep up.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-21-2015, 09:15 AM
I feel your pain. I am lucky to live in an area where people are still struggling along. Much of the southeast is without supers. I have been wondering what KY will look like next year.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-21-2015, 09:17 AM
I don't think it would slow the inflation rate down much, if at all.

I'll use modified racing in New York as an example. About 10 years ago , many of the weekly tracks that were paying 2k+ to win a weekly feature actually cut the purses down to 1500 to win and the costs have continued on their upward arc at the same it rate it was when the big purses ruled the day.

It's racing. the money is always going to have the advantage, and everybody else will spend their last dollar to keep up.

That isn't even the same order of magnitude, but I get your point.

Josh Bayko
11-21-2015, 09:23 AM
That isn't even the same order of magnitude, but I get your point.

I know it isn't the same order of magnitude.

There really isn't a way to "fix" racing costs. Nothing easy, at least.

bb14
11-21-2015, 03:10 PM
I feel your pain. I am lucky to live in an area where people are still struggling along. Much of the southeast is without supers. I have been wondering what KY will look like next year.

Regional racing killed the local racing in the south. None of our tracks have been the same since the promoter at Gaffney said if crates look like late models the fans will still come. Crates have dumbed down the racing and many fans will not come with crates as the top division. I would rather see a late model class with any engine. Top crate teams could run a local super class with the money that is spent. Hopefully this will not happen in KY but it looks like it could be headed that way.

grt74
11-21-2015, 04:32 PM
with what it costs to run a crate today,you could run supers,only added cost would be tires(soft tires)but from what I've heard the nesmith guys have soft tires now too,so the only savings would be in the engine area,and ill bet at the end of the year its not much

golddirt
11-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Thought this was about shep? My bad

Freezer19
11-21-2015, 08:42 PM
Thought this was about shep? My badThat's exactly what I was thinking.

SHOE32
11-21-2015, 10:41 PM
Yeah maybe I should repost thread.getting back on subject,Brandon needs to take number5 with him because that is good marketing for his old sponsors,and fans,and for tv watchers recognising him from last year

tsand
11-22-2015, 03:03 AM
I totally agree. Regional series killed super racing in the Carolinas. What will happen in Ky next year? Many will travel withe BoB and leave the local tracks without supers. Crates as headliner class does not cut it for fans. I drive 4-6 hours to watch supers and pass up many local tracks. Sorry but crates do not cut with me and most of my buddies.

National tours are not the problem. Regional tours are the problem. If we had neither the local racing could improve. that's so far from the truth it's not funny. The carolina clash had 3 drivers that ran the entire series the ultimate 3 also southen all stars 4 cars if you look at the 50 plus races for those 3 series only about 8 had full fields. 175.00 tires and 40,000 motors killed supers in the Carolinas there is less than 30 supers left in both of the carolinas. That's why local tracks quit running them. Before the clash even started Cherokee was getting maybe 10 or 12 cars at the most. Regional series didn't kill supers it saved them. What do you think if you shut down the regional series suddenly your going to have 20 supers at local track ? That's not going to happen.

bb14
11-22-2015, 02:28 PM
that's so far from the truth it's not funny. The carolina clash had 3 drivers that ran the entire series the ultimate 3 also southen all stars 4 cars if you look at the 50 plus races for those 3 series only about 8 had full fields. 175.00 tires and 40,000 motors killed supers in the Carolinas there is less than 30 supers left in both of the carolinas. That's why local tracks quit running them. Before the clash even started Cherokee was getting maybe 10 or 12 cars at the most. Regional series didn't kill supers it saved them. What do you think if you shut down the regional series suddenly your going to have 20 supers at local track ? That's not going to happen.

You are not comparing apples to apples. You are comparing this years fields after 7 or 8 years of people quitting. I do agree costs are out of hand but the last year Gaffney ran we ran 5th one night at Gaffney with a back up motor that we $4000 invested. And we were in the same straightaway as the leader. That was the big track too.

I still feel that crates helped kill supers along with Clash vs SASEast competition.

I am afraid KY will end up like ETenn and the Carolinas. Guys with some money run the series. Guys that can't afford it will try and end up quitting. Local tracks lose half field and run crates as headliner. Fans see the difference in racing and either follow series or stay home. Some guys move down. Some guys see that they have to spend about the same to race and quit. Regional series fold after 2 or 3 years and the racers have no place to race. Crate cheating is rampant and guys quit.

