PDA

View Full Version : Rice Brothers Racing selling their Club 29 cars

Gary
11-20-2015, 01:00 PM
It looks like Rice Brothers Racing are trying to sell their Club 29 cars and moving to Rayburn race cars. They looked good in the Club 29 cars so I wonder why the switch. Cost?

James Rice (Facebook)

November 14 at 12:02pm ·

We have 2 Club 29 cars for sale call/text 859-240-6975 or 859-512-4767 for details

Getting new ones?

James Rice: Trying too

Are you switching chassis?

Josh Rice: Rayburn's

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-20-2015, 01:37 PM
This has got to be a joke...

GA-DIRT
11-20-2015, 02:06 PM
CJ just told me not that knowed of

Gary
11-20-2015, 03:16 PM
This has got to be a joke...

Both James and Josh have the Club 29 cars listed as for sale on their facebook pages.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-20-2015, 03:26 PM
Both James and Josh have the Club 29 cars listed as for sale on their facebook pages.

I wasn't questioning that part of the statement. Surely they are due for new rides.

Drop Shock
11-20-2015, 03:29 PM
I'd say it's pretty safe to say they're getting brand new club 29s. Seems like there are quite a few Club 29s and Black Diamonds for sale once they hit the 30 to 40 race mark.

AnothaBenchRacer
11-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Brothers will be touring the Lucas Oil Series behind the wheel of the duel Rayburn House Cars.

zyoung25
11-20-2015, 07:44 PM
I'd say it's pretty safe to say they're getting brand new club 29s. Seems like there are quite a few Club 29s and Black Diamonds for sale once they hit the 30 to 40 race mark.

James just got his new car right before the fall 50, it isn't that old.

latemodels4life
11-20-2015, 08:23 PM
Drop Shock I hope you don't think club 29 car's are wore out when they get up to 30- 40 races on them. LOL I know 1 guy that has 1 with 3 year's on it and he is still winning with it, and another guy has 2 years on his and still winning races.

pickersparadise
11-20-2015, 09:18 PM
I think cj is close, but cant seem to get anyone to commit to running them, cant see the rice boys doing it !!!! i think they will stay where they are!!! If cj would give a couple chassis to a good driver, and furnish motors and toters,,,,,,,, maybe,,,, maybe ,,,, someone would take the chance

cutman
11-20-2015, 09:20 PM
I think cj is close, but cant seem to get anyone to commit to running them, cant see the rice boys doing it !!!! i think they will stay where they are!!! If cj would give a couple chassis to a good driver, and furnish motors and toters,,,,,,,, maybe,,,, maybe ,,,, someone would take the chance

He better come up with some better motors than what comes out of his shop

TMaCiLLiNi39
11-21-2015, 01:42 AM
All I'm gonna say is....

#hornsup

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-21-2015, 04:06 AM
#chassisofthemonthclub

blncfn57
11-21-2015, 06:17 AM
Drop Shock I hope you don't think club 29 car's are wore out when they get up to 30- 40 races on them. LOL I know 1 guy that has 1 with 3 year's on it and he is still winning with it, and another guy has 2 years on his and still winning races.

I wasn't aware that club 29 cars were built 3 years ago, but I have certainly been wrong before. On what level are the guys winning on with these old cars? JW Not doubting, just asking.

latemodels4life
11-21-2015, 02:30 PM
It was darrels own personal car he bought 3 years ago, same car that they are building now.

TS FAN
11-21-2015, 06:47 PM
Josh running a tour? I am sure he will, but isn't he still in high school. Well anyway, nice and confusing thread. LOL Rumor Mill lives.

zyoung25
11-23-2015, 04:18 AM
It was darrels own personal car he bought 3 years ago, same car that they are building now.

If whoever you are talking about has a rocket by club 29, they aren't the same car as you say. I know a guy that has a BD/club 29 and he had a rocket by club 29, he even said they arent the same car. His car was Darrells personal 2012 car, that had been updated to 2013 rocket by club 29.

huskerdirt
11-23-2015, 04:57 AM
If whoever you are talking about has a rocket by club 29, they aren't the same car as you say. I know a guy that has a BD/club 29 and he had a rocket by club 29, he even said they arent the same car. His car was Darrells personal 2012 car, that had been updated to 2013 rocket by club 29.

I always find it funny how someone gets a Rocket by Club 29 and it instantly becomes a Club 29 by BD.

That's not only coming from fans, but drivers that own/drive those cars.

lazermod3
11-23-2015, 03:29 PM
This chassis is comprised of the Club 29 front end assembly,with the all popular C.J.Rayburn center section,with the Longhorn style rear suspension.

These units should be a great help to the Rice's

BigNilla
11-23-2015, 10:22 PM
What about the Schneider Bushing? Will that be available on the new SodBuster?

lazermod3
11-24-2015, 07:30 AM
What about the Schneider Bushing? Will that be available on the new SodBuster?

