PDA

View Full Version : Former late model guy has chance to win nascar championship tomorrow

almost broke
11-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Kyles crew chief is a former dirt late model racer well known in the southern Ohio area. Adam Stevens former southern track champ, ran the northern all star deal for a few months, made the 99 dream by winning the 3rd heat over Freddy smith. He ran late models for about 4 years, raced carter county,thunder mountain, southern ,k-c ,Portsmouth , eldora , etc. His father is a former late model guy as well the late Greg Stevens, I just thought I would share that with some of you. Here is a guy that gave up dirt late models to chase his dream,good luck tomorrow buddy I hope you guys get it done.

smith19
11-21-2015, 10:51 PM
did not know greg passed away. #31

zyoung25
11-21-2015, 11:24 PM
I'm glad to see a small time guy like Adam make it big, didn't know about Greg passing either. They were both household names at prp in the 90s.

almost broke
11-22-2015, 09:07 AM
I'm glad to see a small time guy like Adam make it big, didn't know about Greg passing either. They were both household names at prp in the 90s.

Greg passed away about 5 years ago from cancer. Greg was very proud of what Adam had accomplished, he had the chance to join Adam at several races while coming up through the nascar ranks. Adam worked for his dad's roofing company in the summer and he could play racecar a night when the crew would arrive back at the shop, anybody knows anything about roofing knows it's anything but easy. He earned the right to drive a racecar through hard work,his dad wasn't easy on him, but I bet he is smiling down on him today probably thinking my son has a shot to win a championship in the biggest sports in the world NASCAR, unreal. So today while or if you watch the race cheer him and his team on as they try to capture a title. Adam you make the people of southern Ohio very proud

almost broke
11-22-2015, 07:16 PM
Congratulations team Gibbs and Adam Stevens

zyoung25
11-23-2015, 12:30 AM
http://i67.tinypic.com/ztseh.jpg

I seen someone uploaded this on facebook earlier.

Congrats to Adam, Kyle, and the rest of the team.

TheJet-09
11-23-2015, 08:35 AM
I'm certain I remember the blue 31A car. Good stuff!

pink floyd
11-23-2015, 06:07 PM
saw the stevens construction cars race at prp several times and a couple times at kc back in the 90's. congrats to adam!!

chupp n bloomer fan
11-26-2015, 06:37 AM
Congrats to him and very cool. Good article too, ty.