Regional series are not the only reason but it is a large piece of the pie. I feel most tracks have too many divisions. Consolidate the 4 cyl into one or two classes max. Same with stock bodies. Consolidate late models too. Everyone on hard tires like 1600 or 55 and run whatever motor you choose.

tsand
11-22-2015, 04:51 PM
You are not comparing apples to apples. You are comparing this years fields after 7 or 8 years of people quitting. I do agree costs are out of hand but the last year Gaffney ran we ran 5th one night at Gaffney with a back up motor that we $4000 invested. And we were in the same straightaway as the leader. That was the big track too. The only problem with your theory is that it would take several years for the supers to build back up. And no promoter is going to increase there purse for supers . The cat is out of the bag why should a track pay supers 1500 to win when they can pay crates 800 to win with 6 or 7 hundred to start in the clash. There should never be a ten grand to win regional super race if the series want full fields spread the money on back.

I still feel that crates helped kill supers along with Clash vs SASEast competition.

I am afraid KY will end up like ETenn and the Carolinas. Guys with some money run the series. Guys that can't afford it will try and end up quitting. Local tracks lose half field and run crates as headliner. Fans see the difference in racing and either follow series or stay home. Some guys move down. Some guys see that they have to spend about the same to race and quit. Regional series fold after 2 or 3 years and the racers have no place to race. Crate cheating is rampant and guys quit.

Regional series are not the only reason but it is a large piece of the pie. I feel most tracks have too many divisions. Consolidate the 4 cyl into one or two classes max. Same with stock bodies. Consolidate late models too. Everyone on hard tires like 1600 or 55 and run whatever motor you choose. The only problem with your theory is the cats already out of the bag no promoter is going to pay supers 1500 to win when the have proven that the crates will run for 800 to win. We run the clash and ultimate the guys that win ever week will always be there. It's the guys 6th on back that their losing every year we've been lobbing for the clash to pay 2500 to win with 600 to start if they want to retain the cars they got. There never should be a ten grand to win regional race leave that for the national series . When the crates guys proved that they would race weekly for so little money supers were dead.

zyoung25
11-22-2015, 05:08 PM
Yeah maybe I should repost thread.getting back on subject,Brandon needs to take number5 with him because that is good marketing for his old sponsors,and fans,and for tv watchers recognising him from last year

I would assume he will get to keep his number. Anyone else that has driven for that team has kept their own digits.

rickybrown1952
11-22-2015, 05:30 PM
I may be way behind things here but Is sheppard going to drive for someone else in 16?

zyoung25
11-22-2015, 05:46 PM
I may be way behind things here but Is sheppard going to drive for someone else in 16?

At Charlotte Brandon drove Matts back up car during the world finals. Earlier this week, it was said that Westfall and team parted ways. It hasn't been released yet from either side of its for sure that BShep will be that car or not.

It's weird to me that they cut Westfall free, he has done well in anything he has driven. He isn't hard on stuff and is a contender. Shep may be a better choice, but who's to say Westfall couldn't be as good in time to come?

largecar139
11-22-2015, 06:15 PM
Here is the problem with local tracks. We all pay 15 dollars to get in the gates beer and food is an OK price but what are we really watching? A bunch of junk. You have about 10 to 15 supers and there is probably only 3 or 4 that win all the time at the same tracks. Same goes with modifieds. Then your left with a bunch of street stocks and bombers an 4 cylinders. Which I may add that the tracks love cause they bring in pit gate money. Now the price of racing is sky high and with all the money they could be paying the drivers they just put it in their pockets. There is no reason that places in the St Louis area such as tri city, I-55, highland etc can't pay their supers 2500 to 3 grand every weekend. Regional series is helping alot for instance look at the summer nationals. All the talented drivers in Illinois and Indiana etc. The real problem is the promoters in this sport. Ya that's great we have LOLMDS AND WOO but it also helps we have the mars series and summernationals. But the weekly local tracks ultimately need to pay out more cash. No questions asked