A definite,"YES" I didn't want to mention this,but it's overall performance on the Longhorn rear suspension should speak for itself..But to answer your question the self lubricated,lifetime guaranteed,hermetically sealed schneider bushing will be available as a option.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-24-2015, 08:21 AM
They are all copied off an 86 Rayburn. So I guess they are getting them.

onlyfacts
11-24-2015, 10:55 AM
They are all copied off an 86 Rayburn. So I guess they are getting them. You are such an expert. How do you keep up with all of it? So does that mean they are copies of a Roscoe Smith car? Because that is the car that CJ copied... But wait Roscoe copied Holman and Moody so I guess they all are copies of something... But you seem to be so informed I am impressed.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-24-2015, 11:12 AM
You are such an expert. How do you keep up with all of it? So does that mean they are copies of a Roscoe Smith car? Because that is the car that CJ copied... But wait Roscoe copied Holman and Moody so I guess they all are copies of something... But you seem to be so informed I am impressed.

My comment was tongue in cheek because that is something I have heard people say. Not everything here is serious...

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-24-2015, 11:25 AM
You are such an expert. How do you keep up with all of it? So does that mean they are copies of a Roscoe Smith car? Because that is the car that CJ copied... But wait Roscoe copied Holman and Moody so I guess they all are copies of something... But you seem to be so informed I am impressed.

But, who originated what and when is very much up for arguement in the DLM world. People's beliefs are very much biased by what part of the country they are from. Some folks give CJ too much credit. Some folks make a big leap of faith about what is actually copying. I am uncertain a real consensus can be found.

onlyfacts
11-24-2015, 11:51 AM
But, who originated what and when is very much up for arguement in the DLM world. People's beliefs are very much biased by what part of the country they are from. Some folks give CJ too much credit. Some folks make a big leap of faith about what is actually copying. I am uncertain a real consensus can be found.In almost all industries things are off of something... Henry Ford didn't build the first automobile but he built one and William Durant did the same when he built the first Chevrolet. I am sure Suzuki, Yamaha, Harley or Honda didn't build the first motorcycle but guess what they still have 2 wheels just like the first motorcycle that was built and copied from a bicycle. CJ was a part of Late Model History but there were cars built before he started that he copied ideas from. CJ was everyone's buddy but that doesn't make him the inventor of a dirt late model. And I assure you that Mr. Lanigan and Mr. Stuckey has copied all their ideas from somewhere. That is a fact.

onlyfacts
11-24-2015, 12:00 PM
The early history of the automobile can be divided into a number of eras, based on the prevalent means of propulsion. Later periods were defined by trends in exterior styling, size, and utility preferences.In 1768, the first steam powered automobile capable of human transportation was built by Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot.[1]:14In 1807, François Isaac de Rivaz designed the first car powered by an internal combustion engine fueled by hydrogen.In 1886 the first petrol or gasoline powered automobile the Benz Patent-Motorwagen was invented by Karl Benz.[2] This is also considered to be the first "production" vehicle as Benz made several identical copies.So I guess these are the cars they all are copied from.

onlyfacts
11-24-2015, 12:40 PM
My comment was tongue in cheek because that is something I have heard people say. Not everything here is serious... I see you were born in 1977 that's two years before CJ copied a yellow #29 Roscoe Smith car driven by Rodney Combs and incorporated some frame design from Bob Glidden's pro stock drag car to lighten up what Roscoe Smith had.

JustAddDirt
11-24-2015, 01:20 PM
Jigalo was also an early fabricated chassis as well.
I believe they were a pretty good car
Tri-City Buggy was also another one.

onlyfacts
11-24-2015, 01:44 PM
Jigalo was also an early fabricated chassis as well.I believe they were a pretty good carTri-City Buggy was also another one.Jigalo was started by Jimmy Thomas grandfather of William Thomas.. Jigalos were copied from Holman and Moody. Tri- City Buggy was started by Gary Oliver who copied Howe Chassis and sold them out of Rock Island, IL

Catfish N Rice 11
11-24-2015, 01:44 PM
This post is hilarious lol

zyoung25
11-24-2015, 06:33 PM
Since someone is such a history buff......who drove the Rayburn car ever produced?

I'm sure mastersbilt_racer knows. So shhhhh!

jshawn81
11-24-2015, 06:54 PM
Was it Jon Osman or was that the first car ever sold

zyoung25
11-24-2015, 06:58 PM
It was Jon.....

crownman25
11-24-2015, 11:34 PM
don't forget the tger tom pistone car of buck simmons black gold. 41 67 camero 1977 it was a terror for several years , it was all tubular chassis.he won nearly every race at Newport speedway that year plus tiny lund memorial

zyoung25
02-02-2016, 08:52 PM
Seen a pic of Josh's car. Black Diamond on the spolier?

george w
02-02-2016, 09:13 PM
Seen a pic of Josh's car. Black Diamond on the spolier? theres a pic posted two days ago on twitter only shows a portion of the back end cant see the front of the spoiler but the fuel cell clear as day says black diamond.

zyoung25
02-02-2016, 09:33 PM
Supposedly the BD/club cars have different front end design from last year. A lot of guys were complaining they couldn't feel the front end of the cars. They had a good showing in Arizona, they may have cured that problem with this new twist.

Clayton_Wetter
02-03-2016, 03:36 PM

Rayburn bought the Ken Walton car that won the World 100 in 1978 to start patterning after.