Highside Hustler25
11-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Here is the problem with local tracks. We all pay 15 dollars to get in the gates beer and food is an OK price but what are we really watching? A bunch of junk. You have about 10 to 15 supers and there is probably only 3 or 4 that win all the time at the same tracks. Same goes with modifieds. Then your left with a bunch of street stocks and bombers an 4 cylinders. Which I may add that the tracks love cause they bring in pit gate money. Now the price of racing is sky high and with all the money they could be paying the drivers they just put it in their pockets. There is no reason that places in the St Louis area such as tri city, I-55, highland etc can't pay their supers 2500 to 3 grand every weekend. Regional series is helping alot for instance look at the summer nationals. All the talented drivers in Illinois and Indiana etc. The real problem is the promoters in this sport. Ya that's great we have LOLMDS AND WOO but it also helps we have the mars series and summernationals. But the weekly local tracks ultimately need to pay out more cash. No questions asked

I think this translates into Yes. Brandon will be in a new ride.

Eldora > Your Track
11-22-2015, 08:47 PM
At Charlotte Brandon drove Matts back up car during the world finals. Earlier this week, it was said that Westfall and team parted ways. It hasn't been released yet from either side of its for sure that BShep will be that car or not.

It's weird to me that they cut Westfall free, he has done well in anything he has driven. He isn't hard on stuff and is a contender. Shep may be a better choice, but who's to say Westfall couldn't be as good in time to come?

Couldn't agree more. Fast qualifier at the Dream and was running decent in feature until 10 to go. Wins Buckeye Late Model week. Made the Knoxville Nationals. 2nd in prelim feature at the World. Was leading Bmain at World Finals before nose got bent under. And to cap it off, a track champion at Eldora.

Had a very very solid 1st year running with the best in the country. Didn't get a win, but had a very good year. Big mistake by BPM in my opinion.

SHOE32
11-22-2015, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I think westfall kind of got a raw deal.I thought he did really well.I don't really know much about him but his results were pretty good.But I am a fan of Midwestern drivers,and Brandon is a helluva driver,so I hope he does get the ride.And I wish good luck to westfall too.

SnakeX3
11-24-2015, 08:28 AM
If Westfall wants to go LM racing, someone will pick him up. I think it is more a question of whether he can earn a living doing it without Best Performance behind him.

Most people on here probably followed the story of Best Performance and Sheppard leading up to and following the World Finals, so it isn't worth writing it out. The facts are that Shep was gushing over working with Randle Edwards. Edwards is calling the shots at Best Performance per Brock's comment in Kovak's piece on DoD. Westfall has been released. What remains is speculation, but it's common sense.

If you're Brock/Best Performance you want to get the most media/PR for your sponsors as possible. You release Westfall to get the speculation started and build some buzz around what they will do next. Normally that wouldn't get a lot of attention, but what with it being the off-season and people have nothing else to talk about the timing is perfect. They wait until the next big media event, which is PRI. They hold a press conference and Shep is trotted out in front of the cameras. It puts some extra focus on the team and the sponsors. That's a smart move.

Westfall certainly did a fine job as a 38 year old rookie, but Shep is 16 years younger and has the potential to be one of the faces of DLMR for decades to come. If you only have enough money to back one driver and you have a chance to lock up a 23 year old budding star who will appeal to that key 18-34 year old demographic that sponsors want, from a business standpoint the choice is easy.

And as far as Westfall goes, with his resume it won't be hard finding a ride somewhere. If Best was going to make a move at least they didn't hang him out to dry by waiting until after the holidays. He'll have the entire off-season to get a deal done. You have to hate it for him, but I'm sure he'll land on all fours.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-24-2015, 08:48 AM
If Westfall wants to go LM racing, someone will pick him up. I think it is more a question of whether he can earn a living doing it without Best Performance behind him.

Most people on here probably followed the story of Best Performance and Sheppard leading up to and following the World Finals, so it isn't worth writing it out. The facts are that Shep was gushing over working with Randle Edwards. Edwards is calling the shots at Best Performance per Brock's comment in Kovak's piece on DoD. Westfall has been released. What remains is speculation, but it's common sense.

If you're Brock/Best Performance you want to get the most media/PR for your sponsors as possible. You release Westfall to get the speculation started and build some buzz around what they will do next. Normally that wouldn't get a lot of attention, but what with it being the off-season and people have nothing else to talk about the timing is perfect. They wait until the next big media event, which is PRI. They hold a press conference and Shep is trotted out in front of the cameras. It puts some extra focus on the team and the sponsors. That's a smart move.

Westfall certainly did a fine job as a 38 year old rookie, but Shep is 16 years younger and has the potential to be one of the faces of DLMR for decades to come. If you only have enough money to back one driver and you have a chance to lock up a 23 year old budding star who will appeal to that key 18-34 year old demographic that sponsors want, from a business standpoint the choice is easy.

And as far as Westfall goes, with his resume it won't be hard finding a ride somewhere. If Best was going to make a move at least they didn't hang him out to dry by waiting until after the holidays. He'll have the entire off-season to get a deal done. You have to hate it for him, but I'm sure he'll land on all fours.

You make this sound all professional and NASCAR-like. What national sponsors does Best have? Honestly, this past year was the first they really upper their profile much.

I get everything you say. But, as I see it, we essentially folded two teams into one and there is one less super LM out there now. With the lack of rides out there, I am uncertain that Westfall will get a ride at near that level. Sure, I would have a ride for him at Moler Raceway Park on a regular Friday night.

Freezer19
11-24-2015, 12:26 PM
You make this sound all professional and NASCAR-like. What national sponsors does Best have? Honestly, this past year was the first they really upper their profile much.I get everything you say. But, as I see it, we essentially folded two teams into one and there is one less super LM out there now. With the lack of rides out there, I am uncertain that Westfall will get a ride at near that level. Sure, I would have a ride for him at Moler Raceway Park on a regular Friday night.This past year was really the first time Best tried to make a run at a large Super Late team. I don't know that they need a national sponsor. Best has fielded a super and Mod for Bab(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and a Wingless and Mod for Westfall up until last year. That doesn't sound like a team that spares expense plus addition of Randall Edwards and scaling back to Just Late Models has been the big difference. IMHO. But I think Jeff Bab(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) is still associated with Best so maybe he will be coming back to the team and run second car. I think this could be great for Brandon and he's proven winner. It was really just him and one full time guy and finished 6th in Lucas points. I think Edwards was his crew Cheif when he was in the house car when they Won the DTWC and Randall showed this year he can make those Best Cars go this year with the success and schedule they ran.

play4kps
11-26-2015, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't bet on Brandon just yet! Don't think its out of the realm for them to sign, Kent Robinson, Wayne Chinn, John Henry, Dustin Linville, Rusty Schlenk or maybe even Chris Ferguson. Brandon has a good car and help from Valvoline.

CPope84
12-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Id like to see Fergy get the ride

oldfart50
12-01-2015, 05:09 PM
The Valvoline deal isnt a big deal.

zyoung25
12-01-2015, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't bet on Brandon just yet! Don't think its out of the realm for them to sign, Kent Robinson, Wayne Chinn, John Henry, Dustin Linville, Rusty Schlenk or maybe even Chris Ferguson. Brandon has a good car and help from Valvoline.

Robinson isn't going anywhere, he drives his own stuff, and races when he wants. Out of those guys have listed here, I would just take Matt over any of them. Fergy isn't going to take a ride for a car in Ohio wen he works a full time job in NC.

hucktyson
12-02-2015, 05:57 AM
I looks to me like sheppards stuff is nicer than the best performance stuff .. Seems like a downgrade for him unless they are just tired of spending that kind of money

cutman
12-02-2015, 08:23 AM
I looks to me like sheppards stuff is nicer than the best performance stuff .. Seems like a downgrade for him unless they are just tired of spending that kind of money

Just out of curiosity, what leads you to believe that?

pushin cushin
12-02-2015, 06:23 PM
Does anyone know what car B-Shepp will be in at the Wild West Shootout? Will he be in his stuff or the BP car?

Eldora > Your Track
12-02-2015, 08:25 PM

Going from Westfall to Chinn, Henry or Schlenk would be a downgrade as far as the driver goes. In my opinion.

Dirtfan19
12-03-2015, 07:27 AM
sheppard will be in his family owned stuff in the wild west shootout and will be in the best performance car running the complete lucus oil tour. per DOD also keeping the B5 as his number

oldfart50
12-03-2015, 11:23 AM
Too many people are hung on car numbers.

pink floyd
12-03-2015, 03:35 PM
sheppard will be in his family owned stuff in the wild west shootout and will be in the best performance car running the complete lucus oil tour. per DOD also keeping the B5 as his number

I knew the best performance car was going to run the complete lucas tour in 2016, but I was hoping westfall would be behind the wheel. they released him way to early; matt would have turned a bunch of heads next season and I guarantee you he would have won some races. hope he lands a solid ride in 2016. best wishes to bshepp in his new ride.

pink floyd
12-03-2015, 03:37 PM
Too many people are hung on car numbers.

I would prefer to see car numbers stay with drivers, it makes it easier on us old folks.

zyoung25
12-03-2015, 06:05 PM
I would prefer to see car numbers stay with drivers, it makes it easier on us old folks.

Sprint guys are he worst. They change cars like some people change underwear. I think Jac Haudenschild changed cars 4 or 5 times this year, none of the cars were numbered the same. I don't even know what his actual number is? I know he ran 22 for years, I believe that car owned by a Elden guy.

Dante Toledo, OH
12-03-2015, 09:06 PM
It was on Facebook today Sheppard is in the ride and it is b5. Running the Lucas tour

BerckFan
12-04-2015, 07:39 AM
Sprint guys are he worst. They change cars like some people change underwear. I think Jac Haudenschild changed cars 4 or 5 times this year, none of the cars were numbered the same. I don't even know what his actual number is? I know he ran 22 for years, I believe that car owned by a Elden guy.

Very good point, this is part of the reason I don't follow sprint cars much. I probably only see 2-3 sprint car show per year and it's only when they are on the card with LM's. I like to know who's running where during a race and not knowing their numbers makes it difficult, for me anyway. There typically is no identity, just knowing the names is not enough if you can't pair them up with a number. jmo

Josh Bayko
12-04-2015, 07:53 AM

It might be easier, but changing numbers and schemes can have a very positive impact on merchandise sales. If was a touring driver I'd change numbers every couple years and the graphic scheme and car color a few times a year.

pink floyd
12-04-2015, 08:11 AM
It might be easier, but changing numbers and schemes can have a very positive impact on merchandise sales. If was a touring driver I'd change numbers every couple years and the graphic scheme and car color a few times a year.

change schemes and colors all you want, just leave the number the same. changing numbers is not required for successful merchandise sales, ask owens and bloomers.

Josh Bayko
12-04-2015, 08:51 AM
change schemes and colors all you want, just leave the number the same. changing numbers is not required for successful merchandise sales, ask owens and bloomers.

Bloomer did change his number. That was a poor example.

Davenport has driven cars with three different numbers over the last ten years. I've heard no complaints.

pink floyd
12-04-2015, 09:02 AM
Bloomer did change his number. That was a poor example.

Davenport has driven cars with three different numbers over the last ten years. I've heard no complaints.

bloomer changed his number how many years ago?? I was giving examples of drivers who had not changed numbers in the last 2 or 3 years that have awesome merchandise sales. bloomer is a great example.

W2Racing09
12-04-2015, 09:40 AM

It isn't very often that anyone considers the impact anything has on anything other than their own wallet or preferences. I will say changing the scheme, colors, etc. is a very good idea several times per year. I like a few others would prefer that drivers keep the same numbers, but I'm not going to rake anybody over the coals if they don't. Often times a driver runs for an owner (note, the person who pays the bills) who has a number preferences (Boyer/Lanigan).

As far as merchandise sales go, Josh Richards runs the same number each season and has for quite awhile and can't imagine him changing anytime soon. With that said anytime his scheme changes I'll be in line to buy a new shirt the first chance I get. No need for a number change.

Thanks,
Jeff.

pink floyd
12-04-2015, 10:58 AM
I will say changing the scheme, colors, etc. is a very good idea several times per year. I like a few others would prefer that drivers keep the same numbers, but I'm not going to rake anybody over the coals if they don't.

As far as merchandise sales go, Josh Richards runs the same number each season and has for quite awhile and can't imagine him changing anytime soon. With that said anytime his scheme changes I'll be in line to buy a new shirt the first chance I get. No need for a number change.

Thanks,
Jeff.

good post jeff, but statements like these are going to aggravate josh. haha